6 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 15 October 2021 - 04:51 AM

There's a 5 part series on Amazon titled "The Blackwell Ghost" exploring a haunted location by filmmaker Turner Clay using the catch line "To Prove That Ghosts Exist".  I believe the first installment is free with an Amazon Prime account. Just wondering if the community has watched any part of the series. I'm about halfway through the 5 parts presently.

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B072Z62L22

A few questions to ask yourself if you decide to contribute.

1.) How does one go about proving they exist?
2.) Do you feel he's adequately proven that ghosts exist?
3.) Are you skeptical of his proof of authenticity and why?

I'll add my opinion a little later on once I've finished all five.  Any contribution in this thread is appreciated and thank you in advance!

Edited by EVP, 15 October 2021 - 04:54 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 October 2021 - 05:31 AM

I have Prime but it looks like you have to pay to watch it
Posted Image

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 05:44 AM

View PostVlawde, on 15 October 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

I have Prime but it looks like you have to pay to watch it

The first episode was free Vlawde. Look up https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B072Z62L22

Link adjusted.

Edited by EVP, 15 October 2021 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:42 AM

No I haven't seen the "documentary" but came across this while doing a little looking around
About the screaming haunted hotel

This is filmmaker Turner Clay playing a role as a security man at a hotel in a ghost clip for his film, The Blackwell Ghost, which includes this clip at the beginning of the film and was never intended to be taken seriously.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:16 AM

I haven't yet had time to watch it, but did google it. Apparently it's a 'found footage' type movie dressed up as a documentary
Posted Image

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 05:28 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 16 October 2021 - 04:42 AM, said:

This is filmmaker Turner Clay playing a role as a security man at a hotel in a ghost clip for his film, The Blackwell Ghost, which includes this clip at the beginning of the film and was never intended to be taken seriously.

The series suggest otherwise in regards to be taken seriously. I suspect that was another author's opinion and not Turner Clay's.

I'll give this a while longer to see if anyone has taken the time to watch it. I do realize time is the most valuable commodity a human has. So, no worry if you don't have the time. Thanks to Klainey & Vlawde for the reply nonetheless.

Edited by EVP, 17 October 2021 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:25 PM

View PostEVP, on 17 October 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

The series suggest otherwise in regards to be taken seriously. I suspect that was another author's opinion and not Turner Clay's.

I'll give this a while longer to see if anyone has taken the time to watch it. I do realize time is the most valuable commodity a human has. So, no worry if you don't have the time. Thanks to Klainey & Vlawde for the reply nonetheless.

Yes, that was another author's opinion.

I watched the first doco! I think it is for entertainment. Why!

The "Fire" is a red flag for me. I feel if the guy thought there was a fire, he would be turning on the lights to find the fire as quickly as possible, not stopping to look around the basement door like he did I think your focus would be on the source of the smoke. Then his wife stays above stairs instead of following him once he said there was a fire! I would think if they thought there was a fire they would want to evacuate the dwelling. I know he sets the stage by telling his wife to stay there in the master bedroom, but once he indicated there was a fire. I think a person's normal reaction would be for your safety and you would want to be moving down and out WHILE phoning the fire department. Also, for a clean oven and cooktops, the smoke seemed to be a bit over the top!

The basement scene with the ball... I thought that peculiar! Did he zoom in or walk towards it? Or was the camera doing its own focus thing? If he took the time to zoom in or move towards the ball or even wait for the camera to focus in; it didn't validate his flight reaction for me once everything came into closer focus! His wife staying upstairs each time with her nonchalant attitude was also peculiar for me! EVP what did you think?

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter