3 replies to this topic

#1 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Sorry that I've been absent but I've been dog sitting and other stuff that you get to read about.

I'm so excited!!  I first heard about the house on Scougle Street twenty-two years ago.  There has been bits and pieces over the years.

I've taken pictures of the exterior of the house and transferred them to my computer and then I saw the picture album of what the house on Scougle Street looked like prior to its reconstruction.

It may have been a boarding house because the stairwell is on the outside of the house which I have never seen before.  (Has anyone ever seen that before?)  It looks as though the reconstruction was done using the original footprint of the house.

The pictures in the album are old polaroids and I've mailed EVP for help in reproducing them so I can post them and you will be able to see what it once looked like and what it is now.   (I guess I have to get a Flickr account too...blah)  And there may be more information on this place in the attic.  I'm going back on Halloween.

Here's the game plan:

I'm learning the operating system of my computer (blah) and I'm learning 4 cameras (blah), yet every time I go there, I'll be taking a camera.

With the renters in there now (it's a two family dwelling) there is no talking about what I'm doing there..not on the premises do we talk about it. (remember I've said that hauntings are nosy)

I'm inserting myself into their lives and onto that property.  It's quite a drive from where I live so I won't be there every day and that is unfortunate yet I can stay there and that's A+.

So I hope no one is in a BIG hurry because there is no hurrying the exploration of a haunted place.

Do I think that the house on Scougle Street is haunted?  It's possible.  Major reconstruction of the dwelling in 1986.  Reported manifestations over 20 + years.   It's promising!
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Sounds good Menet :D I can't wait and look forward to your posts
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostMenet, on 28 October 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Do I think that the house on Scougle Street is haunted?  It's possible.  Major reconstruction of the dwelling in 1986.  Reported manifestations over 20 + years.   It's promising!

To offer promise of the unknowing Menet, I think if one is patient, you will find some type of activity whether it comes from a street corner or a Denny's restaurant. From my research, activity at times can be pointed to transient. Some places have a history while other obscure and unknown places might all of a sudden experience a calling. The bits of activity at best (in most situations) are minimal and do not offer an explanation as to why or who. We all like offering a correlation with a dwelling/establishment with a person(s). It allows us to make sense out of the chaos yet that can be faulty reasoning.

I apologize for being redundant, but I still suggest you include an audio recorder for anomalous audio. My highest ratio of paranormal activity comes from audio. Others would agree with this. Some are more fortunate to capture suspected images of paranormal activity but visual phenomena (for myself) is rare to experience. Trying to trap anything legitimate with a camera has the same hit rate of winning the lotto.

At one time we had a dedicated historian to our team and we switched our push in the dwellings history to just one person. The rest of us were left in the dark (pun intended) as to any prior history of signficance. Why you might ask? We speculated some of the activity could be projected by the teams knowledge base and by minimizing it, we might have a clearer understanding of what was actually present instead of of own paranamal creation of distraction.

Looking forward to this multi-visitiaton. One of our favorite locations we explored 20+ times hoping to build a relationship. We never had the same visitor so to speak more than once. To date, none of my communications have come from the same entity more than once. Thus why I suggest "transient." Mieage varies according to many factors. Good luck!

Edited by EVP, 28 October 2017 - 10:18 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#4 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

LOL.  I'm in it for the pictures, but I've been thinking about you because its occurred to me to use a recorder and I might in the long run.  It's way too early to tell.  My plate is full and Scougle Street is full of noise.  Two dogs, two cats and four people plus a profusion of visitors.  (hope they ask me to pet sit and everyone leaves.  It could happen.  LOL)

The only history of the house that I'm interested in is the renovation/reconstruction.  If I can find blueprints in the attic that would be great. And information does come to one in the most unexpected of ways.

For instance, your speaking of transients.  HAHAHAHA.   The House on Scougle Street stood empty for years after the previous owner passed on, and during that time the homeless and those passing through stayed the night for shelter.   You have jarred my memory and I have a new set of steps to track down the original layout of the building.

It's the only history I'm interested in.   Anything else is incidental, coincidental or an assumption.  I'm not going to the library or the historical society.  I don't have a need for names or faces associated with the property unless it's for the original floor plans.  That's it.

As far as relationships with the unknown goes, that's foolishness.  I've been in enough of them to know the goings on are not based in BFF  Rubbish.   At best, one is sharing space.  Anything else is your imagination at work.  (I'll excuse sensitives, mediums, psychics and small children from the aforementioned sentence because I know that the potential for conversation may very well be there)

No.   Thank you!

I'll get to practice my skill set and see how effective I can be.  So a camera seems the easiest course of action....people do win the lottery.  And Jim needs pictures.

I'm in it for the long haul.  The only stopper would be that the owner or myself dies.  That would suck.   Thanks for your assistance, EVP.

I'm sure I will be contacting you...soon.   I leave tomorrow morning and will be gone just long enough to make Kittafur anxious.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com