12 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

Wow, this is a strange video it looks like a ghost train and you can see a person's legs moving in the shelter.

Watch the video here

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:16 AM

Spoooooky
Posted Image

#3 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:22 PM

gave me chills!
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

I think it could be a reflection, caused by another security cam close by in the security office's console. If you look real closely, you can see people getting on the phantom train.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 March 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

I think it could be a reflection, caused by another security cam close by in the security office's console. If you look real closely, you can see people getting on the phantom train.

That's pooky's family, they are coming over for easter. ^_^
Posted Image

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

I don't think it's a reflection, I think the video camera had a glitch where for a long time there was no movement and the scene became a constant background then a train came through and got added on top like a double exposure. It's like when you watch a video and the frame seems to freeze and then then some parts start to move before others.

That said if you watch the right side, the white square in the almost completely black rectangle, I think that's atleast one real person and it seems like he's calmly waiting for the next train ... so I'm not completely sure about the glitch thang.

That said I don't think it's a real   Soul   Ghost Train Posted Image  ... it's probably a glitch but could easily be faked but regardless it's still really cool :good:
- siguie -

#7 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

There's a shadow on the tracks in front of the train when it stops, but the shadow keeps going.slowly for a few more feet.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

It is very strange and spooky. LOL. Pooky's family are already here Froots ;)
Posted Image

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Oh wow thats really eerie isn't it!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

Yes I think so too :confused0068:
Posted Image

#11 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:19 AM

Was I the only one who was thinking of the ghost train in Ghostbusters 2 when I started watching the video.

I dont think it's a reflection of any type.  I thought about the double exposure scenario...but, that would only be prevalent if they were using a VHS or magnetic tape type media.  Repeated use and overwriting can lead to ghost looking residuals left on the tape that can cause a double exposure type result.  Given today's technology, I would doubt any type of tape is used for security recordings.  That takes us down to very few options...

It is VERY eerie to me!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostLouczar, on 19 March 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Was I the only one who was thinking of the ghost train in Ghostbusters 2 when I started watching the video.

I dont think it's a reflection of any type.  I thought about the double exposure scenario...but, that would only be prevalent if they were using a VHS or magnetic tape type media.  Repeated use and overwriting can lead to ghost looking residuals left on the tape that can cause a double exposure type result.  Given today's technology, I would doubt any type of tape is used for security recordings.  That takes us down to very few options...

It is VERY eerie to me!!!

Oh no it's definitely not tape :no: but you can still get all sorts of scenarios for double exposures with digital media though, especially depending on where this actual video file came from.

If it came directly from a file archiving system then that's the least likely BUT if it came from the monitor feed then the monitor screen buffer/cache may have frozen while the video feed was overlayed creating what we see now. However, in order for that scene/video to be what we are being shown means the controllers/security guards would have to have seen the ghost train and then immediately saved the video to a file. I don't know the background BUT this is my guess as to what happened.

The thing to keep in mind is that the people monitoring video feeds often have many many feeds to keep track of and when something unusual happens on one they can quickly rewind an incident from a feed and view it again because there is generally a few minutes buffer for each monitor, just so they can review what happened. This is all very handy BUT it means glitches from the video display can be saved as part of a video.

FYI: In general security cameras send feed data directly to an archiving device for safe untampered with storage. However that feed is split so people can monitor what is happening live. The reason the monitors keep a buffer is so the videos can be quickly reviewed without accessing the securely stored data. It's this buffered data that I think is being displayed NOT the securely stored data :no:

Now the reason I "think" this is what happened is 1) there is no time stamp ... time stamps just get in the way on monitors and 2) when the train is moving it's easier to see horizontal banding which I believe are something akin to monitor scan lines. Normally these lines wont show on a saved monitor file so either someone took a video of a screen which could explain a 720p video looking like a 240p OR there are two videos superimposed and that file is then saved. If the video cycles are slightly off you can get that kind of banding which is what I think happened here.

Honestly though this is just me guessing and throwing out possibilities for all I know maybe there really is a soul train Posted Image
- siguie -

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic