27 replies to this topic

#1 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this board.  My name is Emily and my family has been dealing with on and off activity for quite some time now.  We had this (kind of) investigated once before, but didn't get any real answers.  After the investigation we had a priest bless our house and it seemed to calm things down a little.  We have since moved to a new home and things are ramping up again, this time in a way that seems more agressive and it's really scaring us.  I don't know if I should have it investigated again, blessed again or what, but I'm to the point that I'd like to know what is going on and figure out how to make it totally go away.

Some background.

For some reason the activity always seems to increase around the time that we have a child who is or almost is two years of age.  I don't know if that's significant or not, but it's been our observation.  Each time the activity starts it is more in your face than the time before.

In the fall of 2007 we had things start happening again.  We would hear the cupboards in the kitchen open and close and once saw a drawer open and close right in front of us.  Often we would wake up in the morning and find all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen open at precisely the same angle, like perfectly aligned.  It was weird but not scary.  Than one day while we were all out of the house, our motion detectors in our house were triggered and the police responded when our alarm company sent them an intrustion alarm.  The alarm company called us and we came home and met the police as they were pulling into the driveway.  The police went into the house first and came out pretty pale and said, "you need to come see this."

When we got inside one of our kitchen table chairs was sitting up on top of the kitchen table on two legs and propped in a strange way against the wall.  All the tv's in the house were on and turned to static.  None of the doors had been unlocked or opened and closed (the alarm company keeps records of which doors open and close) and the only alarm that was triggered was the motion detector, probably from the kitchen chair being lifted onto the table.  It was scary.  We started hearing footsteps and other noises after that, and our then two year old daughter would cry in the night over the baby monitor saying "Scaawy Scawwy" which is how she pronounced 'scary'.  We contacted a paranormal team and they did an initial EVP session, but their batteries in their equipment drained the moment they came in the house.  They did turn the tv's onto to static and when they asked if something wanted to communicate the tv turned off..which I guess meant that 'no' iti didn't want to communicate.  After that we had a priest come and bless our house which seemed to stop some of the activity, though not all, but it was something we could live with.

In August 2008 we bought a new house, and we are still in that house.  In the last two-three months things have started again.  At first just small things...objects moved in the night, cupboards opened, thuds, thumps bangs etc.  Then my now four year old daughter started waking up in the middle of the night crying and scared.  She does this almost every night.  She says she doesn't want to talk about what is scaring her.  Things escalted more when a large glass framed poster on the wall flung itself at my ten year old son, barely missing him.  It was a HUGE picture and the glass of the frame shattered into huge long shards.  About three minutes after the picture flew off the wall we heard a huge crash and ran into the master bedroom where everything that had been sitting on the top of our dresser had been swept off onto the floor.  No one else was home who could have done this.  THEN (this is the thing that has freaked us out the most) we discovered three creepy looking scratches in the wall paper in our dining room above the piano.  I know for a fact that they were not there before because I play the piano daily and there are right above the sheet music where I would notice them.  There are two sets of scratches and they look like claw marks.  We don't have a cat.  We do have a dog..a mini schnauzer puppy who is nowhere near tall enough to reach the wallpaper that high on the wall.

Since then (this was last week) we have heard HUGE loud crashes in the house at night that sound like things being flung around the room.  We don't know for sure what is causing it, but it is LOUD.  In the last week or so both me, my husband and our ten year old son have reported seeing a strange misty black shape on three seperate occasions.  We also keep smelling something that smells like toast in a toaster even when no such food is being prepared.  My mother came to visit us last week and also reported hearing someone walking around int he kitchen in the middle of the night.  She said she felt like she was not wanted int he house the whole time she was here.  She flew home yesterday and apparently tried to call me when she got home, to let me know she made it.  She tried calling for 6 hours and got a busy signal every time.  However, during the same time period I received calls from multiple other people..my husband at work, my sons friend, a girlfriend of mine etc.  She finally got through at 11:15 pm last night and told me that it had been busy all day.  She had called other people during those six hours, some of them long distance as well and had no problem, so it wasn't her phone.  She was calling me on a landline phone and the phone she was calling at my house was a landline phone.  

