My House

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 wickedliz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal research, books, anything ancient, historical or "old", baking/cooking, and my family (two-legged and fur kids)

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

Good Afternoon all,

I have been an avid reader on this forum for a little while now. I am absolutely in awe how nice, helpful, and non-judgmental everyone here is.  I feel as if I already know everyone or at least some by their help with others.  

Here’s my story:

I have lived in a house for over 30 years that has some frequent and some infrequent visitors and two residential ghosties, one residual and one intelligent.

When I was 4 my mother, younger brother and I moved in this house with my new stepfather (who owned the house about 10 years prior to marriage to my mother) and his 3 kids. It’s a small wood frame house that is 3 bedrooms, we were packed in like sardines but happy for the most part.

Things were always odd, items disappearing and then returning in odd places, usually not where they would normally belong. For example, jewelry was missing and showed up in a kitchen drawer or eyeglasses missing and reappearing in mail box… sometimes one of us kids were blamed or we joking blamed our “ghost”.  Doors opening and shutting, noises, creeks and groans etc. We had a gutted antique Victrola wind-up phonograph that I would hear playing in the middle of the night. It had not been a working record player in at least 40 or 50 years at the time.

The house itself was built in the 1950’s by an individual and was built as a rental property for workers coming in to the area for the aluminum plant. In the late 1960’s he sold it, my father bought it in 1960-something and no one but our family has lived there. To my knowledge and research no one has “passed” in the house. The land is a different story; I cannot find much history on it other than it may have been farm land. Although few miles north-west from my town was a little township that was established in 1831 and was raided and destroyed in 1840 by the Penateka Comanches. Those who escaped did so by small boat or a schooner in the bay.  They never rebuilt and moved 3 ½ miles south to establish our town.

Our other worldly residents are the residual lady – “she’s” white wispy shadow, she mostly paces around. I catch “her” out of the corner of my eye or when I am in my kitchen cooking because she floats thru.  She isn’t freighting at all. We have a young male; I would guess around 9-11 years old. He’s a little playful guy. He seems to be responsible for missing baubles and such. He would play with my kids toys when they were small, ding-dong ditch the doorbell, spook guests staying over, nothing majorly or over the top theatrical scary. Just bothersome sometimes. He likes to taunt my husband a little, like patting his shoulder or brushing up against him in the hallway, pulling his toes or tickling his feet when he’s in bed. He is also responsible for giving us a startle with disembodied “hellos” occasionally. My mother tells him to stop being spooky and it stops for a while. He is reminded that this is “our house” and he can stay as long as he behaves himself.

For the infrequent visitors – we have one that is really nasty. When I say nasty this thing is spooky.

It makes you feel drained, angry, hateful, and all other negative feelings. It feels like it crawls in bed with me, when I feel it close to me I immediately feel the negative and hear a buzzing sound like bees or insects and I feel like I am wearing a sweater that just came out of the dryer and fully charged with static electricity.  It’s grabby and touchy and I don’t like that.

Thankfully I can tell it to “GO AWAY” this is my home or this “YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE” and it leaves for a long while.   I have used sage on it, hematite, seal of Solomon; I was also advised to use sea salt and dill around doors and windows to keep “evil spirits” at bay.

I also have a shadow figure that is very dark and very tall. I have only caught a glimpse occasionally out of the corner of my eye or when I first walk into a room and in an instant it’s gone.  Until a few weeks ago that is. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and on my return to the bedroom which unlike the rest of the house I keep it very dark. When I opened my door the lamp light from the hallway illuminated part of my bedroom and I saw it; a dark, tall shadow person standing on my husband’s side of the bed.  It looked to be over 6 ½ feet tall with what seemed to look like an elongated head or tall hat. It was bent over my husband and seemed to be “studying” him.( I didn’t feel spooked when I saw it, it didn’t give off a malevolent vibe. )  The bedroom door shut behind me with just a little crack (so my cat can come in and out) so there was a very little crack of light. I went to my side of the bed, it stood straight up and seemed to be surprised at me being there. It made me feel like it was looking directly at me. It floated around the bedpost and crossed the end of the bed on the floor still watching me watching “him” and it floated out the wall to my left. Then again last night I woke up to go to the bathroom and there it was again, stooped over my husband just watching him. (I am a very light sleeper and when I wake up I am usually wide awake) I sat straight up and watched it again. It looked like it lifted an arm and held its hand up, palm out fingers spread wide like it was saying “hi”. Again, it’s not scary, just a little un-nerving at first. Then it disappeared or faded out.

