Why Has Ghost Hunting Become Less Popular?

• You cannot reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic

#1 Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I'm a crossroads demon. Come make a deal with me and I'll make all your dreams come true.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

opinions?

#2 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

Why? Because it's a bunch of bullstuff!
Just because these charlatans are calling themselves "ghost hunters", do you think for one minute that they're going to find one?

Ghosts are not going to be like, "Oh! There you are! Are you rolling? Good, I want you to get my scary side. BOO!"
It's because people have stopped buying it. They are also sick and tired of Reality Shows. Had enough of the Kartrumpians yet?
Ghosts are NOT going to commonly hang out in empty houses, cemeteries or abandoned places because ghosts or earthbound

spirits need energy to manifest and there is no energy in those places.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

I really didn't know it had become unpopular. I have never been ghost hunting myself, although, I do like the shows that have been on TV. Where I live at least I honestly don't think or know of anyone who Ghost Hunts either :)
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

Haha actually, after seeing how many ghost hunting TV shows are there (or have been), I thought of the opposite!! Just kidding though - do you mean local/smaller groups or the fact many ghost hunting shows are no longer running?

#5 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

View Postvave82, on 20 July 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Haha actually, after seeing how many ghost hunting TV shows are there (or have been), I thought of the opposite!! Just kidding though - do you mean local/smaller groups or the fact many ghost hunting shows are no longer running?

:happy0194: It must be a far North thing :yes: 'Out on the patio we sit'  B) :yahoo: :th_evil: "https://www.youtube....ed/ML9h3I5Uktw" OH I miss the youtube embed :mad0218:

Edited by klainey, 21 July 2015 - 12:17 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

View Postklainey, on 21 July 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

:happy0194: It must be a far North thing :yes: 'Out on the patio we sit'  B) :yahoo: :th_evil: "https://www.youtube....ed/ML9h3I5Uktw" OH I miss the youtube embed :mad0218:

Let dat boy boogie woogie. It's in him and it's got to come out. :)

#7 Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I'm a crossroads demon. Come make a deal with me and I'll make all your dreams come true.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

View Postvave82, on 20 July 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yeah that's what I mean.

#8 Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

I'm in Gettysburg right now. We were talking last night that you would be able to see "Ghost Walk Tour's" going all through the night. It seems like last night there really wasn't as many people doing them. Perhaps the interest has died down. Maybe it was just because its been pretty hot here the last couple of days. It could be many things.
My Signature
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#9 Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

I, for one, actually welcome it. There are people who actually take it seriously, and are not out there to deceive, trick, or scare anyone. I believe one day we will have the evidence and proof that I and others like me believe is out there, I can't say the experiences I have had are absolutely ghostly in nature.. can't prove it either.. it could be another dimension or something else we don't fully understand. There are only a select few "ghost shows" that I actually watch, but I take them with grain of salt. A lot of it is entertainment.. but some of it, I believe, is real. Ghost Adventures is my favorite, but even they bump the drama up too far, and it makes me laugh :)
My Signature

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#10 Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostRoxstar, on 21 July 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

I, for one, actually welcome it. There are people who actually take it seriously, and are not out there to deceive, trick, or scare anyone. I believe one day we will have the evidence and proof that I and others like me believe is out there, I can't say the experiences I have had are absolutely ghostly in nature.. can't prove it either.. it could be another dimension or something else we don't fully understand. There are only a select few "ghost shows" that I actually watch, but I take them with grain of salt. A lot of it is entertainment.. but some of it, I believe, is real. Ghost Adventures is my favorite, but even they bump the drama up too far, and it makes me laugh :)
beeping come at me you  beeping ghost ahhhhhh I'm ready to fight you're spirit beep. and that's  Ghost Adventure in a nutshell.

Edited by Themilkmanfromhell, 21 July 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#11 vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

LOL Klainey :D :D !! But yes, I noticed - there used to be heaps, now they all seem to be vanishing..... ! Maybe someone needs to come up with a different and new concept?! Challenge is on!

