• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SilverOrb

SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

This story is odd and happens in the one place you would not expect it to a Catholic University.

I went to a local private Catholic University for college. I'm not sure why they decided to but someone scheduled a ghost hunt. I went with a friend and we walked around the school in a big group. While outside we walked around some of the grounds surrounding the University. It was windy out and we walked near this road that cuts through the property.

It was dark but I could still see a little and I saw what looked like a humanoid creature moving near us and it went down the road and I lost sight of it soon after. I recall seeing something that looked similar before while on my way to school one day in the morning in a fenced off area. I know the locations of both these sightings and could point them out if someone wanted me to its still clear in my head.

The creature was gray in color and not wearing anything. I don't think it was a ghost it did not strike me as one at the time. If you want a mental image of it think of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings or the Rake from that internet creepy story. It has that hunched over posture and the grayish skin. To make it clear also I did not know of the Rake story yet so the images you may have seen online were not in my head as mental images. I found it when I went looking for answers though.

I did not see its face either time just what its back looks like and its general shape from a side view.

If anyone might know what it was I am all ears. I have looked into it a lot and found a few things it could be but its nothing really similar to what I saw.

Edited by SilverOrb, 04 June 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

Oh good lord, I read the title and thought you found a photo of me from my freshman year of high school. Lol.

It could of been anything, alien, ghost, demon, earth spirit of some kind, some guy in a mask....
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:08 PM

It is really hard to say what it was you saw, but it sounds creepy. When you saw it on your way to school was it moving or stationary?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:32 AM

Was it skeletal thin and have any pets gone missing in the area or has any animal carcasses been seen? If so, it could be one of a few things, but in all possibility, it could be a Wendigo. Did the creature look something like this?

.Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 SilverOrb

SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 04 June 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Oh good lord, I read the title and thought you found a photo of me from my freshman year of high school. Lol.

It could of been anything, alien, ghost, demon, earth spirit of some kind, some guy in a mask....

Should I be scared to see that picture then?

If it was a guy in a mask and body suit then get that guy a manager and put him in movies now!

#6 SilverOrb

SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 05 June 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Was it skeletal thin and have any pets gone missing in the area or has any animal carcasses been seen? If so, it could be one of a few things, but in all possibility, it could be a Wendigo. Did the creature look something like this?

.Posted Image

It kind of looked like that but not that skinny. If I am correct also a Wendigo is a cannibalistic Algonquian spirit/monster.
If you want a visual this pic works well similar setting also. (note the pic here is fake as far as I know)

I know two men where hung near the University back in the 1700's and around that time. I'm not sure what it could be there are so many things.

Posted Image

Edited by SilverOrb, 05 June 2018 - 07:27 PM.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:24 PM

I wouldn't like to see either of those :confused0068:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

I'll pass on ever wanting to see one of those.  Just the pics give me the creeps!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 SilverOrb

SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 06 June 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

I'll pass on ever wanting to see one of those.  Just the pics give me the creeps!!!

Good thing I never used a picture of the Rake then its nightmare inducing.

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

no thanks  i wouldn't want to see them either!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 jwc

jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostSilverOrb, on 04 June 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

This story is odd and happens in the one place you would not expect it to a Catholic University.

I went to a local private Catholic University for college. I'm not sure why they decided to but someone scheduled a ghost hunt. I went with a friend and we walked around the school in a big group. While outside we walked around some of the grounds surrounding the University. It was windy out and we walked near this road that cuts through the property.

It was dark but I could still see a little and I saw what looked like a humanoid creature moving near us and it went down the road and I lost sight of it soon after. I recall seeing something that looked similar before while on my way to school one day in the morning in a fenced off area. I know the locations of both these sightings and could point them out if someone wanted me to its still clear in my head.

The creature was gray in color and not wearing anything. I don't think it was a ghost it did not strike me as one at the time. If you want a mental image of it think of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings or the Rake from that internet creepy story. It has that hunched over posture and the grayish skin. To make it clear also I did not know of the Rake story yet so the images you may have seen online were not in my head as mental images. I found it when I went looking for answers though.

I did not see its face either time just what its back looks like and its general shape from a side view.

If anyone might know what it was I am all ears. I have looked into it a lot and found a few things it could be but its nothing really similar to what I saw.
I saw a similar creature looking in my bedroom window a few years back, it is an experience i will never forget

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

View PostSilverOrb, on 05 June 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

It kind of looked like that but not that skinny. If I am correct also a Wendigo is a cannibalistic Algonquian spirit/monster.
If you want a visual this pic works well similar setting also. (note the pic here is fake as far as I know)

I know two men where hung near the University back in the 1700's and around that time. I'm not sure what it could be there are so many things.

Posted Image

You are correct in your summation of a Wendigo. From what you posted, it never acknowledged your group, which I believe was lucky on your part. Lord knows, what could have happened if it had noticed all of you. I hope you never witness the creature again.

View Postjwc, on 08 June 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

I saw a similar creature looking in my bedroom window a few years back, it is an experience i will never forget

I hope you never have the chance of seeing something like that creature again.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

View Postjwc, on 08 June 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

You need blinds. They can't look at you if they can't see you
Posted Image

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

Good point!! *closes the blinds* does that go for Pooky too ?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

Pooky's gonna look at you no matter what, you just keep a soap on a rope around your neck and he won't try to eat you.... much. lol.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: strange, creepy