• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Paranormal, Antiques, Gardening, Nature, Animals, Mind, Body & Spirit, Hiking, Water, Art...More to be revealed.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

i often wonder why ghosts would choose to live in a abandon house/building...??? Sometimes i am drawn to a empty old house or building feeling that there is activity there... then i wonder why....

any ideas or answers???
IPB Image

it is better to let your experience guide your beliefs, rather than having your beliefs dictate the boundries of your experience

http://www.myspace.com/pharenheit  

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,063 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Free rent      wink.gif
Posted Image

#3 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

LMAO,  free rent :P

technicaly,  a ghost doesnt "live" anywhere.  a ghost exists. often where they once lived, where theyw ere confortable. or where their life was cut short, or sometimes, they just pass through.

no one knows the exact reasons why ghosts are where they are,  but there are many theories.
Posted Image

#4 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Paranormal, Antiques, Gardening, Nature, Animals, Mind, Body & Spirit, Hiking, Water, Art...More to be revealed.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Nov 17 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Free rent      wink.gif

i know .... nothin like having your own space... *giggle*

your funny...  laugh.gif
IPB Image

it is better to let your experience guide your beliefs, rather than having your beliefs dictate the boundries of your experience

#5 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

My theory is that they don't live here. They must live somewhere between here and there. Wherever there is. And what are they?

But the reason we're all here is because we're not all there.

That's my explanation for the where and the why.

Actually, it's my belief that they've simply forgotten how or why to, "Seek the light."

Steve in NM
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.
||||||^
If you're not skeptical, you're in denial.

#6 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Paranormal, Antiques, Gardening, Nature, Animals, Mind, Body &amp; Spirit, Hiking, Water, Art...More to be revealed.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Old Guy @ Nov 19 2008, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My theory is that they don't live here. They must live somewhere between here and there. Wherever there is. And what are they?

But the reason we're all here is because we're not all there.

That's my explanation for the where and the why.

Actually, it's my belief that they've simply forgotten how or why to, "Seek the light."

Steve in NM

funny you say they dont live here... but yet they make their way around and through certain physical objects...and purposely DO things that effect HERE... smile.gif So how could they have forgotten how or why when they are so good at it...???

Also Grey you say they dont live but exist... is not the word life or live a label??? and for the dimension that they live or exist... they seem to have control over planned events... how can anything do that without life???
IPB Image

#7 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(fahrenheit @ Nov 19 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny you say they dont live here... but yet they make their way around and through certain physical objects...and purposely DO things that effect HERE... smile.gif So how could they have forgotten how or why when they are so good at it...???

Well... since I have no proof, data, or clue, I'm really assuming that they can move freely between here and wherever. Witness accounts suggest to me that these "entities" are unrestrained "at home" and can come and go at will. If that makes any sense. OTOH - If, as you've asked, "...they have forgotten how or why when they are so good at it...", might it simply (!) be that they may or may not even be consious of where they are at any given time?

Instead of continuing to babble, let me tell you how your post inspired me. I just completed a prototype... I'll call it a time anomally sensor. Based loosely on this circuit: http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/tsd.htm , it also uses two precision oscillators, the outputs of which are logically ANDed by a microprocessor. My theory behind this is that, with luck, I *might* be able to see a door (portal, or rip/hole/tear in the fabric of space-time :-P) open and close as they pass from here to there. If not... meh. I already had the parts. :-D
||||||^

#8 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

""Also Grey you say they dont live but exist... is not the word life or live a label??? and for the dimension that they live or exist... they seem to have control over planned events... how can anything do that without life???""

its common beliefe that htey were once alive, but are no longer.  we all ahve our beliefes,  and which we study. i believe they are energy signitures. magnetisim can move things without being alive. energy can manipulate things with or without a sence of being. there are also many MANY different types of ghosts and spirits.  from residuals to angels, every one of them their own special anomaly.  some seem to be nothing more than a "ghost"  a residual energy that remains behind before a majore transfer of energy.  others have a sence of being,  making them aware of what they are,  i personaly believe that once you acheive this sence of awarness,  you are no longer an aimless energy signiture, but a spirit.  often with the abilities of variouse ranges to manipulate solid mass (a poltergeist can move objects, but will rarely cause much more than childish mischeif).  then on to far greater things such as angels and demons, spirits with not only a self of being but also a self of their own abilities, the abilities to cause great good or terrible harm in our reality.

