Free Skins
© Fisana

Can A Pendulum Draw In/evoke/bring About Malevolent Spirits?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlackZ28

BlackZ28

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

Was just wondering because a friend/co-worker got a bunch of us girls in on using them once.  We tried them and then the "newness" wore off.  It has been about 3 years since I used one, and even at that it was only 3 or 4 times.  But the interest for me has renewed BUT I don't want to do any damage.  Like inviting bad vibes/entities/or evil spirits because lemme tell ya, I wouldn't know how to handle it!

Anyone know?  Any bad experiences?
Best Regards,

Diann

Make your home a better place...ADOPT a German Shepherd..or TWO!

#2 BlackZ28

BlackZ28

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

Anyone?

Best Regards,

Diann

#3 paraportal

paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the paranormal.

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:04 AM

It sounds like a scenario that our paranormal group is currently in. Anything like dowsing, pendulums... even calling out is considered dangerous to one of the mediums because it can 'invoke spirit'.

The answer to it is knowledge. Read up on how to properly use pendulums and be aware of the power and dangers; I'm sure there's a website or two out there that cangive advice on safety and what to do.

But if you feel uncomfortable doing it then there's nothing stopping you from not doing it.

---
Looking at paranormal evidence with an open, unbiased mind and with a yearning to determine the facts from the fakes.

#4 Moonsong

Moonsong

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:magick, Wicca, paganism, ghosts, psychic phenomena, enegy work, vampires, BEKs, psychology... you name it really...

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:07 AM

Let me address your question with a question: What makes you think a pendulum could or would draw in spirits of any kind, malevolent or otherwise?

What have you been using the pendulum for that would give you such a suspicion? Has someone related a story  to you about that happening, or suggested to you that such a thing was possible?

The reason I ask is because if the pendulum is going to do such things, it is only because you believe/fear/expect that it will. So whoever/whatever put that thought in your mind did you something of a disservice.

Generally speaking, the pendulum is a form of divination which, like many forms of divination, taps into your own unconscious to find psychic answers to your questions (usually by swinging clockwise for "yes" and counterclockwise for "no"). When used in this way, there is no risk of bringing in spirits because there is no contact with any spirits involved, just your own latent, unconscious psychic ability.

The pendulum can also be used to "point out" energy blockages in one's aura, and some even use it to find the source of physical ailments (though in the latter case I'd just go to a doctor). Again, nothing to do with spirits, so no reason for them to show up.

Now, because the pendulum is a divination device, it certainly could be used to find energy anomalies outside the aura (like using dowsing rods to find ghosts), or used to ask ghosts (as opposed to your own unconscious) questions (like a ouijia board). If you choose to use it this way, then it's just as "dangerous" as those techniques, respectively. I put "dangerous" in quotes because there is a certain amount of debate as to just how dangerous, if at all, those techniques are, particularly the latter. But using the pendulum in this way is your own choice and your own beliefs and fears will flavor your experience if you choose to do so.

Does that answer your question?
Yes. Yes, I do mock you. But only with the best of intentions.

#5 BlackZ28

BlackZ28

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

Paraportal, thanks for your reply.  Moonsong, I was wondering ONLY because I see on this board that messing with spirits doesn't bring about that wonderful guide that leads you to the chestful of jewels they hid in 1718 on a beach when they were  Pirate and now want to be forgiven and by giving up the jewels their spirit can then be set free.  No I haven't been using one at all, and no, noone has told me of any experiences, I just asked because of the powers of an ouji board.

I guess what I am trying to say is...."When you ask a question, are you asking a spirit or your own unconcious psychic ability and if so, how do you know?"  I cannot remember if it was me or my friend who asked the name of the man I was going to marry....after slowly going through the alphabet we came up with the name "Charles".....so who were we asking-I have no idea, I just thought it was a spirit guide.  Funny enough two years later, I married a Charles.  The psychic I went to said I didn't know him, the pendulum said I did....and I did, he was a classmate of mine, but I also didn't "KNOW" him, only in passing really....and he goes by Tony.  And BTW this was not me sitting around bawling looking for love....the psychic answered my question about my then relationship with my then husband soon to be ex.....I never asked if I was going to marry soon, find a guy, be dating anyone, she just finished her answer with..."But don't worry, you will find your soulmate and etc etc..." and the Pendulum was asked because we were sitting around at work at 3AM with all our work done and they were all teasing me calling me Liz 'cause I'd already been married twice and they said I'd get married again to the next guy that asked and so on...just lighthearted joking and again I can't remember who it was that asked me or her.

So does that help?  I hate that I'm chatty when explaining stuff, but I just am.  I just have some interest in things like the pendulum, past life and maybe other things that I may come across, but I don't want to do something I will regret....because lemme tell ya, I deal well with people, but when I am at home, I wanna be left alone and I don't want some guy in a dark robe hunched over me sitting on my pillow at 2AM stroking my hair and asking me to help him get a message to someone...All I wanted to do was to ask "yes" or "no" questions, but you can do that to an ouji board and then ya gotta burn the thing to get it to quit showing up on the kitchen table...see?

Hope I am not sounding sarcastic or whatever 'cause I am not trying to be.  I just don't want to mess anything up, and if I could, then I will leave it alone.

Regards,

Diann

Editied because I am too chatty-even I get lost in my conversation.

Edited by BlackZ28, 25 November 2006 - 11:52 AM.

Best Regards,

Diann

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:26 AM

Pendulums seem to be spoken about quite frequently in paranormal circles at the moment, maybe experiencing a resurgence in popularity?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:59 AM

I use pendulums and have never had any bad experiences, I also protect myself spiritually against anything nasty before using them.

But to answer your question I think anything used with the wrong intent or purpose has the potential to attract the same!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users