Jump to content



Question For Macc


  • You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

 

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio
 

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

I saw a post you made in another topic about vinegar keeping spirits away...... interesting because I started cleaning strictly with white vinegar with a very small amount of dish liquid soap added. I never use any other cleaners because this works very well for everything, including mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, table tops, cleaning the microwave and stovetop, oven, windows, etc. Except laundry and washing dishes of course, it doesn't work for that. It is cheap and effective, and I have an aversion to chemicals. I am not alergic, I just don't like them!  I have been using this for a long time, and my ghost disapeared. I wonder if using the vinegar made him vanish??  I can't remember if I started using the vinegar at the same time the ghost vanished or not, but it's possible. You seem to know so much more than me about these things, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

Interesting thought. I am interested too :yes:

View PostSnickers, on 22 May 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

I saw a post you made in another topic about vinegar keeping spirits away...... interesting because I started cleaning strictly with white vinegar with a very small amount of dish liquid soap added. I never use any other cleaners because this works very well for everything, including mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, table tops, cleaning the microwave and stovetop, oven, windows, etc. Except laundry and washing dishes of course, it doesn't work for that. It is cheap and effective, and I have an aversion to chemicals. I am not alergic, I just don't like them!  I have been using this for a long time, and my ghost disapeared. I wonder if using the vinegar made him vanish??  I can't remember if I started using the vinegar at the same time the ghost vanished or not, but it's possible. You seem to know so much more than me about these things, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MichelleGStudy

 

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Beaufort, NC
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.
 

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Ohhh yes! I would love to hear what you think about this Mac C!!!

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

 

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney
 

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

I'd love to know more about this!! I clean up with vinegar from time to time
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 MrsFrootloops

 

    Lead Moderator

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My House
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.
 

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

If you guys have vinegar out, I won't come around either lol. Like, in my head, for some reason, when I think of vinegar, I think of eating it mixed with dirt, and it grosses me out just even smelling it.
My Signature
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

 

    Crop Circle

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Underworld
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:31 PM

Kawonkamish Nishnoh(Greetings Everyone),

Okay where to begin, it is possible that using the white vinegar "chased " the ghost away. To my knowledge, vinegar has been used from Biblical time to ward off negativity. If you're interested in a souped up version of vinegar, here's a good one. And yes, I know it has a funny name.  :rolleyes: ;)

4 Thieves Vinegar::
2 Tbsp Thyme, dried
2 TBSP Rosemary, dried
2 TBSP Sage, dried
2 TBSP Lavender, dried
2 TBSP Mint, dried
4-8 cloves of minced garlic, optional
32oz organic Vinegar
Sea Water(7 tsp sea salt to 2 pints of distilled water), optional

Place all the dried herbs and garlic (if using) into a large glass jar.
Add the vinegar to the herbs and seal tightly. Vinegar is corrosive to some metal lids, in this case, consider putting plastic wrap or a plastic bag on top and then putting on the cover.
Place the mixture in a cool, dark, place for 6-8 weeks; strain out the herbs using a small strainer and store the mixture in smaller jars for ease of use. If using the salted water, add it before using the vinegar mixture.

If negative spirits are around get an oil diffuser, the kind where you put the liquid in the dish above a candle holder. Pour the vinegar(or vinegar-salt water mixture) into it and place a tea light in the holder and light the tea light. Allow it to evaporate, add more vinegar as needed. Make sure the dish holding the liquid does not dry out completely. Generally when the tea light has burned out, whatever negativity that bothered you will be gone. You can pour some into a sprayer and spritz around the door frames, especially doors that lead outside and window sills, as well.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 24 May 2018 - 12:33 PM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny


Posted Image


My Shop


#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

 

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thank you for sharing that! I might just give it a try :D
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 Snickers

 

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

I like your recipe! But I think I will stick to plain vinegar for cleaning. Maybe I really did 'scare' the ghost off then..... hmmm.

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 23 May 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

If you guys have vinegar out, I won't come around either lol. Like, in my head, for some reason, when I think of vinegar, I think of eating it mixed with dirt, and it grosses me out just even smelling it.
Mixed with dirt??  Eeewwww....  lol
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#9 MrsFrootloops

 

    Lead Moderator

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My House
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostSnickers, on 24 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I like your recipe! But I think I will stick to plain vinegar for cleaning. Maybe I really did 'scare' the ghost off then..... hmmm.


Mixed with dirt??  Eeewwww....  lol

I Know!! It's such a gross thought, and I don't know why it comes into my head, I've never eaten dirt (on purpose), and I really do not like the taste of vinegar, but it just.... like in my head, I can see it being mixed together, sitting in a cup, all gross, and like being eaten. and it's not like regular dirt, it's the potting soil kind... Isn't that like the weirdest thing?
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

 

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

That is a strange association!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 JIMOverSeer

 

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

All new to me... but interesting information!  B)

#12 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:21 AM

Thanks MacC :good:

You guys

Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

 

    Crop Circle

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Underworld
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.
 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 24 May 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

I Know!! It's such a gross thought, and I don't know why it comes into my head, I've never eaten dirt (on purpose), and I really do not like the taste of vinegar, but it just.... like in my head, I can see it being mixed together, sitting in a cup, all gross, and like being eaten. and it's not like regular dirt, it's the potting soil kind... Isn't that like the weirdest thing?
EEEEEW! :sick: :yucky:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny


Posted Image


My Shop


#14 daphnerose

 

    Goblin

  • GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Columbia River Gorge
 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

perlite too? sounds more like a recipe for compost. :)

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

 

    Crop Circle

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Underworld
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.
 

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

:)
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny


Posted Image


My Shop






Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com