• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Peach996

Peach996

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

So, as a Christian I was raised to believe that all spirits either go to heaven or hell and the only spirits that walked the earth demons. Either way this past few weeks me and my girlfriend have been noticing some weird things happening in our apartment. We have two cats, Fatty and Smelly, and usually they live up to the names we give them, Fatty lays around all day and Smelly hangs out in our bathroom on her favorite rug. Recently they've been hyper active and always fighting each other all hours of the night. Also my girlfriend keeps telling me she feels someone touching her when theres no one around. At first I brushed all of it off with logical excuses, such as cats mating cycle and my girlfriend being paranoid, but this morning she had to head into work early and as usual i woke up and kissed her goodbye. when she left, I was laying in bed alone and kept hearing this noise at the corner of our room, at the time i thought it was the cat so I rolled onto my back and told it to "shut the **** up" and immediately I felt a huge weight come across my upper chest. The next part I feel crazy typing because I don't feel logically this sounds like it makes sense but I was trapped in some sort of a dream sequence. I myself knew I was awake and not dreaming but things weren't exactly the same anymore, I knew something was on my chest. It was talking to me taunting me, I don't remember the full conversation, but I remember reaching for a bible on our nightstand (which was never really there, like i had explained before I felt like i was in an alternate reality) and so I grabbed this bible and held it against this figure, trying to get it off my chest, and I remember it laughing at me and saying "bibles don't work on tricksters" and then I felt the weight leave my chest and I remember coming out of this state, I opened my eyes and was able to move again but for the next hour and a half or so I was scared to move I felt like I wasn't alone and the room felt like it had gotten colder, and not like a normal colder, like drop 10 degrees cooler. I laid there until at one point I finally felt at ease again. Somehow I knew it was over and I could sleep again and I wouldn't have any issues, and thats what I did, I fell asleep and had a normal dream. Everytime I'm alone in the apartment I feel uncomfortable. I know pretty much nothing about Ghost encounters, except what you see on television and movies, which are way to dramatic to take seriously, can anyone shed some light on what I'm dealing with or suggest something I can do to get this dealt with?

#2 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

Good Morning..

OOOkay, here we go!   There are two genuinely altered states of consciousness relating to sleep, which is in itself an altered state.  The first state is Hypnagogia, which occurs during that brief period between wakefulness and sleep, when you are neither awake nor asleep.   The second is Hypnopompia, which occurs between sleep and waking, when you are neither asleep nor awake.   Both these states produce visual, auditory, olfactory, tactile hallucinations.  There is a sensation of being unable to move, and the weight on the chest is common.  

Visual hallucinations are often interpreted as ghosts, which is why when I read that someone 'woke at 3:00 AM and there was a ghost (or demon or some other apparition) standing at the foot of the bed' I tend to take that with a grain of salt.  As for the auditory hallucinations, they can be in the form of hearing the doorbell on phone ring, with enough clarity that people have been known to get out of bed to answer the bell.  They may hear, as I did, their name called.  (For me, it was yelled from about an inch from my ear, in a very loud and angry male voice that immediately had my attention.  I had drifted off to sleep while waiting for an infant in a crib beside me to wake and demand breakfast.)  People sometimes smell baking, perfume, smoke, etc that is simply not there.  They are sometimes 'touched'.  

People are sometimes unable to move.  I believe this is due to the fact that when we sleep our muscles are paralyzed, supposedly to prevent us from acting out our dreams and doing ourselves or someone else a mischief.  They may be in a state whereby the brain is more or less active, but the body, not so much.  

Bottom line is that I would not put too much stock in your experience, at least for the moment.  

As for the cats, well, I have no idea why they are misbehaving.  Could be that they are cats..  

I hope this helps you a little bit.  Check out the Wikipedia links.  
https://en.wikipedia...iki/Hypnopompic
https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Hypnagogia

Muriel!

Edited by Muriel, 14 March 2017 - 02:59 PM.

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forums Peach. I am very sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience. I'm going to agree with Muriel on this.

