24 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

I am aware we are having a problem, that the "View New Content" isn't loading. I hope it resolves itself soon!

If anyone is an and having the same problem or not, could they let me know. :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 KolIkA

KolIkA

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:12 AM

I can see it ok so let's hope it is your PC. I am on fire fox and ghost ship if that help.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:15 AM

Ok thanks, maybe it is google! I went to Ghost ship and still have the same problem :(
Posted Image

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:41 AM

I'm on Google.  Let us see how this works:

How do pirates know that they are pirates?

They think, therefore they ARRR!

Don't forget to christen your ship, Klainey.   It's bad luck if you don't.

Edit:  It took.

Edited by Menet, 22 October 2019 - 08:45 AM.

Happily Wacko.

#5 dash

dash

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:32 PM

i christened the ship last night with a nice red! well ;) did you have the post problem menet. :show: i wasn't on last night but it seems the red is working . idon't have a problem

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:22 AM

Morning, Dash.

Yes, I found you missing.  I'm good.  When I first tried the new screen it wasn't working but yesterday it was.
Happily Wacko.

#7 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:00 PM

Um yeah sounds more like yer internet burped and your browser decided to cache it :yes:

Try logging out THEN clear these ... cache, local storage data, indexed data, and webSQL data and no just clearing cache or force refreshing isn't the same ... though it might werk. Oh and if you are using yer phone clear the app data too :yes:

If nothing else this link should work as view new content if you are logged in ... it's a different command for guests :bunny:

- edit -

Stoopy forum is editing my code :headlbash:

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Ok that's the command code for viewNewContent search but dang that was way harder than it shoulda been :bunny:

Edited by siguie, 23 October 2019 - 05:10 PM.

- siguie -

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

Ok I am still have the problem I cleared the cache but didn't log out so will do that and clear the cache again and hope it works . Ok I these first  "local storage data, indexed data, and webSQL data"  As soon as I cleared the local storage data there was nothing to clear in the other 2, it just was asking if I wanted to learn more! Thanks for your help :)
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

Still nothing as soon as I log out it forum shows the "View New Content" but as soon as I sign back in, it happens again :headlbash:
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

No nothing worked! I signed out and cleared the cache and index, local storage web SQL data. I cleared all the data from google from my phone.  When I am signed back in, the problem remains and when I used the link (while signed in) it just takes me back to a sign in page. Then when I copy and paste the web address into a new address bar. I am getting the same "Sorry, no new content found ".

I am able to go to the Paranormal main page and see Recent topics there! So at least that is something and I can keep track of new content...

Keep looking for a solution siguie I will look too but I am sure you will find it before me. I am thinking of uninstalling google chrome and reinstalling it! What do you think?
Posted Image

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:27 AM

Srsly  :headlbash:

"Sorry, no new content found " means it werked Posted Image

You literally just logged out and then logged back in unless someone posted during that interval your not gonna see no new content.

IF you were logged in and you got the signin page THEN that's no werky :no:

IF you were logged in and you got "Sorry, no new content found " that's correct :bunny:

IF you are not signed in then the ViewNewTopic search displays the last 10 days of topics but does not ask you to login.

Learn yer software Posted ImagehemispHere dweller Posted Image

The real question is what did you mean when you said "View New Content" isn't loading ...was there no text link? was there text but the link didn't werk? 'cuz that's what I thunked and why the data cache issue seemed most likely :yes:

The link itself is just a command structure with embedded parameters  ...
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Everything up to index.php is just location data, your query begins at the ? question mark then you have variables and their values like app=core module=search do=viewNewContent and search_app=forums the & is just the delimiter. If you look at it like that you can pretty much read what is being queried :yes:

Oh and one other thang I just thunked of try setting yer character set to UTF-8 also don't set your keyboard to stoopy australian keyboard ... go with a US keyboard that way if yer theme is set to iso-8859-1 it will probably still werk :there there:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:12 AM

No It happened even when I choose the past year content

This is the error I am getting

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://google.com.au/ was set without the  index.phps=ef7020c561baafe5232352187edf911d&app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums:1`SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromest...088147346030592 and https://www.chromest...33521622188032.

Posted Image

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:21 AM

Seriously :headlbash: I found out what it was, and I swear :Boo: I never changed the settings,  the option tab "Just items I follow" was checked! No wonder there wasn't any content" to show! I mustn't follow any items :good:

Not too sure why I had 25 cookie errors though :mad:
Posted Image

#14 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:47 PM

Meh it might be yer :Boo:  buddy but google does that too .... they are slooowly and annoooyingly forcing additional security on EVERYONE :mad:

Anywho I'm not saying I understand what yer problem is ... 'cuz there are so many ... BUT kinda sounds like a flag issue.

Take a look at chrome://flags/ ... this will only werk for people using chrome... now search for "SameSite" and you will find two flags  1) SameSite by default cookies  and  2) Cookies without SameSite must be secure.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd one is gonna cause problems here 'cuz this place isn't running httpS which is fine BUT google adsense AND analytics are probably using httpS and is embedded in the webpages.

I don't know what the "default" settings are but I have the first Enabled and the 2nd Disabled ... this may or may not help you and yer abundant other hemispherical problems ... but you can try :bunny:

Oh and October is Cyber Security Awareness month so be awarez that more security tweaks and screw ups happen this month than in any other month :bunny:
- siguie -

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

Thanks siguie :good:
Posted Image

#16 KolIkA

KolIkA

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:46 AM

glad you worked it out

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:48 AM

Hmm... Has anyone checked the dungeon... um cellar recently, because it sounds like Pooky's loose again.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

BOO!!! ... hehehe
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Escaped for Halloween! I am thinking :yes:
Posted Image

#20 Pooky

Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:03 AM

You'll never catch me!
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone