• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

I moved to a building that has been here since this was a stagecoach stop. Before I go too far, I want to be clear, Iíve never believed in ghosts till I moved here. I do now though.

The first thing I noticed is that it likes to open, then close the front door. I check to make sure itís latched, but even when there is no wind, it will open about the same distance as a person coming in, then close. I have witnesses to this happening. And before anyone says ďitís an old building. Maybe it moves and causes it.Ē, itís a building built out of rock with 2í thick walls. Itís not moving. I bet it could withstand artillery.

The second thing I noticed is it once in a while throws things. The only time I had a witness to that happen, I had 6 other people here and an object, not a small one, fly off a shelf and hit something else. I just measured it. The shelf is 50Ē high and the object it struck is 94Ē away. Thatís a fairly flat trajectory. Thatís also the most spectacular example of that.

The weirdest one is both I and my dog have seen shadow figures. The first time I was laying in bed next to my dog and we were watching tv. Sheís a tv watcher so we were both looking at it. Suddenly she perked up and looked left, so I looked to see what she was looking at. Unlike what Iíve read about shadow figures, this wasnít an out of the corner of your eye then vanish thing. It was as if you took the shadow of a person and pulled it off of the wall and it was floating in space. It was as transparent as a shadow. It strolled from my bathroom across the bedroom and into the kitchen. When I got up and looked, it was gone.

The second time, it wasnít noticed by me or the dog till it was about halfway between the door to the kitchen and the bathroom. It went into the bathroom and was gone.

The third time, again my dog saw it first, it was just standing between the bathroom and kitchen. We looked at it and it walked into the bathroom and was gone.

The fourth time it was just standing outside the bathroom door and we looked at it for a few seconds and it vanished. The four times itís been seen were spaced out over a period of about eight months or so. Itís not as solid as the photo in the one thread on here either. It is as transparent as a shadow. It doesnít have any kind of glow. It doesnít have any distinct edges. It is adult sized and looks like itís walking when it moves. This doesnít exactly fit any of the descriptions of shadow people Iíve read. Itís not an out of the corner of my eye and then vanish, or thick and dark, type descriptions Iíve read.

Iíve also felt cold spots and caught the smell of cigar or cigarette smoke. I canít tell which. I was on subs for many years and I think it wrecked my sense of smell. If I smell it, itís strong. When I smell the smoke, I have been walking every time. I walk fast. Always have. I smell it, stop, turn around and go back to find it and itís gone. No trace of the smell left at all. Itís the only phenomenon that I have no witnesses for. Itís only happened three times.

Because of these things, I started asking neighbors if theyíve seen anything to make them think this place is haunted. 100% have said yes. My neighbor upstairs and one to the east, said his likes his kitchen drawers and cabinet doors. It will open them all at night. Heís seen shadow figures. Heís also caught smells but the smell he hats is body odor. And like in my place, he turns around and itís gone. Heís Native American. He got a crow medicine man to do a smudge ceremony to get rid of it. I asked if it worked and he said ďOh hell no. It went wild for two days. I told it Iíd be nice and not do it again if itís nice.Ē  

The interesting thing about his place, is thereís a guy upstairs and two to the west. His kitchen drawers and cabinet doors open at night also. They donít know each other. They are the only two that happens to.

Thereís a lot more I could write, but itíd take you two hours to read it all. I should mention that the place one to the west of me is a business downstairs and the upstairs was a brothel that was abandoned a hundred years ago and hasnít been touched since. Down the street to the west is a bar that got the first liquor license after prohibition, but has been in business more than a hundred years, including during prohibition, they just operated out of the basement. Itís upstairs is the same thing. Abandoned. They got a new owner a few years ago and put the office upstairs. They abandoned that idea right away because itís too haunted. Nobody wants to go up there.

My question isnít so much about the ghosts as it is why this one area is so freakin haunted? Have any of you ever heard of areas just crawling with ghosts? And by the way, all of the descriptions fall into the same kinds of things. Shadow people, things moving, smells that vanish, voices which happened to me too once, etc. All the same kinds of things. Iíve never been anywhere with a ghost, let alone an area that apparently has a bunch. What makes this such a hot spot?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:26 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum Wild West :)

The first thing that came to my mind with the doors opening and closing  and seeing it transverse the same are is a Residual Haunting; although that doesn't quite fit the things being thrown so maybe you have an intelligent haunting as well.

