• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(clinsey @ May 22 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eeeew!  Tarantulas?  We actually had one for a few years.  I have (really) arachnophobia and one day my husband came home w/a tarantula because his boss had had it for 12 years but his new wife would not let him keep it and the people at work would not let him keep it there.  I was p-o'd!!  But I actually started to feel sorry for him sometimes and it actually helped w/my fear of spiders.  I'm not nearly as bad as I used to be.  I never held it or touched it but I would feed it and put water in his dish and I came to realize how shy he was and that he wasn't EVIL!!  I would love to watch yours playing tug-of-war.  Sounds cute (not sure if that's exactly the right word--but you know what I mean.

Well here is a video of me -trying- to play tug-o-war with Belle, but she decided to spaz out and launch herself across the tank instead (I think she slipped). She was really little in this, she's about twice as big -about 4" legspan- now.  I love her to death, she has a lot of character, but I'm still to afraid to hold her. She tries to eat anything that moves. Little piggy, this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvluCckFBGc...re=channel_page
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#22 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

My pets were all owned by me, most of them for several years. They had no choice but to turn out weird.

My late boy cat Mollie was out of his mind. He loved to chase imaginary things, run laps around the house, sleep in the bathroom sink, drink out of any source of water except his dish, and loved junk food. He once ate a whole bag of popcorn by himself in one night, and managed to open a box of doughnuts and take a bite out of each one. And no matter how old he got, he always got excited when I ran my hand across the carpet.

Caspurr is my female cat and the only time she will ever sit on my lap is when I am on my laptop, and when she does, she insists I hold her on her back like one might hold a baby. She has me trained to hold my arm in such a way so she can lay in her desired position when she jumps on me. And then she will proceed to bite her toenails while in my lap. Because she is so mellow, she actually will not flip over if she falls back first from somewhere. She also feels all the food in the house is hers and will shamelessly help herself to your food, snacks and drinks. She is also an alien cat because she has not visibly aged since she was about five, and she is now 13.

Rolly is Caspurr's brother, and he's huge...a whole 25 pounds of cat lard. Rolly is a lap cat too, but only if you are reading something. When he sees you with a book or a magazine or the paper, he decides he needs your attention right then. Rolly also drools when he's happy and is not shy about sharing his snots by nuzzling your face mid-drool. And deending on his mood, Rolly will meow if you touch him at all or even look at him funny. And he likes to eat inedible things, like rubber bands and the nets oranges are sold in. And finally, Rolly loves strangers. He will make himself comfortable on the lap of anyone who is a guest.

Kip is my other boy cat, and he's overall normal. He loves attention and loves to play, and he is very much a lap cat under all circumstances. And if I put my finger near his face, he will bite me lightly. And although he loves being brushed, he will hiss and spit and swat at the brush when I use it on him.

And then there's the dog Nikki, and she looks like a thinner version of an American eskimo dog. She's a good dog, and can be left to her own devices for a couple of hours and be trusted to not destroy anything or harm the cats. While she is intelligent and knows lots of tricks, she is also a little dense, as she is afraid of rubber bands, mints, and snow on tree branches. I make fun of how stupid she is, but she really is a sweet, smart dog.

#23 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

I'm enjoying reading all these stories!Cambion, I can appreciate the cats wanting attention while you're reading or on the computer.  Mine do that, too.Once, my cat Bonnie was getting annoyed w/me because I had been wrapped up on the computer (Ancestry.com--can burn hours & hours).  She kept jumping up in front of my face and I'd shoo her away and say "I'll be done in just a minute."  Finally she seemed to get the message and left.  Well, a few minutes later I heard her messing around on the floor behind me so I turned around to see what she was doing and she was RIPPING A LITTLE BIRD APART!!  She had gone outside and caught it & brought it back in.  Yep-that got my attention so I logged off & dealt with it!!  (Bad Bonnie!)
QUOTE(ChildOfTheNight @ May 22 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well here is a video of me -trying- to play tug-o-war with Belle, but she decided to spaz out and launch herself across the tank instead (I think she slipped). She was really little in this, she's about twice as big -about 4" legspan- now.  I love her to death, she has a lot of character, but I'm still to afraid to hold her. She tries to eat anything that moves. Little piggy, this one!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvluCckFBGc...re=channel_page
Thanks for posting the video.  Your little guy seems very active.  Ours didn't really do anything but sit in his terrarium.  Except of course when we fed him his crickets--then he had fun!

#24 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Beatlefish @ May 22 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm scared of them. I get shivers just thinking about one.

EWWWWWWWWWWW Me too. My youngest son had one when he was around 13, and thought he was a big shot happy0045.gif . He left it in a plastic container. I told him, if that thing got out he better find it lol. He tells me now that he is grown, that he was terrified of it, but bought it too look cool to his friends LOL...I hate spiders anyway ick
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#25 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

*shivers* lol

We used to have this Tabby cat that liked to drink from the bathroom faucet and would turn it on with his paw. He would tap tap the lever till it would come on. Well once we went on an overnight trip we may have left it dripping for him but when we got home I opened the door and the bathroom was full of steam laugh.gif he had the hot water going fast. Guess he wanted a sauna.

