• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 Ophelia

Ophelia

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Spent a lot of time checked into hospitals, seen a lot of things I don't like to talk about.  Creepiest moment though was completely not paranormal.  I was checked into ICU fairly drugged, lights off in the room.  Nurse comes to wake me up for medicines and turns on the lights.  Lying in my bed I immediately notice the ceiling/light fixture is COVERED in a spray of blood, mostly dry, but some still RED.  I freak out understandibly.  Nurse just calmly responds that they must have not remembered to clean it up after the last patient and goes about her business.  I spend the next 36 hours in bed staring at the blood stains on the ceiling, wondering what happened to the poor last person who was in my bed.... *shiver*

#82 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:31 PM

Great thread.  I can't believe I missed it the first time.  

I have found this entire thread very though provoking and have a niggling feeling that we (ghosthunters,  paranormal investigators and other interested people) are missing something here.  Its like someone standing next to me and YELLING to me that there is something in that thread which is a huge clue to solving the puzzle of ghosts and spirits.  Kind of like not being able to see the woods for the trees.  This is a very strong feeling (it is kinda making me feel fuzzy!).  Are there any sensitives who get the same impression?

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#83 ghostbeliever

ghostbeliever

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

Awesome thread!
Along time ago, I was on the web searching for pics of ghosts and or stories. Found a story that was interesting. I cant remember where I saw it but ill try and look for it again.

A man was in a hospital, and he was dying. There were nurses in the room all around him while he went, and he kept shaking his head as if to say "no". Somehow somebody took a photo outside of the room, and it was right after the man took his last breath. Right above his body, maybe about a foot, was a white mist, it looked to be going upwards. Ide really say myself it was his spirit going onto heaven. but it was freaky, a big white mist right above his body.

#84 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

After reading the most recent thread about the unexplained activity in the morgue, I remembered this thread.  It's about paranormal activity as experienced by hospital staff members.  I always found the subject fascinating, so I'm giving it a bump...

#85 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

I work in a hospital and in fact I am there now, doing a night shift! I work in a psychiatric ward! I'm really scared now, after all those stories!

Thanks for sharing.

The dark figures freaked me out though. It scares me. What if one appears at the time of my death???  investigate.gif
My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#86 ilovepara

ilovepara

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

I work as an aid at a nursing home. We had a resident named Ray who seemed to be on his call-light constantly. We would go in there and he never wanted anything..he was just ornery and wanted to see if we'd come. After he passed away, his room was empty, but the call-light would still go off at night. We would go in and it would turn off. Things that are completely natural happen, we know that. Sometimes the wiring has a glitch. The way it goes on and off in what seems like a response to us... we like to think it's Ray entertaining himself though.

The last room on the left, on my hallway, is one I avoid unless someone is with me. Yep, I'm a big baby. When I first started working on 400 hall, there was a man named John who was dying of cancer. He was stubborn till the end and often tried to get up out of bed by himself and would fall, so he had TAB alarms. Those are pressure sensitive devices that look like heating pads. If the person on them gets up, an extremely shrill annoying alarm goes off. I think I'd been there 2 weeks when he passed. A few nights after he had passed, we heard a TAB go off. No biggie..sometimes if the batteries are low, they go off to warn us. Maybe someone rolled over in the bed and weren't squarely on the alarm. Probably a dozen residents on my hall had TABs. We checked the "usual suspects" and everybody was where they belonged. We could not figure out where it was coming from. Finally we figured maybe Johns TAB was going off. His rented wheelchair was still in there, maybe the alarm was in there too and misfiring.  The wheelchair was there, but the alarms had been removed. It was quite obvious that the alarm was in the room we were. At least the sound was. Needless to say we hauled butt out of there. Usually if there's a noise and nothing is there that could possibly be making that noise...it's a bit unnerving. 2 years later and nothing else had happened until 3 days ago. The lady who now lives in room 418 turned her call-light on. She said she wanted to change rooms, she "didn't like the old bald black guy who keeps coming in her room to say hi..doesn't anyone understand what privacy around here?" Yeah...there are no black guys on our hall, or the nursing home itself...either living there or working. *shrugs*

Edited by ilovepara, 08 November 2009 - 05:03 PM.