My mother also said that while she was staying with us (she slept with my daughter) that my daughter would talk and laugh and giggle in her sleep and then intermittently say things like "No that's not funny anymore..stop you're scaring me" and then she would cry.  We had spent three weeks away from home on vacation earliner in June and my daughter had not had ANY crying or waking spells at night while were away from home..so odd.

I feel like something is becoming more negative and I don't know what it is or why it is happening again.  However, my youngest son just turned 2 on june 19th so it seems like it fits the pattern.  However, I'm afraid to have a priest come bless the house again because it seems like from the research I've done (especially in regards to the scratches) that this may be more aggressive and that a priest coming and blessing the house might make it more riled up.  Should we just ignore it?  Any thoughts on what to do?  My ten year old especially is really starting to get scared and he won't be alone anywehre in the house which is not good.  

I will attach a picture od the chair on the table from the fall of 2007 and the scratches that just appeared in the last couple of weeks.  The chair on the table was in our old house, the scratches are in our current house.
Thanks,
Emily

Attached Files

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,182 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

Wow, very interesting!  I wouldn't challenge it, but I would stick together as a family be firm and tell it it's not welcome and to leave. Show no fear, and try to ignore it. They usually like fear and attention
Posted Image

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Vlawde is absolutely correct in that these negative entities positively thrive on fear and doubt and anger.  Get some smudge sticks and burn them all around your house.  Frankincense incense is also very good for dispelling negativity.  

Envision each one of your family members, as well as your entire house, surrounded by the pure white light of the christ.

I hope it helps.  bunny.gif

#4 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hi Mom, and welcome to GhostStudy. Sounds like alot of paranormal activity. The stacking of chairs and things of that nature is Poltergeist activity, but I do not believe its a poltergeist as they usually stick around for a few months, and involved teenage or pre-teen girls, but not always. The one thing you must do first, is protect you children as this entity is getting stronger and potentially dangerous. I suggest you NOT confront it, and as Vlawde said "try" not to show fear just go about your business, however a toddler is unable to do that. Its been my experience that a blessing may make things worse, so what you need is to get that thing or them out of there once and for all. It sounds like the first PI team didnt help, just tried to get evidence. Could you tell me what state you live in, as I may be able to hook you up with a professional team to get to the root of this and banish it.We are here for you and remember you are NOT alone. One thing you could try in the meantime is to recite St.Michael's Prayer every night or as often as you choose. He is the Saint that keeps us safe. Secondly from here on in, keep a journal of the activity, dates and times so that someone can make sense of it. Hang in there...
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#5 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 5 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mom, and welcome to GhostStudy. Sounds like alot of paranormal activity. The stacking of chairs and things of that nature is Poltergeist activity, but I do not believe its a poltergeist as they usually stick around for a few months, and involved teenage or pre-teen girls, but not always. The one thing you must do first, is protect you children as this entity is getting stronger and potentially dangerous. I suggest you NOT confront it, and as Vlawde said "try" not to show fear just go about your business, however a toddler is unable to do that. Its been my experience that a blessing may make things worse, so what you need is to get that thing or them out of there once and for all. It sounds like the first PI team didnt help, just tried to get evidence. Could you tell me what state you live in, as I may be able to hook you up with a professional team to get to the root of this and banish it.We are here for you and remember you are NOT alone. One thing you could try in the meantime is to recite St.Michael's Prayer every night or as often as you choose. He is the Saint that keeps us safe. Secondly from here on in, keep a journal of the activity, dates and times so that someone can make sense of it. Hang in there...

Hi BlueAngel (and the others who have responded as well).