I was just wondering if anyone else has come across this, where a “shadow figure” or spirit, ghost, or whatever we need to label it just seems to be studying us.

I also want to add, I do not try to communicate with them. I do have runes, several decks of tarot cards, pendulum to scry with blessed mirror. I have never used any of these to communicate in my home.

Edited by Jim@GhostStudy, 30 October 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,625 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

WickedLiz... I adjusted your text size and color to make it readable on the screen.
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 wickedliz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal research, books, anything ancient, historical or "old", baking/cooking, and my family (two-legged and fur kids)

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Thank you, I don't know why I was stymied by font color.  :)

#4 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Hi, wickedliz (lol)

You sound like everyone is pretty much settled in and comfortable.   I've never had anything get into bed with me (I think that I might be mad about that) but I do remember the two old ladies staying with us in New York.  Someone came into their room when they were settling down for sleep and walked up to the bedside.  One piped up, "Get into bed or get out".  She was much more comical about it over the breakfast table the following morning and we had a good laugh over it but no one got into bed with her.

Over the years I've been in a few haunted places and hauntings do have the upper hand but only because they are nosy.  They know everything going on in your household.  And that's the way it is.   Try changing something up and see what kind of response you get.  They will attempt to get you back on track, to resume your habit. (whatever that may be)

They are nosy.

Welcome to the board.  I hope you decide to stay and participate.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#5 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Would love to see you put a small camera with a little illumination or even a webcam saving to the laptop, that way you can save a whole night of video. Again with a little illumination.

Some people say that they won't show if camera's are present, and if it does then you'll have proof
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing your experience  freaky :shocked:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

Hello and welcome ! Thanks for sharing your information with us. Wow I agree with Menet, having someone jump into bed is a no no for me - my dad experienced a small creature jumping on him and on the bed for years, only stopped when he moved house! He would only sleep with the door open in the end!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 wickedliz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:10 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome :).  I haven't had the nasty one crawl into bed with me in a while. It seemed to decrease when I married 5 years ago. If I get the creeps or spooky feeling that I would get when it was near before I ignore it. I don't give anything or anyone permission to spook or "harm" me in any way. It decreased tremendously when I moved to another bedroom years ago also. My two teenage stepsons share my former bedroom though. They haven't indicated to me any feelings, sightings, or touches. But they both came to live with us when child protective services and the State pulled them from their mother's home because of abuse. I am on guard constantly for the "poltergeist activity" that occurs with emotional and angry teens but so far it's quiet. - thankfully.  When my daughter was a teen and all the drama and emotions that come with a 15-17 year old girl were torture. These boys have mental issues that come from being abused, the severe PTSD, emotional and anger problems. So far it's quiet.
I may try a small camera, there is a little dim light that shines from under bedroom door - it may be enough.

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hello and welcome. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I know what it's like to see shadow ghosts/spirits, they sure do like watching us.Also,  I know how it can be unnerving that first time you see them. Again, :sign0016:

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 31 October 2017 - 11:18 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 wickedliz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thank you MacCiondoadha BeanSidhe, I read a few of your posts about your home and it's what urged me to tell my experiences. When the regulars come about (the whispy lady and the "little boy") it's as if they belong. The shadow is new, not really unnerving, just odd that it seems so fascinated with my husband. I guess it's curious about him, he is odd at times. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com