and the list goes on and on,  these are the three major ones,  we also have  shadow beasts,  a solid shape with no texture,  shadow beings,  a sence of awarness but the inability to manipulate objects,  residual hauntings that maintain the same activity commonly. wanderers, a phantom that is there, with no sence of direction, but is not always doing the same activity day in andday out (this is actualy the most common haunt)

general physics, energy cannot be destroyed, just changed,  we have energy flowing through us, weather you want to call it our soul or electronic pulsations or whatever,  in any beliefe its pretty well commonly knowledged we have energy or sorts keeping us alive and aware. this energy when our body stops functioning doesnt just stop,  it isnt destroyed, it needs to change.

also, before people start harrasing me about "how can you call them just energy signitures" i dont think they are just energy signitures, i believe they are something beyond natural as well,  but we can pick up your general haunt on a compass, dowsing, spectrometer (i think thats what its called) or even a battery tester.
Posted Image

#9 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(the_gray_jester @ Nov 20 2008, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, before people start harrasing me about "how can you call them just energy signitures" i dont think they are just energy signitures, i believe they are something beyond natural as well,  but we can pick up your general haunt on a compass, dowsing, spectrometer (i think thats what its called) or even a battery tester.

Ah. In principle, I agree with you. We (the living) are little more than bioelectrical entities. Once we pass... well that's the part I'm trying to get my brain and technology around. Does our energy transform, dissipate, or ?

From my limited perspective, the equipment in use today is virtually useless. EVPs prove nothing outside of some form of electrical interference. Same with video "evidence." EMF detectors are great at finding 60Hz line noise. Not much else.

What's this spectrometer? Which spectrum? (RF, audio, visible, ...) What does it (allegedly) do?

Are you suggesting there's something quantifiable about a "general haunt?"

||||||^

#10 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Paranormal, Antiques, Gardening, Nature, Animals, Mind, Body &amp; Spirit, Hiking, Water, Art...More to be revealed.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(Old Guy @ Nov 20 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... since I have no proof, data, or clue, I'm really assuming that they can move freely between here and wherever. Witness accounts suggest to me that these "entities" are unrestrained "at home" and can come and go at will. If that makes any sense. OTOH - If, as you've asked, "...they have forgotten how or why when they are so good at it...", might it simply (!) be that they may or may not even be consious of where they are at any given time?

Instead of continuing to babble, let me tell you how your post inspired me. I just completed a prototype... I'll call it a time anomally sensor. Based loosely on this circuit: http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/tsd.htm , it also uses two precision oscillators, the outputs of which are logically ANDed by a microprocessor. My theory behind this is that, with luck, I *might* be able to see a door (portal, or rip/hole/tear in the fabric of space-time :-P) open and close as they pass from here to there. If not... meh. I already had the parts. :-D

The way technology is heading i would not be surprised if this type of thing does become a break through... we are so *behind the time* smile.gif AWESOME for someday... !!!

i think that what you say about * conscious * of where and how etc.. does indeed vary with awareness of each energy, spirit, soul , or level in which one is... but then again there is that silly life question... i am guessing there are levels of so called life as well..

life may = awareness eh???

IPB Image

#11 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

[
"general physics, energy cannot be destroyed, just changed, we have energy flowing through us, weather you want to call it our soul or electronic pulsations or whatever, in any belief its pretty well commonly knowledged we have energy or sorts keeping us alive and aware. this energy when our body stops functioning doesnt just stop, it isnt destroyed, it needs to change."

i agree with so much you say here Grey...  and i do realize the different types of energy as mentioned above... But with change comes new realization and i would guess it could be pretty shocking to some that are not so aware...thus creating the different levels, dimensions, or types of entities you speak of...

and do those change with good ol time as well??? death so to speak over and over taking each further and further into changing energy...???

very interested in how you think !!

