24 replies to this topic

#1 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

the reason i'm asking for is because me and my boyfriend were watching the messengers tonight, and it made me think back to when i first moved in here...and my last place.

i can still remember my thoughts about both houses. my last place, i hated it upstairs and on the stairs. i just had an awful feeling about it. turns out, it was upstairs that had the most activity.

in this house, i remember i was sweeping the floorboards ready for carpets upstairs and i kept feeling like somebody was watching me from the top of the stairs, and i'd get that seem feeling from the passage at the bottom of the stairs. funnily enough, the stairs is where i get most activity.

soooo...i was just wondering...did you have any strange feelings about a particular room, and to find out at a later date that those feelings were more than just feelings?

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#2 Themata

Themata

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

My dad built the house we moved into so it was a little different for me however where we built at one stage it was a large area full of stables and other farm related things and i do remember getting a few uneasy feelings and since being here i have seen a few things such as  apparitions in the form of arms and legs, scary stuff.

#3 Irish Mutt

Irish Mutt

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, History, and seeking understanding

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

Yes lilclairey,

I have lived in a couple homes that I got that creepy being watched feeling.In two of these locations it was definetly limited to certain areas, where as the rest of the home felt just fine.     J

Thanks to SilentWalker for the great sig

#4 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:16 AM

Years ago my 2nd husband talked me into getting my real estate license.  Being psychic and walking into others homes just doesn't mix.

I would walk into beautiful homes and get that sick feeling or an uneasy feeling.  I  guess my clients could see the look on my face and would ask me what's wrong.  Since I am cursed with brutal honesty I would have to say....it just feels funny or whatever to me and we could turn around and leave.

I don't know how many sales I lost, but I never told people I was psychic back when I was in my early 20s other than my close friends.

Needless to say, I quit the business after about a year.

As a kid, I was scared of my grandmother's bathroom.  She had a huge Victorian home with a front and back staircase.  The family always used the back steps.  When I had to go to the bathroom either my Grams or one of my aunts had to sit on the landing while I went upstairs.  She had a walk-in closet in the bathroom with a curtain hanging over the door.  The toilet was actually in a tiny little room like a closet at the back of the bathroom and you had to walk past that curtain to get to that little room.  I hated it.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#5 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:59 AM

There is nothing worse then having that one particular room or spot that gives you the willies... especially when it is in you own home!  

Years ago... I was dating a guy who lived in a beautiful brownstone in Harlem (NYC).  His bedroom was on the first floor that in the 1800s served as the parlor and usually the room where funerals were held.  Anyway... I hated being in his room... and never stayed in there alone.  Finally I couldn;t take it anymore and happened to mention it to his mother and she revealed that years before they had an older woman staying with them who died in that room!   I KNEW IT!!!  LOL

Champell

#6 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:14 AM

When we were shopping for our first home I turned down about 15 homes because of odd feelings I would get in certain areas...or sometimes the over all house. I actually agreed to buy our house because I had good feelings in every room...especially the basement lol. To this day this is the only house that I have constant peaceful feelings in. I will never move lol.
I'm on Facebook!

#7 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(shonalynn @ Jun 9 2008, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When we were shopping for our first home I turned down about 15 homes because of odd feelings I would get in certain areas...or sometimes the over all house. I actually agreed to buy our house because I had good feelings in every room...especially the basement lol. To this day this is the only house that I have constant peaceful feelings in. I will never move lol.

That is funny because the same thing happened to me!  I have been house hunting for at least two years and turned down countless houses because of the "feeling" that I got from them.  I turned down some pretty sweet foreclosure deals... and no one could understand why!!!  They just felt creepy and wrong.  A few I felt down right dizzy in.  The house that I just purchased feels sooooo peaceful it's almost frightening... like the calm before the storm... but I am trying to think positive!!!  smile.gif

Champell

#8 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

I thought that too Champbell lol. You know when a house is first cleansed it feels so nice......but then the haunting returns worse then before..thats what I thought when I moved into our house, like it's almost toooooo peaceful LOL!  I guess wel'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!
I'm on Facebook!

#9 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

lol i was just saying to my boyfriend last night that i want to go looking for a new house and pick a house with a vibe to it so i can have a haunting again. my ghosties are just visitors and don't hang around for very long anymore. i miss them

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#10 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(shonalynn @ Jun 9 2008, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that too Champbell lol. You know when a house is first cleansed it feels so nice......but then the haunting returns worse then before..thats what I thought when I moved into our house, like it's almost toooooo peaceful LOL!  I guess wel'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!
So wait... it's normal for things to be peacful after a cleansing and then BAM!!!!???  Oh no!  LOL  How long does it usually take for the "cleansing" to wear off?  LOL

I don't know which is worse... living with a haunting or waiting for one to happen????      investigate.gif

Champell

Edited by champell, 09 June 2008 - 09:18 AM.

#11 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

When cleansing a house I've noticed a pattern. The house will be peaceful for a while, times have varied, and then the haunting comes back strong for a period then stops. I dont get it, but I see that all the time, even when researching hauntings. I'm praying its not true! lol
I'm on Facebook!

#12 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Great!  Just great!  

