20 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:45 PM

It has been rumored that Bobby Mackey's is going to be torn shortly.  They are extending the AA Highway all the way down to the Ohio River on the KY side to the Levee.  Work has begun and they are bulldozing housing and working their way to Bobby's.  If you are planning on visiting you better do it quick.  I live about 3 miles from there.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

You ever been inside, sense anything? I'm wondering if Ghost Adventures there was all BS
Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Oh wow!   I guess I'll never get out there.   My friend whose floor I'd crash on is currently in CA for the winter for work.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

You ever been inside, sense anything? I'm wondering if Ghost Adventures there was all BS

I think so too. GH investigated there and disproved a lot of what GA said was around. IMO, at times I believe Zak is a drama queen.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

That's strange - the place has always been high on the lists of 'most haunted' places - anyone worth their salt in paranormal investigation know about Bobby Mackeys!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

I have been there.  I also did readings in Wanda Kay's Ghost shop in Newport, Ky.  Wanda was a tour guide there for about 10 years.  She even wrote a book about it....Wicked they Walk and did research for 3 years.  I personally did not feel much of anything when I did a walk thru.  I went on a Sunday afternoon and 3 cars were broken into while we were inside.

You have to go back to 1896 to my home town of Ft. Thomas, Ky.  A headless body of a woman was found.  she was later identified as Pearl Bryan, a 22 yr old girl from Indiana.  She was in love with a dental student who lived in Cincinnati, Oh...which is directly across the river here. maybe 4 miles or so.  she became pregnant and came to Cincy for an abortion performed by the 2 dental students.  It was botched and she died.  They decided to decapitate her so she could not be identified, but she had an ID# in her shoes that matched the box at her home.  Pearl had been reported missing.

The 2 men went to trial.  They never did tell what they did with the head and they were the last 2 people to be hung at a public hanging here in Campbell Co.  My grandmother attended the hangings.  Her mother begged then at the gallows to please tell them where her head was but they refused. So nobody for sure know where her head is but most think they threw it off the bridge when they were returning to Cinti.

Thus the story was created that her head was thrown down the well at BM "gateway to Hell" which is really just a sink hole in the basement with a red lightbulb shining down into it.

BM has been featured on a lot of ghost shows.  Wanda Kay took Zach on a tour and I think they did a follow up show.

The building looks like a falling down fire trap at the moment.  It is by the Licking River on what is now the AA Highway.

If any spirits where there I would think it would be when the place was run by the Mob.   Goggle Newport Ky syndicate or gangsters and you will read very interesting things.

Do you remember the Beverly Hills Supper Club fire where 186 lost their lives and burned to death in the fire????  It was mob related,,,the fire that is.

They used to find bodies all along Licking pike where the mob dumped them.  I would not be surprised if a few murders took place at BM when it was the old Latin Quarter.

Stories say Pearl and the 2 now demonic dentists haunt BM.   I don't think so.

Interesting note:  we have a museum here and it has the actual leather bag her head was reported to be carried in complete with blood stains on display.

The place is steeped in history but I do not think it is teeming with ghosts as claimed.  One guy wrote a book about it and I was told he later said the whole book was a hoax.   Who knows.  I don't think it that haunted.

GOOD READING GOOGLE

Pearl Bryan
Newport Ky   there is a book called Syndicate Wife and Razzle Dazzle if you are interested in mafia history.
Wanda Kay    Wicked they walk

I can't think what the name of the show is that Zack is on, bit if you google it I think Wanda's interview is on it.  She is now recovering from cancer and was forced to close her shop.

Amethyst

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#7 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

I could not figure out how to edit....I'm old....so I wanted to add that Beverly Hills Supper club is about 3 miles from BM in Southgate, Ky.  I remember the night it burned down.  It was horrible.  It was in court for years saying faulty wiring but eye witnesses tell a different story.

If you read ...the beverly hills supper club ; the untold story....it will give you food for thought.  MANY employees saw suspicious activity but were too afraid to say anything.  I had a friend that survived the fire but suffered PTSD and committed suicide.

Reading this book is quite disturbing, but interesting.

Amethyst

As a side note, I drive by the site all the time.  At dusk one day I saw a woman in an evening dress standing at the end of the driveway and then she vanished.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the info, Ame! The show is Ghost Adventures. From what I've read, Bobby Mackey himself doesn't think the place is haunted, but is happy to use that angle if it means more business. I think there is even a sign near the entrance warning people of a haunting.

