Haunted House Is Finally Demolished.

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#1 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

I dont know how many if any of you are familar with the horrific story of Sylvia Likens, who was tortured, sexually assaulted, beaten, and treated like a dog by her so called Foster Mother. Its a horribly sad sad story, and she died at the age of 16 due to the abuse, and injuries sustained. The house is gone, do you think it was Slyvia haunting the house or that rotten so called human being that took her in?
Many people in that area decided to see if there was a haunting, and they were horrified by this case. This could also fall under the subject of "EVIL'..There were two movies dedicated to Sylvia and one is "An American Crime" and the other is "The Girl next door." Everyone let this child down, and its such a tragedy. Do you think she haunted this house or was it MOTHER DEAREST, also I often wonder if she can rest in peace..Thoughts?  Picture 518.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrgjvPsRYDE...ture=related-If you check it out, at around 42-43 seconds there is a face on the upper window on our left..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQZ8rsBxBg0...feature=related
My Signature
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#2 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

I do not think that this poor girl is haunting anything or anyone.  

What happened to her is tragic and should not be forgotten, and it should also not be exploited for personal gain or gratification.  I hate to see her name dragged around on the internet and used to promote meaningless Youtube videos like the one of this house.  

It makes me a little angry to see this foul-mouthed ghoul creeping around this house and trying to use this poor girl's story to get famous. It's incredibly disrespectful.

It is quite clear that there was someone in the house at the time of the filming.  That is, a living person was in the house, either a prankster or just a plain old tresspasser. To assume otherwise is a terrible breach of logic.  The video shows nothing at all that is even worth consideration.

Canis

#3 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(CaniswalensisGStudy @ Apr 29 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not think that this poor girl is haunting anything or anyone.  

What happened to her is tragic and should not be forgotten, and it should also not be exploited for personal gain or gratification.  I hate to see her name dragged around on the internet and used to promote meaningless Youtube videos like the one of this house.  

It makes me a little angry to see this foul-mouthed ghoul creeping around this house and trying to use this poor girl's story to get famous. It's incredibly disrespectful.

It is quite clear that there was someone in the house at the time of the filming.  That is, a living person was in the house, either a prankster or just a plain old tresspasser. To assume otherwise is a terrible breach of logic.  The video shows nothing at all that is even worth consideration.

Canis

This has to be the saddest most disgusting account of child abuse in this lifetime. I havent seen either movie, its too disturbing and its too difficult to even comprehend. As far as the guy that video taped the house, at first he thought he might see a ghost. We dont know if their were squatters in there or not. However in the beginning he was sort of excited that something or someone was in the window. BUT he is a good guy with a conscience. He started having nightmares, dreaming of Sylvia and her horrid life, and couldnt stand the thought that she "might" be stuck there, and he would cry every night, so he stopped taping and didnt even want to drive by the house on his way to work. The house/land was supposed to be sold in order to make a shelter for abused females, but that fell through. Everything they tried fell through, but recently it was demolished to make a parking lot. I began this thread so Sylvia will NOT ever ever be forgotten. Everything about this was just so wrong, and no one did a thing to save this child, and thats the worse part, even the police, and neighbors. There is a memorial for Sylvia now, and not that helps what she went thru, but that she will always be in our hearts, and prayers. I never wish bad on anyone, but I hope Gertrude rots in Hell....

My Signature

#4 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Apr 29 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the guy that video taped the house, at first he thought he might see a ghost. We dont know if their were squatters in there or not. However in the beginning he was sort of excited that something or someone was in the window. BUT he is a good guy with a conscience. He started having nightmares, dreaming of Sylvia and her horrid life, and couldnt stand the thought that she "might" be stuck there, and he would cry every night, so he stopped taping and didnt even want to drive by the house on his way to work.

Well, his own comments that he left on this video tell me a different story.  If he really was a good guy with a conscience, he would take this meaningless video down off the web and stop trading on this poor girl's name.  Thanks to his video, other people entered the house illegally a month later to "investigate" further.  They filmed the inside of the house & posted it on you tube for all to see. The inside of the house had horrible grafitti and other signs of a continuing human presence, so it is not in question if people had been getting into the house or not.  They were and that explains everything we see in this video.  Like I said, this video does not show anything that is in the least bit paranormal.  For this guy to try to say otherwise so that he has something to post on youtube is a diservice to Sylvia Likens' memory.

Blue, Let me make it clear that I am in no way angry at you, or faulting you for starting this thread to discuss this topic.  My feelings of anger are directed entirely at this creep and his stupid pointless video.  I think that you are a very nice person.

Regards, Canis

#5 Guest_LadyCrymson_*

• Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

I hadn't even heard of this story until coming into this thread.  Good god almighty, what a horrendous crime.

