7 replies to this topic

#1 domino

domino

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

Hi everybody!

First of all, my name is Malin. I grew up on the countryside in south Sweden. Growing up there means a rich tradition of folk tales - incorporating elves and many different, more or less threatening mystical creatures - and a conviction that if you did anything to upset them, you would get in trouble.

The belief in these kind of entities, also "boogie men", exists all over the world. Since it is a fascinating subject I have chosen it as topic for my next project. This is where you come in!

Whether you believe(d) in it or not, I would love to hear from you about the fears from your childhood. What kind of "monsters" lurked around - in your house or in your mind? Did your parents warn you about them? Don't skip a single detail, it would be of great value for me to hear all about it.
In this way I hope to get inspired to make a visual presentation, in the form of photography or film, hopefully using one or more of these stories as narration.

Please feel free to write me a personal message, or share the story in whatever way you find convenient.

Thank you already for your help!

love,

Malin

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

Welcome Malin.

Intriguing topic I must say:)  When you say 'next project' what exactly does that mean?

Michelle

#3 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Welcome Malin!

And yes, as Michelle asked, it would be important to know what you are wanting to involve us in on. Is it a book, article, video or a school project?
And is your last project posted online? ...it would be interesting to see some of your other works.  :)

Anyway... I think you will find that those here on the Forums will have some amazing stories to share!

Thanks

#4 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

Hi Malin.  Welcome to the boards :)

Oh boy - well, I used to be afraid of alot when I was a kid.  I think that's mostly due to the fact that my brother is 6 years older than me and used to scare me endlessly while growing up.  I did have the typical "something is under my bed" and "Oh my God! Shut the closet door! It CAN'T be cracked open!!" fears.

My parents used to think I was nuts.  Anytime I would bring up ghosts or weird stuff, she rolls her eyes and says "Mmmm hmmm" in "that" tone Mom's have lol  I'll be 42 soon and she STILL does it to me.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#5 Themilkmanfromhell

Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I'm a crossroads demon. Come make a deal with me and I'll make all your dreams come true.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

I've mentioned before in these forum. I was 6-8 when these occured. I would from time to time end up sleeping out on the couch in the living room and one night I noticed two red eyes in the kitchen above the kitchen table. This ocurred for awhile until it stopped. I wasn't young enough to try to debunk it ,but I alway remember fear each time I seen them.

#6 mars

mars

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:witchcraft, writing, petting cats

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

I've always been scared of shadow men as a child, a little less so an an adult. My peripheral vision always happens to catch something or other and I've always been afraid of the dark- so mashing those two together has ended up as a terrifying experience for me. I used to be afraid they'd just come and attack me or nab me as a kid. They never really had any concrete form other than well, shadows of people, but also mostly they clung to other dark areas so even that's hard to say.

Whether they're real or not I can't say but as an adult, I get more of the feeling I'm being watched rather than about to be harmed whenever I see (or think I see) one.

#7 WhiteWitch28

WhiteWitch28

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I am a clairvoyant and i have a little of everything in the gift's i love all things paranormal and i a am beginner of Wiccan i like crystals and gemstones,take photos, puzzles,love animals

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

i see shadows people and i never get the feeling they will hurt me. but we still do not know what they are? and that is  a great story thanks for share it

#8 mars

mars

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:witchcraft, writing, petting cats

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostWhiteWitch28, on 17 September 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

i see shadows people and i never get the feeling they will hurt me. but we still do not know what they are? and that is  a great story thanks for share it

I don't get too scared of them anymore but I was pretty frightful as a babby Mars! There's a lot of theories about shadow men that I've come across reading but I've never paid a lot of mind. They don't seem to do anything other than just be annoying, really.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boogie, boogy, man, monsters, childhood, story, art, share

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users