© Fisana

Pretty Pretty Sparklies

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_archibaldmichael_*

Guest_archibaldmichael_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:25 AM

Sparklies are one of the best paranormal occurances in the feild I think.  Because it's an occurance that is not founded on yet. Sparklies are a good find ,they have movement and really create there own light, and are harder to disprove than orbs. Has anyone ever seen Ed Warrens spark finds at Union Graveyard now thats some interesting stuff? What are some of your ideas to what sparklies mean.

#2 scuba

scuba

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:28 AM

I don't know what sparklies are huh.gif Do you have any pictures you could post?
"Saying nothing sometimes says the most."

-Emily Dickinson-
user posted image

#3 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

I know what you're talking about and have had the pleasure of seeing "sparkles" during an investigation.  
For those of you who haven't seen them, it's like a cloud of glitter all around, but the sparkles are larger than what glitter would be, sizewise.
My one experience with sparkles was in a field where a "hanging tree" and 100+ year old jail were.  The tree was behind and to the left of the jail, and to the right was an open field.  There were shallow hills behind the jail and field.  I was told that the back area behind the jail and around it and the tree were supposed to be haunted.  
I went there with a friend's son who was interested in ghosthunting, but new to it.  This was his first actual investigation.  We were both behind the jail, and both of us had cameras.  We were inviting ghosts to be in our photos, and taking random shots of the area.  I took a photo across the field, and when the flash lit up the field, there was this "cloud" of "sparkles" that showed up visually.  We both saw it.  We sort of looked at each other, wondering what that was, and then I snapped another shot in the same direction.  The flash lit up the "cloud" again, only this time, it was a bit closer to us.  Both of us were fairly delighted at this, and each snapped off one or two more photos, and each time the cloud was closer.  Finally, we were snapping shots of each other, because we were surrounded by this "cloud".  Every time a flash went off, the sparkles would be lit up, and Brandon and I were standing smack dab in the middle of it all.  They were absolutely beautiful...and one of the oddest things I remember about them, was that even though they were in front of our eyes, it was difficult to tell exactly how far they were from you.  I couldn't tell you if it was an inch or 6 inches.  Part of that was because they would only be lit up for the instant of the flash, but part of it seemed to also be the nature of the "sparkles".   In a few moments, they were gone, they just didn't show up in the flashes anymore.
During the time that they were surrounding us, I "felt" tingles all over my body.  I didn't sense anything negative, but I did get a sense of curiousity and (I know this sounds silly, but...) amusement.      
I tried to photograph them, and even though they were all around us, not a single photo came out of them.  Every shot of the sparkles came out black.
The weird thing about it, is that at the time, I had the film developed at Walgreen's drugstore.  The cameras were disposeable ones.  Usually the negatives are cut when you get your film returned, but on these two rolls, both negatives were returned to me intact, in one long strip.
This is where it gets odd.  When you unroll the negatives, you'll see photos of Brandon and myself, but they're clear.  In between the photos of us, you'll see gaps of 3 or 4 photos, all blank/black.  I'm positive those are the shots I took from across the field as the sparkles got closer to us.  I used up two disposeable cameras during that investigation, mostly taking shots of Brandon and the surrounding area.  Brandon's photos had the same results.
I've experienced a lot of odd paranormal activity during my lifetime, but this is the only time that I've experienced "sparkles".  They're absolutely beautiful, nonthreatening, and apparently, can't be photographed using 35mm film in a disposeable camera.
I would love to hear any scientific or logical explanations for these.  I don't know that there is any, and I seriously think that it was a true paranormal experience.  But what sparkles represent, I don't know.  I got the impression of them being a "crowd", like a group of people.  But it was completely nonthreatening, and seemed almost "friendly" towards us.  I mean, it came across a field and surrounded us, and we were standing within this cloud of sparkles.  They were between me and Brandon and surrounding us, yet it was difficult to tell how far away they were.  And both of us saw them time and time again, yet not a single one showed up in any photo on two rolls of film.  
Sorry for the length on this, sometimes I can ramble.  smile.gif

#4 scuba

scuba

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:14 AM

Wow, that's an interesting story DarkAngel. Must have been beautiful. I liked your assesment of it feeling more like a crowd of people rather than just the one person. I can almost imagine them being like phospheressence (sp) - the little lights in seawater that is created by tiny plankton. Very beautiful indeed smile.gif
"Saying nothing sometimes says the most."

-Emily Dickinson-
user posted image

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

I myself have never experienced them but several people I know have and say it is an amazing experience, and one that everyone should have. One of my freinds is convinced they are fairies or pixies while another thinks it was a ghost wanting to make contact.