#6 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

[quote name='CaniswalensisGStudy' date='Apr 29 2009, 08:01 PM' post='457300']
Well, his own comments that he left on this video tell me a different story.  If he really was a good guy with a conscience, he would take this meaningless video down off the web and stop trading on this poor girl's name.  Thanks to his video, other people entered the house illegally a month later to "investigate" further.  They filmed the inside of the house & posted it on you tube for all to see. The inside of the house had horrible grafitti and other signs of a continuing human presence, so it is not in question if people had been getting into the house or not.  They were and that explains everything we see in this video.  Like I said, this video does not show anything that is in the least bit paranormal.  For this guy to try to say otherwise so that he has something to post on youtube is a diservice to Sylvia Likens' memory.

Blue, Let me make it clear that I am in no way angry at you, or faulting you for starting this thread to discuss this topic.  My feelings of anger are directed entirely at this creep and his stupid pointless video.  I think that you are a very nice person.

Regards, Canis

Hi, Thank you I try to be as nice as I can. This video is not the only one out there. That house was abandonded for years on end. Many went into the basement, the house, etc which of course is wrong, but I have to keep telling myself, that people are curious and sort of ignorant to the fact that the deceased deserve respect. This guy is one of several. Everyone on here, is into the paranormal however the public young people are looking for ghosts. I mean they go to cemeteries and provoke, because basically they are clueless, and I think we can all agree on that one. To be honest without sounding naive, if it werent for him, I wouldnt have known about Sylvia. This is a heartwrenching story and it totally breaks my heart, as it does most of us, but it has to be told, for Sylvia's sake and for that animal that killed her. Evil is evil, and I will never ever understand why humans can be THAT horrid and gives a whole new meaning to the word "evil." Obviously these things do go on to this day, and it sickens me, like the 8 year old in CA who was killed by he female Sunday School teacher, along with other acts I wont discuss. I have a deep interest in children being a Mom myself, and to see things like this, I dont blame the guys running around the house, or going in the basement because IMO that home wreaked of evil, and not that of Sylvia. Thats just my take on it. I just pray that Sylvia is resting in peace..

My Signature

#7 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(LadyCrymson @ Apr 29 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hadn't even heard of this story until coming into this thread.  Good god almighty, what a horrendous crime.

I know Hun I know. I posted it for one reason, and thats so Sylvia, bless her heart will never be forgotten. May she rest in peace...
My Signature

#8 Uetto

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Reading Manga
    Writing (Drawing)
    Listening to Music
    Having Fun
    Watching Anime
    Studying Japanese or Latin

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Here's more information on Sylvia Likens though i hope shes at rest in heaven and not haunting the place she died in.
My Signature

#9 BFG

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Apr 29 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know how many if any of you are familar with the horrific story of Sylvia Likens, who was tortured, sexually assaulted, beaten, and treated like a dog by her so called Foster Mother. Its a horribly sad sad story, and she died at the age of 16 due to the abuse, and injuries sustained. The house is gone, do you think it was Slyvia haunting the house or that rotten so called human being that took her in?
Many people in that area decided to see if there was a haunting, and they were horrified by this case. This could also fall under the subject of "EVIL'..There were two movies dedicated to Sylvia and one is "An American Crime" and the other is "The Girl next door." Everyone let this child down, and its such a tragedy. Do you think she haunted this house or was it MOTHER DEAREST, also I often wonder if she can rest in peace..Thoughts?  Picture 518.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrgjvPsRYDE...ture=related-If you check it out, at around 42-43 seconds there is a face on the upper window on our left..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQZ8rsBxBg0...feature=related

I saw where they tore that down its about time. I'm from Indianapolis. My cousin knew her though Sylvia was a little older than her, she lived a couple of blocks away at the time. My cousin says no one knew what was going on in that house. I remember after it happened my mom not letting me read anything about it in the newspaper I must've been around   ten or eleven I can't remember. It was too disturbing I know now.

#10 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for the info BFG, Im glad the house was torn down and that Sylvia rests in peace. sad.gif
My Signature

#11 Crush

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

OO NO!! they demonlished it..

anyone seen that vid where she appears in the window, it's very interesting..

sad they demolished that.

geez.

#12 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Crush @ May 29 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OO NO!! they demonlished it..

anyone seen that vid where she appears in the window, it's very interesting..

sad they demolished that.

geez.

Yes I posted it awhile ago. Even though they demolished it, I hope Foster MOMMY is stuck in the dirt eternally. Horribly sad story, poor girl.. devil.gif
My Signature

#13 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

The woman was not "foster MOMMY" -- she didn't go out and look for kids to take in out of the goodness of her heart,  she was not running a day care, nor a foster home,  nor offering to take unwanted chidren,  nor advertising such services, nor trying to take responsibility for stray children -- she had enough problems caring for her own.   There was no reason at all to consider this woman as caretaker for  children.  
Sylvia's parents were seperated,  Sylvia's mother was jailed for shop lifting,  and Sylvia's father "arranged for Sylvia and her sister to board" with Gertrude,  who he knew virtually nothing about.  "Although Gertrude and her seven children were poor, Lester Likens, as he reported in the trial, "didn't pry" into the condition of the house, and encouraged Baniszewski to "straighten his daughters out".  They payed $20 a week,  and the money was late the first 2 weeks .  Gertrude only took the girls because she needed that money,  as she didn't actually have enough money to take care of her own children.  The bread and soup meals fed to Sylvia and Jenny were not "cruel and unual punishment"  they were actually the family's usual diet.
So while Gerturde is indeed a criminal,  there is no need to demonize her,  because their are already demon's in this case -- Sylvia's own parents.

