• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cosmicren

cosmicren

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:05 AM

Hello. I don't know how to go about this so please bare with me. I don't even know if I'm at the right place.
I think I'm being haunted.
Now, I've always been a sceptic, but I've always been open to my peers beliefs. I've always thought of the logical explanations of things, but this time I don't know how to explain it, so my friend suggested I turn to this.

Just for clarification here, I sleep with my windows and door shut. My bedside table is on my right side, therefore I can check the time and turn my lamp on without much movement.
Every night, at 2:30am, I get woken up. It's not a gradual waking up. It's a snap-wide-awake waking up. There is always an icy cold band around my left wrist. Like so cold it burns. When I turn my lamp on, using my right hand as I can't move my left wrist a lot when this happens, there looks to be an indent on the side of my bed next to my wrist, like someone had sat there. It's not left over from earlier in the night as I am an extremely fidgety sleeper. This is followed by the hair raising feeling that I am being intently watched. I'm always terrified. This lasts around 3 minutes, then it all disappears abruptly, like it never happened.
As a child, my mother's best friend was one of those individuals who could see and converse with ghosts. I was told I was like a lightbulb and that spirits were attracted to me like moths. But as I have a father who is an overpowering sceptic, I grew up thinking it was nonsense. Everything I saw as a child, like figures walking through walls and animals who used to disappear in a blink of an eye and the feeling of been watched in a room by myself or the sudden temperature change or things going missing within 5 minutes of me setting them down were brushed off as 'you were tired' or 'it's just stress'.

I'm faced with this feeling of worry when it's time for me to go to sleep. I keep thinking I'm over-reacting. The strongly sceptic side of me is trying to think of it logically, but the small part of me that grew up around my mother's best friend and a witch is telling me to be alert, and that this is something else.

Am I over-thinking this?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:19 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I think it is a question you need to answer for yourself.  

It is easy to be influenced by your parents when  young but at some stage, you need to tap into what you believe to be true or not. Once you are there I feel you won't need to ask, are you being paranoid!

It is always positive to logically work through your experiences and if they don't fall into the realm of normal it is ok to look at these experiences differently.  

It sounds like you are under a lot of anxiety when you go to bed and this could be a normal reaction once awake to feel terrified.
I feel you need to write your feelings down each night before sleep and after being rudely awaken you might see patterns and get some answers.

Maybe you could tell us if you have tried anything to alleviate your anxiety whether it be spiritual, Wicca or even positive affirmations. Have you mentioned your symptoms to your medical practitioner, you might find you are resting on nerves in your arm. Compressed nerves can often give off burning and cold sensation. It might be something to rule out!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

Hello and welcome, how are you going? It's been a while since we've heard from you :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 cosmicren

cosmicren

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:38 PM

Hello. Iím surviving.
I thought iíd just post this like this. As an update;
i took some time out to re-evaluate what i believe in and iíve concluded some things canít be explained logically. Logical thinking will always be my go-to. But feel like i can no longer think logically about this.
Before this all started happening more frequently, I wasnít anxious before going to sleep. I used to love going to sleep. These series of events has caused my anxiety. Iím still getting woken up at the same time every night.
I have tried a lot of things to alleviate the anxiety this has caused from meditation to sleeping medication, but it continues to happen. You name it, iíve probably tried it.
I always wake up flat on my back.
As far as my GP can see and evaluate; i am perfectly healthy.
Other things started to happen. I have a lamp in my room. Itís brand new. When i turn it on in the evening, sometimes it begins to flicker rapidly. Iíve changed the light bulb; still happens. Iíve got my stepdad to check the electric; thereís nothing wrong. I plug it in to different outlets in my room and it still happens, but when I gave it to my mother to plug into her room to test it out it was perfectly fine.
Electronic devices hate me. Like h a t e me. Phones that i use keep glitching and re-starting themselves. Laptops will randomly close down pages or restart when iím using it but when someone else uses it, itís fine. Stuff like that.
Seeing figures out the corner of my eye is becoming a curse of mine too. But I usually just brush them off as shadows of objects around me.
I hear voices too. Different voices calling my name or telling me to Ďlookí. Look at what I have no idea. But the more i ignore them, the louder they get. And my mental state is normal. I have no psychological issues and no mental illnesses.
Just thought Iíd post this update if anyone was interested. Iím not sure whatís going on anymore, haha.
But i donít think iím paranoid anymore.

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 05:10 AM

Thanks for the update and so glad you are surviving. It sounds like you no longer believe you are paranoid!

You need to stay in that headspace of survivor and learn skills to get past your sleep anxiety.  

You said you are taking something to help you sleep? Are you using prescription medication or something Over The Counter?

Did you know some prescription medications have short half-lives? So you might be getting 3- 4 hours of solid sleep which if you take them early in the night it wouldn't be working at 2:30 am! These medications could be addictive and are usually not prescribed for long term use.

OTC's medications are usually antihistamines that make you drowsy. I feel the combination of anxiety and certain triggers, like being afraid to sleep, could override the effect of an antihistamine!

Have you thought about recording yourself asleep, it could highlight why you might be waking up.

