• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

#21 Kathy

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:12 AM

I found this article on Meatloaf.  I was very shocked to read this I've never heard of this on the news?  The rest of the article is him answering questions in an interview about things that went on in his life in the past.  Other then the sad beginning subject about him and his Dad the rest is pretty interesting about his life.

https://www.telegrap...l-me-with-a-bu/

#22 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:49 AM

Wow, poor guy, :fright: I hadn't heard it on the news either!
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#23 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

thanks for sharing, he seems like lovely man.
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#24 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostKathy, on 27 September 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

I found this article on Meatloaf.  I was very shocked to read this I've never heard of this on the news?  The rest of the article is him answering questions in an interview about things that went on in his life in the past.  Other then the sad beginning subject about him and his Dad the rest is pretty interesting about his life.

https://www.telegrap...l-me-with-a-bu/
He's lost lots of weight, has had knee and back surgery, and is rehabbing. But he's been going places to sign autographs, Comic-cons, music, and bookstores. He was in England not long ago doing that.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 01 October 2018 - 02:46 PM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#25 fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

I should preface this by warning that if you don't hold Christian beliefs, using the Christian methods cn potentially make the problem worse.

Performing a Deliverance on a Person or Place
By Matt Berger

In a nutshell, the basic principles involved in a deliverance are, at their core, very simple: You must have faith in Christ to deliver you, and you must cast the demon(s) out by the authority of Jesus’ name.  This can be broken down to a much more detailed explanation, but basically, that’s the core of your strategy.  Fancy wording and prayers aren’t necessarily needed, as long as you have these core principles at your disposal.  

The power of deliverance

The power to deliver a person or place from demonic influence comes from two sources:  
1.  Yourself
2. The divine power of God, through Jesus Christ

The most basic of method to free a person or location from demonic influence is to simply assert your will against the entity or entities.  This will sometimes work for lower level demons, and even for non-Christians.  We find this in scripture as the following:

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7  

So, therefore, with some of the lower level demons, simply commanding them to leave can work.  This a stern rejection and rebuke of the demon.

Demons of differing levels

However, there are demons of differing levels of power and strength.  We find evidence of this here:

"That kind of spirit comes out only if you use prayer and fasting"- Matt 17:21

Authority in Jesus’ name

These must be cast out only by the authority of Jesus' name.  We are given this authority through faith in Christ; the scripture tells us this here:

“The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.  He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.  I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." Luke 10:17-18

Thus, the power to drive the demons out comes through us by the authority and dominion of Jesus.  Its not our power, but his.  We don’t need to be powerful when we rely upon the power of the Lord.  

Suggestions Here:  Pray directly to the Lord in Jesus name for help in ridding yourself of this oppression.  Do this before starting the deliverance.  

Again, know that the power comes from the Lord in Jesus' name, not from you.  You don't have to have power as long as you have faith.

I also suggest using Christ's real name, YESHUA.  Jesus is the English translation. Whether you use Yeshua or Jesus, its critical you speak the name out LOUD.  

Demons have to obey in the name of Jesus; they have no choice.  The power of praying in Jesus’ name and, especially, the power of his spoken name cannot be over emphasized:

Just before He ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father, Jesus said, “All power [authority] is given me in heaven and in earth” (Matt. 28:18). He immediately delegated His authority in the earth to the Church, “Go ye therefore ” (Matt. 28:19). Then He promised, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; IN MY NAME.”

Jesus’ Name that is recognized in three realms—the Name that has authority in heaven, on earth, and hell. All have to bow at that Name, including the demons and satan himself—and that Name belongs to our Lord and Saviour. We are authorized to use his Name.

We are commissioned by Jesus: “All authority is given me in heaven and in earth, Go ye therefore.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; IN MY NAME shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Matt. 28:18,19; Mark 16:17,18).

“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lies at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my servant. Do this, and he does it. When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”- MATTHEW 8:5-10
    Simply put, the centurion told him that just as the men in his command hear his command and obey without him lifting a finger, so are all things subject to the authority, name, and dominon of Jesus.   This is the type of confidence and faith we need to have in the authority of Jesus and praying, and commanding in his name.

Words

Really, your words don’t have to be “fancy.”  Just command the demons to leave in his name.  As an example, I usually say something along these lines:

“ I command satan and all unclean spirits be vanquished from my (Or the person needing deliverance) heart, home and life.  I command this in the name of Yeshua, (Jesus) and plead the mighty authority of Yeshua’s shed blood over us.”  

Go room to room, hitting closets and nooks, repeating the command in each area.  Do this in a flow pattern so that you're driving them out in a continuous direction, instead of haphazardly.

Holy water and olive oil

If you feel more confident, use some holy water as you perform the deliverance, or use olive oil to anoint your doors and windows.  Most people like their windows clean, so many will use the oil or water on top of the door/window frames.   Oil is often used in scripture for an anointing.  Scripture also gives us the basis of holy water:

"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water" (John 4:10).  

Living water flows from him.    

Improving upon God’s way?

