#1 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

1.  Who here has watched this series?
2.  Who here has visited any of the following locations?  Let's see who has been to the most!

Part 1 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 1 Most Terrifying Places in America October 9, 2009 Locations Overview
In this one hour special premiere, the episode tells the tales of seven haunted locations, which are reportedly haunted by the supernatural.
Part 2 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 2 Most Terrifying Places in America 2 October 9, 2009 Locations Overview
In the second one hour special, the episode tells the tales of seven more haunted locations.
Part 3 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 3 Most Terrifying Places in America 3 October 1, 2010 Locations Overview
In the third one hour special, the episode tells the tales of eight haunted locations.
Part 4 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 4 Most Terrifying Places in America 4 October 1, 2010 Locations Overview
In the fourth one hour special, the episode tells the tales of eight more haunted locations.
Part 5 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 5 Most Terrifying Places in America 5 October 8, 2010 Locations Overview
In the fifth one hour special, the episode tells the tales of nine haunted locations.
Part 6 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 6 Most Terrifying Places in America 6 October 15, 2010 Locations Overview
In the sixth one hour special, the episode tells the tales of eight haunted locations.
Part 7 (Special)[edit]
Part Title Original Airdate 7 Most Terrifying Places in America 7 October 22, 2010 Locations Overview
In the seventh one hour special, the episode tells the tales of nine haunted locations.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for sharing; I have never see this series- so thought I would post links so others can watch too and I have not been to any of these places either. Thank God :)  

https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=2
https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=3
https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=4
https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=5
https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=6
https://www.youtube....mZtlU_D&index=7
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Hmmm, the closest I have been is having visited some of the areas, but not the particular locations.  I've been on underground tours in Seattle, Washington, and Pendleton, Oregon, but not the Shanghai Tunnels in Portland.  Difficult choice to make which I would most like to visit.  If I could see or hear something interesting and not meet too bad of entities or people, I would say number one, Archer Avenue, and number two, Bachelor's Grove.  If not, then number one, Winchester House, number two, Hull House.

#4 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

It's such a shame this series stopped four years ago after only seven episodes!  The only one I haven't seen recently is episode Three--I may or may not have seen it long ago. I really love this and their approach!  The lady they got for the Willard Library was a little over the top but all the others were great!  This show is so much better than most of the bump-in-the-night ghost-hunter-type shows!

#5 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

I've never watched this (to my knowledge anyway).

I've always wanted to visit Bachelor's Grove and Waverly Hills though.  You'd think I'd have at least gone to the Lizzie Borden house, seeing as how I lived about 30 minutes away from it for most of my adult life.

I would've loved to have gone inside Danvers State Hospital, but sadly it's condos now :(
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#6 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

I used to go to Lake Shawnee amusement park when I was a child -- there was nothing at all spooky or scary about it,  it just went out of business when theme parks were becoming a big thing.  Lots of small local amusement parks closed in the late '60's early 70's.  And IMO two deaths in 40 years while unfortunate,  do not make a place haunted,  nor IMO are they necessarily indications of upset ghosts.  A child who was not under adult supervision drowned,  and a child was killed by a vehicle which should not have been there while she was on the swings -- that's human stupidity.   So yes,  I could expect either child's ghost to be around,  but not random men on the ferris wheel.

IMO all abandoned amusement parks are spooky and creepy looking,  just like all abandoned malls look haunted. Even the local mall which is not completely empty but getting that way feels haunted -- but it's not.

Edited by Judecat, 21 January 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#7 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

I'm watching the episode now that features Lake Shawnee Park. Regardless of it there is anything there, abandoned amusement parks are just creepy. Even looking at pictures of Geauga Lake in Ohio being abandoned are creepy. Maybe it's just the fact that these are places that have brought so much joy to so many people at one time then they just seemed to die and are left to be forgotten.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#8 K9Crusader

K9Crusader

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

I have seen them all at least half a dozen times and I still enjoy watching them every October

#9 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:57 AM

Some of these places are haunted only by the expectations people have of encountering ghosts when they get there.

#10 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

I know people who have been to mt. misery and it's a legit haunted place from what they say.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

geez that's a long list of places to check out! better start saving my money to come over and knock a few off the list!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#12 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

I love this show! Even if the places aren't legitimately haunted they're just neat. Always look forward to October so I can catch old episodes :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users