But I would also suggest keeping a journal and writing in it when things happen. It will give a better idea on what's going on.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#4 Peach996

Peach996

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostMuriel, on 14 March 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Good Morning..

OOOkay, here we go!   There are two genuinely altered states of consciousness relating to sleep, which is in itself an altered state.  The first state is Hypnagogia, which occurs during that brief period between wakefulness and sleep, when you are neither awake nor asleep.   The second is Hypnopompia, which occurs between sleep and waking, when you are neither asleep nor awake.   Both these states produce visual, auditory, olfactory, tactile hallucinations.  There is a sensation of being unable to move, and the weight on the chest is common.  

Visual hallucinations are often interpreted as ghosts, which is why when I read that someone 'woke at 3:00 AM and there was a ghost (or demon or some other apparition) standing at the foot of the bed, I tend to take that with a grain of salt.  As for the auditory hallucinations, they can be in the form of hearing the doorbell on phone ring, with enough clarity that people have been known to get out of bed to answer the bell.  They may hear, as I did, their name called.  (For me, it was yelled from about an inch from my ear, in a very loud and angry male voice that immediately had my attention.  I had drifted off to sleep while waiting for an infant in a crib beside me to wake and demand breakfast.)  People sometimes smell baking, perfume, smoke, etc that is simply not there.  They are sometimes 'touched'.  

People are sometimes unable to move.  I believe this is due to the fact that when we sleep our muscles are paralyzed, supposedly to prevent us from acting out our dreams and doing ourselves or someone else a mischief.  They may be in a state whereby the brain is more or less active, but the body, mpt so much.  

Bottom line is that I would not put too much stock in your experience, at least for the moment.  

As for the cats, well, I have no idea why they are misbehaving.  Could be that they are cats..  

I hope this helps you a little bit.  Check out the Wikipedia links.  
https://en.wikipedia...iki/Hypnopompic
https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Hypnagogia

Muriel!

Thank you for replying, It's never happened to me before and it scared me to death, but it makes sense. I would love to believe it's not something hanging around my apartment. I'll document my experience and any experiences i have further and share them with you guys if anything comes up. I have a sick feeling that things will continue, but i think that may also stem from the paranoia of it being something it's not. My mom is really into paranormal events and things and the rest of my family is quick to dismiss it, so I've always been on the fence about it, but with the event this morning, it made me think about the events leading up to it and seeing what possible ties it had with all of it.

Also just another quick side note that had me thinking towards this field is when the cats lose their mind it looks like they're both trailing something, or running from something if that makes sense. They'll be in the living room and kind of look up as if they're looking at someone and theyll puff up and take off to another room. I, personally, am not a cat person, so I don't hold high standards for what they're doing or what posses them to do it, but like i said just trying to maybe see if there are any possible explination, if there is any. Again, time will tell and I'll let you guys know, thank you so much for the links and information!

#5 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Good Evening..

Documenting these events, if indeed they continue to happen, is a good plan.  In addition to the obvious, you could document the time of day they occur,  what the weather is outside, and any other aspect that may be relevant.  

And hey, you non-cat person, it is a good plan to document and perhaps videotape the behavior of the cats as well.  

It is not outside the realm of possibility that something spooky is happening in your apartment, but a lot more data would be necessary before anyone can say categorically that they do or do not they defy logical explanation.  

Keep us updated, okay!

Muriel!

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,013 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Muriel pretty much covered it. I can only add that you also take a specific look at Sleep Paralysis. Click Here

We always have to consider sleep deprivation. Do you have trouble sleeping normally?

I would suggest logging all events as they happen from this time forward.

I personally wouldn't completely rule out a haunting if other things are happening as well.

Please keep us informed if activity intensifies. And watch your cats, they are a great indicator of paranormal activity.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for all your help Muriel, you've covered it :D

Peach, let us know how you go and if things get better/worse so we can advise from there. Best of luck !
It's in the trees, it's coming!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost, Trickster, Apartment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users