IPB Image

#12 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:51 AM

What looks to YOU as an abandoned house in the Spirit World may appear as it once was when it was built.  It depends on who is looking at it.

I think of it as a rain forest.  A house can have many layers, but it is still one house.

A rain forest is one rain forest, but it has many layers where different creatures live.  I don't claim to know exactly what lives where, but I believe you have the creepy crawlies like the bugs, snakes, etc. on the bottom layer.  As you move up you have the monkeys and sloths and what have you, and then you have the top canopy where the birds live.  They live in layers, but they still all live together.  Somewhere I think I heard that some of the animals that live in the trees never touch the ground ever.  They live on their own level within the trees.  So to me, it would make sense that ghosts/spirits can and do exist within their own time and space on their own vibrational level of existance.

I think we exist on different vibrational levels, so I think ghosts can exist or visit or "live" in their own level of existance within a structure that you or I cannot see or knows exisit (except I can see them!  Picture 541.gif

You may be able to sense their energy or be drawn to a particular building because you are sensitive.  Just because we don't see something doesn't mean it's not there.  I

So I think that houses, land or whatever is layered with spiritual planes that ghosts/spirits exist on.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#13 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Amethyst @ Nov 21 2008, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(except I can see them!  Picture 541.gif

*THAT* got my attention!

Consistently? Anyone else?

Might you be interested in helping out an old curmudgeon with the judicious application of a bit of technology?

Edited by Old Guy, 21 November 2008 - 10:06 AM.

||||||^

#14 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

i like the idea that they SEE things in a different perspective...that makes sense to me then as to why they would choose to be in a old abandoned place...Perhaps its not a matter of seeing but creating??? And perhaps that not ALL entities want to inhabit where humans are... individuality amongst the layers/dimensions...
IPB Image

#15 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

""Perhaps its not a matter of seeing but creating??? ""

thats always been one of my theories.  but in a different sence,  often what we see and hear isnt what it seems to be.  in a sence of nervousness,  high alert,  our mind will regester any site or sound as something that is is not,  if you beleive it is haunted, any variation of the norm will be a ghost.  though in nature its just a sound.  or your eyes adjusting to the slightest variation of light.  its a double edged blade that saying
"just because you cannot see it doesnt mean it isnt there"
but just because you see it doesnt mean it is.  ive seen numerouse things im my studies, from orbs to full bodied spirits chassing us down a road. im not sensitive, but ive seen my share of spooks and bogarts.
you dont need to be special to see a ghost or a spirit,  you can feel them enter a room,  sometimes its like someone turned on a power generator,  the room gets a charge to it.  

there is this theory about technology,  one that has been a little worrysome,  but interesting as well,  alot of people,  researchers and regulars, have noticed that paranormal happenings have been on a decline in the passed number of years.  i dont realy have an opinion on it because i dont know enough about it but i thought id share it with you because its itneresting.  apparently the decresse in paranormal activity is equivlent to the increase of cell phone usage and coverage, t he theory being that the wavelenghts a spook puts out is a similar contrast to the waves of a cell.  i knew cellphones we dangerouse to our health, but to our death too?  scary thoughts

Posted Image

#16 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:03 AM

Sometimes they are attracted by the presence of people in a previously empty house.  Renovation and construction seem to particularly set them off.

#17 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

I have always thought that even though we see an old house/building falling in on it own shambles that the reason for the hauntings was that ghosts see things the way they once were. That always helped me understand that such ghosts as in the ones in Gettysburg are often seen still fighting from one side when the other side isn't even there. That's just my opinion though.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#18 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Shawn4233 @ Dec 1 2008, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have always thought that even though we see an old house/building falling in on it own shambles that the reason for the hauntings was that ghosts see things the way they once were. That always helped me understand that such ghosts as in the ones in Gettysburg are often seen still fighting from one side when the other side isn't even there. That's just my opinion though.

i have always considered this residual... just repeated energy... not really ghost activity...  but hey ANYTHING is a possibility...for sure ... well we know 2 things ... death and taxes... Har...

more to be revealed ... *giggle*
IPB Image

#19 Old Guy

Old Guy

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

This subject is hurting my brain.  wallbash.gif  Thanks, fahrenheit.  wink.gif

Spacetime, anyone?

