JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

This is a neat page. I've never seen these pictures before. I'd be a bit freaked if it was me sleeping in this bed. Not to convinced the girl was levitated. She looks as if she jumped.

Enfield Poltergeist

#2 Redwyche

Redwyche

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:22 AM

Yes, I do agree that the pillow is rather strange.........but could easily be hoaxed.  And I definitely can tell the girl is jumping........you can tell by her hair.  Pictures can always be faked.

#3 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Reading, the Paranormal, Useless Movie Trivia

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:28 AM

I find it odd that there is no other information out there on this.  I posted a thread a few weeks back asking if anyone knew anything about the story, and this website is pretty much it!  

The "levitating" pictures are odd.  It does appear as if she is jumping, as she seems to "fly" off in the same direction every time.  However, these are young kids, and I think it would be hard for them to fake those utterly terrified looks on their faces.  They would have to be great little actresses.

What is known of this investigator?  Has he done work on other cases?

#4 paraportal

paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the paranormal.

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

I have a book which really goes deeply into the Enfield poltergeist case by the two guys who were there since it started and saw it through its entirity. It's called 'This House Is Haunted' and it's by Guy Lyon Playfair and it was he and Maurice Grosse who investigated the haunting for over a year. They collected evidence throughout and it's very well documented. The book is an awesome read although the ending and conclusion was a bit of a letdown.

The book is currently out of print but can be picked up on Amazon.com second hand for $25.

---
Looking at paranormal evidence with an open, unbiased mind and with a yearning to determine the facts from the fakes.

#5 Curious1

Curious1

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:34 AM

This is really odd, I have never heard of this one. Does any one what the story is on that? or were I can read up pn it. but I to think that the girl looks like she is jumping from the bed, and then this one
http://www.zurichmansion.org/images/video/mg-t4.jpg  said that they beleive she threw from the bed and she landed on the dresser and still asleep, to me it looks like she holding herself up with her arm.
IPB Image

#6 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

Darn, my stupid pop-up blocker won't let me see any of them!
Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#7 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

she holding herself up with her arm.

I definitely agree.  You can see the tension in her wrist and arm.

I'm going to have to check out that book.  I wonder if I can get it at the library?

Claire, the address is http://www.zurichmansion.org/ghosts/video1.html  just look at them straight from the site!

Edited by fbjewels, 09 November 2006 - 04:05 PM.

#8 BlackZ28

BlackZ28

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

The thing I find weird is that in the very first picture where it shows the "levitation".  There is a woman in the bed bedside "Margaret"  Her right arms is raised and she looks like the Queen Mother.  Then in the next picture where Margarets arm and leg are up, the Queen Mother isn't there.  Maybe I am wrong, I closed the window.  I will go back and look again, but I think it's kinda creepy.

Ok, They must be on different nights.  The pajamas are the same on both girls, but the wallpaper damaged under the window is worse in the second picture.  More of the bedsprings are showing from under the sheets on Janets bed in the second picture.  Margarets pillow in the first picture is white with stripes.  In the second picture, it is a dark color-maybe rust colored?-can't tell as it is in black and white.  So these are similar pictures, but obviously not taken in sequence.  I don't know if they are wanting us to believe they are taken in sequence or not.  There may very well be a woman in bed with Margaret, but all I can see is Margarets legs.  Though it does appear to be a twin bed.

Edited by BlackZ28, 10 November 2006 - 04:45 PM.

Best Regards,

Diann

Make your home a better place...ADOPT a German Shepherd..or TWO!

#9 BlackZ28

BlackZ28

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:52 PM

Ok solved.  The one where Janet is lying there all grinning and stuff, you can see the left wrist and arm of someone else-same pattern on the arm as on the other picture.  So there was two in the bed "and the little one said "roll over....roll over.....so they all rolled over and levitated up...blah blah..."
Best Regards,

Diann

Make your home a better place...ADOPT a German Shepherd..or TWO!

#10 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:47 PM

I don't know if anyone has "The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley, but there is a write up about the case in there. According to the book, the case involved some trickery and yet also had some genuine phenomena as well.

From the book:

"Janet and Rose would produce muffled voices (many which used strong profanity) , their mouths covered with sheets. A video camera set up in the room next door caught Janet bending spoons and attempting to bend an iron bar in an entirely normal manner, then bouncing up and down on the bed while she made little flapping movements with her hands.