#6 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

Wow, I must be a lucky one too then! I see them everytime I go on an investigation. Your right DA, they are absolutely beautiful. The ones I seem to experience are gold in color. They are around when I'm talking to them or we are new to an area and I ask if they want to be included in the pictures. When the flash goes off you can see them. But they are not there every single time. I've always seen them, on every investigation and I thought it was the camera picking up air moisture, humidity, and air born particles but I quickly ruled that out when I wasn't seeing them every time. I have taken pictures just to see the sparkles themselves. My son sees them too and he's always asking, "Mom, check for sparkles!". We'll snap a pics and it's like the 4th of July, we stand there and say "OoooOOO! Did you see those??!!!"  They truly are beautiful!!

#7 DarkOne

DarkOne

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:30 AM

something weird.....i never knew this was an actual "Phenomenon".The weird thing is i used to see sparkles in my old apartment all the time.I knew it was haunted,on the account that i once saw a thing with black empty eyeholes and a big gaping mouth at the end of the hall when i entered the apartment one night.Also it was haunted by a woman and a child.I was washing dishes once and i heard someone say "How long do you think he will let him stay?"in a child voice then an adult female voice replied "I dont know." then my shirt slowly began lifting and pulling to the side like someone was tugging at my shirt.All i know is that place was indeed haunted,and i saw the sparkles on a regular basis.More than 2 or 3 times a day.They would just be sparkling in the middle of the living room or in the hall.they were there alot.
Posted Image
DarkOne-[Noun]; A person of questionable sanity.

#8 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:21 AM

I see those sparkles too and have always seen them when I have I photographed anomalies. I see them when there is spirit around. I always wondered what it is. Some people say it is dust but I dont get when I photograph spirit orbs and not dust. The first time I went on an investigation I saw it and immediately it jogged my memory and looked familiar. I remembered once that I turned off the light in the garage and it went pitch black and I saw those exact sparkles in the air for a few seconds. They were exactly the same as I see when I use my digital camera on an investigation. That is strange 'cause there was no camera flash to reflect off any dust. It was pitch black. Also I hjave deliberately caused dust and photographed it and have not seen these sparkles. They are interesting & I would love to see more investigation done on them. Its almost like the chill from spirit consists of these sparkles

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:24 PM

I feel jealous having never expereinced this. I have seen stars from getting knocked out, does that count?

#10 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:27 AM

LOL...close enough LD, close enough  wink.gif

#11 deb_493

deb_493

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:paranormal

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:54 AM

biggrin.gif yep, i see sparkles also, although not being sure of what it was i thought at first it was high blood presure! blink.gif but came to realize after time that several unexplainable coincedences led me to the conclusion that there is a connection between these "sparkles" and the paranormal unsure.gif

#12 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:55 PM

I have also often seen these sparkles and have photographed then.  The only way I was able to do this was with a zoom lock.  If your camera has this ability, let your camera zoom on something that is about 5 or 6 feet away then lock in the zoom option. This is usually done but pushing the button you take a pic with, half way down. This locks the zoom. Then you turn to where you saw the sparkles and take a pic. For every pick you take you would have to do the zoom lock. The only problem is that you will get pics that looks like a lot of dust orbs and not actually all the pretty sparkles.  I myself believe that they are just dust particles lit up by the flash.

The strange part about this is that even though we see all these sparkles, and take a normal pic without doing a zoom lock, we donít get any orbs in the pic. For people saying that orbs are just dust particles then the pic should be filled with thousands of orbsÖ I just donít understand orbs. Itís just so confusing!!  laugh.gif   laugh.gif   laugh.gif

#13 Krystal Weave

Krystal Weave

EVP

• GS Member
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:MY DAUGHTER, ART, PAINTING, DRAWING, SKYDIVING, TRAVELING, SEARCHING FOR THE TRUTH HAS BEEN A PATH TAKEN IN MY LIFE SINCE I WAS BORN TO RECOGNIZE LIFE. SPIRITUALITY IS MY DIRECTION, ALONG WITH INVESTIGATING MUCH PARANORMAL INFORMATION, AS WELL AS EXPERIENCING IT!!!