I will be interested in what others think :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:06 AM

Thanks. Hopefully somebody can answer why this spot is so haunted. It’s all very interesting to say the least. None of it seems evil or dangerous. It’s just there.

#4 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:00 AM

PURELY from the information in your post, I would say that some of the events do sound to be residual. Certainly the voices, smell of smoke and body odour, and potentially the shadow figure and the opening/closing of the front door. This could be more the case if the door in question is in its original location from the original build of the property. There also seems to be a pattern of the noted entity moving either to or from the bathroom. However, the throwing of items and opening of cupboards could be more of a sign of an intellectual haunting with the spirit(s) trying to get your attention (in a 'Hey, I'm here - notice me' way).

Without further evidence and knowledge of the area, it would be difficult to say why there could be so much activity in one area. You mention an old brothel. This could be a source for the activity as, to be honest, brothels were not really nice places back in the day, with lots of negative activities usually happening 'behind closed doors', and there would also have been a lot of movement, by individuals, in and out of the location. The same could be said for stagecoach stops back in the day, with the potential for shootings, suicides, robbery and assaults occurring within or around the location.

With a common occurrence of cupboards being opened within a number of close locations, this particular occurrence may just be down one entity moving between locations (further boosting the potential idea of an intellectual haunting).

If this was happening to me, I would rule out all possible natural explanations (high EMF and infrasound 'poisoning', for example) first. Not that I do not believe you for one moment, but this is the way to investigate. Start at the obvious. If you can rule out the 'explanable' first, then only the 'unexplainable' can be left. Record everything - things you do, experiences with times and how long they last for (looking for patterns here) and anything else relevant to the situation. Once I had done that, I would run a number of EVP sessions to try and ascertain any names you could then substantiate through research. For example, you may receive the name 'Kitty' in an EVP and, following up by research, find that a prostitute called Kitty Mace had lost her life in 1874 at the brothel by suicide. It is a starting point and can assist you with further investigation.

Once you know what, or whom, you are possibly dealing with, then you can formulate a plan of action. If it is residual - you could learn to live with it or consider moving. If it is intellectual, try to contact further through EVP sessions (or using any other investigative method - other than a Spirit Board) and try to acknowledge the entity's presence. Make it aware that this is now your home but you are happy to co-exist (if that is a fair assumption). That might be enough to make the activity drop to more 'acceptable' levels once you acknowledge them. If it is a spirit 'stuck', you may be able to offer to assist it to cross-over (you may need help from someone who is experienced in doing this sort of thing) if that is what they want.

If this turns out to be a negative energy (which nothing you have stated so far points to it being so. Yes, poltergeist activity can be frightening, but does not necessarily mean it is negative in nature), then I cannot tell you here and now in this forum how to deal with that. A lot will depend on any faith you follow and your beliefs. Doing the wrong thing, however, can make things worse and you have already given us an example of this - the Native American neighbour getting a medicine man in. What if this was the spirit of someone from during the time of unrest between settlers and Native Americans? The one thing that would REALLY wee them off would be a Native American medicine man doing their thing! I guess you can see what I am trying to get at - 'Use water to put out a fire - not petrol'.......

Keep us updated on anything else that happens. Members of this forum are only too happy to give advice and help you (if that is what you are looking for?) but again, need more evidence to go off, so anything you can post up (videos, audio, etc) would be beneficial.
Posted Image

#5 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:19 AM

Welcome WW... interesting post.  In MHO, about everywhere we go is haunted... just some places are more active than others.  It sounds as if where you live has a long history of strong energies.  I agree with the others that a good portion of it could be residual.  It could be a combination of residual and also something intelligent may be trying to get your attention which gives you the choice of ignoring it (hope it stops) or as titch says try to record an evp.  However, once you acknowledge that you know it is there that could open up a new can of worms. As long as it isn't trying to harm you or frighten you then you simply try to co-exist.   Earlier in the year I had a face to face stand-off with a shadow figure on an investigation in the hallway of the dungeon area of a jail.  I think it was trying to scare us off.  I said, "I see you and you're not scaring anyone..."  My recorder picked up an EVP which said, "That's me".   It didn't bother us after that.   Good luck to you hope it works out.

