#21 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:42 PM

Sorry Mac and so sorry Menet  my mistake on names
thank you for letting me know. :)

Edited by ThisIsMeAllUCanC, 12 September 2016 - 03:15 AM.

#22 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

Thank you Mac I appreciate your kindness and class.  The way you speak to people is very nice.  

To Trin please don't come for me or what I know about Haystack.   You are wrong so wrong for trying to make what you are saying as facts. To me you look foolish and why are you trying to pick what I said appart?
I'm sorry are you calling me a liar? It sure seems like it.
I am sorry you couldn't t find a single thing before blair witch. You could of ask me. I would of helped you,
I guess the fact I am a living person who was here when this all happened means nothing

. I could careless about the movie. I was shocked when it came out, and so were a lot of others here. It was to close to the story here to be anything else in our eyes. You were not here, so why guess with no evidence? Sounds like your basically calling me a liar.
Just so you know the green quote above is bull. The historical society is laughable. Do you know them? If Benanti wants info on how to get a hold of these people I can help him also( He didn't even try) Since when have they kept good records? When they were writing and making plans for city, but conveniently left off haystack? Or was it when the tried calling area Steamer Landing which is 2 mils down the river? Oh I could babble on with facts but I don't want to waste my time. Think about it anyone can lie and historical society included.
I guess I'm really confused about why you or *-Holzer would have more credibility on somewhere you said yourself never heard of?
Wait what you said was really confusing >>>

which is it?  Did you hear of it after the movie or now.  I could go on
Oh and just so you know, Holzer who I am sure is great at whatever he does would agree he couldn't have been to every haunted location its just not possible, my proof is Math.
What does one have to do to document a haunted house? Do I have to get slimed? or get my head chopped off? What qualifications does one need My favorite word today is Quantifiable. l.
Bottom line here it really doesn't matter who you are , or what you think you know, I can tell you your wrong. No hard feelings I wouldn't believe anyone who doesn't have the facts.
So weird how Benanti ranks, why not ask somewhere like the sheriffs office, or are their reports lies also?
It really gets my goat

PS I am not correcting this either so good luck understanding my Typeonese.

#23 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,535 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

ThisIsMeAllUCanC, no one is calling you a liar, no need to be so defensive or rude to another member. . It is true that every google result about the place that mentions anything supernatural is tied to the movie, so I can't find anything not tied to the film that mentions the paranormal. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there is little to no public records. BTW I'm guessing the movie was a flop, there's very little online about it, aside that it's about a professor and his students visiting a haunted house
Posted Image

#24 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

I did not say you did I?  I don't like being told what I know as fact to be told by other that I maybe mistaken or flat out wrong.  I think its pretty rude to  say anything the way trin did.    I am not a mean person I just stick to facts.  I'm not sure how you can see it other wise?

The only movie that came out was Blair Witch why is nobody getting this.  I think its the only movie that was based on Haystack.  Not the other way around.    If there is a Movie based on it it is Blaire Witch.  It will piece together sometime.

I am sorry you think I am rude you couldn't be more wrong..  Things that upset me are people who hurt animals and people who don't know the facts but talk like they do.  Maybe its just me  sorry if that is so awful .

I am sure if you told your story and I wrote a post like she did to me you'd be just fine with it.  If I was out of line kinda like you are now,  then you have my apologies.

#25 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostThisIsMeAllUCanC, on 11 September 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Sorry Mac and so sorry Menet  my mistake on names
thank you for letting me know. :)

We are good!  Let us know what kind of gold you dig up on the Haystack!
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#26 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

BTW The professor was at ucla,  and two of the students are director for the amazing race and other shows and other shows.  Then one is actor I think in horror films.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm

I'm not sure exactly where everyone is not getting much info from internet I have a huge binder full of stuff?

What is it that you would like to find maybe I can help

#27 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Menet  you will be first to know anything I find new.  Something just is not right about the whole thing.  I really could care less about the movies they really don't matter much.  Here is a golden thing or a fact my father would warn us children never to go near the place and told us stories of the place then, that was over 30 years ago.