Edited by Judecat, 30 May 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#14 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for post Jude. Everyone let her down, her own parents, neighbors, children's sevices, police and the true evil one was that thing that called herself a woman, for killing her slowly by means of torture. She was paid for her services, so that makes her a care taker, and she had no right to beat that child, or allow others to do worse things to her. Its such a tragic story and so sad for poor little Sylvia. I hope she can now rest in peace. sad.gif
My Signature

#15 Uetto

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Reading Manga
    Writing (Drawing)
    Listening to Music
    Having Fun
    Watching Anime
    Studying Japanese or Latin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ May 27 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the info BFG, Im glad the house was torn down and that Sylvia rests in peace. sad.gif

Or is she? I mean, when a house is destroyed and rebuilt (if it was), she will still be haunting it. Its a good possibility.
My Signature

#16 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I would hope its Gertrude that is haunting the house, now maybe the land, and I pray Sylvia is with God.. Picture 518.gif
My Signature

#17 BFG

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(Judecat @ May 30 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The woman was not "foster MOMMY" -- she didn't go out and look for kids to take in out of the goodness of her heart,  she was not running a day care, nor a foster home,  nor offering to take unwanted chidren,  nor advertising such services, nor trying to take responsibility for stray children -- she had enough problems caring for her own.   There was no reason at all to consider this woman as caretaker for  children.  
Sylvia's parents were seperated,  Sylvia's mother was jailed for shop lifting,  and Sylvia's father "arranged for Sylvia and her sister to board" with Gertrude,  who he knew virtually nothing about.  "Although Gertrude and her seven children were poor, Lester Likens, as he reported in the trial, "didn't pry" into the condition of the house, and encouraged Baniszewski to "straighten his daughters out".  They payed $20 a week,  and the money was late the first 2 weeks .  Gertrude only took the girls because she needed that money,  as she didn't actually have enough money to take care of her own children.  The bread and soup meals fed to Sylvia and Jenny were not "cruel and unual punishment"  they were actually the family's usual diet.
So while Gerturde is indeed a criminal,  there is no need to demonize her,  because their are already demon's in this case -- Sylvia's own parents.

I don't remember her parents being separated, they were carnival workers and traveled around a lot thats why the girls were left with that woman so they could get regular schooling so they said. Her sister Jenny was crippled from polio I believe.Bread and soup meals? Sylvia often went without any food as did her sister. No one knew what was going on because everyone involved was afraid to tell on the others. During the trial Gertrude tried to blame everyone else including her own children. When Sylvia died was when the law was called and her sister told, but only after the law got her out of there. My cousin who lived near them at the time said all those boys involved were hoods the older ones anyway. One of Gertrudes son's became a minister later. I had always heard Gertrude didn't have enough money because she was a drunk. There have been so many stories about Sylvia Likens over the years around  Indianapolis.

#18 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(BFG @ Jun 2 2009, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember her parents being separated, they were carnival workers and traveled around a lot thats why the girls were left with that woman so they could get regular schooling so they said. Her sister Jenny was crippled from polio I believe.Bread and soup meals? Sylvia often went without any food as did her sister. No one knew what was going on because everyone involved was afraid to tell on the others. During the trial Gertrude tried to blame everyone else including her own children. When Sylvia died was when the law was called and her sister told, but only after the law got her out of there. My cousin who lived near them at the time said all those boys involved were hoods the older ones anyway. One of Gertrudes son's became a minister later. I had always heard Gertrude didn't have enough money because she was a drunk. There have been so many stories about Sylvia Likens over the years around  Indianapolis.

That's pretty much the version of events I read as well (wikipedia...which I know isn't gospel, but which can be a helpful place to start at least).  I didn't have the heart to look at other sites because I was afraid there might be autopsy photos and the idea of seeing that poor girl's body was too upsetting.

#19 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jun 2 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty much the version of events I read as well (wikipedia...which I know isn't gospel, but which can be a helpful place to start at least). I didn't have the heart to look at other sites because I was afraid there might be autopsy photos and the idea of seeing that poor girl's body was too upsetting.

I have followed this story for a few years now and have yet to see autopsy photos, thank God. They only show her mattress and area in the basement where she spent most of her time. I cant imagine harming a child, never mind the torture inflicted on Sylvia, it makes me sick. Gertrude was a horrible so called human being. I dont care if she was poor, I dont care if she drank or was a loose woman so to speak. I care about what she did to that poor child, and her sister making her witness it all. I hope she rots in Hell...
My Signature

#20 Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

I hadn't heard about this before. Very sad!!

As for the video, there is someone in there (a fleshy) You can see them move away from the window later on in the video. It's alot more obvious than the faces they are pointing out.
My Signature
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com