• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Blood Lust

Blood Lust

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

mine is an insane asylum its going to be on ghost hunters in January. start sharing your places and stories.

(sorry i put this in wrong area any moderator who reads this could you move this to True ghost stories and haunted places?)

Edited by Blood Lust, 26 December 2008 - 09:26 PM.

#2 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

there are alot of places here.  most of which if researched. but for famouse ones that alot of people know about "local lore".  there is the old farmstead just nearby named lysters farm.  its nothing but the foundation of an old house and overgrown farmlands by the lake (half the land is underwater thanks to a dam they put in the stream many years ago to resevoir the water.)  on the long trail to the farmstead (very long and wooded) you can hear cowbells.  there arent any cows for miles. as well as often a pale orang orb will come along the road,  up to the main road then down a bit.  it swings like an old oil lanturn at someones side and lights the surrounding area.  but nothing is carrying it,  it just bobs along on its way.  looking for long deceased cows i suppose.

another place,  is the old shrewsbury church.  shrewsburry was once a cute little town,  self sustained.  it had a church, a blcksmith, a gorcery, and other things important to the wellbeing of a small town.  there is nothing left. the entire town became a ghost town,  fell into shambles, and over the years were removed.  all that remains now is the old church and cemetary.  and the surrounding area is all overgrown with forest,  mopstly young maple.  the woods are a very errie place even in the day. but the cemetary at the old shrewsburry church is reportedly quite active.  many people have been and reported eerie feelings of things watching them from the woods. intensly cold spots on warm summer days. and personaly, i felt this calm while i was int here.  no sounds whatsoever.  not even a bird.  which was odd considering it was a warm and sunny day.  then the entire earth shook like a huge tree had fallen and hit the earth close to me.  but there was no falling tree, none of the sounds incorperated with one.  it was just the feeling of an imence impact. then it was all silent again.  i never did a thorogh investigation of the church. i just stop in when i go passed to pay my respects,  to make sure everything is in order.  im shamed to say some vandals went into the cemetary and smashed a number of tombstones.  its a shame. let them rest.  i have a few photos of the church if anyone is interested.  

these are just a couple of the more familiar ones.  there are numerous others.  hoep you enjoyed
Posted Image

#3 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

I live in a small community that at one time was a perfect example of big money coal camps. I have investigated the old bowling alley and found it to be rather amazing. We captured audio of pins being knocked over and even saw an orb with my bare eyes along with 5 other researchers.

There is an old cemetery where Bad John Hall shot and killed Joe Cable and we captured amazing audio on a cam corder as well as some remarkable evps

Of course we have done several private homes and came in with very impressive evidence. Despite the good amount of success, about 90% of the cases we work we find nothing remotelly paranormal so it gets frustrating but that comes with the gig.

#4 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

I've posted this several times, but my home I believe has the previous owners that still make themselves known with overwhelming smells of food. It actually will make your mouth water. In the barn you can see a shadow of a man. When you turn to look he isn't there, and in your peripheral vision he's back again. This only happens from time to time but I love it when they visit. My home is so peaceful. There is no fear when the smells and shadows show up. My father and I joke about it when it happens because he is a big sceptic, and it has changed his opinion of paranormal activity. He helped me remodel my home and this is when things started to happen. I think the previous owner like what I've done with the place lol!!

Edited by equus6, 29 December 2008 - 10:02 AM.

Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#5 Dami

Dami

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Where do you live Blood Lust?  Just wondering....not a stalker or anything.

Everyone Needs a Family Sanitorium...

"The wages of coming through life unscathed....is going through life untouched." --  me.

#6 MaraLight18

MaraLight18

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, writing, reading, horse riding, singing, drawing, making friends, traveling

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

I live about an hour away from the Whaley House, in San Diego. It is amazingly haunted, and you'll get GREAT shots and video/audio if you are able to investigate at night. However that is VERY hard to do I hear, as after one investigation team that went in was reportedly attacked bad enough that the owners stopped letting investigators go in except during the day. Recently I've heard the opened it up to nightly investigators (with permission of course) every so often.

I've felt cold spots, and both I and a little girl witnessed a doll stroller in the children's room move. A friend of mine was allowed to go around the outside of the house at night and when he went up the steps in the back that lead to the second story and put his face to the window to see in, he heard a very loud and angry 'GET OUT' and was pushed and almost thrown from the stairs. Again, be careful at night if you go.