.  Where can I get me some of those glasses they are fabulous
Cheers

#28 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostThisIsMeAllUCanC, on 12 September 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Menet  you will be first to know anything I find new.  Something just is not right about the whole thing.  I really could care less about the movies they really don't matter much.  Here is a golden thing or a fact my father would warn us children never to go near the place and told us stories of the place then, that was over 30 years ago.

.  Where can I get me some of those glasses they are fabulous
Cheers

Hi!  Interview your dad and check with others in the neighborhood.  Sometimes you have to dig for it.

Snapchat.   The other pictures didn't look like me at all...I let my niece pick out the picture.  She took it.  We had a riot!!
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#29 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,535 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

BTW here is the link regarding the movie. As I said, it apparently was a flop  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400533/
Posted Image

#30 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:17 PM

I have found in my online researching of this subject, it seems the house is gone. It burned down on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 at 1:04 am and the barn was demolished.

Argus-Courier
Haystack Landing house destroyed by fire
An early morning fire Tuesday gutted a well-known south Petaluma home, leaving nothing behind but a cement pad, fire officials said. The historic Haystack Landing house, billed by some as "the world's most haunted location," burned to the ground shortly after 1:40 a.m. Tuesday.

Jerry Corda, chief of the San Antonio Fire Company, said engines from several departments responded to the early morning call but when firefighters arrived, "it was pretty much fully involved" and the home couldn't be saved. "It must have burned pretty fast," said Corda, who lives near the property and saw the sky over a neighboring hill fill with an orange glow.

The house, built in the middle of a marshy area a few miles south of the city, dates to the 1800s and was once part of a port for ships traveling the Petaluma River. It was considered an important gateway to Petaluma. "There’s a lot of history behind that building," Corda said. Firefighters prevented the flames from spreading further, he said. Corey Youn

Source

At some point in time between the spring and autumn of 2004, the historic home was destroyed in a fire and the barns and other buildings were removed or demolished, with approval of the Landmarks Commission. However in a subsequent site visit in January of  2006, archaeologists concurred that the site remains historically significant and that there is a high probability of buried archaeological deposits on-site.

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#31 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 12 September 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

ThisIsMeAllUCanC, no one is calling you a liar, no need to be so defensive or rude to another member. . It is true that every google result about the place that mentions anything supernatural is tied to the movie, so I can't find anything not tied to the film that mentions the paranormal. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there is little to no public records. BTW I'm guessing the movie was a flop, there's very little online about it, aside that it's about a professor and his students visiting a haunted house

additionally the Historical society local to that area (and is sited as a source on the other sites) says that they have never heard of anything like the professor or the investigators killed there.
It seems to have been something that happened fairly recently.  (not even 50 years ago) It would have been a huge local news story, and not even *that* is coming up.

I don't think anyone is a liar, I do suspect that someone has intentionally misled the person reporting this story to us.  

There's SOOOoo may places that claim to be "the Most Haunted" but they end up pretty well documented. (Including sites in the itty bitty town where I went to school)
For there to be *nothing* in the way of articles or stories about the house online prior to the movie, makes me suspect that Movie PR has gotten deeply entwined in the local lore, rather than the other way around.

(As if we were doing Historical research, we look at the age of the articles, and what seems to be the triggering events. and the pieces don't match up the way they should.)

View PostMacCGStudy, on 12 September 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

I have found in my online researching of this subject, it seems the house is gone. It burned down on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 at 1:04 am and the barn was demolished.

Source

Source

Document #1, is pretty much "local reportedly haunted house burned down"  nothing about the supposed event with the investigators killed.
absolutely NO information about the supposed haunting.

Document #2 is pretty much just a "there's this old house here, and a brief descriptive history of the property" and nothing stands out as being documentation of haunting, or of the mass murder that supposedly happened there.  (there's some discussion about some important-ish people from local history affiliated with the house, and that the property may have native artifacts. )  This doesn't support "it's haunted" or "investigators died here in a violent event."

the site the OP posted initially is promotional for the movie.

There's been a few movies, and the PR for similar movies, that have resulted in making people very certain that something actually happened, or was a local legend, when prior to the movie, it really hadn't been, or had been a general "haunted house story" but then so inflated and things added to it, to the point where any of the original stories don't match the current version at all.

