Spirit Box Session-- The Best Clips From 9 Minute Session 8/8/2017

16 replies to this topic

#1 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hey Everyone, this was a less than 9 minute session I did with a detuned PSB-7 Spirit Box and speaker.. I recorded everything with an iPod. I will not post what I think I hear until further down in the post. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

https://instaud.io/19Xh I am pretty sure at the end of the clip, my voice was copied. That's me at the beginning speaking. The voice at the end, which was not me, sounds pretty much like me in my opinion. I was previously asking how many spirits were around, in the clip, you hear me say "can you give me a number?", right at the beginning.

https://instaud.io/19Xi It's a little troublesome what is said here, not from a LGBT standpoint, but as a confusion point. It's almost like a lost soul, trying to figure out exactly who they are?

https://instaud.io/19Xj This one is pretty much just what it is, not a voice but maybe a communication tactic?

One of the most direct responses I've ever gotten https://instaud.io/19Xm Notes are below..

* I believe in clip 1 what is being said is " about 8" Followed by "At Least" and the voice sounds like my own, but it's not me.
Clip 2- "I think I might be a girl" in a prominent male voice
Clip 3- Phone call attempt
Clip 4- After I ask "You guys ready to go to bed?" The same male voice in Clip 2 says "I'm thinking of it"

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

Hi Roxstar I have to go to work soon but will be checking these out when I get home :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I will check them out tomorrow as well. Just got off a podcast
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#4 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Yes! You're back! Thanks for posting these. The phone beeps and mimic were pretty cool.

This reminds me of when I was little. I used to use the dial on the car radio, moving it back and forth while talking to it. I thought it was just a silly game and played with it often. Really felt like it was talking to me. I didn't know any better back then.

Oh! Anybody ever turn the volume all the way up while the car was off to watch them jump when they started it? lol

Edited by Mikaru, 09 August 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#5 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

I myself don't get anything from them. Maybe I don't gather that clarity. I am somewhat biased against the SB7/11 as well as some of the similar devices. The 1st one I listened couldn't tell, then I read what you said was said and I could sort of hear it. However am I hearing that now as my mind now knows what to expect.

I'm no expert on the use of these devices. But I can appreciate using them to see if they can work. As I am with anything that is experimental and kept in context
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

View Postchapsparanormal, on 09 August 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

The 1st one I listened couldn't tell, then I read what you said was said and I could sort of hear it.

There lies the difficulty of being told what to hear commonly referred to as cognitive bias. The best control in this situation is to hand out individual pieces of paper to all those who want to convey what they hear. Listen 3 times and then have it written and submitted to one person to read. Any evidence is immediately tainted when cognitive bias is introduced.

I realize on the internet the control can't be used efficently on a single thread. Ideally, every participant needs to PM the requestor.

I will not comment on this branch of ITC study other than there are additional pitfalls making it much more difficult to authenticate and that I do not include this in my study for my own reasons. To each their own.

Good luck Rox.

Edited by EVP, 10 August 2017 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image

#7 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

OH actually it's really quite easy :yes: just put the "what you hear" in spoiler tags AND everyone who hears something should do likewise when posting. If everyone uses the spoiler tags then there are no contamination issues :no:

Spoiler

- siguie -

#8 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

View Postsiguie, on 10 August 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

OH actually it's really quite easy :yes: just put the "what you hear" in spoiler tags AND everyone who hears something should do likewise when posting. If everyone uses the spoiler tags then there are no contamination issues :no:

Spoiler

You're right but the key here is to get the cooperation :) Good luck!
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

The first

Spoiler

2nd
Spoiler

and definitely what you think it was on the 3rd ;)
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hey, siguie.
Spoiler

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

Yeah it's hidden under special BBCode so if you are not a geek that reads code or looks at absolutely EVERYTHING you'll just have to catch someone using it :yes:

Ya noes "someone" could add the spoiler tags to a locked How To for this forum ... just sayin Posted Image

Do NOT LooK !!! it's absolutely not worth it :no:

Spoiler

- siguie -

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

View Postsiguie, on 11 August 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yeah it's hidden under special BBCode so if you are not a geek that reads code or looks at absolutely EVERYTHING you'll just have to catch someone using it :yes:

Ya noes "someone" could add the spoiler tags to a locked How To for this forum ... just sayin Posted Image

Do NOT LooK !!! it's absolutely not worth it :no:

Spoiler

I so looked

Spoiler

Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Spooky's back.

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostRoxstar, on 08 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Hey Everyone, this was a less than 9 minute session I did with a detuned PSB-7 Spirit Box and speaker.. I recorded everything with an iPod. I will not post what I think I hear until further down in the post. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

https://instaud.io/19Xh I am pretty sure at the end of the clip, my voice was copied. That's me at the beginning speaking. The voice at the end, which was not me, sounds pretty much like me in my opinion. I was previously asking how many spirits were around, in the clip, you hear me say "can you give me a number?", right at the beginning.

https://instaud.io/19Xi It's a little troublesome what is said here, not from a LGBT standpoint, but as a confusion point. It's almost like a lost soul, trying to figure out exactly who they are?

https://instaud.io/19Xj This one is pretty much just what it is, not a voice but maybe a communication tactic?

One of the most direct responses I've ever gotten https://instaud.io/19Xm Notes are below..

* I believe in clip 1 what is being said is " about 8" Followed by "At Least" and the voice sounds like my own, but it's not me.
Clip 2- "I think I might be a girl" in a prominent male voice
Clip 3- Phone call attempt
Clip 4- After I ask "You guys ready to go to bed?" The same male voice in Clip 2 says "I'm thinking of it"

AND getting back on track ...

Pretty much only #4 sounds like what you said.

For #2 I get ...

Spoiler

And the phone call one needs to be tossed 'cuz it's just a common sound.

Sorry about getting this all off  topic!

Edited by siguie, 12 August 2017 - 04:23 PM.

- siguie -

#16 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone :) Spoiler tags are awesome.. Thanks Siguie I will start using those for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the spirit box and other ITC methods but I do love standard evp. Ghost boxes can be fun and I have had some pretty good results. I wish I had recorded the whole session but I was just too busy to do it, there were a lot more possible results.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#17 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostRoxstar, on 16 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies everyone :) Spoiler tags are awesome.. Thanks Siguie I will start using those for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the spirit box and other ITC methods but I do love standard evp. Ghost boxes can be fun and I have had some pretty good results. I wish I had recorded the whole session but I was just too busy to do it, there were a lot more possible results.
When do we get a taste of your evps? I'm sure they'll be a treat

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users