#6 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:41 AM

The only time Iíve heard a voice, it was in the front room. I walked till I found where it was coming from and with it right in front of me, I could tell it was a woman, but I couldnít understand a single word it was saying, let alone get a name. If I was to have it happen again, is there a way to record it and maybe clean it up so you can understand it?

#7 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:30 PM

As quite rightly mentioned by ParanormalEmpath above, acknowledging a spirit could cause other things to start happening. However, the opposite could also be true. You might 'frustrate' a spirit by ignoring it and things could intensify as it seeks to be acknowledged. We don't know how this presumed spirit passed on, and it may be a case that the entity does not know it actually has, but everyone around it is 'ignoring' it's attempts at communication. So, it tries a little harder next time, causing (although unintentionally) more fear in occurrences that are happening.

Just something to bear in mind...

The first question you need to ask yourself is, do I want to find out what this is? By all of your accounts, nothing really 'negative' has happened yet. Potentially frightening, yes, but nothing that can be construed as an 'attack' on you. So you could just ignore it and re-evaluate if things actually intensify further.

If you do want to know what this is, then get yourself a cheap digital voice recorder - they do the same job as the really expensive units seen on some investigative shows, although granted, the quality may not be as good. The one I use personally is a cheap Chinese thing I picked up on eBay for around £6.00, but records really clear audio, good quality and has a good sized memory in it. I can also plug headphones in for monitoring without background interference. I am not a big fan of EVPs recorded on mobile phones. This is because modern day phones are full of technology, receiving multiple signals of some type or another, and there is the potential of cross-contamination in any digital recording. A voice recorder is just that, and no more, converting sound energy to electrical energy and datafying it.

I also recommend videoing any session that is run. This can be done on a phone if you do not have access to a camcorder. Any video can be used to substantiate a claim of EVPs. For example, if you get a recording of an EVP on the voice recorder, and a video clearly shows that you were alone in a room/area and not talking at the time of the capture, it is more compelling than just stating you caught an EVP and producing an audio file for people to listen to.

Amy and Adam from kindred Spirits have a saying that I was taught years ago - treat the dead as you would the living. Be respectful. Never antagonise. Talk and ask questions as you would to anyone else. Introduce yourself and let them know that this is now your home. Explain the voice recorder and what it does - it may be an item that a spirit has never 'seen' before and may be weary of interacting with it. Ask if there is anyone who would like to talk with you, or if there is anyone who needs your help. Whatever you ask, if you get a response, follow through with it and try to get more information by politely continuing your questions. The ultimate goal is to try and get a name that can be substantiated through historical records during research of the property or area. Don't forget, if you do get responses, thank the spirit for talking with you and giving you information. It shows respect.

As disembodied voices can come through randomly, and are usually quite short in duration,  being prepared to capture it 'if it happens again' may not be possible. Do a number of sessions at various times of the day, and evening, yourself. Note on each recording that you make where you are, who is present and the time. If something happens to 'contaminate' the recording (i.e. you bump into a piece of furniture), note it on your recording. Run burst sessions - between 30 seconds and 2 minutes each, with pauses between your questions, before reviewing each session and trying to see if anything clearly audible has recorded. Note the time at the end of each recording. Whatever responses you get, do not panic. If you feel yourself getting frightened by any response, politely say goodbye and stop.

Not all recordings will be audible through the recorder's speakers. They can often be distorted. Also use headphones (if it has the capability) to listen to recordings on the device. You may also want to use software on a laptop or desktop to view the file once transferred across from the recorder via USB (most digital voice recorders have this capability).

