Why Doesn't The Paranormal Communicate In A Direct Way?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 13 November 2022 - 02:23 PM

Posted Image

Paranormal activity is often associated with cold spots, flickering lights or doors mysteriously opening or shutting by themselves. Paranormal investigators seek out EMF fluctuations or observe the surrounding area with infra-red cameras in hopes of elusive specters in the dark.

The majority of equipment used to detect activity has been adapted with a completely different purpose. Popular theory suggests paranormal actity is manifestations of energy and great sums of energy are required to even us notice their presence.

Why is it the other side chooses to try to communicate in such an awkward way?

All comments are welcome.
Posted Image

#2 Guardian

Guardian

• 219 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 13 November 2022 - 03:51 PM

I have always theorized that the being has to use so much energy to communicate that it is nearly drained afterwards.  For example, when I am working 80 hours, plus have projects at the daycare I oversee, plus have personal things to do, it takes all of my energy to get those things done. My energy level outside of those things is drained to almost none.  I feel that it is the same thing for the spirits.
Resident skeptic. Deal with it.

#3 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 04:12 PM

View PostGuardian, on 13 November 2022 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have always theorized that the being has to use so much energy to communicate that it is nearly drained afterwards.  For example, when I am working 80 hours, plus have projects at the daycare I oversee, plus have personal things to do, it takes all of my energy to get those things done. My energy level outside of those things is drained to almost none.  I feel that it is the same thing for the spirits.

That's a good analogy regarding the energy drain and may hold part of the secret why. I'm still hoping to figure out why there aren't other options in communicating with us. Thanks for your input Guardian.

Edited by EVP, 13 November 2022 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 08:22 PM

View PostEVP, on 13 November 2022 - 02:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Paranormal activity is often associated with cold spots, flickering lights or doors mysteriously opening or shutting by themselves. Paranormal investigators seek out EMF fluctuations or observe the surrounding area with infra-red cameras in hopes of elusive specters in the dark.

The majority of equipment used to detect activity has been adapted with a completely different purpose. Popular theory suggests paranormal actity is manifestations of energy and great sums of energy are required to even us notice their presence.

Why is it the other side chooses to try to communicate in such an awkward way?

All comments are welcome.

That's a very good question. My theory is that it's because we are in and of the Physical Realm.
Spirits, ghosts and Angels exist on the Astral Plane. That is why it is so difficult but not impossible to communicate
back and forth. The best way I've heard it explained is this way:

"The mere existence of ghost stories, of true tales of the Supernatural, is evidence of belief by some individuals that a level of being other than our own may occupy some fragment of Space or Time, and that on rare occasions, those who live, work and play in the Physical World, may brush up against this other Universe, if only for a moment.
When the two worlds collide, when Matter beholds Non-Matter, we see beyond ourselves
....and into the Void."

-Michael Norman and Beth Scott

#5 kevinscan

kevinscan

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 13 November 2022 - 11:54 PM

If they are an energy, that would explain the way they just fade out.
Posted Image

"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Charles Addams

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 06:51 AM

The ones I have heard have spoken clearly, as if someone had spoken into my ear and then there are the few I have seen. They are mostly at my house for example in the form of a child sitting at the far end of dining table, the shadow of someone walk outside past the lounge room window  or orbs flying around the house.

I also know of other people who have seen and spoken with spirit as they would a living person, one was a work colleague Jackie, she saw my mother after she passed, she had come to be with me when I heard of her death.  Jackie told me she first saw this woman standing behind me in recovery and she was about to come over to see why someone, who wasn't a patient, was standing in recovery. My mother turned to Jackie saying she was my mother! Jackie straight away thought to herself this isn't going to end well; she knew my mother had been alive!  And unfortunately it didn't :heart: The thing was my mother was at another hospital 4 hours away and there had been a medical error that claimed her life from a local but invasive procedure!

