• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:35 AM

Hopefully this has not been altered in any way, as was stated by the photographer. http://www.cnn.com/2...trnd/index.html

I just wanted to see what you guys think? Personally, I want to believe it to be a true image, but there are so many out there that aren't. Thoughts?

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, that's been making the rounds since yesterday. The biker didn't die until later at the hospital, so I really doubt it's his spirit. It was taken through a windshield, so I think it's likely a smudge on the glass
Posted Image

#3 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

Vlawde... do you have the write up of the man dying at the hospital?
I don't think we can completely rule out someone leaving their body from a coma.
Very cool capture!

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Him dying at the hospital was mentioned in most of the stories. And there's this : http://www.snopes.co...rit-photograph/
Posted Image

#5 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Snopes offered no proof by concluding it was dust on the lens.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

No, but a smudge on the window or lens is much more likely than they guy's spirit being captured IMO
Posted Image

#7 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 15 July 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

No, but a smudge on the window or lens is much more likely than they guy's spirit being captured IMO

I'll jump on that wagon...

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Always a possibility, Vlawde.... and that's what we're really talking about, a possibility. Not a red stamp proclaiming it's FALSE, as Snopes decided to do.

The picture was taken from his side window (next to him). So to get a shot that clear and level, I would assume he pulled over briefly. And during that time, you would think he would have had the foresight to roll down the window. It's only common sense. Of course that's all speculation. But in my mind, the false theory's are really not adding up to a grand conclusion.

So my wagon is the one that looks at both sides objectively and proclaims, "unknown". Not enough evidence for or against.
Just a cool photo with the possibility of it being more than just a smudge or dust.  Posted Image

Good to see you back, CDS.

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hello Rox!!

Nice to see you!! Woo Hoo!!!!

It is an interesting photograph indeed. I suppose we will never be 100 % sure, but it's a nice thought isn't it?
Glad to see you out and about:)

#10 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

I wouldn't think a soul would leave the body if he were in a coma, I dunno though.

Could be some smoke rising from the wreckage, obscuring the leaves on the tree.

#11 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:14 AM

This made me laugh.  Not about the scenario of the poor guy dying.  The discussion about if it his soul was removed before he actually died....and if it was really captured on camera.

I laughed because it reminded me of the movie "Heaven can wait".  Where and angel pulls a soul from a body right before the angel thought the man would die from being hit by a car.  I thought it was a good movie if anyone hasn't seen it.

Anyways, that is what made me laugh.  Was the soul removed right then at the scene because death was imminent or would it happen when the body actually dies and takes its last breath.  I dont know.

All I do know is that once in a great while, someone does get a legit pic of a ghost or something supernatural.  The rest of the pictures claiming the same are modified or have other contaminants like dirt or glare or bug or whatever that will cause something to show up on a pic.

About snopes.com.  I DO NOT want to make this a political discussion.  But, snopes is run by a husband and wife team and they had been outed as only using google to research.  They also have been identified as leaning much more in one direction politically.  Their political stance should not matter.  But, here is some information about those who run snopes

http://blog.skeptica...g-the-internet/
https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

Regarding snopes, of course they are not 100% correct on everything. But they do the research. I can google as well, and with stuff like this I see other links that they likely saw as well to reach their conclusion. I tend to link them sometimes because they have a nice, concise summary of what most of the other search links say in one place.

But as with anything, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true! :)
Posted Image

#13 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

My personal opinion about it is that there really isn't enough information to go on, and the photographer isn't exactly forthcoming enough to verify much, as far as the article states, which seems a bit strange to me...also, why were the pictures being taken anyway? Is that a normal thing for people to do? Take pictures while driving by an accident scene? I surely never have... I like the way it looks though, so I am putting this one in my personal "maybe" category. Also, I just wanted to point out that maybe the guy was dying at the time, just not dead, and what if it was someone or something like another spirit or an angel? I guess anything is possible.. or at least it's my mindset.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

Thank you, Louczar and Roxstar.... you both added greatly with your insights!

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 15 July 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

I wouldn't think a soul would leave the body if he were in a coma, I dunno though.

Could be some smoke rising from the wreckage, obscuring the leaves on the tree.

When I had my wisdom teeth out. I left my body and was watching them operate on me. It wasn't until they started to take me out of the operating room, that I was snapped back into my body. When that happened, I started to hyperventilate and they had to bring my father into the recovery room, to help calm me down. So yes, I do think it is possible for the soul to leave the body, whilst in a coma.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Thank you, MacC.... you have confirmed what I have previously studied.

I would avoid any major teeth work from now on, if I were you... brush often!  ; )

#17 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:30 AM

Looks like a rectangular smudge to me, with coincidental bright leaf areas making up the head and hand/arm. Why only one hand/arm? Why no separation of the legs? Why no feet?

Edited by Snowlord, 18 July 2016 - 04:30 AM.

#18 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

Looks like an angel wearing a robe at the scene.

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 16 July 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

Thank you, MacC.... you have confirmed what I have previously studied.

I would avoid any major teeth work from now on, if I were you... brush often!  ; )

Yes Jim, the last two times I had teeth removed, I told them to just numb the area. I don't want to go through that again. Next time I might not be so lucky, I might not be able to get back in. When they've knocked me out, when I had major surgery, I would stop breathing, so they have to keep someone with me, at all times in recovery, for when I stop. They usually knuckle rub my sternum, to stimulate me to breathe. It's scary.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 19 July 2016 - 12:52 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

I think we've hit the mark on the head with this one - lots of possible theories. An interesting smudge on the lens or  It's an awesome pic though! And Mac, that's enough about the dentist for me - I'll be hoping i don't have to visit them anytime soon!
It's in the trees, it's coming!