Ironically, behind the Whaley House and up the little hill are a row of Victorian houses (many of which are bed and breakfasts) and the last one at the top of the hill is very haunted, I've had a LOT of personal experience with that one, and can highly recommend it. Don't let the calm almost 'dead' vibes fool you; at night that place REALLY comes awake (especially in the the rooms).

-Mara Light

#7 Cole Younger

Cole Younger

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

The most famous haint in my area is the Spooklight down near Joplin, Missouri.  It is southwest of town.  Basically one of the most famous "will o' the wisp" or "Foxfire" cases there is.  A ball of fire appears over in Oklahoma and comes down this road which is named "Spooklight Road".  It just follows the road usually, but will sometimes do strange things.  Over the years, the locals have shot at it, chased it, been chased by it, been burned by it and everything else.  The road is also called "The Devil's Promenade" and other things.  Lots of explanations, but no real answers.  Some say it is minerals reflecting off the lights from an interstate highway, but the Spooklight pre-dates the highway and even automobiles.  The nearest town in Missouri is Hornet, which is pretty much gone and the nearest in Oklahoma is Quapaw.  There was once even a Spooklight Museum on the eastern end of the road.  People still sit out there when the weather is accomadating and look for it.   I've been there two or three times and never seen it.

#8 Spyder550

Spyder550

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Classic cars, ghost hunts, books, hanging out with my friends.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

I live in the outskirts of Pittsburgh, Pa, and there's a small tunnel that runs under railroad tracks known as "Corvette Tunnel". The tunnel itself is immediately after a long, wide, straight stretch of road, and then the road turns into a sharp, one-lane curve through the tunnel(very dangerous). There are actually 2 spirits known to be here, the first is a woman who wrecked a Corvette here during a drag race back in the 60's or 70's. At night sometimes, people say you can hear the engine, tires screeching, and a woman screaming. The second is an unknown woman who was murdered by her husband, who then dumped her body in a creek right next to the tunnel. Supposedly, if you walk through there at night, she will grab hold of your ankles and scream "Help me, help me!". I've investigated this place a few times, but I've neither seen or heard anything. However, every time I drive down through the tunnel I seem to feel an incredibly strong energy.

Break on through...

#9 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

I grew up in Evvansville, Indiana.  Located there is the famously haunted Willard Library, with it's "Grey Lady" ghost.  You may have seen it featured on Ghost Hunters.

They have links to a ghost cam and other fun stuff here on their website:
http://www.willard.lib.in.us/about_willard_library/ghost.php
and here:
http://www.willardghost.com/

The Library building is an absolutely amazing old victorian structure.  Our medieval history group has had many public demonstrations of western martial arts on the lawn, which is shaded by some giant old oak tres.  Also of note is the library's impressive collection of local historical documents.  

Regards, Canis

#10 mookie427

mookie427

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:56 AM

there's a whole book thats been made on hauntings in Oxford, but for the time being this is the only place I have a photo of thats reputedly haunted, it used to be an old folks home but closed a year or so ago and has stayed boarded up...it's ripe for a bit of urban exploration

#11 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

I live in Pittsburgh and there's a lot of alleged haunted areas around here. I lived in "Agony 7", which is Allegheny Center (apartment building and also a dorm for Art Institude students for a while), Building 7. I lived there for over a year and I never saw anything odd, but it is apparently very haunted. It makes sense, considering how many people have committed suicide there or who have died while balcony-hopping. The tenth floor of the Kaufmann's building is also supposed to be haunted...it's the furniture floor. The south tower of Allegheny General Hospital is said to be a source of odd voices and apparitions. One of the Carnegie Libraries, the Frick Mansion, Duquesne University, and the Job Corps center are all haunted too (among about three dozen other places).

And as for my little old hometown of Sayre, Pennsylvania...the elusive Pelachik House, which absolutely no one can find.