What software you use is up to you. I personally use Cool Edit Pro for all my EVP work. Other investigators use Audacity, another good piece of software but the UI has a bit of a steeper learning curve. Whatever you use, you need to be able to view the file's waveform and have filtering capabilities (amplification and noise reduction at a minimum). Have a look at the waveform in the software, particularly within the pauses on your recordings initially - these are the easiest places to note any strange/out of place waveforms. You can isolate the section, zoom into the wave and/or increase the dB value (amplify) the section on suspect waveforms. You can also filter off hisses, clicks and pops to make the recording a little more cleaner. Be careful not to over filter your recordings - you can actually produce 'false positives' from perfectly natural sounds picked up. Once you have looked at the pauses, then look at the waveforms where you ask questions whilst listening to them at the same time. You may notice something mingled in with your questions. Again, select, zoom and filter if required.

If you do capture anything, you can always upload the file to https://vocaroo.com and post the link to the audio file in this forum where members can give their opinions (which is always good practice from an investigative point of view), or run it through more advanced filtration techniques on their own machines.

Edited by titch2k6, 24 January 2021 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:32 PM

OK. I hate to sound like a newbie, but what does EVP stand for? One thing I might mention about the voice episode, when I said I walked to where it was coming from, I mean I stood 2í in front of it. I could tell exactly where it was coming from but saw nothing. It was like 3:30 in the morning. The only people around here that may be up at 3:30 are cops so Iím sure it wasnít a neighbor. Plus as I said, I could tell exactly where it came from. It was a spot roughly the height of my head, in the north east end of the front room. If I do manage to get a recording, is there software I can clean up the sound so itís interlinked?

Also, none of whatís going on around here seems to evil or mean. Itís just there. Iím sure having to close everything in the kitchen in the morning could get a little old, but thatís about as bad as any of it gets.

On another note, I should mention, my shadow person has always been on a very narrow path between the bathroom and the kitchen. I crossed it today and hit a very distinct cold spot but saw nothing. Hereís another interesting thing. Iíve had cold spots before and none have been on that path so it may be coincidence. I have also asked for any spirit to give me a sign. None cooperated.

I didnít mean interlinked, auto correct got me. I meant intelligible

#9 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:51 PM

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon   Simply put it is just your voice recorder... you ask questions... see if you get any responses.  Most of the time you cannot hear the responses as you record them.  You will hear them when you play the recording back if they are there.  The shadow person may be residual energy and just follows the same path over and over.   For audio clean up you can use a free software program Audacity.  Personally, I don't like manipulating or altering EVP's as it may ruin the credibility of the recording.  It is good that none of it is evil or mean.  You can just consider it an interesting learning experience.  Best of luck.

#10 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:18 AM

Just to expand on Empath's answer, EVPs are sounds found on electronic recordings that are interpreted as spirit voices that have been either unintentionally recorded, or intentionally requested and recorded. From a haunting point of view, and based on the scientific law of 'Conservation of Energy' (which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or changed from one type to another), EVPs are believed to be the result of electrical and/or atomic energy ('energy' is a property of 'matter') changing to sound energy and at frequencies that, majority of the time, we cannot hear. It is also thought that in some instances, equipment like digital recorders can pick up on, and record, electrical energy directly (static electricity can produce 'white noise' on a recorder).

Again, supporting what Empath has said, you should not manipulate or alter an EVP. However, that being said, basic amplification and noise removal from an EVP is generally acceptable where they are submitted with an original copy of any recording caught. ASSAP (Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena), of which I am a member, do some good courses on working with EVPs and how to correctly process them as viable evidence. There is no such software that will allow you to make an EVP 'more intelligible' - you get what you get, and why EVPs are put into one of three classes based on their clarity (you may have heard the phrase 'a Class A EVP' on paranormal shows).

