• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Natalie Zaman is a witch and I was listening to her today while watching the news.  I have a fondness for witches.  Especially those who practice on their own...a Green Witch...I think that is what they are called.  They share their magic if you pay attention.

Mistress Zaman was speaking of magical places and how you could easily miss them if you weren't paying attention.  That got me thinking...have I ever been to a place that could be considered magical?

Yeah.  In the Upper Peninsula there is an old growth forest.  I was mesmerized by it.  It looked ancient, it was oppressing yet beautiful.  When I walk through it....it was spooky.  That was a very magical place.

Anyone else stumbled into a magical place?

#2 Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

What I find truly Magical is not a place but I would like to share. The Northern Lights in Iceland which is the only place I have ever seen them are to me very Magical and beyond words.

#3 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

Good morning, Kristin.

Thank you for responding.  From what I've read, Iceland is the number one spot from which to view the Aurora.   It must have been amazing.  What took you to Iceland?  (I'm so glad you're here)

On a side note, I witnessed the Northern Lights only once in my hometown.  They were so prominent in the night sky within the city that I had to call my dad to take a look out his bedroom window.  It was like after midnight.  lol.  There were no colors but the entire night sky was shimmering.  Some people have no appreciation for the natural world.  It has its own magic.

#4 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Interests:Audio & Digital Still Creation

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

A magical place can be found just about anywhere if you have the vision to see it. That comes from a photographer's POV who is passionate.
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

Personally, EVP, I think that was a good response.   But I'm not a photographer.   I've got to get that camera out and take a closer look.

I got to thinking about it after I posted this.  When I was younger and able to haul a canoe out of the back of a truck, there's a stretch on the Shiawassee River that is quiet.  Pooled for reflection.  One could almost hear the Native American drums in the distance and know what it was to travel the river hundreds of years ago.   Like magic.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com