Free Skins
© Fisana

Anyone Heard About The Grand Hyatt In Taipei?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:31 AM

I am working with another team right now (at work) and their manager told me that himself and 2 other employees have been there and ALL have experienced freaky stuff in their rooms.  He told me to talk to one of the other guys as that person (Bob) has stayed there a bunch of times and has a bunch of stories.

I decided to google grand hyatt taipei haunted and google gave me this as its first suggestion  https://www.tripadvi...pei-Taipei.html

Cant wait to talk to Bob and see what he has to say.

The manager who told me about the hotel said that his experience was minimal, but freaky.  He said he was having trouble sleeping his first night there.  He woke up around 3am and was just laying there.  He heard the distinct sound of his necklace, that he takes off every night, being dropped on the end table next to his bed.  He had been warned by the others about the hotel.  That was the one and only time he had stayed there and that was the only strange thing that happened.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:05 AM

I've never been there but I did come across the review:

“Haunted beyond belief.”
Posted Image  Reviewed April 3, 2013

I can't believe this is a 5 star hotel. I upgraded my hotel to this one too, and without doing research online, I ended up at this haunted place paying a ridiculous amount of money to live at this haunted place. Before coming here, I have already heard stories from friends with "experiences" here. Unfortunately for me, I had these experiences as well as my relative staying in another room. Right when I entered the hotel, I already felt a major headache (I have NEVER had this feeling before). For all the foreigners that aren't in the know, those decors in the lobby of asian looking charms are to keep spirits away and are quite well known for that purpose. There are 2 massive ones beside the elevators going down to the parking lot, as well as 2 smaller jade like ones by the check-in desk. Also, if you notice carefully when you enter the hotel, above the driveway of the hotel is a wind chime instead of the usual chandelier or light. This is also for feng shui purposes. So we got our rooms and went to the floor and right when we get out of the elevator, we notice ALL the paintings on the walls are disturbing. They are of generals killing spirits, what kind of hotel has this kind of creepy decor on the wall? Oh right, a ridiculously haunted one. So we went to our rooms and actually switched twice before we got a less creepy room, which was still haunted unfortunately. So I noticed that when I walk towards the back end of the room where the desk is, my headache gets especially bad so I avoided it all costs. Normally I'm not afraid to sleep in the dark in hotels, but at this one. I was totally creeped out. So I was sharing a bed with a relative who was fast asleep. (Same situation happened in my other relatives room, one fell asleep quickly while the other got spooked the whole night) So I didn't sleep the whole night but kept in eyes closed due to the fact that I could hear two very distinct snores. One coming from my left (the couch and desk) and one from my right (my relative) When there wasn't snoring on the left side, I could feel someone walking and I heard the footsteps and I could sense they were quite close to me. This happened the whole night and I only opened my eyes when the sun came out. As for my relatives room, someone was flushing their toilet the whole night. She even went inside the washroom to check it out and the water was being drained so it wasn't a faulty toilet. She said that this only occurred when she tried to sleep, so they were trying to keep her up. Anyways, this went on for 2 more days but if you notice carefully, there are many very odd placement of decorations around the hotel which are definitely for feng shui purposes as this is known as one of the most haunted places on earth. Note: 4 rocking chairs outside the side entrance of the hotel by the bus stop. Very very odd.

Putting my spooky experiences aside, this hotel needs a serious renovation, everything is so outdated. Even with its prime location, I would never ever come near this hotel ever again. If you really want to experience paranormal activity first hand, stay here! I've heard people have had much worst experiences than me.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

https://www.tripadvi...ei-Taipei.html#

#3 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Wow! Sounds like a wild place!
Posted Image

#4 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

awesome! I can't see any recent reviews referencing strange happenings, can you guys?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:40 AM

If I win the lottery....  I will sponsor a trip for a a hand full of people here to go to Taiwan.  Could be a lot of fun / very scary!!!!

Not that I expect to win, who would want a free trip if I did?
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

I'd totally go stay in a shady hotel in Taiwan.

The ghosts wouldn't bother me.   It seems like something has happened in every hotel room I've been in in several years anyway.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:17 PM

I saw Bob today and asked him to come share his stories with me.  I hope he does soon....we are very busy at work so who knows when he will come by
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostLouczar, on 14 November 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

If I win the lottery....  I will sponsor a trip for a a hand full of people here to go to Taiwan.  Could be a lot of fun / very scary!!!!

Not that I expect to win, who would want a free trip if I did?

I would! :good:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

Bob came by yesterday afternoon to start telling me what he experienced.  He was at my bench for all of 3 minutes when my boss showed up and needed me to go to a meeting.  But, this is what Bob told me so far.

First off, he said that the maids / cleaning crews will leave a white flower at the door of all rooms that they see / hear /or notice anything odd or supernatural.  He did not know this until later visits.  His paid for his wife and their daughter to go with him his first time to go there.  They had rooms next to each other that had the door between them.  His daughter would be sleeping in the next room.  The wife and daughter were impressed that there was a white flower at the threshold of his daughters main door when they got to their rooms.

That evening, the 3 of them rented a movie to watch.  The door between their rooms was left open.  Not long after they started watching the movie, Bob thought he saw someone walk by the open door in his daughters room.  He passed it off as his imagination.  The second time it happened a little while later.  He got up and went to the restroom in her room.  No one was there before they starting the movie and no one was there then.  He told his wife and daughter he used her bathroom so it wouldn't bother them watching the movie.  He saw it again later before the movie was over in what he described as a male figure.  He said nothing to his wife and daughter....until they had gone back home at the end of the week.  They were not happy with him at all.  His daughter had a weird feeling in her room.  Her and the wife both said they felt like they were being watched all the time.  They never wanted to go back and dont like him going there.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:30 PM

oh wow, thats interesting about the flowers! Imagine what the maids have seen and heard, i bet they'd have some great information about what's going on :D

I'll meet you in Taipei when you win the lotto!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

I spent last week with my dad and sister.  Back in the early 90's, my dad worked for a oil company and had him move to Taiwan for almost 3 years.  I told him about this hotel and he said he always stayed there when he had to go to the main office for a few days.  He called garbage on me and my story from the coworkers.  He got his tablet out and did a search for "Grand Hyatt Taipei" and it auto filled it with "haunted".  He read a couple of stories and then told me he never heard or saw anything.

I had to remind him that he told me before how he would always get drunk when he was at the home office going out with some of the execs in the office.  He laughed and said that he would not have heard a thing if he was sleeping off a drunk night :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users