Yes, let's hope it's not an illness.

#42 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

I found him on Instagram and sent him a message but I havenít heard back from him yet.

Edited by lorac61469, 17 February 2018 - 08:24 AM.

#43 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

Cool... thanks, Lorac.  :)

#44 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

View Postsiguie, on 16 February 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Well "dnames_change" is the IPB "Display Name" database field so maybe he was changing his display name. Does that require an email re-validation? Most boards just require the password re-entry :dunno:

In any event check his last known IP address and search the error logs for it in case you see lots of password or username entry errors :yes:

I could be wrong but I don't think he can change his display name. I thought it could only be done in the IPB Posted Image  

He has had several IP addresses over the years but that isn't unusual I thought that was with different devices or VPN.  AM I right or should I change my thinking?

Anyway, there were no errors that day with his ip address. EVP's status is saying he was offline last. yesterday. and when I checked the day Vlawde noticed the validation changes it said EVP was offline that day too at 3 pm my time. Maybe he is checking in and not seeing this topic!

I will send him an email too :good:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#45 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:27 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 February 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

I could be wrong but I don't think he can change his display name. I thought it could only be done in the IPB Posted Image  

He has had several IP addresses over the years but that isn't unusual I thought that was with different devices or VPN.  AM I right or should I change my thinking?

Anyway, there were no errors that day with his ip address. EVP's status is saying he was offline last. yesterday. and when I checked the day Vlawde noticed the validation changes it said EVP was offline that day too at 3 pm my time. Maybe he is checking in and not seeing this topic!

I will send him an email too :good:

Yes your thinking is messed up please change it :yes:

As for the rest of it I dunno I haven't looked into changing my display name here, I just know many forums have the option AND lots of people think they are locked out because they do not realize the display name isn't their username when logging back in.

As for EVP ... didn't Jim say something about an email and planning to leave? Is there some kind of delete account option that deactivates the account in IPB?

Anywho re-validation is a step beyond just password security so you may want to look at what options here can generate re-validation requests OR ya noes ask EVP what the heck he did :yes:
- siguie -

#46 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

View Postsiguie, on 19 February 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

As for the rest of it I dunno I haven't looked into changing my display name here, I just know many forums have the option AND lots of people think they are locked out because they do not realize the display name isn't their username when logging back in.

As for EVP ... didn't Jim say something about an email and planning to leave? Is there some kind of delete account option that deactivates the account in IPB?

Anywho re-validation is a step beyond just password security so you may want to look at what options here can generate re-validation requests OR ya noes ask EVP what the heck he did :yes:

Ok Smarty no good saying:

I need to know which thinking... is it the ip stuff ? :P

And I have asked, just worried he can't sign in waiting on an email or post ;)
Posted Image

#47 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:03 AM

Oh no just yer Posted Image in general but the left side Posted Imagedoes appear a tad atrophied Posted Image

Srsly stop over thinking this ... stuff happens ... you'd really need access to the server logs {website stuff not just forum namby pamby logs} to figure things out.

I'm sure EVP can figure out how to contact Jim through ghoststudy if he was having issues. However, ask Jim for a folder on the server with an FTP account so you could use Filezilla to write some code and store some basic images at the server level here.

The images you created for spoiling tags have vanished PLUS modifying themes here will be a lot easier since scripts on the same server don't have to deal with as many security blocks.

Oh in particular you could make a contact "form" so EVP or anyone who gets locked out can contact you/admins/mods/basementcat/etc :yes:
- siguie -

#48 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

The images you created for spoiling tags have vanished PLUS modifying themes here will be a lot easier since scripts on the same server don't have to deal with as many security blocks.

groan :wallbash:
Posted Image

#49 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:02 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 February 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

groan :wallbash:

Welcome to the wunderfilled whurld of interweb coding Posted Image
- siguie -

#50 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

Posted Image :New:

All fixed ;)
Posted Image

#51 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Me when Siguie and Klainey talk about coding and stuff: Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

Ok Ms.Loops queue the anaglyph eyewear :yes:

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 February 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Posted Image :New:

All fixed ;)

Posted Image

K first of all I hope you are not "paying" for weebly ... second pretty sure weebly will eventually Posted Image free users using their site for image hosting.

Ideally you'd just get your own site and domain and does your code monky stuff there since it cost the same or less than weebly :yes: BUT images associated with this site really should be stored on site. That way when weebly goes down the images here still work and when this server goes down well yeah never mind.

K that said ... do you realize that this image is 2480x520 and only fits the page 'cuz browsers and forums auto-resize stoopy big images?

Anywho 800px width is a good current standard BUT in general try not to include images larger than the container class BUT because it's tricky to figure that out from large css files 800px or no bigger than the header/banner image is a good thumb ruling :yes:

Oh and yeah seriously IF you are editing themes here you really REALLY should have a bit of server space available :yes:
- siguie -

#53 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:48 AM

No, I am not paying for Weebly.

I am trying!

Yes I know I am very trying LOL.

K that said ... do you realize that this image is 2480x520 and only fits the page 'cuz browsers and forums auto-resize stoopy big images?

I did have a smaller image but it didn't fit the width so I loaded the larger of the two. I thought it was width="1366" height="286"

I had the images on Facebook... don't believe what they say about once you post an image on FB it is there for life!
Posted Image

#54 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

Um and you decided "authentic-leather_orig.png" was a good name for an EVP banner image becuz? Posted Image

Also once you post something on facebook it's not "there" for life it's just floating in the cyberverse forever :yes: pretty much everything there is data archived either by facebook OR one of the numerous entities that scan every freaken thang for your safety :yes:
- siguie -

#55 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

View Postsiguie, on 21 February 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

Um and you decided "authentic-leather_orig.png" was a good name for an EVP banner image becuz? Posted Image

:New: I don't know....I think it made its name itself! :confused0068: I didn't even notice I was only interested in the image, anyway, I put up the image that disappeared from FB I still had it on my PC.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users