14 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

I saw a post you made in another topic about vinegar keeping spirits away...... interesting because I started cleaning strictly with white vinegar with a very small amount of dish liquid soap added. I never use any other cleaners because this works very well for everything, including mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, table tops, cleaning the microwave and stovetop, oven, windows, etc. Except laundry and washing dishes of course, it doesn't work for that. It is cheap and effective, and I have an aversion to chemicals. I am not alergic, I just don't like them!  I have been using this for a long time, and my ghost disapeared. I wonder if using the vinegar made him vanish??  I can't remember if I started using the vinegar at the same time the ghost vanished or not, but it's possible. You seem to know so much more than me about these things, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

Interesting thought. I am interested too :yes:

View PostSnickers, on 22 May 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

I saw a post you made in another topic about vinegar keeping spirits away...... interesting because I started cleaning strictly with white vinegar with a very small amount of dish liquid soap added. I never use any other cleaners because this works very well for everything, including mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, table tops, cleaning the microwave and stovetop, oven, windows, etc. Except laundry and washing dishes of course, it doesn't work for that. It is cheap and effective, and I have an aversion to chemicals. I am not alergic, I just don't like them!  I have been using this for a long time, and my ghost disapeared. I wonder if using the vinegar made him vanish??  I can't remember if I started using the vinegar at the same time the ghost vanished or not, but it's possible. You seem to know so much more than me about these things, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Ohhh yes! I would love to hear what you think about this Mac C!!!

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

I'd love to know more about this!! I clean up with vinegar from time to time
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

If you guys have vinegar out, I won't come around either lol. Like, in my head, for some reason, when I think of vinegar, I think of eating it mixed with dirt, and it grosses me out just even smelling it.
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Kawonkamish Nishnoh(Greetings Everyone),

Okay where to begin, it is possible that using the white vinegar "chased " the ghost away. To my knowledge, vinegar has been used from Biblical time to ward off negativity. If you're interested in a souped up version of vinegar, here's a good one. And yes, I know it has a funny name.  :rolleyes: ;)

4 Thieves Vinegar::
2 Tbsp Thyme, dried
2 TBSP Rosemary, dried
2 TBSP Sage, dried
2 TBSP Lavender, dried
2 TBSP Mint, dried
4-8 cloves of minced garlic, optional
32oz organic Vinegar
Sea Water(7 tsp sea salt to 2 pints of distilled water), optional

Place all the dried herbs and garlic (if using) into a large glass jar.
Add the vinegar to the herbs and seal tightly. Vinegar is corrosive to some metal lids, in this case, consider putting plastic wrap or a plastic bag on top and then putting on the cover.
Place the mixture in a cool, dark, place for 6-8 weeks; strain out the herbs using a small strainer and store the mixture in smaller jars for ease of use. If using the salted water, add it before using the vinegar mixture.

If negative spirits are around get an oil diffuser, the kind where you put the liquid in the dish above a candle holder. Pour the vinegar(or vinegar-salt water mixture) into it and place a tea light in the holder and light the tea light. Allow it to evaporate, add more vinegar as needed. Make sure the dish holding the liquid does not dry out completely. Generally when the tea light has burned out, whatever negativity that bothered you will be gone. You can pour some into a sprayer and spritz around the door frames, especially doors that lead outside and window sills, as well.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 24 May 2018 - 12:33 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thank you for sharing that! I might just give it a try :D

#8 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

I like your recipe! But I think I will stick to plain vinegar for cleaning. Maybe I really did 'scare' the ghost off then..... hmmm.

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 23 May 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

If you guys have vinegar out, I won't come around either lol. Like, in my head, for some reason, when I think of vinegar, I think of eating it mixed with dirt, and it grosses me out just even smelling it.
Mixed with dirt??  Eeewwww....  lol
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#9 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostSnickers, on 24 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I like your recipe! But I think I will stick to plain vinegar for cleaning. Maybe I really did 'scare' the ghost off then..... hmmm.

Mixed with dirt??  Eeewwww....  lol

I Know!! It's such a gross thought, and I don't know why it comes into my head, I've never eaten dirt (on purpose), and I really do not like the taste of vinegar, but it just.... like in my head, I can see it being mixed together, sitting in a cup, all gross, and like being eaten. and it's not like regular dirt, it's the potting soil kind... Isn't that like the weirdest thing?
Posted Image

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

That is a strange association!

#11 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

All new to me... but interesting information!  B)

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Thanks MacC :good:

You guys

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 24 May 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

I Know!! It's such a gross thought, and I don't know why it comes into my head, I've never eaten dirt (on purpose), and I really do not like the taste of vinegar, but it just.... like in my head, I can see it being mixed together, sitting in a cup, all gross, and like being eaten. and it's not like regular dirt, it's the potting soil kind... Isn't that like the weirdest thing?
EEEEEW! :sick: :yucky:

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

perlite too? sounds more like a recipe for compost. :)

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

:)

Posted Image

My Shop