A Strange Thing Happened To My Sister.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

Hi All,

A strange thing happened to my sister today.
For people who have not read my posts in other parts of this site, my father passed on 4th December after a losing his battle with Cancer. We have not had the funeral yet (4th Jan 2018)

My sister was at a funeral (husband of an ex-work colleague). She has not seen this ex-work colleague since the colleague left the job 2 years ago. This colleague was not aware that my sister has lost her father.

My sister did not know anyone else at the funeral.

After the service a man approached my sister and introduced himself as a medium and said to her that he could see that my sister had just lost her father and gave out some information which was very accurate and some information which did not seem accurate.

After this my sister came over to visit me to tell me. Being a sceptic I just brushed this off as some bloke doing a bit of cold reading until my sister mentioned a few of the facts which startled me.

Apart from the general stuff of your father has died, it was painless with just a few grasps of breath (died of lung cancer) which was true and can be classed as an assumption, but what got my attention was this person said that our mother was having issues with a light bulb and it was our father who was causing it. My sister at the time did not know what he was talking about until she spoke to me and I told her that I had just been over to mothers to change a flickering light bulb that morning..

A few other things this chap mentioned was that my father was with his pet dog Cindy. Now Cindy, my parents dog died 25 years ago so how he could accurately name the dog was quite striking. Of course as I was not there I can not be certain what information or cold reading that might have taken place.

The one thing that this chap said which I kind of feeling is not accurate was that her brother (ie Me) was struggling with my fathers death. I personally do not feel I am struggling with the death, yes I am upset at times but not struggling. I am trying to reach my father via EVP's (see my other threads) but this is not an act of desperation as I have been trying to get general EVP's for over 2 years now without luck from any spirit.

So....
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,031 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Very interesting. Could be a coincidence, but some of the details make you go hmmmm
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

Wow, that does make you go hmmm
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

The medium's knowledge of your father's death + the name of a pet + a recent light bulb change does not mean that their statements about your father being with his dog and causing light bulbs to flicker are true.

I sense an intent here, acting THROUGH the medium (meaning it was not the intent of the medium themselves), to encourage any family who long for contact with the deceased to look for and begin interpreting everything around them (lights flickering etc) as 'signs' of your father's presence.

#5 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Very cool! :yes:

If the medium didn't give your sister his card/contact info or suggest meeting in the future then I say just take it as a nice person who happens to be a medium trying to give help or comfort to someone that is grieving.

As for the you "struggling" part ... dude you dove into the deep end of after death communication research and are trying to contact your fathers spirit. To an outside observer "struggling" might just be a pleasant way of saying obsessing about contacting the other side. Personally I would not count that as a medium miss :no:

That said, the thing about funerals is it's not hard to figure out who is likely to be in attendance and between social media and personal blogs you can find a huge amount of personal information including casual mentioning of long passed pets.

So in my opinion, just accept what was said and be hopeful :yes: IF you want to be skeptic guy forget about the particulars of what was said and whether or not it "could" be real. Instead figure out how the deceased knew this guy or who in attendance brought him along. If he's a long time friend/acquaintance then cool BUT if no one has any clue who he is then maybe he's a conman or nutjob that wants people to think he's a medium. Personally I'd stick with hopeful optimism :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#6 Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

He gave his name when he introduced himself as Jonathan Brown, I have checked his name and found he was from another part of the UK and his twitter feed said he was visiting close friends for a funeral,

Anyway, I have Dad's funeral in a few hours and I needs to get some sleep.
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

My condolences regarding the passing of your father - I struggle daily with the loss of mine but that's just me.  Get some rest and maybe after things settle a bit maybe there's a discovery to be made. You never know.
Take care,
Michelle

#8 Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

It went quite well and we packed the Crematorium building out. I gave a long Eulogy which everyone praised me for such a wonderful and entertaining. It was hard in a few places and I know how hard it is now for anyone else who has lost a loved one.
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 04 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

It went quite well and we packed the Crematorium building out. I gave a long Eulogy which everyone praised me for such a wonderful and entertaining. It was hard in a few places and I know how hard it is now for anyone else who has lost a loved one.

Yes, it isn't a nice group to belong to. Just keep your memories close :heart:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com