Edited by trin, 12 September 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#32 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

i
2nd time typing this it vanished after explaining everything.

In short Menet I bet you are a riot to be around, and I am way ahead of you everyone I meet I ask about Haystack, girl I am into this knee deep lol My Father would be 100 if he were alive he had me in his 60's Yikessss.My mom 20 years younger than him, and I have a younger sister also.

Vlawde great job only it never made it past that attempt of webpage to seem like it did.  I will tell you the first line about the sheriff is exactly was what was in his report of real deal.   Here is something to make you wonder, one of the students from professors group in at the bottom as a friend?  Things that make you go hmmm.  Right?  Come on you know you want to find out more, the story has so many holes in it it smells like bad swiss cheese.

Mac your just all that and a bag of chips.  I cant write the big story I had here before but in short Corda saw the fire over the hill where his house is.  Luckily he is a Fireman so he rushes there unable to do anything he waits for fire fighters but when they get there its burned to ground.  So very lucky none of adjacent fields caught on fire they all have very high and dry weeds.  So lucky it was almost like it was controlled by someone, but Corda was first one there.  Well better off everyone that lived near it hated it.  Can you feel me? Great job though

I hope I got a bug in everyone shorts.  Lets figure this out together.  We can do this YIPPPPPEEEEE :th_evil: :th_evil:

Oh btw can we right now just say I type terribly and I forget somethings like words and other things.  

So we can just get that out of the way.  I type with two fingers and 100 words an hour lolol Sadly I am not kidding. So if everyone can read through my typonese then we should be good and its deal with.  I suck at typing and I'm ok with it.   Please don't let it fool you.  I am incredibly intelligent and have the common sense of 20 people, I am a great investigator.   :confused0068: :confused0068:​

I will respond to last post after I feed my animals and eat

#33 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

and then there's this, that has come to the same conclusion....
http://somelocalgraf...ck-landing.html

Story about the Indians avoiding the land, and the missionary suicide also seem to originate with the movie.

Is there another name we should be hunting down the house under? (or stories about the house)

#34 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

View Posttrin, on 12 September 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

additionally the Historical society local to that area (and is sited as a source on the other sites) says that they have never heard of anything like the professor or the investigators killed there.
It seems to have been something that happened fairly recently.  (not even 50 years ago) It would have been a huge local news story, and not even *that* is coming up.

I don't think anyone is a liar, I do suspect that someone has intentionally misled the person reporting this story to us.  

There's SOOOoo may places that claim to be "the Most Haunted" but they end up pretty well documented. (Including sites in the itty bitty town where I went to school)
For there to be *nothing* in the way of articles or stories about the house online prior to the movie, makes me suspect that Movie PR has gotten deeply entwined in the local lore, rather than the other way around.

(As if we were doing Historical research, we look at the age of the articles, and what seems to be the triggering events. and the pieces don't match up the way they should.)

Document #1, is pretty much "local reportedly haunted house burned down"  nothing about the supposed event with the investigators killed.
absolutely NO information about the supposed haunting.

Document #2 is pretty much just a "there's this old house here, and a brief descriptive history of the property" and nothing stands out as being documentation of haunting, or of the mass murder that supposedly happened there.  (there's some discussion about some important-ish people from local history affiliated with the house, and that the property may have native artifacts. )  This doesn't support "it's haunted" or "investigators died here in a violent event."

the site the OP posted initially is promotional for the movie.

There's been a few movies, and the PR for similar movies, that have resulted in making people very certain that something actually happened, or was a local legend, when prior to the movie, it really hadn't been, or had been a general "haunted house story" but then so inflated and things added to it, to the point where any of the original stories don't match the current version at all.

:confused:  Yes, I know trin. I purposely posted those source links, to show that it wasn't, factually speaking, an actual haunted house. First source states

"billed by some as "the world's most haunted location"
and the second has no mention of it actually being haunted. Just that it was historic.

"autumn of 2004, the historic home was destroyed in a fire and the barns and other buildings were removed or demolished"

Posted Image

My Shop

#35 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

Can we just agree something is not right here?