I am located in Missouri.  I have contacted the Missouri Paranormal Task Force, they had sent the people who came to our other house in the fall of 2007, though I believe that the people they sent were 'affiliates' and not their main team..I'm not sure.  I did recontact them right before we left on vacation at the begining of June and they did say they would be in touch with me.  I don't know if there are other teams in the Missouri who could help or not.  We are so freaked out that our house will be 'blackballed' if anyone finds out and we try to sell it sometime, so we really want to keep it kind of on the low down.

When my mom and my sister were here my sister who is ten years younger than me was really creeped out, because we'd told her the stuff that had happened.  I do wonder if the fact that she seemed scared made things worse while they were visiting and could have spurred more activity.  My husband and I have been really careful to not show any outward signs of fear because our ten year old especially is really getting scared.  Our four year old gets scared intermittently, but refuses to talk about whatever it is that is waking her up and scaring her at night.

Do you have any idea why the activity could come and go?  Oh and sometimes it even seems helpful which is weird.  For instance, one night when all the kids were in bed and just my husband and I were up, we were standing at the sink and loading the dishwasher.  I was rinsing the dishes my husband was packing the Dishwasher and my husband said to me

"Where are all the sippy cups?  It seems like we are missing at least three or four of them."

and I said

"THey are probably hiding under beds and couches I will look for them tomorrow."

After we were done doing the dishes we took our dog outside and sat on the back patio for a little while.  When we came back inside there were three sippy cups lined up on the kitchen counter.  We had just done dishes so the counters had been completely clear when we went outside.  When we opened them up they were disgusting and filled with nasty old milk and juice and mold...just like I'd said, like they'd been misplaced under couches etc.  It was really weird, but also kind of helpful.  Why would it sometimes do something helpful and then also throw a picture off the wall at someone?  I don't get it. When I read the stuff I'm writing here it sounds crazy I know.  Sigh.

Emily

#6 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hi Emily, I do know a team in St. Louis are you near there? You would never get blackballed not to worry. Anyway if you did sell the house, you couldnt do it with a clear conscience or it would follow you anyway. I dont think your family being afraid caused the activity to escalate, it just does on its own. I believe IF this is a negative entity they can and will dupe you by doing nice things and help you out, like the sippy cups. Seems it wants recognition by doing negative and positive things. Its also possible this entity followed you from your previous house, so it has to GO!!! Besides the odors what else have you smelled or seen. Are the black things, shadows or maybe a mass with no features. Some of these entities are bullies and do mess with children and that is just WRONG! You are doing the right thing by trying to not show fear around the children and "maybe" let your 4 year old sleep with you so she will feel safe. Some of these things tell children NOT to tell, but i am not sure if thats whats going on. Tomorrow, pick up some Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle it on every threshold in the home, esp the children's rooms, and as I said St. Michaels Prayer helps a great deal. BTW How long all together has this thing been around you and your family?

#7 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 5 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Emily, I do know a team in St. Louis are you near there? You would never get blackballed not to worry. Anyway if you did sell the house, you couldnt do it with a clear conscience or it would follow you anyway. I dont think your family being afraid caused the activity to escalate, it just does on its own. I believe IF this is a negative entity they can and will dupe you by doing nice things and help you out, like the sippy cups. Seems it wants recognition by doing negative and positive things. Its also possible this entity followed you from your previous house, so it has to GO!!! Besides the odors what else have you smelled or seen. Are the black things, shadows or maybe a mass with no features. Some of these entities are bullies and do mess with children and that is just WRONG! You are doing the right thing by trying to not show fear around the children and "maybe" let your 4 year old sleep with you so she will feel safe. Some of these things tell children NOT to tell, but i am not sure if thats whats going on. Tomorrow, pick up some Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle it on every threshold in the home, esp the children's rooms, and as I said St. Michaels Prayer helps a great deal. BTW How long all together has this thing been around you and your family?