As for the strange things happening with electrical appliances, have a look at "Sliders" they are people known to have high levels of energy which influences electronics.  I saw a video on it, I will see if I can find it!
Posted Image

#6 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 04:36 PM

"Am I Being Paranoid?"

You seem to to be of sound mind to me.

There's a lot of spiritual activity/interference around you. This 'noise' can cause weird issues with electronic devices.

#7 cosmicren

cosmicren

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:37 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 31 May 2020 - 05:10 AM, said:

Thanks for the update and so glad you are surviving. It sounds like you no longer believe you are paranoid!

You need to stay in that headspace of survivor and learn skills to get past your sleep anxiety.  

You said you are taking something to help you sleep? Are you using prescription medication or something Over The Counter?

Did you know some prescription medications have short half-lives? So you might be getting 3- 4 hours of solid sleep which if you take them early in the night it wouldn't be working at 2:30 am! These medications could be addictive and are usually not prescribed for long term use.

OTC's medications are usually antihistamines that make you drowsy. I feel the combination of anxiety and certain triggers, like being afraid to sleep, could override the effect of an antihistamine!

Have you thought about recording yourself asleep, it could highlight why you might be waking up.

As for the strange things happening with electrical appliances, have a look at "Sliders" they are people known to have high levels of energy which influences electronics.  I saw a video on it, I will see if I can find it!
Hello.
I do feel an odd sense of relief after realising iím not paranoid.
I donít take anything for sleeping anymore after deciding it wasnít working for me. i didnít want to keep taking something that wasnít benefiting me in any way.  
I took a lot of herbal remedies and over the counter medication. i was offered prescription meds but declined as someone i know had an addiction and iím extremely wary.
i usually get to sleep fine at night, it just the waking up which bothers me as i go to sleep wondering if itís going to happen again.
iíve only ever recorded audio when iím sleeping, iíve never actually recorded myself. i may try that.

so the electrical problems are a result of me having high levels of energy? not a paranormal thing then?

Edited by cosmicren, 03 June 2020 - 06:45 AM.

#8 cosmicren

cosmicren

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 06:48 AM

View PostTrue North, on 31 May 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

"Am I Being Paranoid?"

You seem to to be of sound mind to me.

There's a lot of spiritual activity/interference around you. This 'noise' can cause weird issues with electronic devices.

Glad someone thinks iím sound of mind.

I thought my house had electrical problems. Turns out itís just me then.
Would it be spiritual activity thatís stemmed from me or from something thatís around/attached to me?

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:05 AM

View Postcosmicren, on 03 June 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

so the electrical problems are a result of me having high levels of energy? not a paranormal thing then?

It could be since it seems to be happening while you are using an electrical appliance although I must say my visitors like to use the lamps :D

I feel you need to cognitively recognise your sleep disturbances are similar to panic attacks when you realise these episodes don't cause any physical harm then they will cease their hold on you.

I am not saying something hasn't disturbed your sleep only whatever it is it can't harm you.
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:30 AM

This whole video is interesting but the part I was looking for starts at 28 mins

https://www.reddit.c...tm_medium=web2x
Posted Image

#11 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:33 PM

View Postcosmicren, on 03 June 2020 - 06:48 AM, said:

Would it be spiritual activity that's stemmed from me or from something that's around/attached to me?

Both. It's activity that originates from you + from passengers, attachments, and visitors. Things can get crowded.

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:36 PM

You might also want to look into meditation there are plenty that help with protection, strength, and sleeping aids as well. Hope you're doing well.

#13 cosmicren

cosmicren

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 04 June 2020 - 04:05 AM, said:

It could be since it seems to be happening while you are using an electrical appliance although I must say my visitors like to use the lamps :D

I feel you need to cognitively recognise your sleep disturbances are similar to panic attacks when you realise these episodes don't cause any physical harm then they will cease their hold on you.

I am not saying something hasn't disturbed your sleep only whatever it is it can't harm you.
Should I not worry too much about it then? It's never hurt me or anything, just touched me or effected things in my surrounding. The electrical appliances have been staying the same, very time I use my lamp or laptop it has a fit. I recently got a new phone, but nothing has changed with it.
When I get woken up now, I usually just ask whatever it is that is touching me if they wouldn't mid leaving me alone and I seem to get back to sleep a lot quicker. A few times, throughout the day and evening, I do see what looks like a figure out the corner of my eye but I've been brushing that off.
I feel a lot calmer now though, so thank you for all your help.

View PostTrue North, on 04 June 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Both. It's activity that originates from you + from passengers, attachments, and visitors. Things can get crowded.
So it's not something to worry about? Or do I need to do something about it?

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 09 June 2020 - 08:36 PM, said:

You might also want to look into meditation there are plenty that help with protection, strength, and sleeping aids as well. Hope you're doing well.
I'm doing well, hope you are too. I will definitely look into meditation again. Thank you!

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:06 AM

I think you are doing something about it. Otherwise I don't think you would be getting back to sleep so easily :shrug: I feel you have unknowingly set some rules :yes:

I have often said, "I don't mind hearing you but I don't like seeing and no touching".  They seem to respect that but sometimes I might have to go over my rules every now and again.
Posted Image

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

That's a good rule I like that one!