33 replies to this topic

#21 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

If those people in the documentary weren't actors and really the people they portray themselves to be (like police and caseworkers) then yes it was scary. Did Zak dramatize any parts of the documentary? If he did then a lot of his crew did too and the timeline of incidents that happened was strange!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#22 Sepulture

Sepulture

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Film, Horror and The Paranormal. All very interesting subjects, so I love mixing the three together whenever I can. I am an award winning film maker and Direct/Host a travel show, Haunted Routes, where we visit haunted locations and map out the routes to create the ultimate haunted road trip experiences.

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

View Postshadow0421, on 05 May 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Here's the documentary on youtube: https://www.youtube....h?v=4vwcGvHcLEE I'm watching it now.
Thank you for sharing this!  Watching it this weekend.  Looking forward to discussing it with you guys afterwards.

#23 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

I haven't had time to watch yet between work and all. Hopefully it will still be on YouTube for a few more days
Posted Image

#24 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Found time to watch it last night. It wasn't in High Definition, but it was free so all good.

I wasn't as annoying as the TV show, it was more straightforward but not much in the way of actually investigating, more just talking to people involved in it, DR Barry Taff was in it a little bit, he does have some cred in the field, and did have some severe physical problems after being in the house, although it can't be proven it's because of the house.

Early on, I found it revealing that what some of the witnesses said was based on if they were offered money. There was a movie producer who wanted to make a movie and was telling some not to talk about the house to anyone else, and one told Zak there weren't ghosts in the house (he was one of several squatters living there), but he'd tell him there was, depending on how much money was being offered.

So what people said..or would not say...was largely dependant on how much money they thought they could get out of the deal.

It didn't totally suck, was somewhat interesting, but I'm not 100% sold it was all real. But not a bad way to kill a few hours, at least while it's free. I suspect the copywrite police will eventually take it off YouTube
Posted Image

#25 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

I think it was strange the number of incidents, accidents, death and illnesses that were supposedly associated with people coming into contact with the house. Is it a coincidence or something more?  I think it was well worth the watch!
Posted Image

#26 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

I spent my lunch time while eating watching the first 45 minutes of this.  I will likely finish it tomorrow.  My take so far

Some claim they experienced "events" in the house and others said they saw / felt nothing.  (we all know that some people are more sensitive to paranormal than others).
The 3 cop cars that show up when he got a call that someone was on the front porch was interesting.  Those officers made no bones about it that they did not want to go in...in fear that they might be followed home by it.  I wonder what they would have done if the front door was busted down and a possible suspect was inside???
There was asbestos and black mold found in the house.

IMO, the woman who just showed up and claimed to have lived there before and had experienced stuff was WAY TOO willing to go back in the house and even go into the basement when she never would before is too fishy IMO.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#27 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 14 May 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

I spent my lunch time while eating watching the first 45 minutes of this.  I will likely finish it tomorrow.  My take so far

Some claim they experienced "events" in the house and others said they saw / felt nothing.  (we all know that some people are more sensitive to paranormal than others).
The 3 cop cars that show up when he got a call that someone was on the front porch was interesting.  Those officers made no bones about it that they did not want to go in...in fear that they might be followed home by it.  I wonder what they would have done if the front door was busted down and a possible suspect was inside??? I don't think they would be pursuing LOL
There was asbestos and black mold found in the house.

IMO, the woman who just showed up and claimed to have lived there before and had experienced stuff was WAY TOO willing to go back in the house and even go into the basement when she never would before is too fishy IMO.

Interesting review so far :yes: It gets even more interesting and can't wait for you to finish watching. Zac to his credit seems to be showing both, for and against theories which was a pleasant surprise! I am still gob stopped. It actually made me feel uncomfortable watching it. Although I am not too sure I believe in the scary looking devil stuff; I do believe they can take on an image that most frightens us. If that makes any sense?
Posted Image

#28 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

Ok,  I finished it today.

First take on the second half.  I found it odd that, considering how many people had experienced strange feelings in the house by Zac or the doctor or others...that not one of the crew noticed their buddy acting weird or going to the basement solo.

at the ~1:27 mark.  When Zac's small camera was jostled and the focus was gone.  My first thought was "this is when something will show up and all I'll see is a shadow or blur.  Then then shadow shows up on that camera...and only that camera.

I only ever felt chills once while watching it.  The feeling was here and gone in a flash.  Just like the whatever showed up on the video by the door frame for the bathroom for less than 1 second.

Here is my whole .02 worth.  I think the house had some form or type of activity that was probably induced by someone playing with something they shouldn't have.  Most people would never go back into a house that had caused so many issues.  I question those who would go back in if they claim to be afraid.  I am wary that someone else is trying to possibly make a movie or something about this house and some people are doing things to make a buck or 15 minutes of fame.

The claimed health conditions eluded to have been caused by this house (or what was in it) is another big question for me.  if you had a condition occur when present in a house, would you want to keep parts of that house you have deemed "haunted" for old times sake???  I would have thought that Zac would have produced documentation showing the health issues of those affected...if there was any to show?

Tearing the house down at the end does remove any and all chances for anyone else to prove / disprove the story.  Removes the chances of a film studio using the house.  Gary, IN sounds like a pretty run down type of city.  I would imagine that there is no shortage of people willing to do or say anything to make a buck or two.

My biggest pet peeve (pun intended).  I think it was the priest or the Dr who claimed they heard a dog growl or bark from in the house.  The background sound / music after that had sounds that were too similar to a dog growl sound.  I heard a sound that was just the background music more than once that sounded like a dog.  I would wait for Zac to make a comment every time I heard it.  I was listening on headphone btw.

I really think something happened in or around this house and that it was likely embellished to some degree.

Edited by LouczarGStudy, 15 May 2018 - 11:57 AM.

Life is short, enjoy it!

#29 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Fair assessment. Many people involved were looking for a buck out of this. Barry Taft is the wild card for me, he has been in the paranormal since the 70s and the Entity case. But I have seen in the past few years him saying how dire his financial situation is, so who knows. Also that dark shadow they caught....despite what that one "Expert" claimed, it sure looks like the cameraman finger to me
Posted Image

#30 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:07 AM

Dang Vlawde, your finger explanation was too perfect.  I have a 1 hour drive to work and was thinki9ng about it this morning on the way in.  I had entertained the idea of what if one of the other guys had done this.  I had not considered a finger...but that makes sense.  Even though they tried to show the camera guy filming(from a stationary camera in the living room) when he caught that.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#31 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Looks like the movie is off YouTube for copywrite stuff. I'm surprised it was on there as long as it was
Posted Image

#32 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

There's no such thing. Haunted though? That I can believe.

#33 jwc

jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:52 AM

View Posthoneebee70, on 07 January 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

I'm sure most here have heard of this story. My question is was it ever proven to be false?  I have searched google on it and can't find anything saying it was a hoax.
I think like the Amityville  haunting some of the activity is genuine, while some as been exaggerated for effect or publicity.

#34 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the recap Lou, I agree with your assessment!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users