Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:52 PM

http://www.placesyou...es-behind-them/

Some of these locations I am familiar with but most I am not.  The photographs are colored, the locations are lovely to look at and the stories are short captioned with manifestations included.

No. 38 is my favorite.  After all, what can be more surprising than receiving a tour of the home by a butler that has been dead for decades?  That's a "Big Boo".
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

I swear #19, the Woodruff Fontaine House, was designed to look haunted... :lol: I love the architecture, but wow, it sure looks spooky. Is it me or does the windows at the top of the tower, look like a face screaming?

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:04 AM

I've always had a deep seated appreciation for architecture, Mac.  No matter where I find myself, I always look for the historical districts in cities and towns.  Detroit breaks my heart every time we go there.  What were once beautiful homes are now nothing more than derelict structures.  There are some neighborhoods that were bought up and renovated but they are few compared to what was once there.  Very sad.

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

View PostMenet, on 04 September 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

I've always had a deep seated appreciation for architecture, Mac.  No matter where I find myself, I always look for the historical districts in cities and towns.  Detroit breaks my heart every time we go there.  What were once beautiful homes are now nothing more than derelict structures.  There are some neighborhoods that were bought up and renovated but they are few compared to what was once there.  Very sad.

Unfortunately, now a days that's true most everywhere. Take for instance this 57-room mansion in NY city. It was built in the late 1930's and was abandoned in the 1970's. The closet still has shoes in it.

Exterior
Posted Image

Interior Music RoomPosted Image

Shoe Closet
Posted Image

Source

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

I have to say that these clickbait things when it's about haunted houses and mysteries and all this sorts of things are really right up my alley! I love it! Going to go have a read now :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postearthlydelites, on 05 September 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

I have to say that these clickbait things when it's about haunted houses and mysteries and all this sorts of things are really right up my alley! I love it! Going to go have a read now :D

Clickbait.  lol   They got me with anything that has the word haunted in it.  I can't get through most of it but when they start showing pictures of houses, I'm hooked. (even a good occurence)

I love to look at blueprints especially if they have been altered.  It's a lot of fussing around and I know nothing about reproducing blueprints but make sure that one of them is a transparency.  You want to easily see what you are looking at/for.

Have you never stepped back from a location and took a really good look at it?  The angles, how well balanced it appears to be, is there any aspect of it that is unbalanced....if you enjoy looking at houses, you know what I'm talking about.

#7 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 03 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

I swear #19, the Woodruff Fontaine House, was designed to look haunted... :lol: I love the architecture, but wow, it sure looks spooky. Is it me or does the windows at the top of the tower, look like a face screaming?

Posted Image

It's a Belvedere and yes, its creepy.  Supposedly, from the Belvedere, you had views of locations that were worth looking at. (Shrugs)  It doesn't look tall enough.  I snatched up a print of the exterior design features on Victorian houses although there are other names for it as well...copula comes to mind but there were several more.

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:26 PM

True, but we have to take into account, that the location looked much different, at the time it was first erected and that the trees may have not been as tall..

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostMenet, on 05 September 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

Clickbait.  lol   They got me with anything that has the word haunted in it.  I can't get through most of it but when they start showing pictures of houses, I'm hooked. (even a good occurence)

I love to look at blueprints especially if they have been altered.  It's a lot of fussing around and I know nothing about reproducing blueprints but make sure that one of them is a transparency.  You want to easily see what you are looking at/for.

Have you never stepped back from a location and took a really good look at it?  The angles, how well balanced it appears to be, is there any aspect of it that is unbalanced....if you enjoy looking at houses, you know what I'm talking about.

I get you completely Menet! I've recently moved and I've loved walking around looking at new places, checking out the look and feel of all these different locations.

#10 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 05 September 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

True, but we have to take into account, that the location looked much different, at the time it was first erected and that the trees may have not been as tall..

You have a point.  I thought about it but who would put up a Belvedere that is 175 feet tall.  People are still planting stuff to close to their houses or not considering the height a tree reaches when mature which looks like what happened here.  lol

View Postearthlydelites, on 05 September 2016 - 11:34 PM, said:

I get you completely Menet! I've recently moved and I've loved walking around looking at new places, checking out the look and feel of all these different locations.

Sooo, did you buy a house or take an apartment?  What sold you on your new place?  Did you look for a haunted location? :^)

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:25 AM

I'm in an apartment, and it was the one that picked me I believe. i'd been looking for close to 18 months and had a few sales fall through JUST as I was about to head over to pay a deposit or sign on the dotted line. It's a new build, so no activity here (beyond what I bring with me!)

I did go to a place that my parents were looking at and came across a rather violent end for someone who had lived there previously, all the crystals and crosses in the house suddenly made sense after that visit!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hauntings, Homes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users