Do not use methods and rituals from other faiths.  For instance, sage.  Sage is a method used by pagans and American Natives.  They have no scriptural basis for Christians.  The power comes from your faith in the Lord and the authority of the name of Jesus.  Don’t try to macramé a tapestry of ingredients from other faiths… this puts confidence in physical accouterments, and does not work.  The Lord does not need help from the Natives and pagans.

The same approach applies to delivering a person, however, in addition to this, if they are able, you should solicit the person afflicted to also pray with you and to resist the demon(s).  

Do not give place to the demons’ lies

Be aware that the demon(s) will seek out your weaknesses; it very well knows what scares you, and may perform all manner of physical manifestations and actions to make you feel powerless and unmatched.  Mere parlor tricks.  Don’t be moved by these parlor tricks.  

It also may attempt to shame you or question the Word of God, or make you think you’re not worthy of saving.  

Remember, God does not give us a spirit of fear:

“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”- 2 Timothy 1:7

And God does not give us a spirit of shame:  

“Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”   Romans 10:11

If the demon tries to shame, scare, or intimidate you, or tell you that you aren’t worthy of God’s salvation, do not engage it in conversation; simply trump its lies with the Word of God.

“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”-  1 John 4:4

But, above all, do not listen to the demon nor communicate with it.  Satan is the father of all lies, and these are spiritual beings given the power of the air, and are the rulers of this age, and can appear as every form from a snake to an angel of light… it can even come as your friend,  appearing as a lost loved one.  

“You are just like your true father, the devil; and you spend your time pursuing the things your father loves. He started out as a killer, and he cannot tolerate truth because he is void of anything true. At the core of his character, he is a liar; everything he speaks originates in these lies because he is the father of lies.” — John 8:44

“in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.”- Ephesians 2:2

“None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” 1 Corinthians 2:8

“Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” — Genesis 3:1

“And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.”  2 Corinthians 11:14

Demons hate mankind

The demons hate us.  They hate us, because God gave us His new covenant.  He gave us a path to redemption.  The demons have no redemption; they can never find salvation.  They are doomed for their act of treachery for all time.  They rule earth and hell for now; in the end, even satan himself will face the second death, and succumb to hell itself.  

Because of this, the only power they have against us is to deceive us and rob us of our mantel, our birthright.  They want to take as many of us with them to hell as possible, and have no compassion.  

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." -1 Peter 5:8

Commanding the Demon to identify itself

Personally,  I don’t recommend doing this.   I don’t know why you would want to ask the demon anything… its simply going to lie.  

“You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”- John 8:44

I have been told by some who perform deliverances that they do this based upon the account of Jesus doing this:

“Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” “Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him.”-  Luke 8:30

These deliverance ministers claim the demon is weakened and more subject to your command once it names itself.  I’m unsure about this.  Better to play it safe:  I say never engage the demon in conversation, because you only give place to its lies.  Tricking you is its greatest talent.  

“…even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness.” (2 Corinthians 11:14–15)

Remain resolute

Depending upon the strength of the demon, you may have to repeat the process until the activity stops.  I had one case in which I had to re-do the process and actually used olive oil on all of the door and window frames and the vertical facings of the staircase, when the activity resumed.  (The stairwell was the site of much of the activity)   Since then, it has been quiet.   In all other cases, simply my verbal commands, scripture verses, and prayers were sufficient.  In this particular case, I have come to believe that the attachment followed a relative who was either a medium or sensitive- the activity returned after she made a second visit and stayed in the house a number of days.  I delivered her as well, and she has experienced no activity since.
   If you feel you need more help, contact clergy to see who may be willing to perform a deliverance.  You will have better luck with an Episcopalian or protestant pastor... you’ll be years waiting for the Catholic church to stop dragging their heals and simply help you.  (They’re more concerned with procedures and the church’s credibility than helping you)

Now, one caveat:

If you are NOT a Christian of faith, you may have initial success with the deliverance, but it may result in a worse infestation in the long run.  Evidence of that is found here:

“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.  Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.  Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”  Matt 12:43

So, this is why it can get worse.  You must fill your home and your heart with faith if you empty it of the demonic.

The power of God’s Word itself is not to be overlooked.   In scripture, we are told that the Word is the “sword of the Spirit,” (Ephesians 6:17) is “alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart, (Hebrews 4:12, and “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Some additional verses you may find helpful, enlightening, or useful to recite during a deliverance:

“Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons,not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.  You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. “- 1 Corinthians 10:17

"For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.". Ecc 9:5

“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”- Psalm 18: 2

"This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s." - 2 Chronicles 20:15

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full
armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against
the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the
full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to
stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.   Stand
firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the
breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the
readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.   In addition to all this,
take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming
arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the
Spirit, which is the word of God.” -Ephesians 6

“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. ” – 2 Corinthians 10:4

“And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” (1 John 4:3)  

spiritus…in nomine Domini nostri Jesu Christi"

(*Translation*: "I exorcize you, unclean spirit…in the name of our Lord
Jesus Christ.")

from the Roman Catholic Rites of Exorcism, found in the *Rituale Romanum*

*Phonetically*: *Ex-or-cheats-so tay, em-moon-diss-uh-mee speer-e-toos, in

nom-en-ee Doh-men-ee no-stree  Jess-sue Kris-tee.*
My Signature
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com