Ghost Adventures overall is way over the top. Zak says it's one of the most evil places he's been, one of the (now passed) caretakers there supposedly was possessed, with it on video, the GA crew says stuff followed them home etc etc. Never really bought it all
Posted Image

#9 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

The caretaker was a guy named Carl.  It is rumored he was drunk not possessed but put on a hellofa  show.  There is a sign warning you it may be haunted.  Also somebody tried to sue BM because they said an unknown spirit attacked them in the bathroom....I think they drank the 'spirit" and fell.

Wanda has some wild stories, but at $10 a pop to tour ......well, you know

I do not care for most of the ghost shows they have now.  My locate team P,I,N,K  does a great job.

If you come to Newport, Ky walk thru the Antique Mall on Monmouth St.  OMG...that place was spooky and weird stuff always happened there.  I was there setting up an auction and PINK went thru it and got a ton of stuff.

Vlawde, I am with you.....I have to experience it for myself.......now, Waverly Hospital...that is a great place.

Amethyst

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:53 AM

Supposedly the owner Tina is unnaturally attached to the place and hates to leave for any reason.
Posted Image

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:14 AM

Vlawde - would that be living or passed owner? :P

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

Living. Owners actually, Tina and Charles Mattingly. They bought it in 2001 and have been restoring it with the local historical society.  They do tons of ghost tours, haunted house deals around Halloween etc. Ghosthunters, Ghost Adventures and virtually all paranormal TV shows have been there.

On Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks, Charles and Tina were interviewed by Zak at wherever they film Aftershocks (Vegas, I assume)  They made a big deal about Tina not wanting to ever leave because it freaks her out, she feels protective of the place and rarely leaves. Of course, we are talking about Zak, so it's safe to take all that with a grain of salt! :D
Posted Image

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

hmm I wonder how she's going with the news that it's going?

I've watched this place on a few shows and read about it and there's something about it that gives me the creeps for sure!

#14 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:29 AM

It IS creepy but I think it is because it looks like it is falling apart and appears to be leaning.  It has a lot of add-ons

#15 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 19 October 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

Living. Owners actually, Tina and Charles Mattingly. They bought it in 2001 and have been restoring it with the local historical society.  They do tons of ghost tours, haunted house deals around Halloween etc. Ghosthunters, Ghost Adventures and virtually all paranormal TV shows have been there.

On Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks, Charles and Tina were interviewed by Zak at wherever they film Aftershocks (Vegas, I assume)  They made a big deal about Tina not wanting to ever leave because it freaks her out, she feels protective of the place and rarely leaves. Of course, we are talking about Zak, so it's safe to take all that with a grain of salt! :D

Zak is a drama queen. He calls drama in the paranormal field paradrama. Which is funny because any type of drama I've seen between   TAPS & him is caused by him. He made such a huge deal when TAPS investigated Bob Mackey's and they said they thought some of the things said about the place were a bit overblown. He started calling out Grant and Jason on twitter demanding an apology and wanted an explanation. Even though JH and GW never said their names in anyway.  

If there ever was any beef between the two shows it was something he created. I've never heard or seen anything written where anyone in the TAPS crew talked bad about Ghost Adventures. Jason couldnt figure out why Zak had such a problem with him and TAPS. Matter of fact, I've heard and seen Jason say that he respects Zak and his crew. "TAPS and Ghost adventures go about things differently but their goal is the same"

During Zak's show Aftershock. They interviewed people from a place in Mississippi. The guy said he thought TAPS (Never called them by name) but there isnt but one paranormal investigating show on thats long running besides GH and GA. Anyway, he thought they put up satanic symbols before they left on the walls of the place.

Man, Zak ran with it. He started accusing them of doing it as well. However after the show aired. Zak didnt show up on twitter for a couple of days and never brought it up when asked about it. Jason brought it up on his podcast the Monday after the show aired. And he said he wanted to meet with Zak and talk and try to clear things up. Even invited him on his podcast. Zak would have nothing to do with it.

However Zak does seem to be getting over his Little man syndrome at least for a little while. There was a convention in Michigan couple of weeks ago and GA and GH were there (except Jason) and they were all buddy buddy and taking pic's with each other.  

In saying that, I'm not a big fan of Zak. I watch his show because of my love for the field. In my opinion he's paradiva

Edited by capn b, 20 October 2016 - 06:44 PM.

Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#16 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:46 PM

I saw the pic on twitter of Zak and Steve together. Yup, too much drama and theatrics versus TAPS..who investigate the proper way
Posted Image

#17 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

I've always enjoyed hearing about this place. Regardless of whether it is haunted or not there seems to be a lot of history with it. Seems like I always learn something new about it everytime it is mentioned.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

I just want to know, what did Jay's dog sense in the post. Maybe when it's torn down they'll find something there.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:27 AM

UPDATE!   I belong to a Campbell County group on FB and posed the question is is really being torn down????

