Huff And Puff

9 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hi All,

With still no luck and capturing any sort of EVP I have been looking through websites etc for a different angle on getting EVP's and seeing how Nick Groff uses the Huff Wonder box I have been watching lots of Huff's video's.

He has just posted a video about WHY we need to use Reverb.

He shows how using an audio source, in this instance a Police Scanner App on the iPhone where he listens to the Chicago Police. With Reverb off he gets no voices as the wonder box is just being used as a loudspeaker. He then switches on Reverb and get responses.

To me this is not the reason why and would like to see the wonder box in action personally but I am never going to fork out those crazy prices for one.
For me to research this a bit more I would of liked to seen 2 recordings. One recording being a direct recording of the police scanner on one iPhone and then another recording with a different iPhone that is plugged into the wonder box with reverb, that way we would have an identical recording of the source and then  you could compare the 2 recordings to see what was on the police scanner and what was being outputted with voices. Then in theory what would you get if you played the recorded police scanner through the wonder box with reverb to see if it's just a modulation therefore would get the exact same voice each time or not.

What do other think or feel about how this woinder box works?

Also what made me chuckle is the fluff in his article. What exactly does "where I use a copper human energy transfer theory" mean
http://huffparanorma...e-last-3-years/

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:32 AM

Steve Huff....a huckster IMO.  I've only seen the box on Paranormal Lockdown, but am not impressed. Without knowing much about the technical aspect of the device, my initial reaction is the echo/reverb is feeding back into itself, and causing noises that cause some to feel like the noises are words.

Not saying it's impossible that it IS picking up something, but based on Huff's reputation and sleazy background, I doubt it
Posted Image

#3 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

I recommend reading up on "what" reverb is 'cuz the thang is almost certainly using a digitized effect based on whatever signal is being output.

Also "reverb" used properly is used to make sounds like voices warmer/bigger or give the effect of various stage conditions. Essentially reverb is a type of echo, and again used properly can make a sound box singer record like they are in a large concert hall or whatever is desired.

What the wunderbox does is use reverb in a less than appropriate way, however, if you think it might work why not take some of your no voice EVPs and apply reverb to them. Audacity has an excellent Reverb function under Effects :yes:

It's possible that the reverb function somehow amplifies the EVPs to an audible level OR just makes random noises that have voice like qualities BUT it's always good to check things out yourself :yes:
- siguie -

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Interesting reading
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

I see now he claims to of crack fully clear responses with the Wonderbox Gold, claimed to have done what the spirits have told him to do but of course never provides the video evidence of said spirit conversations.

If true then this is gold but I doubt it as his little teaser video was still way off the mark.

#6 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

It appears Huff is now selling his one and only gold wonderbox and then packing it all in, well at least for several months he says on his ebay page. Of course it could just be FUD
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

#7 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Well...if it's a GOLD wonderbox, it must be better than a regular wonderbox, right?  :D
Posted Image

#8 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 03 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Well...if it's a GOLD wonderbox, it must be better than a regular wonderbox, right?  :D

Can you image if it was platinum?

Personally "I have had enough of Huff". He is constantly preying on gullibility for money.

Edited by EVP, 03 August 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#9 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:49 PM

I have to agree. The most valuable tools an investigator has are their senses, and of course, common sense. It may not prove anything to anyone else, but all these gimmicky devices don't prove anything either
Posted Image

#10 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

Sean,

I'd like to direct your attention to the YouTube channel 'Debunking Huff Paranormal'

That is all :D

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users