Edited by Beatlefish, 24 May 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#26 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

My dog Callie I'm pretty sure has been reincarnated. She obviously was royalty in her past life because she is a SUPREME DIVA in this one! She sits on the couch crosses her front paws one over the other and will cut her eyes at you as she puts her nose in the air. My dog Sealie lives to pounce her! Sealie always has to take two running starts to get up on the couch. She's not too small to jump up, she tends to crash into the couch on her first attempt. It's hillarious and yes you'd have to be here to see it! It's like she doesn't quite make it for lift off, smashes her chest, bounces off the couch and without missing a beat turns around and makes it on her second try! She's a little out there but we don't tell her.... Lucy and Bear are Sheba Inu's. The are very proud dogs that think a whole lot of themselves. It's so funny to watch Bear (the male). He loves his tennis ball and can't live without it. Well Lucy (the female) delights in taking his tennis ball away and not letting him have it. He eventually gives up and falls on his side in defeat. Then Lucy will put the ball down but she makes sure that it falls off their porch so he can't have it until I come home. She really puts the "B" in female dog if you catch my meaning.
Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#27 Pattycake

Pattycake

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

The bird is afraid of everything, hates coming out of his cage, scared of new toys, scared of hands (weird, he used to sit on my finger, now he won't).
The cats are not really scared of anything. The older one, Muffy used to be scared of walking on the floor, due to a cat door and racoon problem (I got rid of the cat door years ago).
The dog is scared of loud noises, like thunder (ironic that we named him that before we knew).  He is also skittish around bunnies, lol. We were walking once and a rabbit jumped up and ran in front of him, and he has been scared of them ever since.

#28 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

We had some rabbits in the neighborhood a couple years ago that I think someone abandoned.  One moved into our backyard.  I'm think "Digger" followed one of my cats home.  The cats thought they could chase him around at first but I gotta tell ya, it didn't take long for them to learn to avoid him and anytime he came around them they would jump up on something to get away from him.  Bunnies seem so cute but in reality they can be formidable fighters--their reputation belies how tough they can be!!

Our stray bunny lived in our backyard for almost a year.  Probably had something to do with the lettuce, carrots and rabbit pellets I kept giving him-Ha!  I felt sorry for him, he had cataracts and seemed to really want a home so.....rabies be cursed, I fed him!  I think when we found him dead it was just from old age.

#29 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Our dogs were barking their heads off the other day turns out there was a snake under one of their dog houses. blink.gif it slithered a way and through the fence ......and escaped. ewww

#30 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

Edited by Beatlefish, 27 May 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#31 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(Jill_Skellington @ May 22 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Beatlefish. smile.gif

My kitteh does the weird chirping noise when she sees squirrels and birds. wub.gif

And the dog eats weird, will chomp a  garlic, but will not sniff a banana.

This is either the "I want to PLAY with you" chirp... or the "I want to catch that" chirp.

Cats also have a "OMG! I want to chase that so bad!" chatter/chitter noise.

#32 Nisharella

Nisharella

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

My cat Kila (I think she's about 4 years) will sometimes pet me back. She's petted me on my temple and under my chin. I have to be careful about letting her get me under the chin because her claws come out. She doesn't mean it, it just happens with they way she moves her paw.

#33 hotlips_hc

hotlips_hc

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Peepers my duck is very very protective of me. I will be in the kitchen and peeps comes in there and stands on my feet. Well when Neil or Lane come in there and get close to me he will start "peeping" really loud like "get away from my momma" Neil when then aggrivate him even more, but saying "Im gonna get her, Im gonna get your momma" Peepers will then get really loud and chace Neil out of the kitchen with his beak wide open like "NO IM GONNA GET YOU!!"

#34 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

LOL We used to have some ducks. Yours sounds fun.

Our cat kinda pets us too. She walks up to my mother (who is in a motorized chair) raises up on her hind legs and will reach out and touch her on the arm,like hey its treat time. smile.gif

#35 hotlips_hc

hotlips_hc

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

He is so funny! We rescued him from the river one evening while fishing. He was an itty bitty baby and Neil scooped him up and put him in his pocket. lol. I could not find his brothers or sisters or mom so we decided to raise him ourselves. He loves to sit on the couch between me and Neil and go to sleep.

I also have a cat, Pipsqueek, he "asks for premission" to get petted. He will take his paw and tap you on the hand, then grab your hand and bring it to his face like "that's the spot"

#36 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Just thought I'd pop this one in here before the thread dissapears down the line. happy.gif

Mum has a Sharpei x Staff terrier. It is really stupid looking and we think she is short sighted.  Her head looks as though she is wearing her brain on the outside and her body looks like a black vacuum pipe.  She has a really fleshy nose and it looks like her teeth have been smacked out of her mouth. wacko.gif   She tries to chew on your arm but unless she was able to gum you to death,  not a lot happens.  She has teeth but her lips curl round and over them.  So she looks like she should wear false teeth but doesn't.  A lot of people say she looks like a very small, extra ugly, hippo!

Is it really any surprise.....wait for it...... that she is terrified of her own reflection  happy0194.gif  

She goes absolutley beserk when she sees herself.  She gets right up close to her reflection and then goes crazy trying to attack it.   She growls and snarls and runs off and comes back.....then catches sight of herself and does it all over again.   This is why we think she is short sighted.  She only does it if she is up really close to her reflection, then she notices it.   It keeps us amused.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#37 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Oh my she sounds like a real character. laugh.gif

#38 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

PWUK, I want to see a picture!  biggrin.gif

#39 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jul 9 2009, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PWUK, I want to see a picture!  biggrin.gif

happy0194.gif ....Trust me....you don't pinch.gif   I'll see if I can get my sister to send me one.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#40 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(PumpkinWraith-UK @ Jul 9 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy0194.gif ....Trust me....you don't pinch.gif   I'll see if I can get my sister to send me one.

I'm sure she's so ugly that she's cute!  I love pets like that.