The thing is with EVPs to note, is that what is heard by different people is not always consecutive. People can hear different things from the same recording (which is why it is good practice to get the view of others on any recordings captured). We recently had a posting in one of the Facebook groups I am in where a member posted up an EVP they captured. I have posted it here as a reference. Now, stated by the OP, this was caught at 01:30 in the morning on a mobile phone's sleep monitor app. The OP says that there was only her husband in the bed at the time with the app running at the side of him. The recording I have linked had a noise reduction filter applied to it, and amplified by +10dB, by myself. There is no TV in the room that was on and the door to the room was shut. Listening to it, I hear "It can't breathe.........it buuurrrnnnnssss" followed by an exhaled breath and then a snore or low growl towards the end. However, others that have listened to the recording hear, "I can't breathe........I'm going to die". Such is the way of EVPs and how we process information differently as individuals. The OP did catch something unusual, that is not deniable, but is this a genuine EVP or something else caught by the device's electronics or through the app - I will let you be the judge of that. I hold an open mind on this recording based on the facts that i) it was captured on an app that someone engineered (I have actually reverse-engineered the app's .apk file and checked for any word generation databases located in the install files, but none were found), ii) the length of the recording and iii) the clarity of the recording......

On a final note, you state that "my shadow person has always been on a very narrow path between the bathroom and the kitchen. I crossed it today and hit a very distinct cold spot but saw nothing. Here's another interesting thing. I’ve had cold spots before and none have been on that path so it may be coincidence", and, " I have also asked for any spirit to give me a sign. None cooperated".

Firstly, your primary statement leads me to believe even further that you potentially have two entities present - one 'residual' and one 'intelligent'. The 'residual' is the one repeating it's path between the bathroom and kitchen. You have noted cold spots in other areas other than on that path - this could be the 'intelligent' entity that has been noted as throwing an object and opening cupboards.

Secondly, in your second statement, if the voice heard is that of 'residual' in nature, you will not get a response from asking it anything. It is a moment 'recorded' in time and cannot respond to you intellectually. if it is the 'intelligent' entity, it may just not want to communicate with you, no matter how much you try.......

Do you know of anyone who is a member of a Paranormal Group in your area? Maybe you could ask them to bring some of their equipment in (Rempods, SLS camera if they possess one, IR camcorder, Portal Box, etc). Or, if comfortable with it, look for a group near you and invite them to investigate on your behalf. The majority of respectable groups will not charge for their service as they are only too happy to be given the opportunity of an investigation. Obviously, in the current climate, this may not be able to be done for a while and until all involved can be safe from Covid.

Edited by titch2k6, 25 January 2021 - 05:23 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:05 AM

Iíve never met anyone who was into paranormal stuff. Iím not sure anyone around here is. I think what Iíll try is walk over to the spot where I heard the voice come from and video. Ask some questions and see if I get anything.

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:50 PM

That sounds good WW - lets see what you get :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:24 AM

I did a walk through the front and asked if anyone was there with my video going on my phone. I walked right through where I heard the voice come from. Then I played it back several times.  I got nothing. I have a good video camera and I think Iíll try setting it on a tripod pointing to where the voice came from and see if I get anything.

I have been here about nine months. As I said, I got the voice once. I got shadow figures four times. I have had a lot of door openings compared to the rest of the stuff, but still not often enough to likely be caught on video. Iím not sure how to increase my chances.

I did talk to the bar down the street and while most of their stuff happens upstairs, they do have drinks flying off of the bar by themselves on security camera video.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the update and I look forward to hearing more; but I also hope it stays quiet for you too :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:41 AM

View PostWild West, on 30 January 2021 - 01:24 AM, said:

I have been here about nine months. As I said, I got the voice once. I got shadow figures four times. I have had a lot of door openings compared to the rest of the stuff, but still not often enough to likely be caught on video. I'm not sure how to increase my chances.

By what you are telling us, it sounds like the activity you have experienced is more transient in nature and potentially from a visiting spirit over that of a 'residential' entity. If it was bound to the property, I would have expected more activity than you describe. Again, this goes off my belief, due to the common activities between a number of locations, this is a spirit who moves between properties. I could be wrong, but it is always difficult to give accurate explanations without an in-depth investigation.....

There are things you can do to increase your chances - but again, I ask how far do you want to take this?