#12 Spyder550

Spyder550

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Classic cars, ghost hunts, books, hanging out with my friends.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Cambion @ Jan 13 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in Pittsburgh and there's a lot of alleged haunted areas around here. I lived in "Agony 7", which is Allegheny Center (apartment building and also a dorm for Art Institude students for a while), Building 7. I lived there for over a year and I never saw anything odd, but it is apparently very haunted. It makes sense, considering how many people have committed suicide there or who have died while balcony-hopping. The tenth floor of the Kaufmann's building is also supposed to be haunted...it's the furniture floor. The south tower of Allegheny General Hospital is said to be a source of odd voices and apparitions. One of the Carnegie Libraries, the Frick Mansion, Duquesne University, and the Job Corps center are all haunted too (among about three dozen other places).

And as for my little old hometown of Sayre, Pennsylvania...the elusive Pelachik House, which absolutely no one can find.

I live in Pittsburgh, too, and I was unaware of a few of those. Did you ever hear anything about rooms in the Cathedral of Learning being bricked off due to poltergeist activity? I've heard this rumor from people but can't seem to any real evidence.
Break on through...

#13 Lyns

Lyns

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:05 AM

There are quite a few Haunted places in my city.  Lots of ghostly tales, here are a few of my favorites:

The Waverley Inn

The Waverley Inn has been known to play host to many a famous guest.  It's most notorious guest was the famed poet Oscar Wilde who spent quite a few nights at this gorgeous hotel.  It's rumored that he met a beautiful young lady while visiting, and promised he would return to Halifax to see her after his World tour had finished.  He never made it back, even ended up marrying another woman (Florence Balcombe).  It's said that at night, a middle-aged man roams the upper hallway in a bowler hat, reading aloud from a book.

Saint Paul's Church

In 1917 there was a horrific explosion that wiped out most of our city.  Two ships collided in the harbour, and one was carrying a fair amount of TNT.  The story goes that a praying deacon in the nearby Saint Paul's Anglican Church was blown so forcefully towards a window that it left an imprint of his profile in one of the church windows.

I've heard they've changed the window several times but the imprint returns (this could surely be just local legend).  But here is a photo of the window:

I took the photo myself a few months ago.

Hope you've enjoyed wink.gif  I may return with more stories in the future.

#14 pisces

pisces

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

the best place in ottawa, ontario has got to be the old jailhouse. now it's used as a hostel but it's still got all the original metal barred cells and windows that are just holes in the walls. it still even has the drop floor at the top with all the mechanics used to hold up the noose and the doors that open out the front so that the people outside can watch the public hangings. we obviously don't hang people anymore, but if we ever decided to go back, it's all set up and ready to go...
so yeah, the scary stuff. a couple of the floors are closed off to the hostel-ers because too many things happen and it has even gotten violent a couple times. about halfway down the hallways are two heavy metal doors that block off the first half of the cells from the other half. between the two doors is just an empty space. i don't remember the purpose it served but it's like a little box, about three feet across with out any windows or anything. one time, during one of the haunted walks, the doors both slammed closed while a group was walking through, trapping a lady in the space between the doors. it took about an hour of the hostel workers trying to get the doors open and when they stepped back to think of another strategy, the doors both flung open. the woman ran for one of the doors and that one door slammed in front of her, taking one of her fingers off with it.
while my group was walking through, my boyfriend thought it would be hilarious to close the door to the cell we were in and pretend that it was stuck. the guide said it was getting cold and we should go. when my bf pushed the door open (proving that he was just kidding), i (also kidding) said he shouldn't joke like that because he'd make the spirits mad. he said that ghosts weren't real and there was a very loud creak and a boom that sounded like the metal door slamming shut. when the group turned around though, both doors were still open. out guide hurried us out into the stairwell where he told us the story about the woman (above).
there have been a ton of reports of people seeing shadows in the cells and even faces sometimes. but another good story is about the people that work at the front desk. two men came in and asked for a room for the night. it was a really cold night with freezing rain and they were both soaked. they didn't have any money or credit cards on them but the two other men at the front desk decided to let them stay for the night anyway. the next morning when they went up to wake the men up (since they hadn't yet come down to leave) both men were gone. later that morning while one of the workers was at the front desk, alone, the cash drawer opened by itself, the change cups rattled, then the drawer closed.
and, finally. when you go out the back door on the main floor, you're in the backyard, just underneath the platform that used to drop when people were hanged. the last man to be hanged there was patrick james whalen. a few months before i was there, there was a school trip. they were told some of the less gory stories we were but still heard about p.j. whalen's hanging. two young boys were outside, under the platform, jumping up and down on the cement singing 'patrick james whalen! patrick james whalen!' trying to scare one of their (female) classmates who was already a little spooked. anyway, the teacher and guide came out the back door to see both boys stop jumping at the exact same time then slowly turn around, both with blood pouring out of their noses.
the hostel is right in the middle of downtown ottawa, next to the most popular shopping mall in the city. lots of people claim to have heard the sound of the wooden doors rolling open and the platform dropping as they walk by.

