Can A Spirit Leave Something Behind?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian

Guardian

• 219 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:28 AM

Recently, in this thread ( http://www.paranorma...showtopic=46808 ) we have discussed spirits taking/moving objects that we are looking for.

In the past, a topic that was discussed was whether or not a spirit could leave an object behind that they didn't take from us.  ( http://www.paranorma...opic=28261&st=0 )  For example, people have been known to find coins and feathers that weren't theirs to begin with.  These have been found in places where there is no logical place for these items to be located.  I mean, we all probably have a few coins in our cars, but not stacked neatly on the dashboard.

In an example in the above-mentioned thread, a long-dead Civil War soldier handed a few reenactors some ammunition.

What are your thoughts on this?  Can passed loved ones leave items for us to find?  Can our house's previous owners let us know they are still around with something that doesn't belong to us?
Resident skeptic. Deal with it.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,917 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:33 AM

I believe spirits can leave "gifts" for friends or loved ones after they have passed on.  I haven't had this happen to me personally, but my Grandma did find a ring in her jewelry box about a week after her mom passed away back in 1998.  She never saw the ring before and described it to her sister (my Aunt Betty) who lived in the Black Hills just outside of Rapid City, South Dakota and worked at a Black Hills Gold shop at the time.  Her sister said they sell one exactly like it.  She came down to visit my Grandma about a year after that and confirmed it is a ring they sell at her shop.  Their mom lived in Rapid City the last few years of her life and did have a few Black Hills Gold rings in her possession.  What's weird is, the last time she visited my Grandma's house was in 1991.
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 03:34 AM

I also believe they can I had one experience I will share. I was seeing my mother in dreams and hearing messages; when I visited my father he said there was this message written on a scrap of paper that was on his breakfast bar in the morning when he woke. It was a note in my mother's handwriting and a message he said he had never seen before. So yes for whatever reason I believe they do have the ability!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 05:25 PM

I don't believe so. I have, however heard of something called an apport: an alleged paranormal transference of a material object. An episode of "Ghost Whisperer" touched on this briefly, much to the annoyance of Rick Payne (played by Jay Mohr. He'd been looking for something in his office which he put on his desk. After Melinda left, he searched for it and found it on a book shelf.
This was his annoyed exclamation.

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 02 December 2022 - 05:29 PM.

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 09:09 PM

Yes. I'm not saying all spirits are capable of this, but it's definitely possible for spirits to not only move small items around but also to introduce new small items into a space.

That said, I find people of the 'ghost hunting' variety way too quick to blame misplaced items on the presence of spirits.

At the moment, I can only recall a single time in my life when I was certain something of mine was placed somewhere by a non-corporeal third party. And that was an unusual scenario since it was done at my request.

Edited by True North, 08 December 2022 - 09:09 PM.