• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:40 AM

Thoughts of mortality have been very present these last few days since my father has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. The clock is now ticking and emotions are high..

Trying to get to terms with this I having been thinking about what will happen eventually and wondered if their is some sort of life after death (seeing I am still sceptical) then over the next few months I could discuss some things with my Dad and help him through this testing time.

The thing is I could show him the little Arduino project I am working on and tell him how it works, what is measures and hope that after the fateful day happens and IF there is something then hope I could get him to interact with my project in the weeks,months after and even maybe some EVP's.

Has anyone here done anything similar with a loved one they have lost.?
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

I'm sorry your dad is sick. Be careful bringing this up with your dad, some people do not like to think about death, and I imagine he is pretty scared.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'm very sorry to hear your dad has cancer. Just remember that cancer treatments have vastly improved and there is a good chance of survival. I lost my mum to lung cancer in 2003. It happened rather quickly too, from diagnosis to losing her. We realized what it was too late to do anything about it.

I could have sworn my mum came to me after I was hit by a car in 2004. I almost died, and I could have sworn she was holding my hand. Later I learned that it was actually a dark haired lady who worked at the 7/11 near where I got hit. I saw her (the lady from the 7/11) many times after that. Before I moved to the US, I stopped by to tell her I was leaving, to thank her for saving my life, and I gave her a hug. If not for her, I probably wouldn't be here writing this.

I did see my cousins after they died. Robin came to tell me she loves me and Shane was standing next to her when it happened. I knew when they finally left, she came to say goodbye in a dream.

I'm going to be honest, there is no way you can guarantee he will interact with you after death. Or that its even him if something does happen.

#4 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for your kind words,

There is 0% chance of survival. He has Mesothelioma so treatment will just prolong his life a little but will get more info when he goes to the Oncology clinic Wednesday.

Mesothelioma is caused by breathing in asbestos fibres sometime ago (30-50 years ago).

There is also a chance he might have some other type of cancer, but we don't know that yet. They did a full body scan (when looking at his lungs) and can see something in his colon, so he is going for a endoscope session a week on Monday.

We are all scared (I have cried several times knowing) but he wants everyone to laugh, joke and most importantly talk about it and plan lots of stuff whilst he is still with us.

This is all I can type now as I am getting worked up again.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#5 Arinomg

Arinomg

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi.. maybe i can explain you what happen afterlife but this is very sensitive. I lost my father because accident and that was my sad moment. Hope you enjoy your quality time with your family. SIncerely

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:40 AM

Sorry to hear your Dad is sick. Prayers.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 17 April 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

Sorry to hear your Dad is sick. Prayers.
Thanks

I was a little bit of good news from the oncology visit but only time will tell.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#8 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 16 April 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Thoughts of mortality have been very present these last few days since my father has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. The clock is now ticking and emotions are high..

Trying to get to terms with this I having been thinking about what will happen eventually and wondered if their is some sort of life after death (seeing I am still sceptical) then over the next few months I could discuss some things with my Dad and help him through this testing time.

The thing is I could show him the little Arduino project I am working on and tell him how it works, what is measures and hope that after the fateful day happens and IF there is something then hope I could get him to interact with my project in the weeks,months after and even maybe some EVP's.

Has anyone here done anything similar with a loved one they have lost.?

I am very sorry to hear that your father is ill with Cancer. You, your father and your family will be in my prayers, Cap.

#9 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Did you find out any more information?
I so completely understand. There really isn't words for it other than to say I know how you feel, I really do. It's so incredibly painful, especially watching the slow degeneration. Spend as much time together as you can, make sure he knows you love him, and remember.

When mum finally passed, I was incredibly upset and felt a little lost, but I also realized something else. She was no longer in pain. The slow degeneration was the worst thing that could happen to her for her. There are worse things than death.

You will always miss him no matter how much time has passed. But eventually you will move on. Just know you aren't alone, and our thoughts are with you.

Edited by moiraesfate, 23 April 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#10 Kaida

Kaida

Apport

• GS Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I'm very sorry that your father is ill, Capt-Zeanie.  My prayers to him, you, and your famiily.

#11 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Thanks all for the kind words.

My dad had his first session of radio therapy, he was quite apprehensive but it was quick and simple in the end ie walking, top off,lie down, machine aimed and 10 mins later all finished, got up and went shopping. He now has to go every day for 6 weeks
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

That was a bit like my radiation back in 2013. I went 5 days per week for 7 weeks. The hardest thing for me was to tell my children, I had cancer. I believe there is a life after death but I was more concerned how my children would feel than actually what death had waiting. The only thing we all know is that, we will all die eventually but it is how we live our lives that make the difference. I also believe we are our loved one's heaven and we are able to catch messages from them, we just have to be prepared to believe and not dismiss them as coincidences.

I wish you and your family peace and strength
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

Thanks, It must of been hard for you to tell them. I hope you have made a full recovery.

I am not speaking to my dad about the paranormal stuff now, as I am now trying to be very positive.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

Yes, it was very hard to tell my children. I didn't want to tell them over the phone they live 4 and 5 hours away, but once it was said, it was like a huge weight off my shoulder. I have made a full recovery just have to undergo check-ups every 3 months now.  

Yes, best to stay positive and just take one day at a time. Try to make some time for yourself too the next 6 weeks will be taxing on you all. The good thing is there is also life after cancer and while Drs know a lot they don't know it all. Best of luck to you all and you are in my thoughts.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users