#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,707 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Lots of controvery here. The movie's trailer says it's a case the Warrens investigated. The investigation was actually done by Brits, but the movie is all about the Warrens alleged involvment. Check this out.   http://skepticsboot....istory.html?m=1 fixed link
Posted Image

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

The source alone "skepticsboot" sends a red flag that anything mentioned about that movie will be negative regarding the Warren's.
Trust me.... if the Warrens weren't involved with this case it will come out big time when the movie is released. Everyone will be interviewed includes existing family members involved in the haunting. So if this story is not related accurately, it will come out. But for now, I will reserve judgement.

I do have to wonder though, why a Movie Studio would risk their reputation on a lie, if that were the case.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

The director, James Wan, loves working with the actors that portray Ed and Lorraine, plus the name of the Warrens makes a great hook for a movie. His movies The  Conjuring, Annabelle and I think one or 2 others use them. After I saw the trailer yesterday I did some googling because I have read aboutthe case and their names were never mentioned...seemed fishy to me, and the only confirmation (aside from this article) was that they (or maybe just Ed) showed up after hearing about it and was only there a few hours. There is a lot of talk about this past day or so since the trailer was released on social media, most people questioning their actual involvement as well
Posted Image

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

The Conjuring was an amazing movie... and I fell in love with those portraying the Warren's. And No One in the movie was slashed or killed, I liked that.  :)  
Like I said, the truth will all come out when the movie is released. Deception will be revealed, if that's actually the case.
The upcoming interviews with the existing family members will be the actual story... that's what I will be waiting for.
Posted Image

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

I'm wondering if this is the truth or just money talking. Tony Spera, longtime associate of the Warrens posted this on FB today regarding the controversy over them investigating this.

The Warren's Occult MuseumLike Page
9 hrs ·

First, I would ask that everyone who reads this post shares it on their timeline. I ask this of those who are truly friends of Ed and Lorraine Warren.
The following is my response;

There have been articles floating around the internet claiming that Ed and Lorraine Warren never investigated the " Enfield Poltergeist " case.
The case is the basis for the upcoming New Line Cinema release of " The Conjuring 2; Enfield Poltergeist "

An interview between Dave Shrader and Guy Playfair has been floating around online, with Playfair disparaging Ed Warren and claiming that they never investigated the house or family.
I write this to counter that false claim. Ed Warren and Lorraine Warren were at the house, and conducted an investigation into the supernatural and preternatural phenomena that had been occurring in that small counsel house.

I have in my possession, hours of audio recordings of Ed Warren interviewing Peggy, Janet, and Margaret Hodgeson, and in those tapes, audio of voices frequently responding to questions from Ed Warren, and even interrupting him at times. These voices would issue from thin air.

Also, a voice known as the " Parrot woman " could be heard on the audio tapes.

There were two other investigators in the house, accompanying the Warrens, Paul Bartz ( since deceased ) and John Kenyhercz, alive and well, who will testify to this fact.
John was witness to much phenomena; one incident involved a huge lump of excrement plopping ( materializing ) on the floor right in front of him.
John also supplied to me dozens of photographic slides he had taken in the house.

This occurred in 1979.

Lorraine was witness to wallpaper peeling from the walls, and floating in the air, and covering an overhead light.

Ed and Lorraine had left the house and had gone to a local market to buy some groceries for the family, and while there witnessed a " doppelgänger " of Janet standing just outside of the store.
In 1981 Ed Warren and Lorraine Warren returned to the house, with their daughter, Judy ( my wife ).

While there, Judy witnessed phenomena herself.

( a purse that she placed on the floor beside her mysteriously moved several feet away from her ).

Fast forward to October of 2015. Lorraine was invited to the set of " The Conjuring 2: Enfield Poltergeist "
While on the set, Janet and Margaret Hodgeson arrived and were met by Lorriane. The two woman immediately began crying while hugging and kissing Lorraine. They both remarked that " Lorraine and her husband were the " Only ones that helped us "

Let that sink in. " The Warren's were the ONLY ones that helped us "

Lorraine and Ed Warren have been taking the stabs and the slings and arrows of skeptics, and naysayers, and non- believers, and jealous competitors for years.
This article is just one more stab.

When you are the pioneers, and on top of the occult realm, there will always be those who will try to knock you off that pedestal.
Ed and Lorraine would go out and buy the Hodgeson family food, because they were a needy family, and Ed and Lorraine felt extreme compassion for them.
Did the British in investigators do that? I don’t think so.

