• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

#1 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Family, Learning

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:56 PM

I took a pic of a silver coinring I made with my phone to inspect the detail and see if it needed further sanding and polishing. I was not expecting to see what looks like a ghost cat / kitten in the reflection / shadow.
I have always had cats and loved them as part of the family. We have a fully grown cat now but I can assure you this is not him. What do you think? What does it mean?
http://s1311.photobu...769457575166598

Edited by rainmaker, 21 April 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Sorry rainmaker, but there is an error with your link.  Are you sure it's correct?
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

Sorry I am new here and not very tech savy on my phone ( older generation ) (-; I will see if I can find out why the link is not working.
Again apologies
Edit: now working / fixed (-;

Edited by rainmaker, 21 April 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#4 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

This pic's cropped a little closer. Wish I had taken the pic on my Cannon now (-; http://s1311.photobu...850834732875228

Edited by rainmaker, 21 April 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#5 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

To give you a little background on myself you may wish to read my thread and hobby here http://forums.silver...the-dollar.html
I seemed to be able to forsee future bullion prices ( bullion is a hobby ) its all a bit odd considering I consider myself a skeptic! So I am thinking could the possible ghost kitten/ cat have any connection to my bizzare intuition / phychic ability? What do you think?

#6 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

This looks like just a normal shadow to me, with a small amount of pariedolia thrown in. Something our brains commonly do.

Posted Image

#7 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for your tesponse, in the right light I can make out the kittens head and body including ears eyes and nose. Just seems unusual for a shadow / reflection to have these details ( to me anyway )

Cheers
Vern

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,453 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, Snowlord is right.  Without knowing much more about the picture, it is just narrowed down to pareidolia and a shadow.  It does look like a cat, though :)
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

View Postrainmaker, on 21 April 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

... Thanks for your tesponse, in the right light I can make out the kittens head and body including ears eyes and nose. Just seems unusual for a shadow / reflection to have these details ( to me anyway ) ...

I understand. But if you look at the detail in all the similar shadow areas you will see similar markings and shadings and lighting to the detail that makes up the cat's face. It just all came together because of the interesting shape of the shadow.

#10 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

If you know cats as well as I do you will know they very often have one ear not pointed straight up or out.
In the picture the kitten's left ear ( right ear looking at the picture ) appears to be at an angle.
This is a common trait in cats.
I'm not saying it is a ghost cat because I don't know for sure. I just cannot explain it nor believe it is just a shadow. I could be wrong, I'm only human after all (-;

#11 Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

I agree with the previous posts.. and I also see the cat shape, very cool looking but probably just shadows and reflections.
My Signature

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#12 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

If you get a chance you should try and get a photo with a reflection of your actual cat for comparison BUT snowlord is almost certainly correct. However, if it was my photo I'd just be happy with it and accept that while it wont pass muster as evidence for a ghost it is a really interesting photo catch ... I miss my kitty :sigh:
My Signature
- siguie -

#13 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hang out with family and friends, spin records, music, paranormal.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Snowlord is correct, your kitten looks to be just narrowed down to pareidolia and a shadow I do see the cat though.

I will be showing some animal appartions that I have captured. Keep an eye out for it.
My Signature
Posted Image

#14 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

I have taken dozens of pictures but I can't replicate anything like the image of the kitten. Mostly I can just see a reflection of my phone/camera and the normal stuff. I got a pic of our cat ( reflection in the same ring ) to be fair the conditions light etc and location are not identical.  But imo he looks less like a cat than the Ghost Kitten, probably because his head is turned slightly to the side. However I can tell its him, black and white. White on nose and white under chin http://s1311.photobu...4a8de5.jpg.html
Not many kiwi cats in the UK but we brought this fella with us 7 years ago, he owns us after all! lol. We can now rule Alfie out and go with shadow that looks like kitten / cat or something else. I know where I stand, It really is one of those things that in reality cannot be proven either way and comes down to what YOU see ( or NOT see ) and believe. Its no trick so yeah its pretty cool whatever it is. Thanks for your comments all.

Edited by rainmaker, 22 April 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#15 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Cool! Thanxz for the comparison pic!!!

Yeah, when it comes right down to it no matter how good a ghost photo is by itself it will never be "proof" so at best it is evidence. But some people see images in mirrors and your polished silver ring is basically that so maybe it is a ghost kitty and everyone else is wrong.

Either way I appreciate that you shared the photo! and it's cool ring too!!!
My Signature
- siguie -

#16 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hang out with family and friends, spin records, music, paranormal.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Agree.
My Signature
Posted Image

#17 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Thanks guys.
After spending even more time studying the ghost kitten picture I have noticed my camera phone shadow. Its very hard to see but if you look from the bottom lip of the ring and look for a slightly darker shade which ends before the ghost kittens chin area. That would put the ghost kitten behind me or at least behind my phone. The other argument may be just that it is an overlapping shadow. However perhaps this may give more evidence? Or not. Can you make the top part of my camera phone out? It is really hard to see.

#18 Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

View Postrainmaker, on 22 April 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

... perhaps this may give more evidence? Or not. Can you make the top part of my camera phone out? It is really hard to see ...

The problem with this is that everything about you and around you contributes to the shape and details of the reflection in the image posted. The camera used, the camera settings, the lighting conditions, what was behind you and around you in the room, the distance between you and the ring, the exact angle of the photo taken, and so on. All these unknown, and likely un-recreatable, things make it difficult to be really precise in any analysis of something like this. I think the best we can do is say what it looks like, what it could possibly be, and then it would just be up to the individual viewing the image to decide which way to think.

I will still look into it further though, and post if anything more helpful comes to light.

#19 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Ive asked my Dad what he thinks or one of his fellow photography mates might be able to give another opinion?.
I'll let them go over it and come back with anything to add if they wish to or can help further.
Cheers Vern

Edited by rainmaker, 23 April 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#20 rainmaker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

So this is an old thread and I think it was discussed and concluded already.

I just wanted to add a pic of a kitten we adopted from the rescue center. Her ears are rather large and in this picture her eyes seem to be saying something like ''Give me food'' or ''It's me you fool''

We adopted her many months after the ring pic was taken and she was the last kitten left at the rescue center on the weekend we went out just 10 minutes after they opened. She does have big ears a little like the shadow kitten in my coin ring. I wanted our kids to grow up with animals around them like I did. She is a little gentle beauty who has bought in far too many live mostly unhurt gifts of mice birds and moths :there there:
Posted Image

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com