At the time I didn't even know Jackie had any abilities to see deceased people. Jackie was literally haunted for days by my mother to give me a message and wouldn't stop talking to her until she gave me the message. When I finally got my message Jackie was a shaking mess! Jackie didn't know how receptive I would be, she was worried I might not believe her, although, my mother told her I would be! She describe my mother to me, she told me my mother had black hair! My mother had blonde hair and I most likely wouldn't of believe but that morning my mother had visited me in my dreams and she had black hair!

I think the only strange thing, or at least for me, I can't do any of this on demand but I know of many who can and jackie is just one.  

Great topic EVP!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 14 November 2022 - 01:57 PM

I love all the above reponses. I liked many of them with likes. :good:
For me its the jump scare I have not gotten used to after 40 years. I just dont like those. I like to set rules if you going to show up partial or full apparition please do it slowly or give me notice. Not just poof into exsistence.
The random speaking clearly I'm fine with. And Ive gotten some dark and some human spirits (or Fae) for that. Or guides. My ears cant seem to pick up on divine stuff. It makes me super nacious. I dont handle light energies well. I get very ill. Either hearing them or being around them if they are close via the alt realms.
Ive never had the goosebumps feeling with spirits or anything near me. Or ever felt cold spots. My body picks up on more energy signatures or vibrational frequency. I call it my tuning static radio its similar to what it sounds like before its clear at times in some situations. And in others just as if someone was having a same realm conversation with me.

Edited by Gothickangel, 14 November 2022 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

A Journey into Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

#8 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 07:41 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 13 November 2022 - 08:22 PM, said:

That's a very good question. My theory is that it's because we are in and of the Physical Realm.
Spirits, ghosts and Angels exist on the Astral Plane. That is why it is so difficult but not impossible to communicate
back and forth. The best way I've heard it explained is this way:

"The mere existence of ghost stories, of true tales of the Supernatural, is evidence of belief by some individuals that a level of being other than our own may occupy some fragment of Space or Time, and that on rare occasions, those who live, work and play in the Physical World, may brush up against this other Universe, if only for a moment.
When the two worlds collide, when Matter beholds Non-Matter, we see beyond ourselves
....and into the Void."

-Michael Norman and Beth Scott

Your explanation & quote defines a spiritual understanding many ascribe to including myself. Your words speak volume and I commend your well thought out reply. Thank you for sharing this Captain.

Edited by EVP, 14 November 2022 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image

#9 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 07:47 PM

View Postkevinscan, on 13 November 2022 - 11:54 PM, said:

If they are an energy, that would explain the way they just fade out.

You might be correct Kevin. Humans tend to find complicated journeys for answers when maybe something simple and direct is the better choice.
Posted Image

#10 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:31 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 November 2022 - 06:51 AM, said:

The ones I have heard have spoken clearly, as if someone had spoken into my ear and then there are the few I have seen. They are mostly at my house for example in the form of a child sitting at the far end of dining table, the shadow of someone walk outside past the lounge room window  or orbs flying around the house.

I also know of other people who have seen and spoken with spirit as they would a living person, one was a work colleague Jackie, she saw my mother after she passed, she had come to be with me when I heard of her death.  Jackie told me she first saw this woman standing behind me in recovery and she was about to come over to see why someone, who wasn't a patient, was standing in recovery. My mother turned to Jackie saying she was my mother! Jackie straight away thought to herself this isn't going to end well; she knew my mother had been alive!  And unfortunately it didn't :heart: The thing was my mother was at another hospital 4 hours away and there had been a medical error that claimed her life from a local but invasive procedure!

At the time I didn't even know Jackie had any abilities to see deceased people. Jackie was literally haunted for days by my mother to give me a message and wouldn't stop talking to her until she gave me the message. When I finally got my message Jackie was a shaking mess! Jackie didn't know how receptive I would be, she was worried I might not believe her, although, my mother told her I would be! She describe my mother to me, she told me my mother had black hair! My mother had blonde hair and I most likely wouldn't of believe but that morning my mother had visited me in my dreams and she had black hair!