There isn't a paranormal reality show, or reality star on television today, or in the past that doesn't owe a huge debt of gratitude to Ed and Lorraine Warren.
They began the NESPR ( New England Society for Psychic Research ) way back in 1952, before most, if not all of these so-called " Demonologists " and ghost-hunters were ever conceived, or even a thought in their future parents mind.

The Warrens were the grunts, the ones who laid the groundwork, and fought the battles and forged ahead, all in the quest to help others.

Back in the late sixties, Ed was recognized as being one of only seven religious demonologists in the nation, six being clergy,and Ed as the only " lay " Demonologist.
Today, if you check the internet, there are probably thousands of people calling themselves demonologists.

Reading a book on demonology and investigating a few homes does not a demonologist make.
I knew Ed Warren since 1979. Other than his wife, Lorraine, I probably have spent more time with him than anyone else. I would accompany them on the majority of their lectures, and many cases, and visit Ed at his home.

He would talk about the " Enfield " case almost every time I was with him. Literally thousands of people have heard the spirit voices that would issue from thin air in that Enfield house ( Ed played those audio recordings at most of his lectures ).

Also, keep in mind that Ed Warren visited the house in 1979.
The British investigators supposedly were there in 1977 for more than a year.
Did they solve anything or help the family in any way?

Apparently not, as the phenomena was still occurring when Ed went to the house in 1979.

Remember what Janet and Margaret said upon seeing Lorraine on the Conjuring 2 set:
" The Warrens were the ONLY ones that helped us "
I have included pictures of Janet and Margaret standing with Lorraine on the Conjuring set.
Sincerely,

Tony Spera

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

And the point of view that Janet faked everything:   http://www.csicop.or...ld_poltergeist/
Posted Image

#7 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

Very Interesting.

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, Vlawde.... I want to see this new movie more than ever now.  :)

Tony Spera is the son-in-law of the Warren's and the director of N.E.S.P.R. He's the one in charge of the museum as well. I appreciated reading Tony's take on things and even The last link you posted to the Skeptical Inquirer... it's always good to get the skeptic's view on things as well. I do have an issue or two with his article however. Him quoting Janet as admitting to maybe 2% of the activity as a prank... but he suggests 100%. I have seen the photo of the girl seemingly being flung from her bed. And I do believe that was simply her jumping off the bed as a prank. And I'm sure she did have some fun with the investigators at times, if I were in her shoes, I might have had a little fun with them myself as a teenager. So it will be interesting to see upcoming interviews of her after the movie opens. I also did not appreciate the attack on Ed Warren either, saying Warren was notorious for exaggerating and even making up incidents. And maybe he did at times, maybe he needed to in order to get word out, who knows.... but that comment was over the top and in my opinion, was done to discredit Ed in order to continue the article in a skeptical flow.

Ed & Loraine Warren investigated thousands of cases for one reason and one reason only.... to help those suffering with a horrible haunting. It was hard for them to turn down a case. They simply wanted to use their abilities and courage to make a difference in people's lives. Yes, they wrote a few books but it didn't make them rich. And maybe some times they were paid for travel or even an interview,  good for them! Ed never saw any big money as far as I know. That didn't come about until after his death. If I ever end up talking with Lorraine again, that will be one of our discussions.

And yes, I'm sure they appreciated the attention on those rare occasions.... I would too!
Posted Image

#9 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 08 January 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

I do have to wonder though, why a Movie Studio would risk their reputation on a lie, if that were the case.

Because in this day and age, it's not about reputation with Hollywood, it's about generated revenue.
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

I guess that is the case, EVP.
Posted Image

#11 Kwekwe

Kwekwe

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

I just watched The Enfield Haunting BBC mini series last night and enjoyed it. Had no idea the Warrens were involved
Gravesend Paranormal Group https://www.youtube....LnoD411Cx2IgEbA

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:26 AM

Hopefully at some point this weekend I'll go see the movie
Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

I'm waiting a few days, maybe see it on Monday. That way I avoid the crowds. The last movie I saw, was the matinee of Cloverfield Lane and there was only 20 people in the audience. It was awesome, no people gabbing or making comments and no one kicking the back of my seat either.