#12 Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

View Postvave82, on 21 July 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

LOL Klainey :D :D !! But yes, I noticed - there used to be heaps, now they all seem to be vanishing..... ! Maybe someone needs to come up with a different and new concept?! Challenge is on!
Another example is  this forum  back in 2005 I was 17 then and rude and was banned several times ,but I liked this then because you could post answered almost immediately. I think this place needs to be revived and I want to help it some way.Then again I don't really see any rude people in the forum since I've been back.

Edited by Themilkmanfromhell, 21 July 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#13 Malia110

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

I think people are tired of watching ghost shows and getting the, "Shhh, shhh, shh...did you hear that?  Footsteps...."  Yet, the viewers hear and see nothing.  It has caused me, for one, to become more of a sceptic.  I would much prefer Paranormal Witness or A Haunting over Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures.  Actually, now that I think of it, I remember the exact episode when I became done with GH.  It was the Princess Stephanie episode, where you could actually hear the voice responding directly to their questions in an EVP.  It was so exciting....until they never followed up!!!  Isn't that EXACTLY what they had been hunting for?  Communication??  They finally got it, but then acted like it never happened.  I just could not understand that.

#14 Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostMalia110, on 21 July 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think people are tired of watching ghost shows and getting the, "Shhh, shhh, shh...did you hear that?  Footsteps...."  Yet, the viewers hear and see nothing.  It has caused me, for one, to become more of a sceptic.  I would much prefer Paranormal Witness or A Haunting over Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures.  Actually, now that I think of it, I remember the exact episode when I became done with GH.  It was the Princess Stephanie episode, where you could actually hear the voice responding directly to their questions in an EVP.  It was so exciting....until they never followed up!!!  Isn't that EXACTLY what they had been hunting for?  Communication??  They finally got it, but then acted like it never happened.  I just could not understand that.
I don't think people should go by what the media is showing them,but they do.We got ghost hunting shows and paranormal activity and ghost hunting went into a decline. If you don't believe me look at  google trends type in paranormal activity  then type in Ghost Hunting. The decline for the searches for them both decline at the same time. It's the case of media running with something that's getting popular and running it  into the ground as they rake in the cash.

#15 vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Actually, I am with Malia110 :) I quite enjoyed A Haunting and Paranormal Witness as well as the odd episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories :) I remember watching a Haunting while having lunch when my eldest daughter was having a nap and I was pregnant with my second :) I believe I watched every single episode LOL!

#16 Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

Ghost 'hunting' TV shows are based on a field that no single person in the world is actually qualified in as not one person alive has produced conclusive evidence that anything currently classified as paranormal exists, which by definition means that none of the equipment or practices they use in these shows has any legitimacy at all and therefore the logical conclusion is that they are entirely fictional, 'scripted reality' shows designed to intrigue and capture a sense of excitement in the audience. Anything that works off the back of being a new experience is going to eventually burn out, and so the ghost hunting TV show after revealing all the tricks in the book is no longer relevant to the target audience.

That said, the best kind of paranormal show that I hope will never die out are first hand accounts and staged reconstructions of first hand accounts, they are great fun and don't present fact and truth, but instead opinion.

As a side note I used to love watching 'Most Haunted' as it was a wonderful insight into how ridiculous people can be when placed in a situation they are told are going to be scary, all of a sudden everyone can trigger panic and terror in each other over completely mundane occurrences. Many lols were had.
My Signature

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#17 moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

I'm not sure unpopular. I'm quite entertained by watching others be ghost hunters. But I have always been terrified I will bring them home with me so I try to avoid areas with ghosts.

#18 Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

So I retract my last statement. Last night there was quite a few on the ghost tours. I'm thinking that social media may be to blame with what seems like the interest falling off. To be honest I hate social media. But for a site like this I'm just wondering if everyone has migrated to there. Its a shame if so because there is so much info here but it is just something I am thinking. Maybe it didn't fall off, but it just migrated.
My Signature

#19 raoulduke

Orb

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Because ghosts don't exist and "hunting" them with silly equipment made for other purposes is pointless.

#20 Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

View Postraoulduke, on 22 July 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Because ghosts don't exist and "hunting" them with silly equipment made for other purposes is pointless.

So I will say I may agree with you calling them "ghost". What is your opinion on the paranormal field? I only ask because when I go out and investigate I don't say I'm "ghost hunting" but I'm "paranormal investigating".
My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com