The case appears to be one which began with some genuine phenomena, but which devolved into trickery by the 2 girls, probably prompted by the attention the case received from the media and from investigators."

#11 CeeOhDee

CeeOhDee

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

If she was to have levitated in the pic where she looks like she's jumping,  I would think the sheets would be pulled down or moved.
I am the C.O.D formerly known as Child of Darkness.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

And the sign says "Everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray"
But then they passed around a plate at the end of it all
And I didn't have a penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said, "Thank you Lord for thinking 'bout me, I'm alive and doing fine"  - Tesla

#12 Cobalt5

Cobalt5

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(Child of Darkness @ Nov 12 2006, 04:46 PM) View Post

If she was to have levitated in the pic where she looks like she's jumping,  I would think the sheets would be pulled down or moved.

My thoughts exactly.  And they don't really seem to be too terrified.  On the first one the levitatee (or whatever you'd like to call her) actually appears to be laughing when the sheets are pulled off of her. And the expressions of the young women in the bed appear to be fake to me.

Look at the first levitation again - at the start the sheets are pulled back - you can see orange sheets.  Then when she is flying through the air it looks as if the bed had been made.  Maybe just a tidy poltergeist?

What's most scary is Bay City Rollers poster on the wall!  And the fact that I rememebr them! blink.gif

Edited by Cobalt5, 19 November 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#13 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

Look what I found on youtube today!!  Fascinating stuff.

Enfield Poltergeist Documentary

#14 RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:24 AM

Would think this would be a very popular story if everything was varified. I agree with what I have read about it starting off as a little true and then "performances" were put on. Not to impressed with this story.

#15 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(fbjewels @ May 14 2007, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look what I found on youtube today!!  Fascinating stuff.Enfield Poltergeist Documentary
Bummer!! The video has been removed due to a terms of use violation!!!!

#16 candlewraith

candlewraith

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy &amp; horror books &amp; films; the paranormal; rats; drawing;<br />music; halloween props &amp; decor; the whispered, magical moments of connection to the universe from which we may learn.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEXE8I0DpE

This one works. There are several shorter versions.

Edited by candlewraith, 22 March 2008 - 08:59 PM.

Wraithwood  - Images of Spirit & Dark Fantasy

#17 arxrobear

arxrobear

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:42 AM

Interesting case, would have liked to have witnessed some of the events, but strangely enough it reminds me of similar instance I have read about involving 'adolecent paranormal phenomenon' where teens can make lights flicker or not work, alter tempreatures of rooms and generally cause similar instances to happen.

I would have loved to have watched the entire video if it were on youtube (darn you youtube). but the snippet I have seen was interesting.

#18 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(paraportal @ Nov 8 2006, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a book which really goes deeply into the Enfield poltergeist case by the two guys who were there since it started and saw it through its entirity. It's called 'This House Is Haunted' and it's by Guy Lyon Playfair and it was he and Maurice Grosse who investigated the haunting for over a year. They collected evidence throughout and it's very well documented. The book is an awesome read although the ending and conclusion was a bit of a letdown.

The book is currently out of print but can be picked up on Amazon.com second hand for $25.

Thats a great book, Very Freaky.
As for this case i think the girls put on alot of it, as for some im not sure about, like the moving of very heavy objects and the things flying round the room which was witnessed by a number of people (including a police officer)
The girls certainy did play tricks on Maurice grosse and were caught on a number of occasions. Very compelling case though.
My Family had a Poltergeist case when they lived in Germany, at the time my sisters were  around the same age as the Enfield girls. Though i have it on good info from close family members that stuff happened everyday, my parents wouldnt lie to me about all that went on. Though i still feel my sisters may have had a hand in some of it or 'it' was feeding off them in some way. I have been told that there is usually a pubescent girl in the equation of most poltergeist activities.

Edited by gummblefish, 26 March 2008 - 12:44 PM.

#19 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

Here is a news story about the case. Apparently the two girls (now women) don't like to talk about it, but they have broken their silence in this interview:

http://www.dailymail...nce-broken.html

#20 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but no point in starting a new one regarding same subject.

There is a documentary on tonight at 9pm on the Pick channel (sky 152 here in the UK) Many might have seen it before, its called Interview with a poltergeist, in regards to the Enfield haunting
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users