• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rphwrites

rphwrites

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

I live about 2 hours from Bobby Mackey's. One of my readers came down from Minnesota to tour it and invited me to meet her there. I had never watched any of the shows about it and knew nothing of the history. (I knew that it was meant to be very haunted but didn't know anything specific.) I have to say, I was a little disappointed. It seemed like the other 3 people (my reader, her sister, and the guide) were hearing and seeing things that my friend and I were not. I don't know if they were more sensitive or if they were just hearing things that honestly weren't there. I am no stranger to ghosts and have lived in more than one haunted house in my life. I make a living of writing about haunted houses. But I didn't feel or see a darn thing there. With that being said, my EVP device DID pick up on a few things. In the ballroom it said "Brianna" and "poison." (Johanna is the woman who was meant to have killed herself after her boyfriend was almost murdered.) In Carl's apartment it said "decapitated" and "hung." (A woman's head was meant to have been thrown in the well and the site was once a gallows.) In the basement there is a room with lots of children's belongings because a child's ghost it meant to be there. It said "kids" and then "stop pictures." At that point I stopped taking pictures, to be respectful. :-)

#2 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

There's more than a few people who have said Bob Mackey's wasnt cracked up to the reputation the show Ghost Adventures made it out to be.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

True, it may not have as much paranormal activity going on, compared to what GA was supposed to have found.  Because seriously, Zach tends be a bit over-dramatic. "it's a scary ghost... Ahhhhh!"  or "I've been possessed...  Ahhhhh!"   Sorry I couldn't help that. :D

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 13 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

True, it may not have as much paranormal activity going on, compared to what GA was supposed to have found.  Because seriously, Zach tends be a bit over-dramatic. "it's a scary ghost... Ahhhhh!"  or "I've been possessed...  Ahhhhh!"   Sorry I couldn't help that. :D

ROFL!!!!!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

:evilgrin0042: :D

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Faranormal

Faranormal

Orb

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

I want to get my teeth into the most fearsome and haunted places in the World. Bring on the demons.

But I'd think for a while about whether I'd really want to go in to Bobby Mackey's after closing time.

Posted Image

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

I'm betting at worst you'd find passed out drunks! ;)
Posted Image

#8 Faranormal

Faranormal

Orb

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 17 November 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

I'm betting at worst you'd find passed out drunks! ;)

Any place with living people has potential danger.
My equipment is expensive, so it's not the ghosts that are gonna try and take it from me.

Posted Image

#9 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Didn't it come up that the woman wasn't actually killed and disposed of at Bobby Mackey's, but somewhere either adjacent or down the street? I can't remember where I saw that, but it sort of stuck with me because I had seen the GA investigations and then went, hmmmm, something's not right here.

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostTarinya, on 05 July 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Didn't it come up that the woman wasn't actually killed and disposed of at Bobby Mackey's, but somewhere either adjacent or down the street? I can't remember where I saw that, but it sort of stuck with me because I had seen the GA investigations and then went, hmmmm, something's not right here.

I believe GH debunked most of GA's evidence.

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users