We are about three hours from St. Louis, we live in Springfield. The black things are like a mass with no features...I would describe it as just a bit larger than a basketball.  I'm pretty sure that whatever it is has been hanging around for a long time...at least 10 years.  It comes and goes, but it seems to escalate a little every time it starts up again.  My ten year old has seen the black mass the most.  We have smelled a burnt toast smell, and once something burning, it smelled like something on fire.  In fact, we smelled this burning smell so strong one time that we freaked out and called the fire department to come investigate because we thought that maybe there as an electrical fire in the walls.  We told them not to come with their sirens on, but of course they did anyway and it was quite the spectacle in the neighborhood.  They searched the whole house  (In full gear), and even looked in the attic and the crawl space but couldn't find anything burning, though they could smell it too.  At the time I didn't think to associate that instance with anything paranormal but now I'm starting to wonder if it could have been.  I am letting both my ten year old and 4 year old sleep in our room for awhile.  The baby is in his room which I feel sort of worried about, but so far he doesn't seem bothered by anything and I feel like he is safer in his crib than our bed or his pack n' play.

#8 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

WOW that chair picture is amazing and so is your activity. I emailed a group and waiting to hear back. Just out of curiosity has anyone had nightmares, or seen scary images or anything? Just trying to get as much info as possible for you to get help..Would your son consider the black masses, like an orb?

#9 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:03 AM

momofthree, have you considered there are more than one entity there?

maybe there is a helpful one and an angry one which is why it appears the same thing is doing all the tricks.

Im also a firm believer in the "they feed off your energy and fear", so as others said try and ignore it for a bit and dont be afraid and it might just spin away. it could be that when your children get to be a certain age you start to put more attention on them and maybe even blame some of the happening on the kids which is why after a while it fades and returns when new energy is around.

also maybe a second ghost is more protective which is why it gets worse and better.

As for blessing the house, i honestly beleive that stuff only works if you think it works. if you have a priest bless the house but dont beleive in the religion you wont have the same confidence and affect on the situation. some people beleive in more superstitious remedies such as salting door ways, burning sage, placing copper and cast iron under their beds ETC ETC.

why not try burning salt and sage in a cast iron pot and walking around your house lol.
keep us updated, this sounds interesting.

also it seems it likes your kitchen, have you ever placed a cam corder to catch anything, done EVPs or do you have pets by chance.

#10 Guest_Silent Walker_*

Guest_Silent Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:59 AM

Honestly, this question is not as abrubt as is sounds but.......other than experiencing these events, have you tried to either find out the history of the house/grounds or tried to find out what and why it is there (EVP etc?).

As already said, you and your family have more power to stop this than you may think, make a unified attempt of standing in the middle of your house and tell whatever it is that it is your house and whereas you do not mind it being there, it had better behave or else it will have to leave (or just that it is your house and it is not welcome if you wish). Show strength because it sounds like it is feeding of fear....

#11 cawiggins78

cawiggins78

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

There's some good advice here as to what you should do about your situation. When I have a client whose children are being affected, I recommend a book by Brian Byers called "I Think We've Got Ghosts." The book really facilitates conversations with children to calm their fears. The link to the book is:

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/i-th...2#reviewSection

The Paranormal Task Force you mentioned is a good group, however they are a busy one. I feel like sometimes they probably have more things going on than they have time to do things properly. Anyway, good luck with this. I hope you find a good team to work with.