Like I said you are not from here and  have no idea who does what to who for how much.  I myself have talked to everyone I could have I have been down town many times, and strange enough Historical society was the ones who found a land map of my other half family who lived near Haystack its a land map and haystack property is there, with the owners name of that time.

The historical society a few years ago maybe 15 or so wanted nothing to do with haystack.  I'n 1952 the area was left off the maps.  I have came up with some maps on some they say location of Haystack Is its own District, on newer its in Petaluma.  There is also a map with haystack on it but they are claiming it to be a landing 2 miles down river.  Name of place is Steamer Landing.  I haven't for the life of me figured out why they did that.

"Document #1, is pretty much "local reportedly haunted house burned down"  nothing about the supposed event with the investigators killed.
absolutely NO information about the supposed haunting.  I feel I should let the part of absolutely no evidence alone,   because you will never grow fond of me.  
"

I am not sure of what investigator being killed that is new,  However when haystack burned down it was a huge thing here, it was a suspicious fire. Because people living near it wanted it gone including my Fathers family and My brother who lived close by.  It has been a haunted house as long as I have been alive and we will say 40ish on that<<<<<I'm fibbing kind of only about age only.

"I don't think anyone is a liar, I do suspect that someone has intentionally misled the person reporting this story to us.  

For there to be *nothing* in the way of articles or stories about the house online prior to the movie, makes me suspect that Movie PR has gotten deeply entwined in the local lore, rather than the other way around.  " Raising Hand I was here!

]Then I must be misleading myself I am the one who feeds me any info.  Well I only trust my word because of work went into it.   Your absolutely right something doesn't add up but It is wrapped around Historical records and the town not wanting to claim any of it. Until recently.

This town is lacking on things Id rather not say what lol

95 was the year professor and students came to haystack.  Since then there has been a husband and wife killed there, about 4 or 5 homeless people and a lot of scared mediums and other spiritually people who have tried to heal the land.  I don't care what the historical society says they don't seem to be able to locate anything on the people who came to ask about haystack,  did they acknowledge that film people were here?  Cause it kind of sounds like he almost messed up saying he couldn't contact them?  Which means he knows who they are right?  HMMMMMM Of course they do because they asked them most of questions about the place, even though the didn't  have any  records on haystack because they wanted zero to do with.  Wait I'm not sure of the husband and wife I will have to check that. But the other 4 or 5 Fact

The murders were in the paper, still confused about investigator who was killed?

I can help what is it you want to see exactly I can probably find something

PS please don't get the historical society all fired up it will make things hard to request viewings of records :)
Thank You

Think we could be the forum that finally solved this mystery....not so big where you are but here and areas around here big deal.   I have a secret person I will be seeing soon who knows a lot of stuff on Haystack

My brain hurts and my eyes look like hell

Night all

Can I change my name?  Is that possible? cheers

#36 ThisIsMeAllUCanC

ThisIsMeAllUCanC

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:25 PM

Yes They ttried calling it Steamer Landing, Walls estate.  It really help a bunch if you put The Haystack Landing.  There is a victims page on the movie site place I think.  It wasn't there long ago but I saw it recently.  I have seen everything you guys have found many times.  Miwok Indians to be exact.  I wonder if my dad was prophet like casey.  Please don't call Miwoks I will be seeing them soon.

Thank You great stuff you guys are finding.

#37 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:42 AM

The Professor etc is what I meant by the "investigator"

Is there a newspaper article from 95 when it happened that you can scan and post? Because THAT and the other murder have NOTHING on like that link to the searches about the house.
You'd think that scans of the articles would have been a main part of a site about the history of the house, particularly the haunted/ weird angle.

I'm not local, so I can't just go to the local library and ask for a scan of the newspaper from when it happened.
I've done research as a History Student (back a Looooong time ago hahahaha)  but there's ways that data fits together or doesn't fit together, and this has the "big deal movie promotion about a while squad of college students and their professor being killed there"  that's throwing a lot of fiction disguised as "first hand account" in with what might possibly be fact, So a LOT more data is needed to sort that out. Data in the form of "primary resources" which would be the original newspaper accounts, interview with the officers on the scene, etc.  

