39 replies to this topic

#21 spookymatchbox

spookymatchbox

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Ms._Whatsis @ Mar 25 2005, 08:17 PM)
When I was a young girl, in '69 and until '71, I went to the Alamo pretty regularly, about 6 times in all (I lived in Laredo and my uncle lived in S.A.).  I remember - I don't care what time of the year you went, that place was always cold.  I'm trying to remember if it was air conditioned back then - I guess it would have to be checked with the caretakers.  But it was an eerie beautiful, sad place - you were so concious of all the lost human life.  There was a plaque on the floor were four uknown soldiers had died, and there were weapons behind glass that you could look at.  Another bloody piece of history of the USA.

View Post

my friend kristen, who's from san antonio, says its cold year round because it's built out of limestone, which captures the moisture in the air and keeps itself quite cool..that's why they built the alamo out of this stone to begin with smile.gif
user posted image

Official Rejects site : The Devil's Rejects

R.I.P. Matthew McGrory

#22 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(spookymatchbox @ Mar 26 2005, 12:47 AM)
promise me nothing's gonna jump out at me if i stare at those pictures, ghosthunter, and i'll take a good look...i had a bad experience with one of those evil flash joke things that scare you earlier and now i'm paranoid to look at anything online lol

View Post

Don't worry!  It's not one of those evil flash jokes that scare the bejeezes outta you.  It doesn't move or anything.  It's just a plain old picture.  I swear on my grandpa's grave that nothing will jump out at you.

FYI: According to Martin Leal of Alamo City Paranormal, about 60% of the Alamo is the original structure.
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#23 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

Here's a statue (cenotaph) dedicated to the Alamo heroes.

user posted image

The figure on the front represents the ghost (yes, ghost) that saved the Alamo from being destroyed.

user posted image

user posted image

The west and east sides of the cenotaph depicts some of the men killed during the battle.

This is the first statue that actually depicts or represents a ghost.
ghosthunter182003

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(ghosthunter182003 @ Mar 29 2005, 02:02 PM)
This is the first statue that actually depicts or represents a ghost.

View Post

Interesting. I must have missed that the last time I was there. Thanks for posting that!
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#25 ashleykitty

ashleykitty

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:17 PM

My husband and I live just outside of San Antonio and we go to the Alamo all the time.  I have never experienced anything paranormal in the church but the long barracks have always given me the willies.  I have felt something like a peaceful reverance and faint sadness in the church and on the grounds, but as I said before the long barracks have a strange feeling to me.  I have taken many pics but have never gotten anything in them.  Maybe I will go back and look them over again. smile.gif

If anyone gets the chance to visit SA, I highly recommend visiting the other missions here.  The Alamo is the northernmost mission in SA.  They are dripping with history and some of them are very beautiful.  A few are even still in use today.

#26 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghosts, desktop enhancement.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(ashleykitty @ Mar 29 2005, 04:17 PM)
My husband and I live just outside of San Antonio and we go to the Alamo all the time.  I have never experienced anything paranormal in the church but the long barracks have always given me the willies.  I have felt something like a peaceful reverance and faint sadness in the church and on the grounds, but as I said before the long barracks have a strange feeling to me.  I have taken many pics but have never gotten anything in them.  Maybe I will go back and look them over again. smile.gif

If anyone gets the chance to visit SA, I highly recommend visiting the other missions here.  The Alamo is the northernmost mission in SA.  They are dripping with history and some of them are very beautiful.  A few are even still in use today.

View Post

Originally from San Antonio, I too have been to the Alamo a few times. The barracks do hold a bit of eeriness in them.  As for the ghost that saved it, If I remember the story correctly, after the battle, Santa Ana sent his troops in to level the place.  As they were getting ready to blow it up they saw red glowing eyes coming towards them. (Can't remember how many, but some think it was the fallen heros.) And then the spirit.  

They ran back to tell Santa Ana, and the idea of demolishing it was dropped.

It is also interesting to note that there have been quite a few changes and restorations to the Alamo throughout history and each one has been met with ghostly activity and strange occurences.

As for the actual building that is also true that it stood in the center. The area around it is know now as Alamo Plaza, that whole area is know to be haunted.

Kim
[font=Comic Sans Ms]<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->Ghosts are invisible, and I didn't see anything. Therefore, ghosts must exsist.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->-Gilbert Godfrey on Celebrity Paranormal<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#27 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(mercesgirl @ Mar 30 2005, 05:49 AM)
Originally from San Antonio, I too have been to the Alamo a few times. The barracks do hold a bit of eeriness in them.  As for the ghost that saved it, If I remember the story correctly, after the battle, Santa Ana sent his troops in to level the place.  As they were getting ready to blow it up they saw red glowing eyes coming towards them. (Can't remember how many, but some think it was the fallen heros.) And then the spirit. 

They ran back to tell Santa Ana, and the idea of demolishing it was dropped.

It is also interesting to note that there have been quite a few changes and restorations to the Alamo throughout history and each one has been met with ghostly activity and strange occurences.

As for the actual building that is also true that it stood in the center. The area around it is know now as Alamo Plaza, that whole area is know to be haunted.

Kim

View Post

That's what the story was.  Six spirits came floating out of the door toward Santa Ana's men.  If you stand in the Alamo Plaza, you're actually standing in the oldest cemetery in San Antonio until it was paved over.

ghosthunter182003

#28 white orchid

white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:20 AM

i wonder if there's anything in the basement? happy.gif  sorry, i couldn't resist.

#29 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(pyrophile @ Mar 30 2005, 11:20 AM)
i wonder if there's anything in the basement? happy.gif  sorry, i couldn't resist.