#12 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 5 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW that chair picture is amazing and so is your activity. I emailed a group and waiting to hear back. Just out of curiosity has anyone had nightmares, or seen scary images or anything? Just trying to get as much info as possible for you to get help..Would your son consider the black masses, like an orb?
Yeah the chair thing was really bizarre...it really really spooked the police officers who went into the house and found it.  In fact, this is kind of funny, but the police officers were the ones who initially gave us the contact information for the Missouri Paranormal Task Force.  It's kind of funny that police officers have seen enough 'stuff' that they actually have the name and number of someone who can help with 'odd' things.My husband has had nightmares on and off about a woman which have scared the bejeesus out of him.  In 2007 when all the stuff was happening (with the chair etc.) he had a dream that this woman was trying to drown our then 2 year old daughter.  Then in this house, he had a dream that there were three amish people in our house who were helpful entitities and they told him there was a woman there with them that they didn't know, but they told him they were trying to keep her 'under control'.  In his dream this woman tried to kind of attack him like a cat, and was hissing at him.  Both times he has had these dreams he has woken me up because he was mumbling/yelling in his sleep.  I have not had any nightmares and my husband aside from those two times sleeps like a log usually.  My four year old is obviously having some kind of nightmares regularly but won't tell us what they are about.  My son calles the black mass the the big black thing, and he describes it as a form without shape, though he has never described it as an Orb.  I will try to ask him toda to describe it in better detail to me.  Thanks for your help.
QUOTE(the evil @ Jul 6 2010, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
momofthree, have you considered there are more than one entity there?also it seems it likes your kitchen, have you ever placed a cam corder to catch anything, done EVPs or do you have pets by chance.
I have wondered if there might be more than one..I don't know.  Once when I was little, I was probably like 8 or 9, I was in the bathroom of a department store with my mom and Grandma and I remember this lady telling me that I had three spirits who followed me everywhere.  She said, "did you kknow there are three spirits attached to you?"  It scared the crud out of me and my mom got really mad and said to her, "why would you tell a kid something like that?"  I just thought the lady was crazy or making stuff up.  I have never placed a camcorder in the kitchen.  We've thought about it, but then we always chickened out because we were afraid we'd see something on it that would be more unsettling than just finding the cupboards opened or missing sippy cups on the counter.  That sounds silly I know.  Maybe we will have to do that at some point though.  We do have a pet, a miniature schnauzer puppy...but we just got him about two months ago.  He is only four months old.
QUOTE(Silent Walker @ Jul 6 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, this question is not as abrubt as is sounds but.......other than experiencing these events, have you tried to either find out the history of the house/grounds or tried to find out what and why it is there (EVP etc?).
Well we've thought about that but it seems like the house we are in now should be clear because it's only five years old.  The house we were in before this one was brand new when we bought it.  HOWEVER, and this is strange, the neighborhood we were in where the chair got moved onto the table, might have more activity in it.  We never told any of the neighbors what was going on for obvious reasons.  We didn't want people to say, "ooh that house is haunted" and then not be able to sell it.  However, about four months ago I was talking to one of our old neighbors and she told me the people who lived next door to them which was right down the street from our old house, had abruptly left in the middle of the night and put their house up for sale the next day.  She told me that the wife told her that they kept hearing voices and they were talking to their little boy who was almost 3.  They said they got so freaked out they couldn't stay there anymore.  My old neighbor thought these people were nuts and of course I didn't say anything about what we'd experienced.  So maybe there is something weird about our old neighborhood?  Still, it seems like whatever it was followed us to our new house.Emily
QUOTE(cawiggins78 @ Jul 6 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's some good advice here as to what you should do about your situation. When I have a client whose children are being affected, I recommend a book by Brian Byers called "I Think We've Got Ghosts." The book really facilitates conversations with children to calm their fears. The link to the book is:http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/i-th...2#reviewSectionThe Paranormal Task Force you mentioned is a good group, however they are a busy one. I feel like sometimes they probably have more things going on than they have time to do things properly. Anyway, good luck with this. I hope you find a good team to work with.
I'm going to look up that book.  Thanks.  I am trying to get the four year old to tell us what she is afraid of.  Maybe this will help.  Every time I bring it up she acts like she doesn't want to talk about it.  I don't want to force her, but I'd really like to know what she is afraid of when she wakes up crying at night.  The trick is getting her to talk about it without her thinking that it's something insanely scary.