For a building that's supposedly "the most haunted" there's very little data that comes up under a search and almost all of it, is deeply entangled with "Movie promotional" stuff.

People have been intially very confused about the reality/fiction of both things like _Blair Witch_ and _St. Francisville Experiment_  both of Which are either entirely or 99% fiction, (and there's been several others with the same problem, usually not big budget films and relying on :"viral marketing" and presenting themselves as first hand/ true accounts/ footage of disastrous investigation) and I've seen these art projects actually BECOME urban legends in sometimes horrific ways. <Slender man orriginated as a contest entry with stories and photoshop.... and turned into an area murder by middle school kids. :(   >)

#38 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

Just a comparison of how search result come up between several known haunted houses:

Borley Rectory (had to narrow it down with haunting, because it's got too many results otherwise)
https://www.google.c...ectory haunting

High School now a Middle school in a small town in Indiana, The land was previously a Cemetary, and the original part of the school built in the early 1900s
https://www.google.c...l Michigan city

even a search of "haunted Chicago" or another city, gets some detailed lists, should I be looking that way? Is it actually IN Petaluma?

Here's a discussion I found, and the link to a newspaper story get's a 404. *sigh*
http://spookyweirdne...a5-ff962a9ce8ff

search of the newspaper's site just gets this:
http://www.pressdemo...C&days=all&pub=

and then there's
https://www.google.c...landing murders

https://www.google.c...sterious deaths

I can't find even one report of anyone there to investigate the place dying there, let alone a gory murder of a professor and his spouse or a crew of students.
I can't find much of anything in the way of articles about the haunting scanned or posted that predate the film just a few years ago.
Searching under the supposed professor's name with the house, only got me links to the film.

Perhaps someone's google-fu is much stronger than mine?  

But a scan of a newspaper article from the time would be an amazing find, as it'd be a primary resource, and the problem with nearly everything online, is that it's secondary resources. Which would more often inflate the event rather than deflate it.

#39 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:39 AM

View Posttrin, on 13 September 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

... Searching under the supposed professor's name with the house, only got me links to the film.

Perhaps someone's google-fu is much stronger than mine?  ...

I had to do a lot of digging, to find anything about a Professor Richard Williams, who worked at UCLA, in 1995. Also, I couldn't find anything, about his being at the house, during the time period or at any time. Also, he goes by the name Stan Williams, not Rick Williams.

The only thing I found about a Rick Williams, was there being an actor  in the film, named Rick Williams on the IMDB.

Richard Stanley Williams (born 1951) is research scientist in the field of nanotechnology and a Senior Fellow and the founding director of the Quantum Science Research Laboratory at Hewlett-Packard. He has over 57 patents, with 40 more patents pending.[1] At HP, he led a group that developed a working solid state version of Leon Chua's memristor.
Williams earned a bachelor's degree in chemical physics in 1974 from Rice University and a Ph.D. in physical chemistry from the University of California, Berkeley in 1978. After graduating, he worked at Bell Labs before joining the faculty at UCLA, where he served as a professor from 1980 to 1995. He then joined HP Labs as director of its Information and Quantum Systems Lab.

Source

Posted Image

My Shop

#40 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 13 September 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I had to do a lot of digging, to find anything about a Professor Richard Williams, who worked at UCLA, in 1995. Also, I couldn't find anything, about his being at the house, during the time period or at any time. Also, he goes by the name Stan Williams, not Rick Williams.

The only thing I found about a Rick Williams, was there being an actor  in the film, named Rick Williams on the IMDB.

Source

Yep, and he's not dead, and hasn't taught Parapsychology.  

Also the additional search terms steamboat landing and walls estate, get search result locations in other states not the Sonoma county, Petaluma, california area.

If we leave off the UCLA (as it may be a missleading clue) it still goes absolutely nowhere as a clue. The name doesn't fit into the puzzle at all.... outside of the connection via the film.
I keep feeling like I'm running into an example of _St Francisville Experiment_ where the local folklore (and presumed data because now "everyone remembers seeing abou tthe murders in the paper" even though there wasn't anything at the time) has been shaped by the "based on a true story" or presented in the form of "found footage" film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users