#1 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image

Poltergeists are probably one of the most powerful and destructive of the haunting phenomena. Cases have been recorded worldwide and are often the product of high levels of stress or emotion being exerted, usually by an adolescent child. This article gives a brief insight into the common attributes of a typical Poltergeist Haunting as well as the best methods for documenting and dealing with them

http://www.actforlib...eist-phenomena/

Edited by KlaineyGStudy, 07 August 2017 - 05:39 PM.
To replace the 3rd party Photobucket cursed advertisement

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

24 years of research I have never come across a single one like this.

Now that said Poltergeist or "noisy ghost" could also be defined as one that just moves things rather than destroys them I think Hollywood added to the definition
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#3 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Interesting Poltergeist Data
  • Statistics show that out of 100 investigated cases of poltergeist infestations, only 12% are investigated by competent outsiders
  • activity itself seems to be more intense during the evening rather than the morning
  • household bills can often jump up to huge amounts, as the activity affects the electrical meters and readings.
http://strangegr.tri...ities/id32.html
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#4 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Subjective evidence for a report.
Who would determine who is competent? By what parameter?
How was the study commissioned?

Just questions on that one.

Not saying that I disagree with any of those points.
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#5 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

I believe the article is exposing a fact which might be sort of well known right now..  There is no current standard.  No adopted protocol except those initiated internally by Psi Organizations. And some of them are severely siloed.  Loyd Auerbach has tried to shed light on the subject - a need for a baseline method.

Since 99.99% of Poltergeist cases involve residential homes. Where they manifest sort of puts them out of reach of a reputable research team(s) and I use that word reputable loosely.

One thing is for certain man-kinds loose governing model for investigating case accurately and thoroughly hasn't slowed down the Poltergeist.  They continue to manifest whether we have a discipline in place or not.

I would have hoped that we would have had one by now, being that it's 2017. Not 1917.

#6 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

i would agree in the governing body model and teams being handled willy nilly
I would however say that poltergeist needs to be determined descriptively and proven before one can make a report whether that manifest at all.

But I do think, there is a baseline that needs to be employed.
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#7 jwc

jwc

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Poltergeist haunting are my special interest. My family lived in the house with poltergeist activity. It has always fascinated me.

#8 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

We welcome your stories JWC  in this community?    How did your family mitigate the "Geist" turmoil?

#9 jwc

jwc

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostMacQdor, on 08 August 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

We welcome your stories JWC  in this community? How did your family mitigate the "Geist" turmoil?
They moved. My Grandfather built a house in a suburb of Denver. The activity started soon after. Objects would be thrown, doors slammed, lights going on and off. My Aunt saw a strange creature  in the laundry room window. One day a strange man knocked at the door and my Grandparents answered it and talked briefly with an old man who said he used to live on the property. the old man than walked down the side walk and vanished right in front of their eyes.  I my self never witnessed what went on in that house, however there are several eye witnesses. Years later I was living with my Father and that very same Grandmother in a trailer in Arizona where we experienced a loud knocking on the front door early in the morning that would wake us, rocks being thrown at the trailer from nowhere, this was in an isolated desert area. We had voices foot steps , My Father and I witnessed orbs and shadow figures. My grandmother passed away and the activity escalated to the point where I moved out followed by my father not long after. The old trailer was torn down and someone build a new home on the property, after two months it was up for sale, someone else purchased it and after a year they also left. It is still on the market.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards jwc and thank you for sharing your experiences :yes: I found them interesting and spooky :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Tarinya

Tarinya

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

I'm not sure what to make of poltergeist activity. Those of you who have experience, what do you make of the theory that it's typically caused by adolescent aged children, primarily girls apparently, rather than by actual spirits?

#12 jwc

jwc

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 08 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hello and welcome to the boards jwc and thank you for sharing your experiences :yes: I found them interesting and spooky :)
Thank you

#13 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,447 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

Tarinya, that's the commonly accepted definition of poltergeist activity. IMO anything that involves an actual spirit is not a poltergeist, but many use the word just for stuff moving. Just semantics in the end
Posted Image

#14 jwc

jwc

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostTarinya, on 08 August 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure what to make of poltergeist activity. Those of you who have experience, what do you make of the theory that it's typically caused by adolescent aged children, primarily girls apparently, rather than by actual spirits?
I am inclined to think there might be a number of causes, some might be caused by telekinesis. In folk lore the activities of angry house, or nature spirits sound a lot like modern poltergeist activity.  Brownies  for instance where said to cause major disruptions if they where offended.

#15 Tarinya

Tarinya

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 08 August 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Tarinya, that's the commonly accepted definition of poltergeist activity. IMO anything that involves an actual spirit is not a poltergeist, but many use the word just for stuff moving. Just semantics in the end

Ah, gotcha...Thanks for clarifying Vlawde!

#16 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Tarinya

I'm not so quick to believe root cause if Poltergeist are young teenage children e.g. young adolescent girls.  I think that's 20th century thinking.

There existence is way more complicated than that.  If the theory of it  being teenage related then the question has to be asked.

1. Why is the phenomena similar the world over?  I mean 835 A.D. to now?

2. What's the correlation between adolescent children and  
Objects thrown?
Spontaneous firea?
Missing Objects a) asport B) apport and
c). Teleport?
3. Equipment malfunction and manipulation
4.)  Sound of russling paper
5.) Water puddles
6)  Weird animal sitings
7.)  And wall writings

#17 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Talking of Poltergeist activity, how are things with you now Keith?

View Postjwc, on 08 August 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Brownies  for instance where said to cause major disruptions if they where offended.
Here in the UK, Brownies are little Girl Guides but I would agree with your statement as my wife run the local Brownies for several year a while back and the little girls would cause major disruptions if offended :confused0068:

#18 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hello

I occasionally will witness asport/teleport at my new place of residence.  

The only constant that remains are
1.) sheet tugs
2.) bed movement
3.) poking and prodding while sleeping
4.) Pulsating mattress, pillow, and sheets
5.) heartbeats

I experienced water puddle phenomena Day 2 at the new place.

https://macqdor.box....5632k25ppcvbh13

heart beat video is uploaded as well.
examples

Edited by MacQdor, 11 August 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#19 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Orb

• GS Member
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. hiking in woods. kayaking. video games. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditations. crystals, minerals and gemstones.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Thank you for sharing your article on here. It's very interesting!! :) I hope you stick around and enjoy your time on here.

Posted Image

#20 jwc

jwc

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 11 August 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Here in the UK, Brownies are little Girl Guides but I would agree with your statement as my wife run the local Brownies for several year a while back and the little girls would cause major disruptions if offended :confused0068:
They can indeed my sister was one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users