#13 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

its so funny how one family will move out of a house because of activity then sell it and another family moves in and lives there perfectly fine the rest of their lives.

there i guess could be 3 reasons for this

1) It really takes a perfect storm of people/place/entity to make a viable haunt which could be why some haunts are so bad and others dont get affected at all. this could be why the next family never gets bothered at all, maybe the spirits just dont have the needed connection with them to manifest in any way.

2) people were making it up to try and get out of their house. supposedly it worked for the defeo's and they made a mint off the material and media.

3) its some scooby doo scheme set up by the next people who move in to get a cheap house! they dress up in sheets, scare the hell out of the residents then buy the house cheapy cheapy!

something could have followed you, but again if you guys are "sensitive" (i hate that word, the paranormal world needs a better word) you could have a good following spirit but just keep moving into places that become the perfect storm, who knows maybe its this traveling spirit with you that creates the surrounding environment for bad spirits to manifest that are near too.

#14 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE(the evil @ Jul 6 2010, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its so funny how one family will move out of a house because of activity then sell it and another family moves in and lives there perfectly fine the rest of their lives.

there i guess could be 3 reasons for this

1) It really takes a perfect storm of people/place/entity to make a viable haunt which could be why some haunts are so bad and others dont get affected at all. this could be why the next family never gets bothered at all, maybe the spirits just dont have the needed connection with them to manifest in any way.

2) people were making it up to try and get out of their house. supposedly it worked for the defeo's and they made a mint off the material and media.

3) its some scooby doo scheme set up by the next people who move in to get a cheap house! they dress up in sheets, scare the hell out of the residents then buy the house cheapy cheapy!
something could have followed you, but again if you guys are "sensitive" (i hate that word, the paranormal world needs a better word) you could have a good following spirit but just keep moving into places that become the perfect storm, who knows maybe its this traveling spirit with you that creates the surrounding environment for bad spirits to manifest that are near too.

LOL!  I like the idea of people dressing in sheets to get a cheap house!!!  

The one thing the police officers said, and who knows if they know what they are talking about since they are probably not paranormal experts by any means, but they said that missouri especially the Ozarks where we live, has more caves than almost anywhere in the country.  They told me Caves=more paranormal activity?  I don't know!  So if I buy some olive oil and put that on the doorways I don't have to worry that it will make anything worse do I?  I'm going to the grocery store in a bit and I'm going to try it.

