Ghost In My Jeep?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, outdoors, paranormal stuff and unsolved mysteries.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

I should probably give this a rest but...

When you adjust the contrast on the picture, the speaker is a lot more evident. Also, you can really see the other side of the face better too...the cheekbone structure on the left side of the face and the darker eye socket area where the other eye would be. It all seems anatomically correct to me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Runewolf1973, 08 December 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#62 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Ahh ... but when you do that I see what looks like a copy of the "nose" up in the dark area just over the center of the head. And maybe another face around it. I think we are digging a bit too deep and are starting to create some pareidolia as a result. We might be at the limit of what we can do with this image.

#63 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I outlined the area here.

Posted Image

#64 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 08 December 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Ahh ... but when you do that I see what looks like a copy of the "nose" up in the dark area just over the center of the head. And maybe another face around it. I think we are digging a bit too deep and are starting to create some pareidolia as a result. We might be at the limit of what we can do with this image.

I'm not really seeing what you mean, but I do agree that we might be at the limit of what this picture can offer us. The rest is really up to individual belief or opinion. I think I've offered a fairly strong case in defence of this picture, but I really can't say whether it is paranormal or not. It certainly looks paranormal, but that's not evidence.

#65 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 08 December 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

I outlined the area here.

Posted Image

It just doesn't look like any part of the face to me. Perhaps it's the pareidolia in you trying to make a nose out of it? LOL

I'm just kidding, BTW.

Now that you pointed that out, it almost looks like a part of a hat or something...a headdress perhaps?

#66 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 08 December 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

...  I'm not really seeing what you mean ...

Does this help any? I put an outlined copy next to it. The nose has a white point at the tip, similar to, but not quite the same as, the skull face. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I think we agree that this is going to far with it, and it should just stand ( or fall ) on what has gone before.

Posted Image

#67 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 08 December 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I think we agree that this is going to far with it, and it should just stand ( or fall ) on what has gone before.

I agree. If you are okay with it, I think I will just call this one an undetermined anomaly.

---

Man I have a real bad habit of continuously editing my posts. LOL :whistling:

Edited by Runewolf1973, 08 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#68 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostRunewolf1973, on 08 December 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

... I agree. If you are okay with it, I think I will just call this one an undetermined anomaly ...

That sounds good ... but now you have to go out and get another picture so I'll have something to do with my spare time.  :)

#69 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:39 AM

Thanks Runewolf... As you mentioned, you presented a strong case for this picture. And you didn't give in, I respect that!
I like the photo capture and I now feel a need to do my own study of this particular photo!
PM me if you check back in.  B)

#70 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:03 AM

First is the original... then the enhanced version... lastly a closeup. I'll have to go back in the thread to find out what the anomaly
on the drivers side is and the little thing popping up in the middle. But to me, the face is rather convincing. And it does appear to
take on the appearance of a skull (perhaps), at least in the enhanced version.

Posted Image

Enhanced version
Posted Image

Posted Image

The figure might be wearing a hat or hoodie. And the left eye (our right) is shaded,
thus decreasing detail on that side of the face.

#71 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

Here's an even larger version of the face

Posted Image
Note the Iris / pupil

#72 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

Have just finished reading up on what we have seen so far. I'm afraid as far as I can tell this 'skull face' is completely disproportioned, has highlights where the nasal cavity should be and the jaw area isn't anything like an actual skull (it widens where it should be concave and the 'teeth' are aligned horizontally side-by-side when they should be aligned in a sharp curve). The whole skull face is more like a zombie drawing from a comic book, which leads me to say that this very very likely to be nothing more than a pretty cool case of pareidolia. Great image, thanks for sharing!

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#73 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

Well, I think I'll go ahead and post the photo in the gallery this month.
I'll leave a link to the Forums so that the viewers can come here and study through this thread as well, if they wish.

#74 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

I'm sorry Lord_tea... I wasn't paying attention to your comments when I added my last post. You could be right about the anatomy of the head and I thought about that as well... but how often do ghosts show up completely proportionate? ...it's rare.  When that happens we usually call it a ghost app.

Could it be Pareidolia (illusion)? ...yes, I agree, we certainly can't rule it out.