#87 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

I've told this before, but not sure if it was on here. I was an ER nurse and EMT for 11 years. One night, the Ambulance called and stated they were  transporting an elderly female patient from a Nursing Home with "Difficulty Breathing." I was working as an EMT in the ER when she came in. It wasnt long after she was brought in, she coded (went into arrest). We worked on here for a very long time, but it was obvious she was deceased. So the we stopped the attempts and the doctor called the time of death. JUST at that monent I saw what appeared to me a smoky cloud rise from her chest area and went up to the ceiling and disappeared. For one moment I thought I was the only one that saw it. But looked at other nurses, paramedics, and doc and they all had the same look as if to say "what was THAT?" Her chest was not open in any way, and this cloud did not come from her nose or mouth (could be classified as gases if it did) but clearly out of her chest I said "did you guys see that?" They all agreed they did. The ER doc smiled and I am paraphrasing but said something to the effect "I knew there was something after death." That was one incident I will never forget. Thats when I realized "WOW that was her soul leaving her body." It was a monumental moment for me. Picture 483.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#88 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

Wow...thank you to those who added recent replies.  Such interesting experiences!

#89 Strider

Strider

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

An old thread worthy of revival.  Can any health care professionals add more experiences?

This thread is perhaps the most thought provoking I have ever read on this site.  It has led me to reconsider my thoughts about the afterlife.

Four points stand out:  (1) many working in hospitals have experienced the paranormal, (2) souls exist, (3) friends, family and angels aid us as we pass on, and (4) I am keen on never encountering the dark shadowy figure described by some in the days and/or hours before I pass.

#90 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Awesome. I'm so glad this thread has been revived. I have always loved this thread, and used to go back just to read some of the stories here.

I worked  in a psychiatric ward for over three years. Whilst I don't want to go into too many specifics, there were certainly odd things that happened over the years there... One nurse (a friend of mine) was on a night shift one night. All patients were in bed, as it was about 2-3am. The staff were in their assigned areas. This nurse was going from the staff room towards her office, when she heard footsteps. She looked up and saw a dark figure walking the corridor up ahead, and going straight into the main toilet. Wondering who was up at that time of night, the nurse goes to the toilet, knocks the door and says, "Who is this? Everything ok?" And no reply. Being concerned, the nurse opens the door - which she finds is NOT locked - and looks inside. It's completely empty, with the light off. Scared out of her mind, because she's so sure she saw this figure go into the room, she runs back to her office lol.

That's just one account.. I'll try to remember some others.
My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#91 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I've been a nurse for over twenty years - primarily in critical care.  Years ago, being a newbie in the ER, there was this one call light that would frequently go off when there was no one in that room.  All the other nurses felt it was a former co-worker who passed away, and it was her way of "pranking" the rest of us.  One very slow morning, the light went off in that curtained area 3 times in 30 minutes, it was one of my rooms, so I was paying attention.  I called maintenience and put a request in for them to look at it.  The guy says "is this room E3A?  I said "yes" he said, "I've checked that out so many times, there is NOTHING wrong with that light, and he refused to come and see it.  I was feeling kind of "ballsy" that morning, and since we were quiet (never a word you actually speak out loud in a ER) I thought, "lets put it to the test".  So, I said rather loudly "If that's you 'Joan', put the light on right now!"  Dam, the light went on no sooner than the words were out of my mouth!  So, now I'm really interested.  I said, "Joan, I'm still not convinced.  If it's really you, do something you've never done, and turn the light off!"  No fooling, it went off.  The docs and nurses were looking at me and they sorta said in unison "We TOLD you it was her!".   I guess they were right.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#92 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

