12 replies to this topic

#1 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new and have posted a few things on these forums the last couple of days, but realized I never formally introduced myself.  So, here we go.  My husband and I are originally from TN; we spent the last three years in SoCal and just moved to AZ about a month ago.  We are currently renting a home.  I have always been fascinated by the paranormal and have had experiences since I was a kid.  Notable experiences: age 11, watched a shadow figure form in my home.  Later that year I had something grab (and yank) both my ankles while I was reading in bed.  Typically felt uneasy in my home.  After those events, I've noticed little things here and there over the years.  Too much to type here.

Recently in our new rental home, I have been home alone during the day and smelled a strong floral woman's perfume, which vanished just after I caught a whiff.  My husband and I both heard the faintest grandfather clock chime (we don't own one) and our kitchen light switches can be heard "clicking" as the lights go off in that room.  We aren't sure what's going on yet.

Thank you to all of you who have already been so kind and welcomed me on other threads :)  I look forward to being part of the community!

Erica

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

The fragrance, has it happened any other time? Same question for the grandfather clock. :sign0016:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 13 February 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

The fragrance, has it happened any other time? Same question for the grandfather clock. :sign0016:

Hi Mac, that was the only occurrence of the fragrance in our home.  I visited the Bullock Hotel in Deadwood, SD a few years back and walked through a similar "cloud", so to speak, of a perfume smell in our hotel room (we had been staying there overnight already, and I figured it wasn't an air freshener as it went away in a matter of seconds).  
Both my husband and I heard the clock one afternoon and have not heard it since.  It was so faint, at first I questioned whether I was really hearing anything - but then it continued to chime and I knew it was real.  I came out into the other room and my husband confirmed it.

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Welcome the forums eeek8 :)  Could the grandfather clock actually be chimes from a church? I know on quiet days around my house, I can hear the faint chimes from one of the churches around here.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#5 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:38 AM

Thanks MrsFrootLoops!  That is a good thought, although I can most definitely say it was not a church bell (we don't have any in the area and it was a very distinct clock chime, rather than church bells).  But that's something of which I never would have thought!

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

Our local church has chimes in our steeple clock, as well as a church bell. The clock will chime every hour and the bell is rung only at the beginning and ending of Sunday service and in case of an emergency, when the town needs to rally the citizens to the town green.

One day the bell rung during the week, scared the crap out half the town. Everyone was calling the police, asking what was wrong. The police had no clue why the bell was ringing, so I called the church and found out a bride wanted the bell rung for her wedding. I informed the reverend, that the bell is only rung for Sunday service or an emergency. I told him to go read the town's charter.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

That is a funny story, Mac!  I feel like that chime on the hour would drive me mad, though.

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Welcome to the forums!

The hourly chime really isn't a problem.   I live within earshot of about four churches that have them and one that has a carillion (musical bells).   I only notice them when I'm outside and very occasionally when all the windows are open and it's quiet.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#9 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Thanks, Tantric.  I do enjoy musical church bells, they are so pretty.  I wouldn't mind that, I guess ;)  I love historic churches... wish we had more of them around here.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards eeek8 :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Heya eeek8!
Posted Image