Champell

#13 Kitt13

Kitt13

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal and my kids.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hello, everyone. I just moved into the house I'm living in now and let me tell you, this place is strange. lol I knew the second we stepped in here. Apparently, my landlord's wife died of some kind of cancer here. When I heard this, I decided to bring my camera the next time we came here. I charged it up all night long the night before. We got here and I started taking pictures. Next thing I know the camera battery died. It's never happened before or since then. The second or third night after we moved in, I swear I heard a breathing machine. The next day, my husband found one. We've heard noises, footsteps, small bangs and one big bang with no explanation. The smoke detector went off for no reason with a new battery. Then comes the biggest shocker. The pics. In one picture, it looks like a little dog, like a Yorkie or something. The second pic, it looks like someone is peeking out from behind my chair. Creepy stuff. It's been quiet for a couple weeks now, but we're just waiting. Thanks for listening.
Kitt13

#14 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(Kitt13 @ Jun 17 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, everyone. I just moved into the house I'm living in now and let me tell you, this place is strange. lol I knew the second we stepped in here. Apparently, my landlord's wife died of some kind of cancer here. When I heard this, I decided to bring my camera the next time we came here. I charged it up all night long the night before. We got here and I started taking pictures. Next thing I know the camera battery died. It's never happened before or since then. The second or third night after we moved in, I swear I heard a breathing machine. The next day, my husband found one. We've heard noises, footsteps, small bangs and one big bang with no explanation. The smoke detector went off for no reason with a new battery. Then comes the biggest shocker. The pics. In one picture, it looks like a little dog, like a Yorkie or something. The second pic, it looks like someone is peeking out from behind my chair. Creepy stuff. It's been quiet for a couple weeks now, but we're just waiting. Thanks for listening.

Can we please see the pics????

Champell

#15 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

Yeah...post the pictures!!!!!
I'm on Facebook!

#16 MarcyRocks

MarcyRocks

Apport

• GS Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

It's funny that this topic has come up here, because I've had some issues with this the last couple of days.  I'm trying to ignore it and chalk it up to an overactive imagination (I do have one of those  ashamed0002.gif ).   We built our home and no one else has lived in it but us.  We've been there 5 years now and I've always said there are no ghosts or spirits there.  The last two nights though, I have felt differently.  I go to bed and feel very strongly that there is something watching me.  Last night I was laying on my stomach and felt like something had just walked up next to the bed and was staring down at me.  I have not seen anything, but the feelings really bother me.  I'm hoping it's just a passing spirit or my imagination working overtime again.
I DON'T MAKE MONKEYS, I JUST TRAIN 'EM

#17 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

Energies can be tied to the land too....not just the house.
Did you see that episode of Ghost Hunters where they were investigating the house that the two sisters shared with thier family, and all the activity occured in the basement? It was a very active house apparently, and that was a newly built house.
I'm on Facebook!

#18 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(MarcyRocks @ Jun 19 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny that this topic has come up here, because I've had some issues with this the last couple of days.  I'm trying to ignore it and chalk it up to an overactive imagination (I do have one of those  ashamed0002.gif ).   We built our home and no one else has lived in it but us.  We've been there 5 years now and I've always said there are no ghosts or spirits there.  The last two nights though, I have felt differently.  I go to bed and feel very strongly that there is something watching me.  Last night I was laying on my stomach and felt like something had just walked up next to the bed and was staring down at me.  I have not seen anything, but the feelings really bother me.  I'm hoping it's just a passing spirit or my imagination working overtime again.

could it not be your scary eye avatar that's haunting you?  th_sarcastic_blum.gif

i agree with shona, they are attatched to land or it could be relatives popping in for a visit

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#19 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

I just moved into my apt on Sat, I'm still not unpacked.  Anyway I have no idea if this place is haunted but I get the creepiest feeling in the hallway that leads to the bedrooms.  I don't know how old this house is but we're in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city and there's alot of homes 100 or so years out here.  My apt is the entire top floor of the original house.

The other rooms I feel just fine in, but that hallway just gives me the creeps.  I have been expecting to open my bedroom door one night to go potty and see someone standing in the hallway.  (in which case I will probably potty all over myself).

#20 Stormie

Stormie

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

Oh gosh. I hate how that can ruin an otherwise amazing place.
But then again I guess it's not all that amazing if you don't like being in it,huh?

My ex, he had had an accident which left him with a fairly sweet piece of change. When we got engaged we decided that his apartment would be too cramped for us both so we decided to look for a house.
Well, he had wanted an upstairs. He was absolutely set on it. He had gone out and actually made the deal while I was working as kind of a 'surprise' I guess.It was small, but big enough I guess (two bed/bath)
But it did have an upstairs lol
It was out in the middle of nothing really. The closest neighbors were about 5-10 miles away. That didn't make it aaanyy less creepy *shivers*
Well he picked me up and took me to the house.I hated it.Oooh I hated that house lol. But he loved it and he had gotten a really good deal on it.
We slept in it a few nights later before we had even gotten our stuff in it, because he couldn't wait (well, he slept, I laid awake until morning).
It made me so uncomfortable being in that house. And the thing I hated most about it was the thing he loved most. That darn staircase. I always felt like something was just...watching me. And it was right in front of the front door. You open the door and BAM there it is.
On the nights that he worked, I would sleep in the living room with all the lights and tv on.

So I totally know what you mean. Never buy a house you've never been in
mad0218.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users