Emily

#15 Guest_Silent Walker_*

Guest_Silent Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(MomOfThree @ Jul 6 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah the chair thing was really bizarre...it really really spooked the police officers who went into the house and found it.  In fact, this is kind of funny, but the police officers were the ones who initially gave us the contact information for the Missouri Paranormal Task Force.  It's kind of funny that police officers have seen enough 'stuff' that they actually have the name and number of someone who can help with 'odd' things.My husband has had nightmares on and off about a woman which have scared the bejeesus out of him.  In 2007 when all the stuff was happening (with the chair etc.) he had a dream that this woman was trying to drown our then 2 year old daughter.  Then in this house, he had a dream that there were three amish people in our house who were helpful entitities and they told him there was a woman there with them that they didn't know, but they told him they were trying to keep her 'under control'.  In his dream this woman tried to kind of attack him like a cat, and was hissing at him.  Both times he has had these dreams he has woken me up because he was mumbling/yelling in his sleep.  I have not had any nightmares and my husband aside from those two times sleeps like a log usually.  My four year old is obviously having some kind of nightmares regularly but won't tell us what they are about.  My son calles the black mass the the big black thing, and he describes it as a form without shape, though he has never described it as an Orb.  I will try to ask him toda to describe it in better detail to me.  Thanks for your help.I have wondered if there might be more than one..I don't know.  Once when I was little, I was probably like 8 or 9, I was in the bathroom of a department store with my mom and Grandma and I remember this lady telling me that I had three spirits who followed me everywhere.  She said, "did you kknow there are three spirits attached to you?"  It scared the crud out of me and my mom got really mad and said to her, "why would you tell a kid something like that?"  I just thought the lady was crazy or making stuff up.  I have never placed a camcorder in the kitchen.  We've thought about it, but then we always chickened out because we were afraid we'd see something on it that would be more unsettling than just finding the cupboards opened or missing sippy cups on the counter.  That sounds silly I know.  Maybe we will have to do that at some point though.  We do have a pet, a miniature schnauzer puppy...but we just got him about two months ago.  He is only four months old.Well we've thought about that but it seems like the house we are in now should be clear because it's only five years old.  The house we were in before this one was brand new when we bought it.  HOWEVER, and this is strange, the neighborhood we were in where the chair got moved onto the table, might have more activity in it.  We never told any of the neighbors what was going on for obvious reasons.  We didn't want people to say, "ooh that house is haunted" and then not be able to sell it.  However, about four months ago I was talking to one of our old neighbors and she told me the people who lived next door to them which was right down the street from our old house, had abruptly left in the middle of the night and put their house up for sale the next day.  She told me that the wife told her that they kept hearing voices and they were talking to their little boy who was almost 3.  They said they got so freaked out they couldn't stay there anymore.  My old neighbor thought these people were nuts and of course I didn't say anything about what we'd experienced.  So maybe there is something weird about our old neighborhood?  Still, it seems like whatever it was followed us to our new house.EmilyI'm going to look up that book.  Thanks.  I am trying to get the four year old to tell us what she is afraid of.  Maybe this will help.  Every time I bring it up she acts like she doesn't want to talk about it.  I don't want to force her, but I'd really like to know what she is afraid of when she wakes up crying at night.  The trick is getting her to talk about it without her thinking that it's something insanely scary.

It really seems to revolve around the toddler years of the child, is it possible that the spirit is a child itself?

Also, regarding what happened down the street, I would look into what the neighbourhood is built on. I once had a spirit who not only haunted my old house but also the houses in our terrace, the spirit used to spend no more than 2 days in one place. Maybe its the same thing.....

#16 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hi Emily, I sent you an email address for someone who can help you get rid of this thing(s). When you are going through a negative haunting its best to NOT do EVP's or set up web cams etc. Reason being, you are showing it acknowledgement and that alone can feed its strength and cause the activity to increase. Others are right, you may have more than one but that doesnt matter now. All that matters is protecting your children and get some professionals out there to nuke that house and I think after all this time and all the fear, its time to take your house back. Keep us posted..

#17 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 6 2010, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Emily, I sent you an email address for someone who can help you get rid of this thing(s). When you are going through a negative haunting its best to NOT do EVP's or set up web cams etc. Reason being, you are showing it acknowledgement and that alone can feed its strength and cause the activity to increase. Others are right, you may have more than one but that doesnt matter now. All that matters is protecting your children and get some professionals out there to nuke that house and I think after all this time and all the fear, its time to take your house back. Keep us posted..

How do I get my messages on here?  I don't see anywhere that says 'inbox' etc.

#18 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(MomOfThree @ Jul 6 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I get my messages on here? I don't see anywhere that says 'inbox' etc.

Because you are new I couldnt send it directly, but went thru someone else. Up on the top right you will see when it arrives..

#19 MomOfThree

MomOfThree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 6 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because you are new I couldnt send it directly, but went thru someone else. Up on the top right you will see when it arrives..

Great, thank you! You can also email me at Daazy2 AT msn DOT com Thank you!!!

#20 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(MomOfThree @ Jul 6 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great, thank you! You can also email me at Daazy2 AT msn DOT com Thank you!!!

You are very welcome and thanks for the email addy. I was once going thru a negative haunting that became relentless and in my face. I had no idea what to do or where to turn. I was on another forum at the time and one lady gave me the name of that person and his team. They came out twice and I finally got my life and home back. I am forever grateful to her as others just wanted evidence for me to prove it, she had been thru it and now my house is clean and I can sleep at night!!!! Blessings bunny.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users