• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 10 June 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

I thought they (the daughters) pretty much admitted to it being a hoax.

I read that a good portion of it was attributed to hoax but certain key events suggest not ALL were. The case dates back to 1977 and some of the key witnesses have now passed on. There is so much documented on this case on the web, it's tough to discern truth, lies, facts or fiction anymore unfortunately. The web can't be trusted either way.

Regardless, #2 is out there because of the success of #1. It was a smash hit that grossed 318 million world wide and with a very low production cost success is inevitable with the second one. I remember reading that many other films came out after using the same tag line "Based on a true story" that the first Conjuring used in the opening credits hoping to cash in on the same success.

Edited by EVP, 11 June 2016 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#22 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

Evp,
You are the most rational man I know. And one of the most cautious when considering the paranormal. However, I remember a few months ago, you sent me a link to the Enfield case and you were genuinely intrigued with how it all evolved. I could feel your excitement... and because of it, you had me gaining a new sense of excitement for the case myself. So I know the Enfield case has your interest more than most. But I also see the skeptical side of you coming out as well, and that's as it should be. But to know this case peaked with you, had me smiling at the time. I hadn't seen that side of you as much. :)  

But yes, much in this case has most wondering as to what's completely true and what's embellished or added for effect. The first team gathered a lot of evidence that made the world set up and pay attention. I believe it was in the link you sent me showing video of the possessed girl answering questions as the demonic entity! That was horrifying! So the first team gathered much in the way of evidence and the second team (the Warren's) may not have been in the headlines as much, but they were the one's that actually made the difference and touched the family where it was needed the most.

My granddaughter saw the movie last night with friends... and the theater was completely packed full. They were thrilled to have seen it! And I plan on going to see it myself, on Tuesday!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#23 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,707 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hopefully I'll go see it tomorrow. Was going to yesterday, but by the time everything else I had to do was done, the next show was like 4 pm, I figured that would be too crowded
Posted Image

#24 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Jim showing your personal side once again with me and I can see you don't forget things which I'm sure will work against me some day sooner rather than later :)

I'm going to reveal just a small matter that to date I haven't discussed and out of confidentiality I can't expand upon. It has something to do with that momentary excitement you saw regarding the Enfield case. Late last year I was involved in a rather unusual case and the first to date where I witnessed a possession. I'm always looking for a logical explanation and this was the first time in quite a while my buried spiritualism emerged. I saw the black eyes and much like the Enfield case, I heard "the voice" and it tested my logical side and made me question several dogmatic belief systems within myself. I continue to rationalize that it was simply a little mental illness with the client because the past had shattered the persons life right from an early age. But, I know I'm slightly in denial. The excitement with the Enfield case you saw related to the case I had most recently encountered. I could totally relate to the demonic voice...and that was where the tangent began that you saw....

That's all I can really say but it shook me up and made me question a lot of things for weeks after....

Thanks for noticing Jim, now back to my skeptical side as I wipe some of my spiritualism within away until next time :)

Edited by EVP, 11 June 2016 - 12:38 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#25 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,646 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

You're amazing, my friend... and I so appreciate you opening up and even doing so here in front of witnesses.  ;)

I have never witnessed a possessed person like you have described but I can see how it would stay with any witnesses for the rest of their life. I hope at some point you can talk freely about the event. I'm sure all here who have read your statement, are now wondering how it all turned out!

So this was all in your mind back then when you talked with me about the Enfield case? ..........You were vulnerable, and I love it!  ;)

I like your spiritualism side, Evp.... it suits you.  
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#26 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

I saw the movie yesterday and really enjoyed it - there wasn't as many scary heart stopping moments compared to the first one though!

I've decided to have a read of Playfair's book ' this house is haunted' - it's on it's way so I'll pop back in once I've read it.

I was hoping that there would be more articles from the Hodgsons as part of the movie lead up but I don't think they've said much at all...

Regardless of whether the movie is predominately fact or fiction, it's a great film and I would recommend it :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users