While still on this topic, I thought I would share a not so humerous story that I experienced.  I had a patient dying of AIDS, he was new to the area so we didn't really know a lot about him.  He had been an IV drug user - also had been in prison for some time.  Anyway, he had been unconcious for a couple of days - his brain was swelling - I always believe in death with dignity, and if I could help it, I never let a patient die alone, unless that was their request.  He had no family or friends locally, nearest relative was a sister 4 hours away.  I called her to inform her that he probably wouldn't make it through the shift.  She felt bad, but also felt that they had "bad blood" between them, and she didn't feel the need to be there with him.  So, I monitored him all shift.  Got to be about lunch time and I grabbed a set of vitals.  His respirations were 6 per min, no apnea though, his bp was 60/p, his HR was 34.  He had been a young man, in his 20's, so I knew he was "on the way".  I talked to him, told him not to be afraid, he wasn't alone, and to go toward "the light".  He suddenly opened his eyes and started screeching!  It was so loud and unexpected, I actually jumped - and it takes a lot to scare me.  A couple of CNA's came running, and I said "Shut the door!"  I didn't want him disturbing others.  He just kept screaming, I said "Jack, are you in pain?"  He shook his head "No",  I said, "Tell me so I can help you!"  he said  "You can't help me gripe, I've been a bad boy!"  He shut his eyes, and continued to scream.  I sent one of the CNA's to ask another nurse to see what we had either for pain or sedation - and to bring it to me.  The other CNA stayed with me.  He scrunched up into a ball, covered his head and said "The devil is freakin real!"  Then he just went limp.  He was dead.  I have to admit, I was a tad un-nerved by this - just because I saw the terror in his eyes as he screamed.  I'd seen patients "rally" just before death before, but not like this.  When the nurse who went to get the meds came into the room, she said "Geez, it smells like roadkill in here!"  I never noticed the odor, either did the CNA who was with me.  After I left the room, then I smelled it.  It was a real strong odor of decomposing flesh.  When we got him to the morgue, housekeeping went into the room and cleaned it.  Still, the smell remained.  We opened the window, used deodorizors and so on, couldn't get the smell out of the room.  It took about a week for the smell to go away, before we could use the room again.  I never saw anything, but I have no doubt 'Jack' did.  We had the chaplain come up and bless the room after the smell went away, before we put another patient in it.  She did not know the story.  She came out of the room after the blessing and said "He went to Hell, didn't he?"  I said "yeah, I believe he did."  Don't like to tell that story, since I'm not afraid of things that go "bump" in the night, but this was very disturbing to me - this happend approx 12 years ago, and I can still remember like it was yesterday.  Poor guy.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#93 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Olderlady, thank you for sharing your experiences. Very interesting...and quite CREEPY!  Especially your second post. Not sure I should have read that right before going to sleep, lol.  :confused0068:

#94 Guest_GRAVEYARD HOUND_*

Guest_GRAVEYARD HOUND_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Having worked in a regional Psych. Hospt. for several years, one hears various stories, about certain places on the grounds to be avoided after dark, some buildings/rooms, to be careful in and not from the patients, 'cause there are no patients in them, even certain patients, not because they are dangerous but becaause "odd things" happen around them. The "graveyard" at this hospt. is haunted, has been, supposedly, for over 100 yrs. Never had much concern about the "Morgue" , the Forensic Unit, was the real unit one never went in unlessall the patients were confined, seems the unit patients, who had been convicted of various crimes by the legal system but were judged not appropriate for a correctional facility, so we had all kinds, evn those facing execution, so weirdness was common place. You work in one place long enough, you develop a "sense" of where/where not to go, and when/when not to go certain places.

#95 Quinta

Quinta

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I work in a nursing home and have caught things out of the corner of my eye on occasion.  I am not the only one who has seen this.  I work the night shift, and where the nurses station is located, we can see down a hall and into the dining room where the residents go to eat their meals.   I have seen someone, mostly black figure walking into the dining room.  I saw it twice.  After I saw it the second time, I asked a co worker if she had ever seen anything strange.  And her answer was, "Yes, I see something walking into the dining room"   I just looked at her, and she could tell by the look on my face that I  had seen it too.  She said, "you saw something didn't you?"  I told her what I saw and she then confirmed.  "We're not crazy!"   She no longer works with me, but what ever it is that is there goes to the dining room every now and then.

My sister is a nurse and she has seen some things that are unexplainable as well.  I am going to have to get her to join this site and share some things with everyone.  They are really bizarre.

Quinta

#96 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Quinta, on 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

My sister is a nurse and she has seen some things that are unexplainable as well.  I am going to have to get her to join this site and share some things with everyone.  They are really bizarre.

Cool!  I enjoyed your story and look forward to hearing about your sister's experiences too.

#97 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,061 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

Bumped up because there are some good stories here
Posted Image

#98 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Thanks Vlawde, lots of great stories in here! Nurses are a wealth of paranormal information a lot of the time.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#99 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

MAN! Good thing I didn't read these before bed.

#100 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

I did. No sleep Cap!
It's in the trees, it's coming!