If you do want to take this further, you can build, very cheaply, a basic EM Pump to 'charge' the area you are working in with electromagnetic energy. This will provide a source of energy to weaker entities, although with cupboards opening and thrown items, it does not sound like they need more energy (an entity must have a degree of energy already to be able to do these things from the outstart). Obviously, the caveat to this is that you could draw in more activity (or entities) by providing such an energy source for them to 'feed' from.

An EM Pump would cost you around $15 to build (depending on where you source the materials), and needs a basic knowledge of soldering. We build these for £12 all-in here in the UK - cheaper if we can salvage a motor from an old CD drive. If you are interested, I will post instructions in the 'Equipment' forum for everyone to read (which I may do anyway, along with instructions for other kit we use and build ourselves - cheaper than buying and gives a better understanding on how electronic equipment used in investigations actually works).
Posted Image

#16 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 12:41 AM

Thank you. That would be good. As I said, my whole area seems to be haunted as all get out. Itís all very similar. Some places have more things being moved than others. Mine has a bit of moving things. Mostly doors. It has tossed things off of shelves a few times, interestingly that always occurred with outside witnesses. But none of it seems threatening. Iíd like to check out the equipment. I appreciate the input.

#17 Wild West

Wild West

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:01 AM

One more quick question. Since Iíve never researched or seen this stuff before, what is a typical frequency for it to occur?

#18 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 05:21 AM

View PostWild West, on 31 January 2021 - 01:01 AM, said:

One more quick question. Since I've never researched or seen this stuff before, what is a typical frequency for it to occur?

You need to define your question a little further Wild West - what is 'it' to which you are referring to about frequencies?

If you are on about EVPs, which are not just 'voices' on recorders (these are technically classed as EVRs - Electronic Voice Recordings) - they also include spirit boxes and ghost portal communications - they can be received over various frequencies within the infrasound range (more so than the ultrasound range, although you can, on rare occasions, get EVPs at the higher frequencies). Infrasound is typically defined by any frequency below 20Hz (Ultrasound above 20KHz). The human hearing range is between 20Hz to 20KHz.

Infrasound (and Ultrasound) can affect humans at the right frequencies. For example, there is what is known as the 'Ghost frequency' in Infrasound which is found at 18.89Hz. This is a frequency that cannot be heard, but you can 'feel' its effects. In many people, this feeling manifests itself as fear or paranoia. You can 'feel' something in the room, but none of your other senses register anything consciously. This incongruence creates discomfort which in turn manifests as fear. This frequency also resonates with the human eye and can make us see things that are just not there. The most dangerous Infrasound frequency for us is 7Hz. This is the frequency that can resonate with our internal organs and can interfere, particularly, with the heart.

Monitoring for the existence of Infrasound intrusion should be something that a good investigative team will always do from the very start of an investigation, along with checking for high EMF levels that can cause similar issues. A number of 'haunted' experiences can be put down simply to Infrasound or EMF 'poisoning'.

Edited by titch2k6, 31 January 2021 - 05:25 AM.

Posted Image

#19 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,065 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:31 AM

View PostWild West, on 31 January 2021 - 01:01 AM, said:

One more quick question. Since I've never researched or seen this stuff before, what is a typical frequency for it to occur?

I will make a suggestion to you that was made to me some time back.  Start keeping a journal and document time & date of everything you notice / experience.  In my situation, it showed me the pattern of when we would experience stuff in my house. I was only tracking the static occurrences...I was not doing anything to stimulate activities.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#20 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:31 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 01 February 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

I will make a suggestion to you that was made to me some time back.  Start keeping a journal and document time & date of everything you notice / experience.  In my situation, it showed me the pattern of when we would experience stuff in my house. I was only tracking the static occurrences...I was not doing anything to stimulate activities.

Get your question now Wild West. Sorry, I can be too analytical sometimes.....

As Louczar says, keep a journal. It is one of the simplest tools you have at your disposal initially. You may see a pattern to, or how frequently, things are happening that otherwise you may miss. Not all hauntings have patterns or a frequency of  occurrences though - events can also happen totally ad-hoc. You should be patient with it - an investigation can run from a few hours to a few months but, as far as you can, enjoy the experience (do not fear it) and learn from it.
Posted Image