Santa Sleigh       santa

Are Graveyards A Good Location To Investigate?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:56 AM

Without going into detail, do you feels cemeteries/graveyards or for that matter ruins offer a viable location for investigation and if so why? I will share my sentiments further down after further member interaction.

Additional questions to add if you would like to include.

1.) If you encounter phenomena what theories do you feel source the phenomena?
2.) Do weather conditions affect the way you investigate?
3.) Do you find any phenomena more prevalent in these locations?
4.) That's enough questions for now :)

Love to hear your thoughts and considerations.

Edited by EVP, 29 October 2018 - 04:58 AM.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,063 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

1. Since you're usually outside, some perceived phenomena could be from passing cars, people, animals and insects

2. Well, being out in the rain sucks! But practically speaking, things like wind and rain can definitely affect things. Any audio will have contamination, and video will have the same with rain etc getting blown around.

3. I haven't, it doesn't make sense to me that a dead person would want to hang around their rotting body. But a team member did get some relatively impressive EVPS in the same graveyard most of us got nothing in
Posted Image

#3 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

For me it has not made any difference. I still get zilch

When I do a session,
I run a voice recorder that is my main EVP recorder
I run a voice recorder quite a few metres away (approx 30m) that I use to record the ambient noise and use it as a control
I also run a Full spectrum camera with separate IR to reduce dust orbs within the focal plane.

Only the other day, I was at my Dad's plot doing a session on his wedding anniversary. I was with my son and his partner who decided to join me. At one point I am asking my Dad if he has found Frank (who is buried 2 plots away and lived in the same road as my dad for 50 years and spent 15 years also working with him).
Upon review at home I hear myself ask "Have you seen frank" and then heard a reply saying "Frankie Boy". Now this was Frank's nickname. I thought I had finally got an EVP, but upon review on my control recorder I also hear the same thing which to me lowers the probability but it was only when I reviewed the video footage I see my son turn to his partner and say "Frankie Boy". So it was not an EVP but having additional recorders makes sense.

I would love EVP to be a true phenomenon but still in my eyes I have not had one or been with someone who had it happen.

I do feel graveyards would be a place to get some actiuvity but they are probably just the same as houses or buildings etc.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

I avoid cemeteries if I can possibly avoid it. I don't even like looking into them. There are usually spirits and I don't want to bring them home with me by giving them attention.

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostVlawde, on 29 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

1. Since you're usually outside, some perceived phenomena could be from passing cars, people, animals and insects

2. Well, being out in the rain sucks! But practically speaking, things like wind and rain can definitely affect things. Any audio will have contamination, and video will have the same with rain etc getting blown around.

3. I haven't, it doesn't make sense to me that a dead person would want to hang around their rotting body. But a team member did get some relatively impressive EVPS in the same graveyard most of us got nothing in

Appreciate you taking the time to reply Vlawde. I happen to agree with; weather can affect how we should view our recordings (audio/video/stills) and there must be some type of process of elimination if at all possible when we have these conditions posed to us. Summed up, we need to implement a control system as we would in any situation just a little different.

I partially agree with you in regards to what can be expected to be recorded in a graveyard/cemetery. Personally I believes there's a strong possibility that it originates from the ones that are grieving. I have recorded a few snippets pointing to that possibility. Fact is, the pioneers after extensive study suggested the recordings could be rooted to multiple possibilities such as imprints from the living, the deceased, dimensional creatures or aliens. There isn't enough proof in specific origins.

On the other hand I'm a firm believer that some snippets could be from the deceased in graveyards. In my study, I haven't recorded what sounded like the same voice twice. I believe activity could be transient in nature and not necessarily forced to be imprisoned to one particular place. There are exceptions naturally.

Edited by EVP, 31 October 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 30 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

For me it has not made any difference. I still get zilch

When I do a session,
I run a voice recorder that is my main EVP recorder
I run a voice recorder quite a few metres away (approx 30m) that I use to record the ambient noise and use it as a control
I also run a Full spectrum camera with separate IR to reduce dust orbs within the focal plane.