#15 sweetkaos

sweetkaos

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I'm so interested, in the paranormal,fairies,cemetaries. I want to know more about shadow spirits,which i experienced along with my best friend years ago.and finding out,what really happened to Doris Bither,the real Carla Maran which the movie The Entity, was based on her life. Which is one of my favorite movies, by the way :)<br /> ^v^&lt;3

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

I live near a asylum,where TAPS and GHI members investigated,me and my hubby are planning to do our own little investigation in there.

Edited by sweetkaos, 10 March 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#16 Joey

Joey

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Ahh... Music.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Mine is Saint Francias Xavier University... I'm going to be going there... Woo hoo!
~ Joey

Posted Image

Welcome to GhostStudy.
Where the puns never end.

Posted Image

#17 Cole Younger

Cole Younger

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Another location near me is Fort Scott.  This is a fort built by the US Army in 1838 to protect the Military Road which ran from Fort Leavenworth in Kansas to Fort Smith in Arkansas.  Fort Scott is in extreme eastern Kansas about midpoint north to south.  It was home to two companies of Dragoons, which were an elite military force back in olden times.  A Dragoon officer accidentally killed himself in front of one of the buildings right in front of his wife.  The wife's image is sometimes seen at the window upstairs in their quarters.  Spectral soldiers from both the North and South are sometimes seen on the grounds as this area was heavily fought over in the War Between the States and even before it during the "Bleeding Kansas" era.  My wife and I were on a Christmas Tour of the Fort a few years back when a figure glided out from under a porch of the house I mentioned.  She was dressed in period attire-which was no big thing since many were there to play parts in the tour.  Nobody was supposed to be in that building though.

#18 PSI-Jim

PSI-Jim

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid motor enthusiast. I undertake a lot of repair work, and enjoy racing. Aside from which I am the founder of PSI - Paranormal Study and Investigation, with whom I am a keen investigator.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Over here in England, just down the road from me is Coal-House Fort, on the River Thames. It was built in the late 1800's as a defense for London. Its survived WW1, and WW2 and a few other small wars.

I used to help out there and do some restoration work. I clearly remember one day moving lots of long and heavy scaffold poles down to the underground tunnels and hearing the sounds of a female crying and panic screaming, always just loud enough to be in earshot. The thing was, it was only myself and my male workmate there!

Apparently there is said to be a transparent pair of legs strolling about. An army private was said to have have had an arguement with his superior, after a confrontation, the privates torso was said to cut clean off. I'm not sure if theres any truth to that, I havent really researched it.

Many people that investigate get lots of 'orbs' but mostly in the casemates and underground tunnels, all made of stone and brick, so I'm assuming most are airbourne foriegn particles like dust and debris. Some good EVP's have been recorded too.

Many people have lost their lives there though. If your ever in East Tilbury, England, come and check it out.
Remember there are no 'experts'. Anyone who claims they are is a fraud. We are ALL students, with varying degrees of knowledge.
Watch your favorite paranormal tv shows for free at the link below!
PSI - Paranormal Study & Investigation
PSI - Discussion Forums

#19 Blood Lust

Blood Lust

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Thank you all for posting i love reading all about all your hauntings if anyone cares i Live in Illinois by Peoria thats where the insane asylum ghost hunters did come but i believe i was wrong on the airing date but it will be on when ever keep and eye of for it it should be a good one but anyway thanks so much for posting your stories please do keep them coming. th_2140.gif  carrot.gif banana.gif  Dancing Food Rulz!!!!!!!

#20 Jill_Skellington

Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

Hello.

The whole city  and the surrounding areas of New Orleans are haunted. Especially now. smile.gif Many places. Here is a link that lists different areas, the haunted history tours.

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users