Google "time shift" when you've got days/weeks to spare. If we could see a spacetime anomaly, what would it look like? If a ghost/spirit opened a door in the spacetime continuum and stepped through, how would we detect it?

I whittled out a "system." It consists of two pocket-sized boxes. Each contains a 9V battery, a microprocessor (uP), and a precision crystal oscillator (clock) circuit. Also, one contains a tiny radio transmitter, the other holds a tiny radio receiver.

(underlines indicate subject to change)
My theory is this: I'll call the first box TX. TX has a free-running 16Mhz oscillator. The uP "watches" the clock oscillate at 16MHz and, assuming there are no anomalous events, encodes and sends the clock rate to the other unit (RX) at 2400 baud. Some distance away, RX receives the signal and compares its own internal 16MHz clock rate to that sent by TX. If the two values agree, all is good and the uP lights a green LED. HOWEVER, if one or the other clock rate is off by a significant amount, "in theory" that means that there's something goofy with the fabric of spacetime and the uP will start blinking LEDs like there's no tomorrow (Heaven forbid that that's actually the case.).

Now I need a location to test it. I suspect it will respond in some agreement with an EMF detector. (?)

Thoughts, comments, criticisms? Be nice and I'll tell you about detecting infrasound.

===============================================================
Random notes and search terms:

http://www.iprfinc.com/brian21.html

time shift
time shift detector
time distortion detector
Time Variance Gravitational Wave Detector
Gravity wave

spacetime
spacetime continuum
space-time vortex
Fabric of Space Time

infrasound
infrasonics
http://www.newenglandghosts.com/what%20are%20ghosts.htm

Vic Tandy

Acoustic-Gravity waves
atmospheric infrasound

=================

big bang
spacetime
gravity
quantum gravity
gravitation
gravitational wave
scalar gravity
electromagnetic field tensor

============================
ghost
Ghost (disambiguation)
paranormal phenomenon
paranormal

http://superstringtheory.com/basics/basic5a.html
Adding fermions to string theory introduces a new set of negative norm states or ghosts, to add to the ghost states that come from the bosonic sector described on the previous page. String theorists learned that all of these bad ghost states decouple from the spectrum when two conditions are satisfied: the number of spacetime dimensions is 10, and theory is supersymmetric, so that there are equal numbers of bosons and fermions in the spectrum.

||||||^

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostAmethyst, on 21 November 2008 - 06:51 AM, said:

What looks to YOU as an abandoned house in the Spirit World may appear as it once was when it was built.  It depends on who is looking at it.

I think of it as a rain forest.  A house can have many layers, but it is still one house.

A rain forest is one rain forest, but it has many layers where different creatures live.  I don't claim to know exactly what lives where, but I believe you have the creepy crawlies like the bugs, snakes, etc. on the bottom layer.  As you move up you have the monkeys and sloths and what have you, and then you have the top canopy where the birds live.  They live in layers, but they still all live together.  Somewhere I think I heard that some of the animals that live in the trees never touch the ground ever.  They live on their own level within the trees.  So to me, it would make sense that ghosts/spirits can and do exist within their own time and space on their own vibrational level of existance.

I think we exist on different vibrational levels, so I think ghosts can exist or visit or "live" in their own level of existance within a structure that you or I cannot see or knows exisit (except I can see them!)  Posted Image

You may be able to sense their energy or be drawn to a particular building because you are sensitive.  Just because we don't see something doesn't mean it's not there.  I

So I think that houses, land or whatever is layered with spiritual planes that ghosts/spirits exist on.

Amethyst

I love this analogy
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter