44 replies to this topic

#1 agod8

agod8

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Ever heard of the slender man?

Took this one a few weeks ago, didn't know what to do with it. Here you are.

Attached Files

#2 beammeup

beammeup

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Spooky. First thing crossed my mind was Addams Family ( Lurch s/p ).

#3 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I must be blind, can you point him out?  All I see is a shadow thing behind that tree, slightly further away in the picture.
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#4 agod8

agod8

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostClarinaGStudy, on 09 August 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

I must be blind, can you point him out?  All I see is a shadow thing behind that tree, slightly further away in the picture.

Unless I'm going crazy, there's a pretty solid figure behind a the tree that you're talking about

#5 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

I see it but it almost looks imposed (not saying it is). Could you provide some background as to what you were taking pictures of at the time?

#6 agod8

agod8

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostSilentWalkerGStudy, on 10 August 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I see it but it almost looks imposed (not saying it is). Could you provide some background as to what you were taking pictures of at the time?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, when I saw it that's the first thing I thought, but obviously it couldn't have been since I'd just taken it. I was literally just taking some pictures of scenery to scout for locations for a "youtube movie" my friend wants to work on. As you can tell it wasn't taken on a good camera (my phone) and only the black and white setting works on it (the colour is all messed up). So basically that's all I was doing, when I took the picture this is what was in the background. It instantly reminded me of the "slender man" but I was almost certain he wasn't real. Anyway, whatever it is, it's scared the crud out of me haha!

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Could you post a version of the image with the EXIF data intact?

#8 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm. It seeing anything unusual
Posted Image

#9 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

He's behind the tree ...

Posted Image

Enlarged ...

Posted Image

Brightened a bit, which made no difference as far as I can see ...

Posted Image

#10 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Reading, the Paranormal, Useless Movie Trivia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Creepy!  It reminds me of Voldemort. :p

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I thought that was part of the tree. B ut it does look like a figure after being adjusted
Posted Image

#12 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Slenderman NEVER existed.Your fake photos won't wash here.Shame on anyone who believed your lies and shame on you for deceiving them.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#13 agod8

agod8

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 10 August 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Slenderman NEVER existed.Your fake photos won't wash here.Shame on anyone who believed your lies and shame on you for deceiving them.

I never said it was actually slenderman; simply that it looks like it. "Ever heard of the slender man?" - is all I said. I don't know what it is, that's why I put it up here. Judge for yourselves. I took this picture, I know that it's real; it's up to you to decide. There'll always be sceptics I guess.

#14 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 10 August 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

PIT, you need to chill out a bit.  If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time you rolled out this type of harsh response.

The OP simply asked if anyone has ever heard of slenderman.  They didn't say "omg i caught slenderman!  check this out!!!11!!!"
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#15 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

PIT. I find your outburst unfair and also not warranted. I do not believe it is the OP's intention nor wish to deceive anyone. The user has posted this photo in good faith and comments like yours are deeply unfair. May I suggest that you air your opinions in a fair and constructive manner instead of what I consider, blatantly attacking the poster because you do not believe.

#16 Eclectic420

Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Greetings,
I'm going to have to say my opinion is the image is faked. To many red flags to not be. First if a location scout was being done, I don't know why there would be so much grain in the image. The grain is added in my opinion later to help hide the superimposed image of the "slender man", to help disguise the paste job. Also, I was able to grab the EXIF data off the image. Photoshop was used so much on the photo that most of the "normal" Exif data showing f:stop and the numerous and various pieces of data have been over written and are no longer accessible.

I'll add the Exif data for all to see, and you can make your own judgments. My opinion is this was purposely done and is a fake.

Attached File  slenderman small exif data.jpg   105.77K   82 downloads

P.S.
It is prolly one of the better ones i've seen online. You did a good job on the image.  :pleasantry:

Blessings,

Edited by Eclectic420, 10 August 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#17 lordcactusjack

lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. like: Stuff, stuff, and more stuff I'm to lazy to type.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

As I do believe PIT's response was a bit "in your face", I can understand why he would feel this way. I have done research into slender man and there are literally thousands of different supposed pictures of slender man, videos, and accounts. Slender man has become a pop culture icon, and i find him quite fascinating. However I do not believe he actually exists, but i remain open to believe otherwise. For example the Tulpa effect.  My post about it
The picture you posted looks exactly like photos that everyone else posts of slender man. This is why PIT was so offensive. IF you are here to simply mess with this forum and deceive us please leave, on the other hand if you legitimately took this picture and all you say it true...then I really do hope that it is NOT Slender man, and I wish you the best of luck.

#18 agod8

agod8

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

View Postlordcactusjack, on 10 August 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

As I do believe PIT's response was a bit "in your face", I can understand why he would feel this way. I have done research into slender man and there are literally thousands of different supposed pictures of slender man, videos, and accounts. Slender man has become a pop culture icon, and i find him quite fascinating. However I do not believe he actually exists, but i remain open to believe otherwise. For example the Tulpa effect.  My post about it
The picture you posted looks exactly like photos that everyone else posts of slender man. This is why PIT was so offensive. IF you are here to simply mess with this forum and deceive us please leave, on the other hand if you legitimately took this picture and all you say it true...then I really do hope that it is NOT Slender man, and I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for your comment. I do understand his comment too. Now the Tulpa effect is very interesting. I heard of it once before, and was something that interested me greatly, although it wasn't something I would have associated with Slender Man until now.
I understand that the picture is quite like those that others seem to post, and Eclectic420 mentioned about the grain and EXIF data. The grain is common from my camera as it's not working very well and is quite old, also I've no idea what EXIF data is or what that photo even means.
I can assure you that I wouldn't want to deceive anyone, I love all things paranormal, it excites me, yet does frighten me at the same time. I agree, I hope to God that it's not Slender Man, and I thank you for your wishes of luck!

#19 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

It's not a case of me not believing in Slender-man, slender-man was created on a forum (there's various articles about it.) Slender-man is 100% not a real being. There are hundreds of photos like these around the internet that are identical. The reason I get so angry is it seems lately we've been bombarded by app photos and blatant fakes like these (let's face it the OP's picture is a photoshop job) and these type of photos really do not warrant any further discussion. You may be a serious hunter agod8, but this photo is not real and is too detailed to be anything other than a photoshop job. Maybe I was too harsh on you, but my first impression of you is going to be of a fraud as you are trying to pass this photo off as real.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#20 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Do I see something there?  Well, I see what everyone is talking about yes, but to my aged eyes it doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.  However, let me just point you to my signature as a disclaimer lol

Regarding exif data....I might as well attempt to be reading Hebrew.  That means nothing to me, and I'm sure to others like myself (meaning those not in a photog profession) have no clue what any of it means.  Maybe we should get a pinned topic by someone in the know explaining it.

Just an idea.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users