View Post

I think I actually do remember my brother telling me there was something down there. Dont remember exactly, I will have to ask him as this is one of his favorite hauntings.

Kim
[font=Comic Sans Ms]<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->Ghosts are invisible, and I didn't see anything. Therefore, ghosts must exsist.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->-Gilbert Godfrey on Celebrity Paranormal<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#30 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:06 AM

Interesting note.  My brother one night was doing security work at one of the smaller hotels in the area, and was told by the guy he relieve that it was haunted.  The guy said it was thought that the ghost was from that time, but no one was too sure.  After the guy left, my brother asked the ghost who they were. He heard the name Bowie. (Jim Bowie was one of the heros of the Alamo.)  My brother went about his business for the night.  In the morning, when the new guy came to relieve him, my brother was walking out and said, "Good bye, Mr Bowie. It was a pleasure.   He says he felt a hit on the back that was so hard it pushed him forward spilling his coffee.  I guess the ghost was trying to give him a pat on the back to say good bye.

Kim

#31 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE(mercesgirl @ Mar 31 2005, 03:06 AM)
Interesting note.  My brother one night was doing security work at one of the smaller hotels in the area, and was told by the guy he relieve that it was haunted.  The guy said it was thought that the ghost was from that time, but no one was too sure.  After the guy left, my brother asked the ghost who they were. He heard the name Bowie. (Jim Bowie was one of the heros of the Alamo.)  My brother went about his business for the night.  In the morning, when the new guy came to relieve him, my brother was walking out and said, "Good bye, Mr Bowie. It was a pleasure.   He says he felt a hit on the back that was so hard it pushed him forward spilling his coffee.  I guess the ghost was trying to give him a pat on the back to say good bye.

Kim

View Post

I found out that the basement doesn't exist anymore.  But I think it was in the area where the gift shop is located now.
ghosthunter182003

#32 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(ghosthunter182003 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:50 AM)
I found out that the basement doesn't exist anymore.  But I think it was in the area where the gift shop is located now.

View Post

Last I heard it did exsist, but it was mostly offices now.

Kim

#33 white orchid

white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

i think everyone missed my joke... rolleyes.gif  the proper response would have been to laugh uproariously and say "there's no basement in the alamo!"  sorry, i watch peewee's big adventure WAAAYYY too much.

#34 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(pyrophile @ Apr 3 2005, 12:42 AM)
i think everyone missed my joke... rolleyes.gif  the proper response would have been to laugh uproariously and say "there's no basement in the alamo!"  sorry, i watch peewee's big adventure WAAAYYY too much.

View Post

OMG!  How did I manage to miss that?   laugh.gif  laugh.gif  Thanks, pyrophile!  I needed a good laugh.
ghosthunter182003

#35 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(ghosthunter182003 @ Apr 4 2005, 08:36 AM)
OMG!  How did I manage to miss that?   laugh.gif  laugh.gif  Thanks, pyrophile!  I needed a good laugh.

View Post

Sorry I did miss that.  But there IS a basement.  They use it for offices or somewhat. I remember when I went on my honeymoon we stayed at the Emily Morgan, which is right next door.  Fed Ex or UPS came to make a delivery to the Alamo.  They were on the side walk by the Alamo and pushed some thing. A hole opened and there was a platform. The guy rode down it. Sounds sci-fi I know, but true.  It looked like the lift in Blast from the Past or Sean of the Dead (for those who have seen either. )  A few moments later the guy came up and closed it. Got in his truck and left.  So see there is one. tongue.gif

Kim

#36 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 09:24 PM

I don't think they allow cameras on the inside anymore sad.gif something about people selling the pics I beileve.

#37 citrinecastle

citrinecastle

Priestess of Poo

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts
  • Interests:Stalking GS moderators, discussing horrific bowel movements and all that is stinky, cat speaking, eating bubble wrap

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:41 AM

I heard about Oz taking a whiz on the Alamo and being banned from there, but I never heard about the 666 thing. Looking at the pic, I can see the 1st and 3rd 6's...but I don't see the 2nd one at all. Does anyone have any pics of their own of the Alamo?

Posted Image

http://www.myspace.com/citrinecastle

Ask Me About My Bowel Movements, I Dare You

No...Let's NOT Talk About My Bowel Movements You Rascally Evil Mod, You

#38 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

Just bumping this topic, instead of creating a new one. The Alamo was one of the spots I visited on my recent holiday and it was overrun by tourists in the middle of the day (as you'd expect!) it certainly felt solemn, but I can't say that I experienced anything that could be attributed to paranormal events, perhaps going through the day wasn't the most opportune time?

Any members have stories to share from this location?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#39 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

View Postghosthunter182003, on 21 March 2005 - 06:41 AM, said:

Hey, y'all!  Just got back from San Antonio on Saturday.  I went on a ghost hunt (with my mom style_emoticons/default/dry.gif ) hosted by Alamo City Paranormal.  We actually got something!  We got a cold spot in the area where the man in the black duster and cowboy hat has appeared.  The temperature dropped from 57 to 34!

BTW: the story about Ozzy and the "666" is true.  For those who don't know the story, here you go!

666 on the Alamo

See if you can find the "666" on this picture!

Posted Image

It's partially correct. Ozzy peed on the Cenotaph monument. Also, I only see one area that there appears to be a six made from the mortar.

I don't know about the 666 on the Alamo building--
I can't seem to make it out, myself. But Ozzie didn't
actually urinate on the Alamo at all. There is a
monument called the Cenotaph in Alamo Plaza, across
the street from the Alamo proper, which was the true
target of Ozzie's anointing.

Posted by A skeptic in San Antonio, TX  on  Tue Aug 12, 2003,  at  01:00 PM

Source: Hoaxes.org

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny