• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:50 AM

As we're heading into the spooky time of year, there's been plenty of great things on tv to watch !

I've been watching the Haunting on Hill House (not scary yet but apparently it gets freaky!)

And today I started watching the new Sabrina reboot. Definitely different to the one I watched in the late 90's!

For reference: https://www.vox.com/...-sabrina-review

So, what else should I be watching ?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

I loved The Haunting of Hill House! It was so good.

I just started Channel Zero The Dream Door. It’s a SyFy show. It’s weird and creepy. This is the 4th season but I’m not sure where you’d find the others. Each season is based on a different creepy pasta so it doesn’t matter if you watch the other seasons. They’re short too, this one is only 6 episodes.

Edited by lorac61469, 28 October 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,063 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

I signed up for a Netflix free trial and started watching House on Haunted Hill. After the first few episodes I thought it was slow and confusing. But the first few ones were kind of 'setting the table', so to speak. From episode 3 on it got WAY better, and is (IMO) a modern classic of horror. Plus the acting and writing are top notch, this is a quality production. Well worth the watch.
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Bird Box looks good too

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:25 AM

I've seen the commercials for the new Sabrina reboot.  I would love to hear what everyone else think that have watched it.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 29 October 2018 - 04:25 AM, said:

I've seen the commercials for the new Sabrina reboot.  I would love to hear what everyone else think that have watched it.

It is a lot darker

I think it could be her evil twin. LOL.

Like the episodes of  Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:22 PM

The new Sabrina show is being sued.

Satanic Temple Sues Over Goat-Headed Statue in ‘Sabrina’ Series

The Satanic Temple filed a lawsuit on Thursday against Warner Bros. and Netflix, alleging copyright violation of its goat-headed statue, which it says appears in the new “Sabrina” series.
The temple objected to the use of the statue’s likeness in the “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,” which features a much darker portrayal of the teenage half-human, half-witch immortalized decades ago in Archie comics.

In the lawsuit, filed in United States District Court in Manhattan, the plaintiffs ask for at least $50 million for each alleged infraction: copyright infringement, trademark violation and injury to the business’ reputation. They also request an injunction barring the companies from redistributing the series with the image of the statue. The temple argues that the television show not only copied its conception of the deity — a muscled figure with two young children staring up at it — but also that it gives the statue and the Satanic Temple itself a bad rap.

The Satanic Temple, based in Salem, Mass., defines its mission, in part, to “reject tyrannical authority” and to “encourage benevolence and empathy among all people.” Last year, the temple drew headlines for sponsoring a billboard in Texas that condemned corporal punishment.

Posted Image

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:57 PM

I think the plaintiffs are thinking "cha-ching" with this.

LOL  and the movie is giving the goat statue and satanic temple a bad rap :rofl:
Posted Image

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:23 AM

it's not too bad but yes, a lot darker than what I've watched previously!

The bird box poster looks like Michael Jackson! That's scary enough hahaha

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:34 AM

I watched a few episodes of Sabrina.  Darker is an understatement...
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:33 PM

it definitely has that creepy vibe haha

#12 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

I watched both Sabrina and the Haunting of Hill House from start to end. Sabrina, the first episode was terrible. After that it got better. By the end of the season, it was very interesting. Not creepy though. Just a bit of gore here and there. Hill House on the other hand... that was creepy. I found myself keep my hands and feet away from the edges of the bed in the dark lol. That was incredibly well done.

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

I've got one more episode of hill house to watch, I'm saving it cos I don't want to finish it hahaha

#14 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,550 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 10 November 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

I think the plaintiffs are thinking "cha-ching" with this.

LOL  and the movie is giving the goat statue and satanic temple a bad rap :rofl:

Artists, even when using "traditional and ancient motifs" still hold rights to the use of their work.
This particular statue is an artists very specific and identifiable work.  Used without the artist's permission, or payment to the artist.
(and yeah, this is an issue for me because I've had strangers grab my photos of my CAT for pete's sake off my site and packaged them in "copyright free stock photography" CD that they were selling...  that's not how copyright works, a third party can't just take a piece and claim it's clear for use without ASKING.  

Also Megumi has approval rights on all uses of her image. :D   )

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:01 AM

View Posttrin, on 13 November 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Artists, even when using "traditional and ancient motifs" still hold rights to the use of their work.
This particular statue is an artists very specific and identifiable work.  Used without the artist's permission, or payment to the artist.
(and yeah, this is an issue for me because I've had strangers grab my photos of my CAT for pete's sake off my site and packaged them in "copyright free stock photography" CD that they were selling...  that's not how copyright works, a third party can't just take a piece and claim it's clear for use without ASKING.  

Also Megumi has approval rights on all uses of her image. :D   )

Yes, you can clearly see the similarities between the two statues. I understand The Satanic Temple's Baphomet that cost $100.000 came from the likeness of Levi's (1856)  Baphomet. I still think TST asking the courts to award damages of $50 million for each infraction, is all about the money.

I think Levi's Baphomet also influenced the design of The Devil in the Tarot Cards.
Posted Image