I think the only strange thing, or at least for me, I can't do any of this on demand but I know of many who can and jackie is just one.  

Great topic EVP!

As usual Klainey, your spiritual encounters reinforce your growth with the otherworldly. This is a great story. Some people are blessed or cursed with spiritual encounters. At a younger age, I was more receptive but now few come my way. I think critical thinking and empirical methodologies reduce your experiences.
Posted Image

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:58 PM

I was once told children are very receptive at a young age and it appears to deplete around school age, once they start to learn 1+1 = 2. So yes I think critical thinking instead of taking things at face value might have something to do with it. Although I think both are important :yes:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:01 PM

View PostGothickangel, on 14 November 2022 - 01:57 PM, said:

I love all the above reponses. I liked many of them with likes. :good:
For me its the jump scare I have not gotten used to after 40 years. I just dont like those. I like to set rules if you going to show up partial or full apparition please do it slowly or give me notice. Not just poof into exsistence.
The random speaking clearly I'm fine with. And Ive gotten some dark and some human spirits (or Fae) for that. Or guides. My ears cant seem to pick up on divine stuff. It makes me super nacious. I dont handle light energies well. I get very ill. Either hearing them or being around them if they are close via the alt realms.
Ive never had the goosebumps feeling with spirits or anything near me. Or ever felt cold spots. My body picks up on more energy signatures or vibrational frequency. I call it my tuning static radio its similar to what it sounds like before its clear at times in some situations. And in others just as if someone was having a same realm conversation with me.

It only makes sense to set guidelines if the other side decides to show up unexpectedly especially if its on a frequent basis. Maybe I'm just skeptical, but the cold spot theory I've mostly contributed to sensory depravation. During our investigations, we always chose to partake in dark vigils. We would just sit quietly and just wait and see often meditating to try to open ourselves up. To properly monitor the "cold spot theory" you'd need a large grid of sensors to track if there was movement. Unfortunately, that was out of our budget and we never really could explore the elusive cold spot theory. Thanks for your addition GothickAngel
Posted Image

#13 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:20 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 November 2022 - 08:58 PM, said:

I was once told children are very receptive at a young age and it appears to deplete around school age, once they start to learn 1+1 = 2. So yes I think critical thinking instead of taking things at face value might have something to do with it. Although I think both are important :yes:

I've heard the same Klainey. I also think establishing routines can reduce or nullify the experiences. Staying open can be stifled in many ways. Once again, thanks for chiming in Klainey.
Posted Image

#14 Guardian

Guardian

• 219 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 05:45 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 November 2022 - 08:58 PM, said:

I think a lot of this is due to the fact that when children start asking questions, parents tell them that the house is just settling, the person they see is an imaginary friend, etc.  Parents don't want to face a haunting and they don't want their children to be scared.

#15 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 06:24 AM

View PostGuardian, on 15 November 2022 - 05:45 AM, said:

I think a lot of this is due to the fact that when children start asking questions, parents tell them that the house is just settling, the person they see is an imaginary friend, etc.  Parents don't want to face a haunting and they don't want their children to be scared.

I'm sure there are exceptions but it's extremely common for children to invent imaginary friends in their development years. One of our ongoing investigations centered around such a case. The child had no siblings and lived in a 5000 square foot Victorian mansion built in 1788. That's not to say the place didn't have it's share of "place memory" or that there wasn't activity but the child grew out of it in her formative years. We had plenty of time to chat with the little girl during our ongoing 5 year investigation. It was just our conclusion. Our team could readily see how the child would become lonely with a stay at home Mom who engaged herself with plenty of social activities besides raising her child. Again, that's not to say that children don't have an ability that adults seem to lose in adulthood in connecting with the other side. Please pardon my skepticism, just that there's a host of psychological explanations in this particular trait with children.