Only the other day, I was at my Dad's plot doing a session on his wedding anniversary. I was with my son and his partner who decided to join me. At one point I am asking my Dad if he has found Frank (who is buried 2 plots away and lived in the same road as my dad for 50 years and spent 15 years also working with him).
Upon review at home I hear myself ask "Have you seen frank" and then heard a reply saying "Frankie Boy". Now this was Frank's nickname. I thought I had finally got an EVP, but upon review on my control recorder I also hear the same thing which to me lowers the probability but it was only when I reviewed the video footage I see my son turn to his partner and say "Frankie Boy". So it was not an EVP but having additional recorders makes sense.

I would love EVP to be a true phenomenon but still in my eyes I have not had one or been with someone who had it happen.

I do feel graveyards would be a place to get some actiuvity but they are probably just the same as houses or buildings etc.

Sean, I really respect how much you value a control system and strive to use multiple recorders as a control method. I do feel for you. You have been very patient and to date haven't recorded anything. You intent is the same as once was mine. You are looking for validation for your own self. When I first started out, I was definitely skeptical in the existence. My real moment came many years later when I heard my first and last name called out and physically recorded it. It was then I realized, it wasn't simply a bleed through from uhf/vhf, CB radio, television transmissions, cellphone bleed through etc. That moment was personal and it was heard real-time while monitoring. Prior to that I received recorded snippets but not anything that couldn't be claimed with a mundane cause. Only a couple of times I received brief and borderline cryptic answers to questions.

I know this may not be the answer but you are best to procedural change the way you record and possibily use a different recorder. I'll be honest, my two Zooms have recorded virtually nothing. On the other hand, using my Marantz cassette recorders (PMD430/PMD222) with dynamic and condenser microphones have reaped much higher success. Please be patient as you have.

Your journey

Edited by EVP, 31 October 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#7 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 30 October 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I avoid cemeteries if I can possibly avoid it. I don't even like looking into them. There are usually spirits and I don't want to bring them home with me by giving them attention.

That's definitely a popular theory. Guess I have been lucky in my decade plus of investigating but I mostly investigated historical buildings now. Mind you, one of the guys I first investigated with would weekly make the graveyard rounds. Our database suggested we investigated over 300 cemeteries in the first year. thanks for your input moiraesfate!

Edited by EVP, 31 October 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,063 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostEVP, on 31 October 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

I partially agree with you in regards to what can be expected to be recorded in a graveyard/cemetery. Personally I believes there's a strong possibility that it originates from the ones that are grieving. I have recorded a few snippets pointing to that possibility. Fact is, the pioneers after extensive study suggested the recordings could be rooted to multiple possibilities such as imprints from the living, the deceased, dimensional creatures or aliens. There isn't enough proof in specific origins.

I've always felt it possible that the paranormal, 'aliens', dimensional creatures etc are the same phenomena. I could go on but don't have time to write a book! ;)
Posted Image

#9 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

I have several hours of EVP sessions we have conducted in cemeteries... I only will do this with one other person in good weather with no one else in the cemetery.  We have gotten interesting responses.  I've recorded some saying...  "You don't belong here...", "Leave us alone..." "Who's that?".  I once told Anna that she had a nice headstone.  I recorded a woman's voice saying "Thank you".   Some are funny or witty.  I asked what is your name?  "Hitler! w/ German accent" and at the same time another saying, "A Name".   My friend asked at a grave of a 110 year old man... tell us the secret to a long life?  The response was "Don't die...".   I am not really sure who or what we are contacting but there is definitely something or someones at the cemetery.

#10 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostParanormalEmpath, on 31 October 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

My friend asked at a grave of a 110 year old man... tell us the secret to a long life?  The response was "Don't die...".

Thanks for this epic share ParanormalEmpath. I laughed pretty hard when I read the response. Good to see they have humor on the other side. I've yet to have a reaction out there quite like that!