Bobby Mackey himself replied and said NO, IT IS NOT.   So there you have it....I was given wrong info.

Amethyst

#20 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Postcapn b, on 20 October 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

Zak is a drama queen. He calls drama in the paranormal field paradrama. Which is funny because any type of drama I've seen between   TAPS & him is caused by him. He made such a huge deal when TAPS investigated Bob Mackey's and they said they thought some of the things said about the place were a bit overblown. He started calling out Grant and Jason on twitter demanding an apology and wanted an explanation. Even though JH and GW never said their names in anyway.  

If there ever was any beef between the two shows it was something he created. I've never heard or seen anything written where anyone in the TAPS crew talked bad about Ghost Adventures. Jason couldnt figure out why Zak had such a problem with him and TAPS. Matter of fact, I've heard and seen Jason say that he respects Zak and his crew. "TAPS and Ghost adventures go about things differently but their goal is the same"

During Zak's show Aftershock. They interviewed people from a place in Mississippi. The guy said he thought TAPS (Never called them by name) but there isnt but one paranormal investigating show on thats long running besides GH and GA. Anyway, he thought they put up satanic symbols before they left on the walls of the place.

Man, Zak ran with it. He started accusing them of doing it as well. However after the show aired. Zak didnt show up on twitter for a couple of days and never brought it up when asked about it. Jason brought it up on his podcast the Monday after the show aired. And he said he wanted to meet with Zak and talk and try to clear things up. Even invited him on his podcast. Zak would have nothing to do with it.

However Zak does seem to be getting over his Little man syndrome at least for a little while. There was a convention in Michigan couple of weeks ago and GA and GH were there (except Jason) and they were all buddy buddy and taking pic's with each other.  

In saying that, I'm not a big fan of Zak. I watch his show because of my love for the field. In my opinion he's paradiva

That's probably why the original Ghost Adventures line-up of Zak, Aaron and Nick broke up (well, Nick left), Zak was getting ridiculous.

I used to watch GA a lot but it just got stupid after a few seasons. The early stuff was good but the show just got dumber as it went on.

It was always over-the-top, though, even early-on and I realized that at least some of the evidence could've been faked or blown way out of proportion.

I believe most of the places may be genuine and some of the evidence is real but I also think some of it is the mindset of Zak and co.

For example of the latter....Let's talk Bobby Mackey's....The place may be haunted but it likely has ZILCH to do with devils, Satanic cults or Pearl Bryan's death. Much of the "evil" reputation is due to stories told by folks who've had one-too-many, exaggerations, myths and visitors who are believers who see things as more epic or sinister than they really are.

Much of what one experiences at an allegedly-haunted site can depend on one's perception of the place and the stories told. The less you know about a place, the better things will be for investigations. Anyway; You have this Country music bar that allegedly has something going on....but then there's all these weird stories about devils and evil and whatever. Throw in a 19th Century manslaughter case that had NOTHING to do with this place and happened MILES AWAY and the rantings of a caretaker who may have had "issues" and you get a hot-spot for Satan.

People go in with the mindset of "THIS PLACE IS EVIL!" and that's exactly what they will perceive!

WHAT'S CERTAIN: The club was once a meat-packing plant and that "well" was where they would pipe out the cow guts/blood into the river (this was waaaay before the EPA). The place may have been run by mobsters, later on. If there's ghost, they're likely mob-related. The mysterious cowboy-hat-clad shadow ghost G.A. allegedly captured on film....
Posted Image
....Could have been a mobster ghost wearing a fedora.

One thing that convinced me that G.A. may not be 100% genuine were these things....
  • Reading up on a site about Bobby Mackeys and the debunking of some of the alleged history.
  • The "Slag Wormwood" stories in the Sloss Furnace episode. They treat "Slag" like he was a real person when he was actually a character made up for a "Haunted House"-type attraction, there. Also; Some of the stories associated with Sloss may actually be connected to another related operation miles away. Sloss may be haunted but some details are shifty.
  • The Exorcist House....They did not go to the real house and many of the TRUE details are not what was presented. I remember sharing a website about this case, here. Also; Most of the exorcism took place at a hospital.
Finally; Many places are not what they seem. The Rose Hall stories are not true and they came from a cheesy 1920's pulp novel.

I realized that G.A. isn't 100% genuine. It's fun to watch and I enjoy the spookiness and the antics of Zak, Aaron and Nick (as if they were characters in a cartoon, like a sort of 'Paranormal Three Stooges')....but much of it should be looked at skeptically.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 17 January 2017 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users