Edited by EVP, 15 November 2022 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Guardian

Guardian

• 219 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 04:59 PM

View PostEVP, on 15 November 2022 - 06:24 AM, said:

I'm sure there are exceptions but it's extremely common for children to invent imaginary friends in their development years. One of our ongoing investigations centered around such a case. The child had no siblings and lived in a 5000 square foot Victorian mansion built in 1788. That's not to say the place didn't have it's share of "place memory" or that there wasn't activity but the child grew out of it in her formative years. We had plenty of time to chat with the little girl during our ongoing 5 year investigation. It was just our conclusion. Our team could readily see how the child would become lonely with a stay at home Mom who engaged herself with plenty of social activities besides raising her child. Again, that's not to say that children don't have an ability that adults seem to lose in adulthood in connecting with the other side. Please pardon my skepticism, just that there's a host of psychological explanations in this particular trait with children.

Trust me, as a huge skeptic, I definitely agree with you on this. Just offering up one possible explanation.

#17 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 05:12 PM

View PostGuardian, on 15 November 2022 - 04:59 PM, said:

Trust me, as a huge skeptic, I definitely agree with you on this. Just offering up one possible explanation.

Thank you for the clarification Guardian. It's always good to have alternative explanations in your arsenal. It's very easy in this field to become single minded which I believe closes ones perspective.
Posted Image

#18 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:I Love The 80's/90's! Films, Documentaries, Love Horror Movies, Listening To Music, Collecting Records, Reading, Creative Writing, Art, Photography, Nature, Beaches, Meditation, Crystals, and Gemstones, and Playing Videogames.

Posted 17 November 2022 - 12:35 PM

I wish I knew all the answers. I've always truly believed in the paranormal, while I can understand people being skeptics of such happenings taking place. Feel like only a few of has ever gotten that opportunity to fully communicate with spirits, while others can't and need proof, which I understand. It's as if they communicate with us in a subtle way and only a few people can pick it up due to how open we are to receiving it.

Posted Image

#19 EVP

EVP

• 2,111 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 07:03 PM

View PostWhispersInTheAttic, on 17 November 2022 - 12:35 PM, said:

I wish I knew all the answers. I've always truly believed in the paranormal, while I can understand people being skeptics of such happenings taking place. Feel like only a few of has ever gotten that opportunity to fully communicate with spirits, while others can't and need proof, which I understand. It's as if they communicate with us in a subtle way and only a few people can pick it up due to how open we are to receiving it.

It's as if they communicate with us in a subtle way and only a few people can pick it up due to how open we are to receiving it.

I don't think there's a straight black and white answer why the messages are subtle. I do believe, sometimes there may be a thinning of  the vail and answers can emerge depending on the urgency and how open we allow ourselves to them Thanks Whispers for your contribution to the thread.

Edited by EVP, 17 November 2022 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image

#20 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,917 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 18 November 2022 - 06:41 AM

I have had loved ones that have passed on make their presence known by subtle things, such as the smell of cigarette smoke (my Grandma Pat), or tools or other type of equipment popping up out of nowhere after countless hours of searching (my Grandpa Elmer).  

No one who lives close by my house smokes, but every now and then I will smell menthol cigarette smoke.  My Grandma smoked only Eve Turquoise brand cigarettes and the smell is unmistakable.

When it comes to tools missing and being found in weird spots, my dad, uncle, and I have all had instances in either our own house or their parents'/my grandparents' house.  Most recently, the key for the new garbage disposal in my house was missing.  I searched the entire kitchen and front room and never found it.  I thought my son had gotten a hold of it, but he can't get into the cabinet under the sink because the door is locked by a child safety magnet.  A few days went by and I found it back under the sink where it should have been in the first place.  My Dad had a similar thing happen with a pipe wrench a few years ago where he lost it, searched for a few days, and found it back in the tool chest where it should have been.
Posted Image