P.S. Also I got in as a senior citizen, because of my white hair and cane. My sister was so ticked... :anim_63:

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 09 June 2016 - 10:58 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

I always do the matinees for the reason you mentioned. Even during weekends, the early show isn't crowded. Really liked 10 Cloverfield Lane BTW
Posted Image

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

I hope everyone read the 5th post/panel above, Where Tony Spera discussed the Warren's involvement with the Enfield Case. The Warrens were there almost two years after the the previous team and the haunting was still going on. The girls in that haunting, now older women meant with Lorraine Warren on set and cried. They said "The Warren's were the only ones that helped us."

I don't care what anyone says... the Warren's were not rich. But they were dedicated to helping those with a serious haunting. They spent most of their money engaged in the thousands (yes, I said thousands) of cases they were involved in. If they got a little media attention or credit once in awhile, that's great, they more than deserved it!

The person that wrote the article/statement was Tony Spera, son-in-law to the Warrens. I have been in contact with him recently involving a case on these very forums. And he has been more than helpful. As a matter of fact, I will be writing him today about another case. He and the Warrens, are dedicated to this cause and I for one am grateful.
Posted Image

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 09 June 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

I always do the matinees for the reason you mentioned. Even during weekends, the early show isn't crowded. Really liked 10 Cloverfield Lane BTW

I know me too. You didn't know what was going on, kind of kept you on the edge, was it just him manipulating them or was there really a threat out side the door.

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 09 June 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I hope everyone read the 5th post/panel above, Where Tony Spera discussed the Warren's involvement with the Enfield Case. The Warrens were there almost two years after the the previous team and the haunting was still going on. The girls in that haunting, now older women meant with Lorraine Warren on set and cried. They said "The Warren's were the only ones that helped us."

I don't care what anyone says... the Warren's were not rich. But they were dedicated to helping those with a serious haunting. They spent most of their money engaged in the thousands (yes, I said thousands) of cases they were involved in. If they got a little media attention or credit once in awhile, that's great, they more than deserved it!

The person that wrote the article/statement was Tony Spera, son-in-law to the Warrens. I have been in contact with him recently involving a case on these very forums. And he has been more than helpful. As a matter of fact, I will be writing him today about another case. He and the Warrens, are dedicated to this cause and I for one am grateful.

I did. I haven't seen the BBC mini series, so I can't really comment about those researchers. But sometimes researchers just go to a haunted location to get evidence and not to truly help the individuals, who asked for their help in ridding a haunting. It really ticks me off, when they don't really try to help.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 09 June 2016 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Jason Hawes shared a Facebook post from Andrea Perron. It's about Norma Sutcliffe is claiming the place isn't haunted and to discredit the Perron's. I think it's because all the trespassing on the property. If Norma can prove it's not haunted, than there wouldn't be any reason for people to go there.

Andrea Perron  Yesterday at 6:54pm ·

To my friends & followers in Rhode Island who have contacted me regarding a report that ran tonight on WJAR Channel 10 in Providence, I hear you and thank you for reaching out to me and expressing your concerns. This is one more pitiful attempt by Norma Sutcliffe to discredit our family. She has now hired a private investigator by the name of Joe Nickell to "prove" there are "NO GHOSTS HERE!" Though I have yet to see the film clip, the details of it have been disclosed to me. I will procure it and use it as further evidence of my claim of libel. This is slander. Defamation of character. This is shameful and this charge will not go unanswered. She and her posse of flunkies have crossed the line one too many times and the fire and brimstone of HELL is about to rain down on her head. Her ongoing, pathetic need for attention has finally caught up with her because REAL PARANORMAL investigators have confirmed and reconfirmed the presence of spirit in that farmhouse, some of whom entered it by her invitation. (Season 2 Episode 7 of Ghost Hunters will verify this allegation.) No. This will not stand. The comments made about my mother are, as far as I am concerned, a declaration of war. I am not going to defend a movie. I am defending my family.

Facebook source: Andrea's post

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 June 2016 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:07 PM

Here are some Youtube videos of investigations into hauntings at the home. All reported evidence of a haunting. R.N.E.A.R. , Ghost Hunters

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

I thought they (the daughters) pretty much admitted to it being a hoax.

#20 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:06 PM

Where is that written? And is that Conjuring 1 or 2?

I've seen both families interviewed and that never came up. With the Enfield movie, the girl that was possessed was a prankster but she never did anything overly dramatic as far as I ever heard. And there were several that witnessed many of these things that actually happened.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users