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(deb_493 @ Dec 23 2004, 06:54 AM)
biggrin.gif yep, i see sparkles also, although not being sure of what it was i thought at first it was high blood presure! blink.gif but came to realize after time that several unexplainable coincedences led me to the conclusion that there is a connection between these "sparkles" and the paranormal unsure.gif

View Post

LOL.  That's what I always thought too!  I thought it was not enough oxygen getting to my brain or blood pressure.
http://paranormalinvestigations.org/
'OPEN YOUR WINGS AND FLY; OPEN YOUR MIND AND SOAR'

#14 Pen_Gwag_Glas

Pen_Gwag_Glas

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Paranormal investigation, Art, Alternative Music

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:58 PM

I always see sparkles but I've never thought of trying to photograph them. I always assumed it was something wrong with my eyes when they appear, even though I do get a sense of not being alone when I see them.

user posted image

#15 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Trained Skywarn Stormspotter/chaser for the NWS in Shreveport LA.<br />Founder and lead investigator in the E.TX area for a paranormal group.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

like DA,our team has gone throw rolls of film doing the same thing on the negatives.and what else is funny is that our EMF and ELF meters didn't go off when they were present. blink.gif
"If  you want to live life on your own terms,you gotta be willing to crash and burn"-MOTLEY CRUE

#16 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(mesocyclonef5 @ Dec 29 2004, 02:09 PM)
like DA,our team has gone throw rolls of film doing the same thing on the negatives.and what else is funny is that our EMF and ELF meters didn't go off when they were present. blink.gif

View Post

Hmm. That leads me to believe it could be something other than the paranormal. Maybe this is what humidity looks like? LOL...heck I have no idea what it is. I just know its not in every shot. Some have thick amounts some have smaller amounts and then none at all. It sure is an interesting phenomena! And pretty!  biggrin.gif

#17 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2004 - 07:31 PM

That's cool to see so many folks who have seen sparkles.  I'm convinced that the ones I saw were not dust.  Here's why:
We were on a grassy field, no dirt anywhere near us...we had come in from the South side, walking in a straight line to the jail.  When we reached the jail, we turned left (West), and went around to the back that way.  The sparkles came from the East, from quite a ways away from us and far from the jail, in an area that we hadn't gone anywhere near.  The sparkles advanced towards us while Brandon and I stayed stationary.  We never moved from where we were standing, and in moments we were surrounded by a cloud of sparkles.  Each time a flash went off, you could see the "cloud" of sparkles was closer to us.  They were diamond shaped, and in different sizes.
They are beautiful, and if I remember right, they were goldish-white in color.  

#18 REDRUM

REDRUM

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal of course. Why else would I be here? ;)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:23 PM

First off, let me start by saying that I do believe this phenomenon exists.  If I hadn't seen it with the naked eye, I'd truly doubt it's existence as I also noticed this when the flash was fired.

The day my Nannie passed, I awoke to a basketball sized orb hovering about five feet over my bed.  It was goldenish yellow with those large sparkles through it.  The rest of it was pretty much transparent.

With it came an overwhelming sense of euphoria and the feeling of not  being alone.  I'm sure it was my Nannie paying me a last visit of sorts.

Now, the skeptic in me wants to give a test to all of you whom are seeing sparklies only when the flash goes off.

Place yourself in a darkened room with your camera, flash enabled and something really dusty.  Use a rag that you've just dusted with.  Have your camera poised, ready for the shot then shake the rag in front of the camera and fire right away.  The trick this time though is to not look through the viewfinder, snap it with it down in front of your chest or anywhere that it's sure not to block your view in any way.

You will see the dust illuminating as the flash fires. wink.gif  

I do believe that this explains the majority of the "Sparkles" viewed during these situations.  Just re-read the stories, most all mentioned noticing the phenomenon when the flash was fired.

Dark Angel, a few questions for you.  Were you near any water source and was there any chance of fog that day, a mild, damp day followed by a cooler evening causing the heat to rise from the warm land creating the fog?

The reason I ask this is that it was another case of something only becoming visible once the flash was being fired.  I've also noticed moisture in the air illluminate the same way although it was rain/snow that did this.  When hit by the flash it would illuminate with that sparkly effect as well.  Now I'm curious as to whether the finer moisture particles of a fog could cause this effect.

Really though, if it was an otherwise dark night, isn't it possible that you might only see this fog when illluminated by the flash?

When you get to know your camera, you will notice that all airborne contaminants will illuminate this way; big, small, near, far, dust, moisture, bugs, etc.

Edited by REDRUM, 04 January 2005 - 02:25 PM.

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow

#19 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

I was once told thay my aura was purple and gold with gold "sparklies" around it.  

It may be possible that these are remnants of peoples' energies that remain.  But, considering that they move toward and around people, the souls must be present too.  Maybe it's just the 'thumbprint' of certain souls - like the strange occurance of the sparkles in my aura.  Hope that made sense.  Just my thoughts.

#20 Ditto

Ditto

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

I've seen sparklies with my naked eye also. Usually only on goldenish little diamond sparkly by itself. It moved around quite alot also. I was almost able to keep up with it.